Author Topic: My Story Reconnecting Sometimes Darkness Can Show You The Light  (Read 3464 times)

Offline LearningIamOk

My Story Reconnecting Re: Sometimes Darkness Can Show You The Light
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2019, 10:43:17 AM »
That was a great, facts only, unemotional letter. I hope it hits the mark.
trying2bok

Offline forthetrees

• MLCer Type: Vanisher
Re: Sometimes Darkness Can Show You The Light
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2019, 11:33:12 AM »
By law the school MUST intervene but only if put on notice. Please be explicit in putting them on notice otherwise they and the bully are off the hook. If your son has text messages that show a pattern, please save and print them out. If the situation is left that your son is the source of the situation, imagine the damage of internalizing that brings. Even if he meets the criteria for a depression diagnosis, it makes the bully┬┤s actions even worse- targeting a vulnerable person fighting a mental health issue.

The school needs to do its part in addressing what has already happened and make school a safe place for next year.
me 51
H 51
M 27
BD 1/15/ 10 then BD 8/21/10
D final 8/13

Offline in it

« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2019, 11:54:29 AM »
Yep go right after the school. I was there quite a few times about my girls. I was also bullied in school and I was not going to put up with it happening to them. From anybody.

True story. They had a program they call DARE for the 6th graders some of you may have heard of it. It's a class that lasts maybe 6 to 8 weeks. Drug and alcohol awareness. A County Sheriff usually teaches it.

About 3 weeks into the program my oldest is crying she doesn't want to go to school because of the DARE class. I asked her what was wrong. She said the Sheriff had threatened that if the kids didn't do their DARE homework she was coming to their house and taking them away to foster care. :o >:( >:( >:(

If you don't think I wasn't TOTALLY livid over that. I contacted the principal and the superintendent and we all had a meeting with this sheriff. And I'm sure most of the school could hear me. I reamed her a new one.

Then I pulled my daughter out of DARE and she spent that class period in the library.

What kind of an idiot says that to a kid?
Do not put up with one ounce of crap from the school or anyone when it comes to your own child.
There are two ways of spreading light:
Be the candle; or the mirror that reflects it

Don't ask why someone is still hurting you; ask why you keep letting them.

At some point you have to get sick of going through the same sh!t.

Women are NOT rehabilitation centers for badly raised men. It is not your job to fix ,parent, raise or change him.
You want a partner not a project.

Offline Slow FadeTopic starterTopic starter

« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2019, 11:58:02 AM »
That was a great, facts only, unemotional letter. I hope it hits the mark.
   Thank you. Gee, where do you think I learned how to do that!!!!   ;) ;) ;) ;D

FTT, I think we did put the school on notice. I mentioned names and told them about the bullying and they know about the suicidal idealizations. I will get the texts copied out from my son for the file.

I have to say that the principal was very gracious and had no problem working with us regarding these last few days. He said obviously S16's health was more important than school. The reason I sent that email was because he only mentioned depression and not the bullying. Now its on record.

Lord, S16 survived all that crap with his Dad and it ends up that one of his friends takes him down that dark path? Ugh.  :P
Married 18
BD April 2012
Left home Nov 2012
Home May 2016

Offline Slow FadeTopic starterTopic starter

« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2019, 11:59:47 AM »
In It, that is horrible! I would have done the same thing!

Mamma Bears are a force to be reckoned with for sure! Especially LBS Mamma Bears!  ;)
Married 18
BD April 2012
Left home Nov 2012
Home May 2016

Offline in it

« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2019, 12:04:45 PM »
Yeah that was way before BD and then I had a go around with a teachers aid that was bullying her in First grade!
Reamed her a new one too.
I just had to keep reminding myself I didn't look good in an orange jumpsuit or stripes!
I was there quite a few times.

In regards to your son: Friends shouldn't be the ones who do that. Your son needs some time away from that environment.

Women are NOT rehabilitation centers for badly raised men. It is not your job to fix ,parent, raise or change him.

Offline LearningIamOk

« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2019, 03:33:37 PM »
Yup, leave my kids alone! I was a great mama bear also. Many go-a-rounds with the schools with the kids. I was told by my D35's 5th grade teacher that there was nothing she could do about the bullying and it was sexual in nature. Of course, xH was no help.  ::)  It was all left up to me to be the bad guy.

I agree with FTT, document everything.
trying2bok

Offline in it

« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2019, 03:47:24 PM »
Fortunately for me I don't mind a bit playing the bad guy .I didn't look at it that way.
In fact I told them they would rather deal with me than the ex

Offline LearningIamOk

« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2019, 04:07:06 PM »
LOL! In It. My xH always treated me like I was the mean one. Looking back, I can remember times he egged me on to be combative and he just sat in the background. He really is a wuss.
trying2bok

Offline in it

« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2019, 05:39:05 PM »
Yep cowards the lot of them.
Looking for any kind of reaction. And just keep upping the ante.
You start winning when you stop playing games.

Fell for that many times myself Learning.. Could care less what anybody thinks of me anymore.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.