Author Topic: My Story Hunting Normal Service  (Read 2275 times)

Offline Anon

My Story Re: Hunting Normal Service
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2019, 02:00:11 PM »
Treasur,, I'm so sorry to hear about your mom.  The end of life stage is so difficult.  Many hugs to you while you go through yet another difficult time.

My mother also had dementia and she declined rapidly in the last several months of her life.   She had no mobility, and no ability to do even the simplest tasks for herself.   It was heartbreaking to see.  She wanted to go and had dealt with enough of this life.    It had been an exhausting year in both our lives and I was relieved and grateful when her time came.   Then BD only 7 weeks later.   Something I'm not sure I can ever forgive because it completely derailed my process of grieving my mother to deal with the horrifying nightmare of abandonment and betrayal. 

You and your mom are in my thoughts and prayers. 

Anon

Offline Anjae

Re: Hunting Normal Service
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2019, 02:24:55 PM »
Welcome to your new thread, Treasur.

I am sorry to hear about your mum. I understand you. At a point, with grandmother, I had the same feeling. Paternal grandmother has Alzheimer's and mum has vascular dementia, but we still aren't in the going to hospital phase.

Glad to know things are going well with the allotment. Looking forward to see new pictures of it.
Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together. (Marilyn Monroe)

Offline Mortesbride

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2019, 02:38:55 PM »
Be careful what you wish for. Poor Whyus said his thread was boring then he got a MLC roller coaster.  :o

Don't wanna jinx yourself.

I am sorry to hear about your mother, but understand your feelings too.

Me and my father had a complicated relationship to say the least. In the end we at least got some time to talk, and get a bit of closure I guess before he died. But it was tough to watch this 6' 5'' man wither away slowly over 2+ years, knowing there was nothing we could do to help him. Watching everything he was become....everything he wasn't. When he finally passed I was of course sad, as all children are, but...also relieved he was no longer suffering. By the end he had no quality of life.
You know this is MLC when you have played emotional hot potato with a pair of crotch-less tights.

Online Rosetintedglasses

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2019, 03:16:36 PM »
Joining in on your recovery story Treasur. Your thoughts and writings are always good as you are so knowledgeable having gone through so much.

💕 Sending love to you and your Mother 💕

Rose 🌹
Married 15+ years with 2 children
BD1 - 2016
BD2 - 2017
PA with MOW Mar 2016-Jan 2017 then EA
H left home Oct 2017 to stay with his parents
Bought a family Puppy mid 2018 - referred to as ‘P’

Link to advice by my mentor, Phoenix, on what to tell the children about H leaving - reply #33 (it had a glitch)
https://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=9313.30

Offline Maleficent

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2019, 04:45:51 PM »
Treasur,
Following along.  Sending thoughts and prayers and virtual yellow roses for you and your mother.  Wishing you peace and grace. Maleficent
BD and moved out 9/2017
M 30 years at BD, together 34

Offline Nerissa

« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2019, 01:01:18 AM »
I hope your mother is as comfortable as she can be and am thinking about you.

Offline Whyus

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2019, 01:45:18 AM »
Sorry to read about your Mother Treasur, do you have room in the "recovery Gang" for another fan of yours.

Be careful what you wish for. Poor Whyus said his thread was boring then he got a MLC roller coaster.  :o
This! Boring is good, I wont be complaining about that anymore i promise.  :o
Married - 19,5 Years pre BD
Together - 21,5 Years
Me: 45
W: 45 (Acts 25)
BD 1: 10.01.2017
BD 2: 24.02.2017 OM 28 (now 30) Trainings partner. W is actually getting People to accept them.
2 Sons - 19 & 21
1 Dogs and a cat.
Own home . Sold!
Divorce Date 21.08.2018
T1  http://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=8671.0

Online Silver

« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2019, 02:52:28 AM »
Attaching Treasur, sorry to hear about your mother's situation.
"I've seen dreams that move the mountains, hope that doesn't ever end even when the sky is falling. I've seen miracles just happen, silent prayers get answered, broken hearts become brand new. That's what faith can do." Kutless

Offline sachat3

« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2019, 02:56:19 AM »
Staying with you.

I’m so sorry to hear about your mother. I agree. Keep writing. There’s so many people your words will help. Even if you don’t realise it.

Me - 27
H - 34
3 children together D2 D5 D7
Together - almost 8 years

BD & MLCer moved out - November 2017
OW discovered - December 2017

Online TreasurTopic starter

« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2019, 05:39:24 AM »
Mum seems slightly better. Read this book hanging around at the hospital this morning https://www.simonandschuster.co.uk/books/In-Search-of-Silence/Poorna-Bell/9781471169212 and it is a remarkable window into my/our Recovery Gang head. (Her first Chase the Rainbow was about the love and death of her depressed husband and was equally as it is and remarkable imho)
T: 18  M: 12 (at BD)
No kids.
BD Oct 15. OW since Apr 16?
H filed Jan 17. Divorced April 18. XH married ow 6 weeks later.

Grateful for any appearance of the tiny karma bus  
"Option A is not available so I need to kick the s**t out of Option B" Sheryl Sandberg

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.