Author Topic: My Story Babe Gets Real  (Read 1302 times)

Online TreasurTopic starter

My Story Re: Babe Gets Real
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2019, 08:05:23 AM »
Another long convo with an old shared friend this morning.
He said well, I can't know of course, but the person I knew for 15 years was a decent good man who loved you and valued us. Obviously he changed and went a bit loopy, but I would still like to think that my old friend was Real bc I really liked him. But he is just a crazy dangerous person now so better for none of us to have contact which is sad. Nobody can make sense of that and you've been through hell. He's burned his bridges so he'll just have to get on with it.. Still, I think it is time for you to meet some nice new guys to play with bc you deserve to be loved and appreciated again  :)

And another friend rang asking me if I want to adopt a 5 year old tortie cat bc she doesn't much like their noisy house full of boys and dogs and probably wants to be a spoilt only girl cat  :) not sure...I resist anything permanent right now bc I don't know where I'm going...but maybe it's a post it note? Anyway I said I'd visit next month and meet her....we'll see.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 08:06:38 AM by Treasur »
T: 18  M: 12 (at BD)
No kids.
BD Oct 15. OW since Apr 16?
H filed Jan 17. Divorced April 18. XH married ow 6 weeks later.

Grateful for any appearance of the tiny karma bus  
"Option A is not available so I need to kick the s**t out of Option B" Sheryl Sandberg

Offline gman242

Re: Babe Gets Real
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2019, 08:20:33 AM »
one of my three cats is a tortise. She either will go from being a complete loner for months on end to being a whiny, fat baby that has to be held at the drop of a hat! only cats are a commitment.. that's why I have 3. I mean, I still love them all, but cats are social animals and better in multiples, if you don't have time for them, all the time.

Offline One day at a time

• MLCer Type: Low-Energy
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2019, 08:26:44 AM »
A lot of people have suggested pets to me too but I'm the same, I'm not ready to make any long term commitments. Specially since this is not the country I grew up in and I don't have family here.. I could decide to move abroad and having a pet would complicate matters.. I'm sure they are great company and I would enjoy having some sort of pet but still...
H - 41 (40 @BD1)
M - 42 (40 @BD1)
Together 15 years, M 8 @separation
No kids
BD1 - 26th Aug 2017 (Not happy, life has no purpose, "we have problems")
BD2 - 22nd March 2018 (Marriage is over, we want different things, confessed EA with someone 12,000 kms away although "she means nothing")
H moved in with parents 11th May 2018 (I asked him to leave as couldn't handle the EA rubbed all over my face)
H moved abroad 29th Dec 2018, not sure if OW will join him or if they are still in contact.

Trying very hard to let go...

« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2019, 09:18:38 AM »
I read that traditionally tortie cats are seen as bringers of good luck and sometimes called 'money cats'...hmmm, maybe I should open my door to one...
No kids.

"Option A is not available so I need to kick the s**t out of Option B" Sheryl Sandberg

Offline Acorn

« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2019, 09:24:36 AM »
Funny, I’ve been thinking ‘maybe Treasur would really enjoy something furry and cuddly’ and that’s way before this mention of the tortoise cat. 
Feb 2015: BD 1. H has a Nuclear meltdown.  The next morning arctic cold descends.
Oct 2015: BD 2,  ILYBIANILWY. “We should not have gotten married.”
Apr 2016: Affair discovered
Never left home
Dec 2017: Seriously reconnecting

Offline UrsaMajor

• You can't please everyone, you aren't a pizza
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2019, 12:27:03 PM »
Funny, I’ve been thinking ‘maybe Treasur would really enjoy something furry and cuddly’ and that’s way before this mention of the tortoise cat.

Or a teddy bear....
Me - 55
MLC - 47
Together 20 years - Married for 17 at separation
S - 11
D - 8
2 Canines (each of us has one)
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015
House sold and separated - March 2016
Mid-Lifer has filed for D

Survival Instructions for Newbies
Site Map

A "friend" will not "stand by you" no matter what you do. That is NOT a friend. That is an enabler. That is an accomplice.
A REAL friend will sit you down and tell you to your face to stop being a firetrucking idiot before you ruin your life and the lives of those around you.

« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2019, 01:27:07 PM »

Or a teddy bear....

Or a very hairy man...
No kids.

Offline Acorn

« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2019, 01:28:46 PM »
Now, now, children!  ;D
UM is both, perhaps.  I’m waiting for someone to tell ME off now.
Feb 2015: BD 1. H has a Nuclear meltdown.  The next morning arctic cold descends.
Oct 2015: BD 2,  ILYBIANILWY. “We should not have gotten married.”
Apr 2016: Affair discovered
Never left home
Dec 2017: Seriously reconnecting

« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2019, 01:45:27 PM »
 ;)
No kids.

Offline Anjae

« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2019, 03:28:19 PM »
A kitten sounds like a good idea. Maybe two like Gman said because cats are social creatures and if one does not have much time for them, better they have furry company.
Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together. (Marilyn Monroe)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk