Author Topic: My Story Letting Go of Hurt to Hold on to Hope  (Read 3131 times)

Offline Milly

My Story Re: Letting Go of Hurt to Hold on to Hope
« Reply #110 on: June 03, 2019, 02:46:40 PM »
Faith, great news about the unexpected pay rise!!! If you're serious about the Tuscany trip pm me and we'll see.

Yes, now that D17 will be helping drive S14, your H won't be needed as much. I wonder how that is going to effect him. Interesting about the nonchalant brushing up against you (by mistake of course) during the national anthem. Spoon feeding? That's not an accident. Enjoy.
Married 1989, together since 1984 
BD May 2014,
D24, D21, S14
OW Physical Affair. He and she said she turned 34 the month of BD. She turned 50 last year.

Offline FaithWalkerTopic starter

Re: Letting Go of Hurt to Hold on to Hope
« Reply #111 on: June 08, 2019, 02:13:29 PM »
Hello everyone,

My first week of work was fantastic.  I like it a lot.  And they are all really nice to me.  I even got to work late on Thursday so that I could take a long lunch on Friday and go out to eat with my SIL.  I haven't been able to have a lunch date during work with anyone in years!  So far I seem to stay pretty busy.  I have been bringing a few things into my new office to make it personal for me.  And I am totally geeking out at my computer set-up.  The techie in me is loving that I have 4 monitors on my desktop that all do different things.  (2 of them are for security monitoring)

I've had a lot of phone contact with my MLCer this week.  Our roles have changed a little bit recently since I'm at work all day and he has been working from home.  He came to my house and took the kids to their eye appointments and then S14 had to go in a few days later for a cavity filling.  He's had me schedule a couple more things (D's wisdom teeth surgery consult and S's braces consult) as he is trying to get them in before the end of June when he possibly loses insurance.  It looks like he is moving jobs yet again (started this one on January 2nd).  Apparently they decided to move him from hourly to commission only and that just doesn't work for him, especially with his support obligations.

I have the weekend off and I'm hanging with the kids before they head over to their' F's tomorrow night.  I won't see them again until the 21st of June as they are headed on vacation with their grandparents on Friday (when normally they would come home on Sunday) so we are trying to get some family time in before they leave.   :)
M-41
H-43
S-18
D-16
S-14
Friends 7y before M
Married 14y
BD 12/14/15 - 2 weeks after 14th anniv.
Divorce final 4/13/16
EA - 9/15-4/16
New GF 12/16
Engaged 6/17 (I found out 8/10/17)
Moved to her State 4 States away - 7/13/17
Eng. off 8/20/17
Moved back to our State 8/24/17
Saw his POF the first month back
1.5y later no signs of anyone new - workaholic

Link to my journey: 
https://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=10630.new#new

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass - it's about learning to dance in the rain."

"Don't become a container for bitterness.  It's a toxin that destroys what it's carried in."

"Sometimes - some things have to break apart so better things can be built."

"If we don't take time to heal, we will bleed on people who didn't cut us."

Offline MyBrainIsBroken

« Reply #112 on: June 08, 2019, 06:24:43 PM »
I'm pleased to hear that things are going well for you at work. I'm not surprised to hear that they're nice to you there. You seem like somebody who people would treat well.

Enjoy your time with (and without) your kids!

Offline Dumbfounded

« Reply #113 on: June 11, 2019, 11:02:12 AM »
Congrats on the new job going well!! How exciting!! Not so much for the xH huh?

Try to enjoy the down time.
Married 1998
MLC H 48
LBS W 47
D16, S12
BD March, 2016
Left home Sept 4, 2016 - living with parents
H filed for D - July 24, 2017
D final March 14, 2018 - still living at parent's house

“You've seen my descent, now watch my rising.”
― Jalaluddin Rumi

Offline FearNot

« Reply #114 on: June 11, 2019, 01:34:52 PM »
Congrats on the new job! Nice to be able to have those lunch dates!! Enjoy your time!
M 46
H 40
No Kids
Married 5yrs, Together 11yrs
BD Oct 31/17
ILYBINILWY Dec 21/17
2nd BD- Dec 27/17
OW-Confirmed Jan 3/18

Isaiah 43:1 " But the Lord says.. Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. "

"It's ok to be scared. Being scared means you're about to do something really, really brave." Anonymous

Offline Milly

« Reply #115 on: June 15, 2019, 03:30:15 PM »
So good to hear your new job is exciting and you're loving it. Makes every day so much easier to face. Wonderful stuff!
Married 1989, together since 1984 
BD May 2014,
D24, D21, S14
OW Physical Affair. He and she said she turned 34 the month of BD. She turned 50 last year.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.