Author Topic: Mirror-Work The difference of a bitter lbs and accepting what is  (Read 1556 times)

Offline Treasur

Mirror-Work Re: The difference of a bitter lbs and accepting what is
« Reply #50 on: May 05, 2019, 12:09:38 PM »
I don't much like the fact that I still often feel sad or lonely or miss my h and even sometimes a bit bewildered by being here and how awful it was. All of those feelings are infinitely better than this list or the kind of life this list would create.
T: 18  M: 12 (at BD) No kids.
H diagnosed with severe depression Oct 15. BD May 16. OW since April 16, maybe earlier. Silent vanisher mostly.
Divorced April 18. XH married ow 6 weeks later.
Healing and growing found here https://littleplotbythesea.wordpress.com

"Option A is not available so I need to kick the s**t out of Option B" Sheryl Sandberg

Offline Nerissa

Re: The difference of a bitter lbs and accepting what is
« Reply #51 on: May 05, 2019, 12:19:50 PM »
Oh dear, Acorn...it is like a set of MLC ingredients isn't it?
What an interesting list. Makes you wonder just how bitter our spouses are/were....

Just  what I was thinking!

I was also going to say that for me, the importance of being heard and my hurt recognises has been of huge importance in tempering this kind of reaction.  It wells up when I feel deflected or dismissed.  I’m not sure the power of empathy in helping us to heal, even when our reactions are not entirely sensible or reasonable, is not always fully appreciated.

Offline xyzcf

« Reply #52 on: May 05, 2019, 12:25:57 PM »
Acorn:
My thinking is that just as happiness and love are choice, so are bitterness and hatred.

What a wonderful list!

I watched a CNN program last night called Chasing Life with Dr, Sanja Gupta. The episode I watched was about how in Norway, people are really very happy. There are a multitude of reasons (although the long darkness of winter and cold would not make me very happy) but it is a choice and an attitude. One thing that stood out, and what we say often to LBSers was the importance of getting your body moving, particularly good if you can do activities outdoors. All kinds of psychological benefits and physiological release of endorphins.

My MLCer told me he "resented me" and actually I think resentment and bitterness are similar. A few years ago, he smugly told me that he didn't resent me anymore...he had got beyond that. I am still puzzled as to what exactly he resented me for.
"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see" Hebrews 11:1

"You enrich my life and are a source of joy and consolation to me. But if I lose you, I will not, I must not spend the rest of my life in unhappiness."

" The truth does not change according to our ability to stomach it". Flannery O'Connor

https://www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com/chapter-contents.html

Offline Keep believingTopic starterTopic starter

« Reply #53 on: May 06, 2019, 03:42:43 AM »
Every single thing on the bitter list is my H!   and maybe im not bitter just extremely angry for right now! Who in the world can do that ! maybe if he was with ow,  but the kids too just topped the list of worldest biggest  @$$hole , deadbeat dad regardless of mlc.   The most selfish person I have ever known!

Offline LearningIamOk

« Reply #54 on: May 10, 2019, 03:53:16 PM »
I grew up with an extremely bitter and jealous mother. She resented anything good that happened in my life. She was forever the victim for numerous reasons. She never let go of the reasons and could recount, starting all the way back to 1943, every way in which she had been wronged.

I swore I would never end up like her. She passed away about 4 years before BD, but she would have been delighted that my M blew up. She told me from the beginning of my M that it would never last. So she was sort of right, it only lasted 34 years. ::)

I am sorry for the way the M ended, but I continue to find my stride and be thankful for the things that I do have, and have had in my life.

Acorn, I really like your list. It really encompassed all the facets of a bitter person, and my mother ticked all of them. So sad to live life completely absorbed in the "why me" camp.

Perhaps not being bitter is a special kind of FU to crazy nasty people.  :)

I am certainly giving that FU on a daily basis. It really does mess with their minds. LOL
trying2bok

Offline stayed

« Reply #55 on: June 01, 2019, 07:28:40 AM »
Ouch, where was that list when I most needed it... hehehe!  It's not funny, but I just about killed myself with my anger and bitterness.  I started having anxiety attacks, unable to eat, sleep... oh my, I was one angry, bitter lady. 

I eventually came out of it, solely because I became "sick and tired of being sick and tired"!  It was rotting my soul from the inside out.  Not to mention the outside wasn't looking too good either, as I was skinny and haggard.

Great discussion... hugs Stayed
Married 42yrs.
Reconciled July 5, 2006

"Don't be so open minded your brains fall out".  by Stephen A. Kallis, Jr.
"We believe marriage is sacred, but it is not our job to save marriages; it is our goal to empower each of you to save your own marriage."

Stayed Husband Letter
The Hero's Spouse Mission Statement
Survival Instructions for Newbies
The Mentor Program
LBS SCRIPT

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.