Author Topic: My Story The pink fridge moment continued!  (Read 2149 times)

Offline Acorn

My Story Re: The pink fridge moment continued!
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2019, 02:29:09 PM »
Aw, Milly, I’m so sorry you are not feeling well.  Here is some cyber hugs for you.  (((((((((HUGS)))))))
Hope you get better very, very soon.

I love that you want your S to have R with his father.  You do not put your feelings about H above what is good for your S.  That’s what a loving mother does...

As for the fancy garden furniture?  Pfffff, it’s just a ‘thing’.  I doubt it would give him any happiness. 
We would rather sit on a worn out blank with our beautiful kids than sit alone in a fancy chair, or worse, with someone that owns you. 

Feb 2015: BD 1. H has a Nuclear meltdown.  The next morning arctic cold descends.
Oct 2015: BD 2,  ILYBIANILWY. “We should not have gotten married.”
Apr 2016: Affair discovered
Never left home
Dec 2017: Seriously reconnecting

Offline Anjae

Re: The pink fridge moment continued!
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2019, 02:39:04 PM »
Welcome to your new thread, Milly.

Sorry to hear you have a bronchitis. Take good care of yourself. If the bronchitis does not heal well it can bring further complications.

I had another one early this year and it took me ages to get well.

Hope you get better soon.

Hugs,
X
Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together. (Marilyn Monroe)

Offline MillyTopic starter

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2019, 05:09:30 AM »
Thank you guys, you are so sweet: Rising, Treasur, Oneday, Hero, Acorn, and Anjae.

Love the pink fridge and posecco ass spanking image! Actually I think I'm going to stock it with pink prosecco!

Acorn, thanks for reminding me that fancy garden furniture is just a thing. You are so right. And that we would rather be on a dusty, doggie-hairy, old couch with our kids than on a shiny lounge chair with our 'owner.'

Thank you Anjae, I am going to be very careful to take care of myself. I am scared of getting pneumonia, It's on the back of my mind. You've probably had similar weather to us here, and the up and down temperatures are risky for this kind of illness. Pouring here right now.

I am feeling better than yesterday, antibiotics and cortisone are doing their work. Feeling relieved.

S14 made me broth last night for dinner so we could let D21 go out with her friends. He was so attentive, told me I could call him for anything. D21 came home to sleep so she could drive S to school this morning for me. This has been such a big help for me. Tomorrow I must do my tasting, so today I need to shower and get my stuff ready for real life again.

I am making plans for Easter just so I'm forced to do something. I know you all know what I mean. I have a group of friends with kids that I've been doing Easter with since BD. I just sent them a message to say Easter is at my house as usual. I'm sure they were all wondering. They know I've been tired since this last move.

I told them I'm going to buy a barbecue and let's grill a bunch of meat. They're excited. They'll bring starters and desserts and all sorts of other stuff being Italian. Easter lunch is made up of many courses. The kids will be able to play outside. We'll set up ping-pong, billiards table, soccer nets and then I'll do my Easter egg hunt as usual. I will probably regret it two days before but I must force myself to keep up the social side. Oh, yes, lots of pink prosecco will help me. Must remember that.
Married 1989, together since 1984 
BD May 2014,
D24, D21, S14
OW Physical Affair. He and she said she turned 34 the month of BD. She turned 50 last year.

Offline UrsaMajor

• You can't please everyone, you aren't a pizza
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2019, 05:24:32 AM »
<snarky mode on>
Well, spiffy new Garden furniture... NOW we know where the money for S's Christmas Present and the 700 Euros on D24's credit card went
</snarky mode>

But YOU nailed it Milly - Better a couch full of dog hair with our kids than new garden furniture with an "owner."

Take care of yourself with the Bronchitis... EVIL stuff there...

Me - 55
MLC - 47
Together 19 years - Married for 17 at separation
S - 12
D - 8
2 Canines (each of us has one)
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015
House sold and separated - March 2016
Mid-Lifer has filed for D

Survival Instructions for Newbies
Site Map

A "friend" will not "stand by you" no matter what you do. That is NOT a friend. That is an enabler. That is an accomplice.
A REAL friend will sit you down and tell you to your face to stop being a firetrucking idiot before you ruin your life and the lives of those around you.

Offline Acorn

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2019, 05:33:55 AM »
I am making plans for Easter just so I'm forced to do something. I know you all know what I mean. I have a group of friends with kids that I've been doing Easter with since BD. I just sent them a message to say Easter is at my house as usual. I'm sure they were all wondering. They know I've been tired since this last move.

I told them I'm going to buy a barbecue and let's grill a bunch of meat. They're excited. They'll bring starters and desserts and all sorts of other stuff being Italian. Easter lunch is made up of many courses. The kids will be able to play outside. We'll set up ping-pong, billiards table, soccer nets and then I'll do my Easter egg hunt as usual. I will probably regret it two days before but I must force myself to keep up the social side. Oh, yes, lots of pink prosecco will help me. Must remember that.

I’m so happy you are doing this that my eyes are misty...

Just as we want to see MLCer’s action to prove whatever they say, I believe the same goes for us.  It’s all fine and dandy to declare GAL is good, I’m going to GAL, but the proof is in the pudding. You are one LBS that DOES.  Look what you have done with your house, your kids, party invitations, work, AND the pink fridge!   You are my kind of gal (pun intended).  Hooray for Milly!

((((((HUGS)))))) and may your bronchitis disappear ASAP!
Feb 2015: BD 1. H has a Nuclear meltdown.  The next morning arctic cold descends.
Oct 2015: BD 2,  ILYBIANILWY. “We should not have gotten married.”
Apr 2016: Affair discovered
Never left home
Dec 2017: Seriously reconnecting

Offline MillyTopic starter

« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2019, 05:42:47 AM »
UM, thank you! You turned my purchasing the fancy garden furniture into a laugh!

Acorn, thank you for your very lovely words!
Married 1989, together since 1984 
BD May 2014,
D24, D21, S14
OW Physical Affair. He and she said she turned 34 the month of BD. She turned 50 last year.

Offline Shining Star

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2019, 05:15:54 PM »
Hi Milly:  I am glad you are feeling better and that you had such awesome nurses while you were sick.  How sweet for your kids to step up and take care of you.  I also made Easter plans this week.  Since BD, I have been joining some friends for their festivities.  They moved last year, so I called, invited myself, and bought a plan ticket.  It is nice when you have such good friends that you can count on them to get through the holidays.  Your house party sounds perfect to lift your spirits.  Who would have thought this was our new norm....
H:56, I am 54
BD: March 2014, Left Sept 2014, Back Nov 2014
Left again in February 2015.  Asked for D on 9/22/15
Said he was "sure" he wanted a D in Dec 2015; 
Admitted long term affair - May 14, 2017 - says he is in love with the "symptom" but wants to build a relationship with me with "clear expectations" WHATEVER THAT MEANS!  Settlement Agreement signed 9/20/17.
Divorce final 3/14/18.
NC - by choice - 1/2018

Offline CanLetGo

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2019, 02:51:00 AM »
Aww, I want to come to Millys for Easter, sounds perfect! Hope feeling a lot better soon x
Me 45
H 49
3 young adult kids
BD December 2013, left home August 2014, D June 2018
OW 17 years younger

Online Treasur

« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2019, 02:53:20 AM »
Me too.....let's ALL go...Easter at Milly's house  ;D
T: 18  M: 12 (at BD)
No kids.
BD Oct 15. OW since Apr 16?
H filed Jan 17. Divorced April 18. XH married ow 6 weeks later.

Grateful for any appearance of the tiny karma bus  
"Option A is not available so I need to kick the s**t out of Option B" Sheryl Sandberg

Offline CanLetGo

« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2019, 02:54:06 AM »
Me too.....let's ALL go...Easter at Milly's house  ;D

We need a ‘like’ button 😂

I’m working 10 days straight over Easter 😬. Shift work life
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 02:56:37 AM by CanLetGo »
Me 45
H 49
3 young adult kids
BD December 2013, left home August 2014, D June 2018
OW 17 years younger

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.