Author Topic: My Story BURNING MAN 4  (Read 2108 times)

Offline WatcherTopic starter

My Story Re: BURNING MAN 4
« Reply #100 on: March 13, 2019, 07:05:37 AM »
Hi Thunder,

My mom caught me this morning as I'm running late for work because I failed to roll out of bed. She works in the town where she lives so she comes to her house. Anyway she caught me because I was running late.

She was very excited to see me and we discussed last night's Bachelor episode.  LOL...

I'm not even her favorite Thunder. IDK why she worries about me. We all know my 36 yr old brother is the baby of the family and he is her favorite, lol. I'm far down the list. 50yr old brother is #2.

My 2 sisters probably are 3&4. Man I'm at the bottom with my 55yr old brother. He is her 1st child so I'm definitely last that means without a doubt. Yep I'm her least favorite child. See how quickly I deduced that one. Hahahaha.

As she tells me. I am the one who needs her the most at the moment.  ::) LOL...

Anyway I think she just fears I'm going to be running around with women. Hahahaha.... Like that's a bad thing.  ;) I get the whole what will your sons think of you speech all the time. LOL....

Hello I'm not going to tell them, just sayin.  ::)

So we did a quick Bachelor recap and I escaped to work. Like I said I'm running late and sitting in wonderful traffic to get my day going. I pulled over to take a break as I hate traffic and I really have a job where I don't have to worry about my comings and goings.

Work is good like that. OK, so I'm at Dunkin Donuts for my coffee. I couldn't find a single one in Minnesota however I sorely miss my Caribou coffee.  :-\

My sister did  have a vanilla creme donut and breakfast  waiting for me yesterday. Yes they do take care of me.

So I will get my coffee and brave the traffic.

Enjoy your day Thunder.
Thank You  ;D

Offline readytofixmyselffirst

• Back to being #1 for my daughters!!!!
Re: BURNING MAN 4
« Reply #101 on: March 13, 2019, 10:18:49 AM »
Anyway I think she just fears I'm going to be running around with women.

Well, you were at a race in Minnesota-so technically, you are running around with women and men. So you can tell her you exploring all your options!

Yep I'm her least favorite child.

For my mom, she has no favorite, after 50 plus years, I and my two brothers took turns driving her crazy. She hates all of us.....not really. My dad is a player...his favorite son is the one he's with. Hahahaha

I am at a conference for the past two days. Rode stationary bike for 30 minutes and then did Shaun T Max 30 in my hotel room. He is really amazing. My true man crush.

Enjoy your coffee and your day- Fist bump,

Ready
"Always look in the mirror and love what you see."

« Reply #102 on: March 13, 2019, 06:49:02 PM »
Hi Ready,

Yes I am technically running around with women, lol. ::)

I've had a nice few quiet days back in NJ. There is nothing going on and I like it. The cold weather will be leaving soon and things should continue to proceed nicely until mania erupts again at some point.

This is my 3rd night back in Kickboxing. My oblique is still sore. My arms are sore tonight, especially the biceps. We have been throwing a lot of punches so they are tired. 9 days off from the gym is an eternity and I'm feeling it as I work my way back into the routine.

Knuckles, knees and elbows always get scraped up.

I have the St Patricks 8K on Sunday and the NJ half marathon on the 31st. Those are my 2 runs for March. I have 2 scheduled for April and they are both half marathons so I will probably not schedule anything else.

I found 2 small concert venues near me for Billy Currington and Kip Moore. They have particular songs that I like. "It Don't Hurt Like It Used To" and "Last Shot". They are very small venues so IDK if they are full concerts. Kip Moore is actually an acoustic tour and is advertised as very small. They are both in early May. The Currington concert is cheap and I'm waiting on the Kip Moore details.

The concerts are battling my running for attention, however kickboxing is my true love and will always win in the end.  8) The running is all about freedom. You have to focus on your body and pay attention to detail. Its a great escape. It's all about strategy and presereverence. You have to be both mentally and physically capable.

I loved standing on the frozen Lake Superior. Not many people around. The skies were gray and the ground was white. That was the perfect moment for reflection in the tundra.

So right now I'm just rolling with each day. I continue to make plans for my life. That's all I can do at the moment is just live.

Tomorrow I'm in the lovely office. I have to fill out more paperwork for the shutdown lawsuit and make an appointment for my fit for duty physical. I get to show off my mirror work. I'm so excited, lol.  ;D

Have a good night
Thanks
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 06:51:07 PM by Watcher »

« Reply #103 on: March 14, 2019, 05:11:36 PM »
"It's Mardi Gras up in the clouds,  I'm up so high,  I may never come down"  😎

That is soooooo my MLC anthem.  ;D "Drunk on a Plane"  hahahaha.

I had office duty today and we just discussed country music and venues. Apparently Kenny Chesney is a must go but he is not playing this year. I'm told summer concerts are phenomenal for many different reasons. ;) Something about boots and shorts. IDK where that conversation was going.  ::)

A pretty uneventful day. It's my job to make my co worker laugh since he just buried his dad and I did my job.

I went to kickboxing as usual. The oblique is still sore and may take 9 months to heal according to my friend so I will have to fight through it because I'm not giving up the gym for 9 months.  :o

Other than that I'm just livin' the mlc dream.

So I will return to Dierks.

"Stewardess is somethin' sexy, Leanin' pourin' Coke and Whiskey, Told her about my condition, Got a little mile-high flight attention".

Those are just like life altering lyrics, hahahaha. I am definitely going to his concert again at some point, somewhere. Ok I will be more serious tomorrow.  ;D

Have a good night.

Offline readytofixmyselffirst

• Back to being #1 for my daughters!!!!
« Reply #104 on: March 14, 2019, 05:18:14 PM »
Hello,

Two half marathons in a month is pretty intense.

Yes I am technically running around with women, lol. ::)

Yes, and I have found that if can find a cute girl to chase, just get behind her and run. Make sure she is a little faster than you. It will really improve your time. Once, I found a girl that ran my exact time and we just ran the race together and each finished with personal bests. That was a Relay race. It was fun.

I found 2 small concert venues near me for Billy Currington and Kip Moore.

Me and the little lady like shows. We have seen Shen Yun, Fiddler on the Roof, and Wicked. We are going to see Anastasia in New York  this summer. One of my favorite shows was Burn'n Love an Elvis impersonation show in Maui. I was planning our trip and wanted to go to something special. I paid extra and got us front row seats! On the night of the show, there were only a small group of us attending maybe a hundred to hundred and fifty people. I could have saved money by moving six feet back. I was 51 at the time and my wife was 43 and we were the youngest people in the audience.

Fortunately, the show was good and we had a blast. So when it comes to concerts, I am useless.

My arms are sore tonight, especially the biceps.

Throwing punches just kill the arms.

I am about to work my abs. Shuan T style.

Continue to make those plans and move forward. You are doing great. 

Fist bump-

Ready
"Always look in the mirror and love what you see."

Offline Thunder

« Reply #105 on: March 14, 2019, 06:10:56 PM »
"And when we land I'll call her up and tell her 'Kiss my ass'
Cause hey, I'm drunk on a plane."

Oh no, now you have me singing it...but I do love that song.   ;D 

For me, Brad Paisley could sing the phone book and I'd go see him.  Yum!

I just ordered Sully Erna's (from Godsmack) CD...Hometown Life.  Awesome songs.
Different Kind of Tears is my Fav.  He has the best voice ever!

Ready, I'm glad you and your little lady enjoy shows.  I'm kind of a music lover myself, but shows are fun too.  Or any headliners in Vegas.

Ok we can get serious tomorrow.

Have a good night, Watcher.   ;D
A quote from a recovered MLCer: 
"From my experience if my H had let me go a long time ago, and stop pressuring me, begging, and pleading and just let go I possibly would have experienced my awakening sooner than I did."

Online Whyus

« Reply #106 on: March 15, 2019, 12:21:11 AM »
Just catching up but had to Quote this, sorry for the Hijack mate.

OH... and..plus I looked up some of Dierk's songs and I actually did like them.  Especially "Drunk on the Plane."   ;D

That was one of our favourite Top down cruisin Songs when we were in the Satates along with "Drink along song" from Montgomery Gentry (although he can be a Little too patriotic for my liking, If he was German with such lyrics he would probably get slayed and called a Nazi) ;D
@ Thunder, Watcher, check out "Black Stone Cherry", "The Cadillac Three", "Blackberry Smoke", "Monster truck" and "Quaker City Noght hawks" all great Country/Rock bands, I love them all. "Too Country for rock and too rock for Country". Perfect  8)
Im getting to see Godsmack twice in june at rock am ring (Germany) and Graspop (Belgium) Festivals. Ive never listened to them, maybe I should  ;)

Watcher, those concerts are addictive and the perfect time out for a LBS, Ive been to lots since BD (and lots before of Course)...

« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 01:19:43 AM by Whyus »
Married - 19,5 Years pre BD
Together - 21,5 Years
Me: 45
W: 45 (Acts 25)
BD 1: 10.01.2017
BD 2: 24.02.2017 OM 28 (now 30) Trainings partner. W is trying to get People to accept them.
2 Sons - 19 & 20
1 Dogs and a cat.
Own home . Sold!
Divorce Date 21.08.2018
T1  http://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=8671.0

« Reply #107 on: March 15, 2019, 05:05:41 AM »
Hi Ready, Thunder, Whyus.

"And when we land I'll call her up and tell her kiss my ass" 😎 is the best line Thunder. That song is so addictive, lol. I had that backwards. That song really is the LBS anthem. 😂 I'm just pretending to have a MLC.   ;D Hahahaha

Yea Whyus I think I'm going to enjoy concerts. I'm hooked. I think I get hooked easily. We discussed a lot of different venues yesterday both small and large. I'm looking at 2 small venues at the moment with one being a small acoustic concert with Kip Moore. Ready I have 3 halfs lined up in 6 weeks so we will see how it goes. There are 2 week breaks in between.  May is pretty quiet for the moment. I only have a 10K planned.

I'm off from work today so I have a morning and evening kickboxing sessions. I haven't started the weight training again yet. That will be Monday. Tomorrow I have work so my body will rest. I have to isolate the exercises that are causing the oblique to flare up. It's definitely kicking with my left leg so I will stop doing that. It also maybe the crunches 😭 and I will have to put that one on pause.

It's 10 weeks to Memorial Day. Starts Monday. That's all they keep pushing at the gym, lol. Have to get ready for the beach. I may just have to crunch it out and take the pain.😈

So, you know, today will be kickboxing, laundry, because I always do laundry, and 'Drunk on a Plane' at least 10,000 times. 😜

Enjoy your day everyone
Thank you

« Reply #108 on: March 15, 2019, 09:49:42 AM »
So I went to the gym for the morning session and now I will be icing my oblique for 2 days in prep for the 8K. Maybe it was the half marathon that brought this about. I've had it before. It needs ice and rest. It's right in my rib cage. So running could also be a problem. It's really inflamed at the moment.

So I had to console myself before I fall into a deep lack of gym depression. 😢  I am vunerable afterall.  ::) So I soothed my sadness by scoring concert #2. Jason Aldean: Ride All Night Tour 2019 with Kane Brown and Carly Pearce 😍. LOL... So that's in May and I cannot wait for concert #2.

All I can do today is laundry, ice my oblique and search for more concerts. 😎 IDK... I'm starting to like this whole crisis thing. I even have a concert account now. I'm still waiting for those Kip Moore tickets to open. Dierks will be here in NJ during July.  ;D

Stupid oblique fouling me up. If I can't exercise I'm in a lot of trouble and so is my wallet  :-\. Hahahaha

Nothing more dangerous than an awakened LBS with a credit card. 😎 I will be getting you up to speed on "Hide the Wine", "Every Little Thing" Thunder. That's the next project. For now we are still stuck on "Drunk on a Plane" ☺

Offline Thunder

« Reply #109 on: March 15, 2019, 10:06:34 AM »
The only one I know is Jason Aldean, Watcher.  He had a few songs I liked awhile back.
Don't know the rest.

I just wanted to suggest ice, rest and ibuprofen.  It works great on inflammation. 

Well sure hope you're feeling better by Sunday.  It was probably from dancing around at the concert with your red Solo cup.   ;D
A quote from a recovered MLCer: 
"From my experience if my H had let me go a long time ago, and stop pressuring me, begging, and pleading and just let go I possibly would have experienced my awakening sooner than I did."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk