Author Topic: My Story The pink fridge moment continued!  (Read 2150 times)

Offline Anjae

My Story Re: The pink fridge moment continued!
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2019, 12:37:58 PM »
Glad to know you're better. Your kids were great nurses. Your plans for Easter sound fabulous.
Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together. (Marilyn Monroe)

Offline stillbaffled

Re: The pink fridge moment continued!
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2019, 07:15:57 PM »
A bit late to the party, Milly, but I'm still with you! 

I hope you're on the mend. 
After all, tomorrow is another day.
Together 16 years - married 6
BD - 1/1/16
His divorce final 7/16
Married OW - 7/17
a consistent semi-vanisher in the same small town

Online readytofixmyselffirst

• Back to being #1 for my daughters!!!!
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2019, 06:36:52 AM »
Hello,

Sounds like great plans for Easter. I wish I could bring my grill to your party. We could smoke and grill a delicious meal!

It is wise to still carry on and have some activities that bring and keep people in your life. I just want you to take care of your health. That comes first!

UM's sense of humor is so refreshing. I don't know how he does it, but he finds the perfect image everytime!

Stay well, focus on your children and get ready for your party!

((((Hugs))) and more ((((Hugs)))
"Always look in the mirror and love what you see."

Offline MillyTopic starter

« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2019, 03:14:46 PM »
I've had a very bad evening. I had a great day and was feeling so positive, met the handy man to help finish up my little rental this morning and thought I could see the end of the tunnel, booked a nice dinner for S14 and D21, and as I was setting out with S14, I went to get my mother's gold and diamond necklace from my jewellery box and found all my jewellery has been stolen. I wore it last on Christmas day.

I think it happened last Tuesday. I had been up in bed sick all day. I came downstairs around 7pm when S got home and told him the terrace doors were open. He said he didn't do it. I thought maybe D21 left them open so I just shut them. I was going to tell her off but I was sick and never mentioned it. Then tonight I phoned her and she said she had locked the door but had found the second set of terrace doors open and thought I'd left them open.

I called a police man neighbour who is out of town. He told me to go look at the outside of the locks to see if there is a small hole that might have been drilled into the lock. There was a hole in one of the terrace doors right through the lock. They came in while I was upstairs. Went straight to my secret jewellery drawer in an old box. Didn't mess anything, there was no sign inside of a break in.

It's so hurtful. I have lost every piece of jewellery I own. Every gift from my parents since I was little, H's gifts to me throughout the years, two beautiful necklaces my mother gave me before she died. Nothing left. I feel so robbed once again. Just another part of my history erased. Caring friends said I will replace them. I'm 54 and supporting my kids, I can't be replacing a life time of jewels. I know I'm not hurt nor are my kids, but it's another violation. I just wish these bad things would just stop happening. This is the second burglary I've been through since BD. The first one happened in my old home. They didn't find my jewellery that time but turned the house up side down from top to bottom.

Sorry if i'm a victim tonight. My RL friends are very caring but they don't realize what it's like to already have lost my lifetime family creation, my lifetime of financial effort, my H, my extended family, the future I had been planning for 30 years, my family home, my business, and now even these last things. I just don't know how to fit it in my acceptance of the losses.
Married 1989, together since 1984 
BD May 2014,
D24, D21, S14
OW Physical Affair. He and she said she turned 34 the month of BD. She turned 50 last year.

Offline Anjae

« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2019, 03:32:01 PM »
I am so sorry, Milly.

Any chance of the pieces being recoved by the police? Even if you had the means, the new jewellery would not have the sentimental value pieces who were gifts from your parents, husband and the two necklaces your mum gave you before you died had.

Long ago, nearly all my mothers jewellery was stolen. She didn't had many pieces, but they had all either belonged to her Godmother, her mother (my grandmother) or gifts from my dad. The only piece that wasn't stolen was a pair of old gold and pearl hearrings that had belonged to her Godmother and I inherit. Mum was hearbroken. Even more because it was a maid that stole the  jewellery.

When it pours it rains. I don't have any explanation why, at times, we are dealt one blow after another.

Hugs,
XX
Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together. (Marilyn Monroe)

Offline Mitzpah

• How I long for your precepts! Psalm 119:40
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2019, 03:34:37 PM »
Milly,

I am so sorry. :'(

It seems so unfair, one loss upon another, on and on.

Have you registered the complaint properly, describing all the pieces? Perhaps the police may be able to recover something?

I have very little jewelry, but what I have I wear. My father used to worry about me if I went downtown and ask me to take it off because of the very real danger of mugging here in Rio. Fortunately, I have never been attacked.

I am very sorry, I would also not want to lose my jewelry :(
M 57
H 57
S 27
S 25
D 24
BD 13 Dec 2010
Divorced 27 Feb 2015 (30 years marriage)

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future" Jeremiah 29:11

Offline Rising Phoenix

• Mlc- Cake eater for 3 yr now vanisher
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2019, 03:35:23 PM »
Oh milly, I’m so sorry. That is awful. Can the police investigate? Is there fingerprints left? I wonder how they knew where your jewellery was. May he worth investing in some security cameras. Thank god that they didn’t come upstairs.

I can’t even begin to imagine how you must be feeling, your jewellery was precious because of the memories that went with them. I know it is of little comfort but they cannot steal your memories.

Hugs. I wish I could hug you properly xx
Me 51
H52
Married still, 22yrs
Together 30yrs
BD 20/10/2014
Left first 12/12/2014
10 come backs and leaves again for same ow
Last left 7.03.17.
Ow 16 yrs younger, no children never been married. co worker. EA turned to PA and lives with ow
Divorce bomb drop by him 31/8/17 by solicitor letter after being caught by ow at lunch with me 3 wk earlier. Not yet finalised.
Crazy divorce started by him.
Clinging boomerang for 3 yrs now Vanisher but  twice a yr pops his head up. ow has balls in a vice!

Offline Maleficent

« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2019, 03:38:38 PM »
Milly, I am so sorry.  I understand how each piece has its own story and its own memories. And how wearing those pieces brings us strength from the person who gave them.

I am worried that someone came in while you were home and knew right where to go.  Can you get some security system?  It is a little scary.

Offline MillyTopic starter

« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2019, 03:59:29 PM »
Thank you so much Maleficent, Rising, Anjae and Mitz.

Anjae, my neighbour the policeman told me to make a list of the jewellery and describe it as best as possible because sometimes they do retrieve stolen jewellery especially if it's particular. He said the will try to pawn it at those places that offer cash for gold and they would be checking them. I will do this of course, but I have no expectations.

Mitz, I should have worn it. At least I would still have something. Take photos of your jewellery just in case.

Rising, I'm calling the police in the morning. I couldn't face it tonight. I haven't touched the outside of the door where they drilled so I hope they can find something. Security cameras is a great idea. I'm in a rental but it's still worth me doing something about it myself.

Maleficent, I'm horrified that someone drilled, came in, in the daylight, I was upstairs but didn't hear them, and knew exactly where to go for my jewellery. Only 4 people knew where it was. As my friend says, good job the jewellery was down stairs and not up stairs or I would have been faced with them. I am going to tell the owner of the place that the doors need better locks and possibly bars. A security system is really expensive and this is a rental. Like Rising says, I could get security cameras.

This was my new home. I wanted to stay here for years, but now I'm not sure I can.
Married 1989, together since 1984 
BD May 2014,
D24, D21, S14
OW Physical Affair. He and she said she turned 34 the month of BD. She turned 50 last year.

Offline Anjae

« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2019, 04:16:55 PM »
Hope the police finds your jewellery.

If only four people knew where it was, does your neighbour the policeman thinks one of them tipped the people who went into your house?

You can get security cameras. Telling the owner that the doors need better locks and possibly bars is a good idea.

This was my new home. I wanted to stay here for years, but now I'm not sure I can.

Right now you're in shock, Milly. Let things calm down a little, then decide if moving is better for you.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.