Author Topic: My Story Learning How to Live Again with Gratitude  (Read 4230 times)

Offline MaleficentTopic starter

My Story Re: Learning How to Live Again with Gratitude
« Reply #150 on: June 17, 2019, 07:13:26 AM »
Rose and Mego and Learning, Thanks for keeping me laughing.  It is all too easy to fall into the doldrums, but I do not want to go to that dark place.  I do love the thought of being a secret queen.

Thursday night after my chance sighting, I had a late text from H,  He was sorry I did not stop by the car as he wanted me to meet his friend.  So, on Sunday night he is all angst about settlement and documents and on Thursday he wants me to meet one of his friends.  (He could have rolled down the window, but Learning, I think you are right, I surprised him).  Times like this I see the confusion and the MLC world and think, this isn't me. 

He also heard from his mother that I am off on vacation today and wanted to wish me a nice time.  My MIL and SIL are going to visit my mother while I am away; she gets into trouble when she senses I am not close.  They do not want her to feel abandoned.  It is a long ride for the two of them, so I am very touched.

My mother and I had a nice moment this weekend.  We pulled her old travel journal from 30 years ago and read about her trip with my dad.  And I was able to see my little auntie and bring her peonies from her bush that we transplanted when she moved to the home for retired aunts.  One of my lessons during my journey is to slow down and see the joy and the blessings in every moment. 
BD and moved out 9/2017
M 30 years at BD, together 34

Offline KeepItTogether

Re: Learning How to Live Again with Gratitude
« Reply #151 on: June 17, 2019, 01:30:26 PM »
And I was able to see my little auntie and bring her peonies from her bush that we transplanted when she moved to the home for retired aunts.  One of my lessons during my journey is to slow down and see the joy and the blessings in every moment. 

Yes--the blessings. But sometimes hard to see through some of the rubbish life throws at us--like a root canal. It is a challenge every day to find them, but they are there.  And peonies are my absolute favorite flower ever!

Sorry I did have a little chuckle at your expense though--about getting soaked from the puddle. And I only laughed b/c it is something I would do. 

Me 47
H 46
S12
BD 5/16
H Moved out 6/16
OW--yes. Worked for H. EA turned into PA while I was in chemo. On again/off again like every high school romance

Offline LearningIamOk

« Reply #152 on: June 17, 2019, 04:31:46 PM »
I think it's wonderful that your MIL and SIL will look in on your mom. I am sure it will take a load off your mind and allow you to really enjoy your vacation.

One of my lessons during my journey is to slow down and see the joy and the blessings in every moment. 

Indeed. The good times are just sweeter than they used to be. Definitely a Silver Lining to this mess.
trying2bok

Online UrsaMajor

• Live like they are never coming back
« Reply #153 on: June 18, 2019, 12:04:48 AM »
The thread Police are here and it's time for a new Thread!

New Thread: https://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=10959
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 02:53:52 AM by UrsaMajor »
Me - 56
STBXW - 48
Together 19 years - Married 17 at separation
S - 12
D - 8
2 Dogs (1 each)
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015
House sold & separated - Mar 2016
Mid-Lifer filed for D
Waiting for final decree

Survival Instructions for Newbies
Site Map

A "friend" will not "stand by you" no matter what you do. That is NOT a friend. That is an enabler. That is an accomplice.
A REAL friend will sit you down and tell you to your face to stop being a firetrucking idiot before you ruin your life and the lives of those around you.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.