Skip to main content

Author Topic: My Story Reconnecting Sometimes Darkness Can Show You The Light

C
  • Subscriber, 12 Month
My Story Reconnecting Sometimes Darkness Can Show You The Light
#120: October 19, 2020, 10:01:24 AM
SF, glad to hear that what your doc knows so far is good news. Adding my good thoughts to those of the group. You have shown such strength navigating the challenges of the LBS journey. I hope that the surgery confirms that the disease was in an early stage and that all goes well in your recovery.

K
Sometimes Darkness Can Show You The Light
#121: October 19, 2020, 11:59:43 AM
I'm sorry to hear about this SF. Stage 1 is definitely good news but I completely understand the fears about surgery and then waiting for path.  I will keep you in my prayers.
Me 49
H 47
S13
BD 5/16
H Moved out 6/16
OW--yes. Worked for H. EA turned into PA while I was in chemo. On again/off again like every high school romance

• Mentor
  • Back to being #1 for my daughters!!!!
#122: October 19, 2020, 01:38:05 PM
Hello,

Just sending prayers your way and know you are in my thoughts.

((((((Hugs)))))) and more (((((Hugs)))))

Ready
"Always look in the mirror and love what you see."

M
Re: Sometimes Darkness Can Show You The Light
#123: October 19, 2020, 01:44:05 PM
Slow, so glad the news so far, stage 1, is good. I bet you're scared, who wouldn't be. But this initial diagnosis is good and that makes it pretty good so far. I don't want to undermine in any way what you are facing, it's huge of course, just wanting to focus on today's news because we never know what the future has in store. We learnt this at BD. Sending you hugs and support. x 
Married 1989, together since 1984 
BD May 2014,
D25, D22, S15
OW Physical Affair same one. He and she said she turned 34 the month of BD. She turned 52 this year.

• Mentor
#124: October 19, 2020, 05:09:10 PM
I'm just one more person letting you know you're in my prayers.
"I'm slowly learning to expect nothing and appreciate everything."

Together 28 years, married 27
Two adult kids, ours

BD #1: 2016 - EA
BD #2: 2018 - FA
W moved out - June 2019
OM#3 - July 2019
W asks for divorce - August 2019
Divorce final - September 2019
Card-carrying member of the Iffer Party

My thread: https://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=11537.new#new

• Mentor
#125: October 20, 2020, 02:37:16 PM
Thank you everyone. I can feel the positive energy all around. Thank you so much.  :-* :-* :-*

Surgery is scheduled for November 2nd. I'm still numb. Out of work for a month. Not the kind of vacation I really wanted!  :P
Married 18
BD April 2012
Left home Nov 2012
Home May 2016

• MLCer Type: Vanisher
Re: Sometimes Darkness Can Show You The Light
#126: October 20, 2020, 05:28:53 PM
Having a plan makes a huge difference and at least allows the spin to slow down. Give yourself a lot of slack- it takes 6 weeks to fully rebound just from anesthesia. I dearly hope your h is coming to the fore to take over a lot of responsibilities and is offering emotional support- rather than being more scared for himself than for you. Sending warm fuzzy thoughts your way, FTT
me 51
H 51
M 27
BD 1/15/ 10 then BD 8/21/10
D final 8/13

• Mentor
#127: October 21, 2020, 08:08:17 AM
Thank you FTT.

H is stepping up. He will be here for the first week to take care of things. Then I have a wonderful son and some friends who will go from there.  I feel bad that I won't be able to visit my Mom for a bit. We will have to try zoom visits, but those haven't always been successful with her lately. She sets the device down and wanders off!  ::)

I think God is telling me in no uncertain terms to slow down. I've been trying to do everything for everyone.......nothing like a slap upside the head to get your attention! ;D ;)
Married 18
BD April 2012
Left home Nov 2012
Home May 2016

s
#128: October 21, 2020, 07:46:37 PM
Sending you good thoughts. 
BD: 1/1/16
Together 15 years - married 7 years
His divorce final 7/26/16
Married the OW

After all, tomorrow is another day.

• Mentor
#129: October 24, 2020, 04:32:47 PM
Adding you to my daily prayer list SF
M-42
H-44
S-20 (mine)
D-18 (ours)
S-15 (ours)
Friends 7y before M
Married 14y
BD 12/14/15 - 2 weeks after 14th anniv.
Divorce final 4/13/16
EA - 9/15-4/16
New GF 12/16
Engaged 6/17 (I found out 8/10/17)
Moved to her State 4 States away - 7/13/17 (told me 4 days before)
Eng. off 8/20/17
Moved back to our State 8/24/17
New GF 2/29/20 (Told me 4/22/20)
Married her 4/24/20 (Told me 4/22/20)

Link to my journey: 
https://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=11618.0

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass - it's about learning to dance in the rain."

"Don't become a container for bitterness.  It's a toxin that destroys what it's carried in."

"Sometimes - some things have to break apart so better things can be built."

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.