Skip to main content

Author Topic: My Story Contact Continues

My Story Re: Contact Continues
#50: August 27, 2019, 09:55:37 AM
My BD was 8/31 right before labor day too.  I'm coming up on 2 years in.  I got a call from a New York area code few days ago.  I picked it up and triggered lot of anxiety.  It was a pharmacy calling to tell me my daughters prescription was ready.  She's on my insurance, so my number is in their system.  I sort of want to hear from them but also really don't.  Anyway it went away as soon as I realized what it was.  But there are those things that can stir you up.

The thing is, it's so hard to get closure.  It's such a shock and I see many similarities in these stories but even after what's been done to us, it's hard to come to a place we can be satisfied we've done the right thing.  The hangup in our lives is another part of the cruelty of what our spouses did to us.

Holding the door for someone, It's just a common courtesy people should have for each other and our exs will treat us like absolute crap and makes us feel like crap.  Don't be a door mat!  you are certainly worth having the door held for.     
M39, W38, D16, S14, S13 at BD. 20yr together married 18
Said I love you every night before bed good physical R
8/31/17 filed for D, left papers at house for me to find. Didn't come home or answer phone.
Moved to her parents house 2 doors down.
9/15/17 discover OM and PA she had the night of BD.
OM 12yr older unemployed in NY city met online leaving to marry him.  Said "I've done things for others my whole life time for me to do something for me", "I deserve to do what makes me happy!"
10/31/2017 left for good.
D final 12/21/2017
Returned once 3/28/18 to visit family.
Convinced D to leave and live with her 6/4/2018
Boys both live with me don't talk to mom.

• I HAVE 2 CHOICES-BE HAPPY OR BE HAPPY
Re: Contact Continues
#51: October 05, 2019, 09:26:11 AM
I'm not here a lot because of a variety of reasons. I try to follow threads but rarely comment.  All that to say........I survived husband MLC. 

Husband is still around and we're comfortable around each other. He's giving me compliments ("you're an attractive woman", "you are a good mom"). He TRIED to compliment me by saying I'm aging like fine wine 😲.  I think he realized that one should have been left unsaid. But, he said, he's trying 🤨. 

He showed up one evening looking horrible. Red eyes and extremely tired.  The arrogant boastful man that left in 2014 is replaced with a pudgy older man with a belly.  Life and people showed him who he really is and i suspect that's what humbled him.  If plans are being made with our 3 children he now include himself, which is OK.  I'm comfortable around him.  He LOVES teasing me and reminiscing. 

Husband shared that he's a homebody.  Son lives with his dad and said he's always in bed.  Pre-mlc both of us were home bodies and spent our together with our children. 

Are we back together, no. No talk of restoration. Nothing about the 'real' issues, the hard issues. That will have to happen or there will never be a deeper relationship.  I can forgive but I must know that you really get what you did and how that I impacted me forever.  He has to learn the new YellowroseofTexas. 

So, that's where we are.  I really enjoy being around this husband.  He compliments freely and look for opportunities to be part of his family.  He's asking questions about me BUT I'm not sharing ANYTHING. I no longer obsess about the meaning of what he say or don't say.......I'm not doing that anymore.  What will be will be. 
Married 21 years
Bomb 💣 Drop O7-2014
Husband Left 09-2014
Divorce 2015
S27; D23; D20
No contact 2015-2018
Contact and Positive communication-01-2019
Unsure if he’s dating; Unsure if I'm still standing
“I walked a mile with Pleasure;
She chatted all the way;
But left me none the wiser
For all she had to say.

I walked a mile with Sorrow;
And ne’er a word said she;
But, oh! The things I learned from her,          
When Sorrow walked with me.”
Robert Browning Hamilton

M
#52: October 05, 2019, 04:56:17 PM
Hi Yellow, thanks for updating. Sounds like your H is making constant steps to reconnect. Glad to hear you don't worry any more about what he does or does not say. I suspect it's still early in the reconnection and that is why you are not getting some of the answers you will need. I think about this at times. If my H were to come back, I would need some answers, but I think I'm at a point where I wouldn't expect the answers right away. I think the sooner they come back, the more patient the LBS needs to be as the MLCer is still working through some of his issues. I think it's much harder if the MLCer comes back early, even though it's what most of us dreamt of.

I have been reading Heart to Heart's threads again (she reconciled). When her H came back, he was so grateful, so wanting to make it right with her, but he had been gone over 6 years so possibly he'd had enough time to reach a more mature stage. I don't think your H is coming back early, however, it's on the earlier side. He might still be processing.

Good for you for seeing it for what it is. Best of luck to you both. I, of course, wish it to work out for you both. xxx
Married 1989, together since 1984 
BD May 2014,
D25, D22, S15
OW Physical Affair same one. He and she said she turned 34 the month of BD. She turned 52 this year.

#53: October 05, 2019, 05:11:10 PM
Thank you for the update, Rose.

I don't know if your husband come back early. He may had, he may not. Time will tell.

No talk of restoration. Nothing about the 'real' issues, the hard issues. That will have to happen or there will never be a deeper relationship.

Indeed this will have to happen. Maybe your husband isn't ready for it yet. Some MLCers seem to be ready for those things faster than others.

I think the sooner they come back, the more patient the LBS needs to be as the MLCer is still working through some of his issues.

I think the sooner they come back, the more patient the LBS needs to be as the MLCer is still working through some of his issues.

Not sure if this is so. Coming back later does not seem to require less patience. It usually means there is far more issues and damage to deal with and that the person spend more years being immature.

As a general rule, MLCers do not return having worked on their issues. Replay does not tend to be the place/stage where issues are sorted.
Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together. (Marilyn Monroe)

#54: October 05, 2019, 07:01:26 PM
Milly how can I find the thread? I struggle finding my thread. 
Married 21 years
Bomb 💣 Drop O7-2014
Husband Left 09-2014
Divorce 2015
S27; D23; D20
No contact 2015-2018
She chatted all the way;
For all she had to say.

Robert Browning Hamilton

M
#55: October 07, 2019, 09:26:13 AM
It was Heart to Heart's thread. Here:
https://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=8222.0

I hope it works.
Married 1989, together since 1984 
BD May 2014,
D25, D22, S15
OW Physical Affair same one. He and she said she turned 34 the month of BD. She turned 52 this year.

A
#56: October 07, 2019, 09:41:12 AM
May I offer my experience re a similar phase we went through once upon a time?  A sample of one...

My H behaved somewhat like your H has been doing.  At the time, I wasn’t sure if he was trying to reconnect with me or not.  I realized after a while that he was trying to touch base with his pre-MLC life in general, and not necessarily attempting to reconnect with each individual in our family, FOO and friends. 

Your attitude ‘ What will be will be’ is just the thing -  enjoying each moment as they appear, and not spending your precious mental energy reading into his words and actions. 

My first thread:  https://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=8164.150

My reconnecting thread:  https://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=10524.msg699615#msg699615

Live-in MLCer

Feb 2015: BD. 
Oct 2015: ILYBINILWY.
Apr 2016: Affair discovered
Dec 2017: Seriously reconnecting

#57: October 07, 2019, 10:37:00 AM
Thanks Milly. I caught up on your thread. 

Anon so glad you chimed in.  I planned to read your threads. Husband confuses me and I suspect he's confused by me.

Update: Spent Friday evening together.  Once again a nice pleasant evening. But I was a bad bad girl.  We sat opposite each other in different chairs sharing the same footrest.  Husband is a leg man. So I made sure my legs were 'accidentally' on display taking full advantage of the opportunity.  May not be young and hot but I know how to work what I got. 

Married 21 years
Bomb 💣 Drop O7-2014
Husband Left 09-2014
Divorce 2015
S27; D23; D20
No contact 2015-2018
She chatted all the way;
For all she had to say.

Robert Browning Hamilton

A
#58: October 07, 2019, 11:38:53 AM
You mean me, Acorn, not Anon?  Don’t worry, you are not the first one to get mixed up with our names!  ;D

I can safely bet I wrote about my excitement that my H was reconnecting with ME if you read my backstory.  Yep, I was reading too much into the tea leaves.  The guy was just getting reacquainted with his pre-BD life.

I’m glad I did not pursue or pressure him at all.  You just don’t know if/when he was going to stop with all that reacquainting efforts and bail.  I left him to it and responded in kind, not a cent more. 

My first thread:  https://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=8164.150

My reconnecting thread:  https://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=10524.msg699615#msg699615

Live-in MLCer

Feb 2015: BD. 
Oct 2015: ILYBINILWY.
Apr 2016: Affair discovered
Dec 2017: Seriously reconnecting

#59: October 07, 2019, 04:26:47 PM
Sorry about that Acorn.  I'm finally at a point in my life that I'm OK with whatever happens.  I finally realize I am enough, dare I say, the perfect me. 

Husband invites himself over. My son lives with him and whenever we plan something with son, dad is here.  I ask NO questions.  Warm and inviting to my guest and that's it. 

Acorn I plan to read your thread tonight.
Married 21 years
Bomb 💣 Drop O7-2014
Husband Left 09-2014
Divorce 2015
S27; D23; D20
No contact 2015-2018
She chatted all the way;
For all she had to say.

Robert Browning Hamilton

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.