Skip to main content

Author Topic: My Story New chapter.....hope of living, breathing & healing despite never ending MLC

B
Thanks for letting us know, BS. I was thinking about you this morning.
Glad to hear how it went and not surprised at all.

Might I humbly suggest though that a) don't borrow trouble as my gran used to say but breathe out until the end of May, enjoy your girls and feel proud that you did what was necessary to protect them in these difficult times and b) use the time to see if you can find a way to break the habit of fearing what he will do in the future.....it's a common and understandable after effect of surviving abuse, but in a funny way it lets him exercise a kind of control without even being there? Maybe something silly even liking a big jar marked FN (f**kwit nonsense) that you throw small change in towards the legal bill lol. Anything really that makes him seem small and you feel big....

You definitely have a point Treasur. The abuse does make you fearful.  I don’t think I fear him as much as I did as there’s really not much else he can do to me that he hasn’t done already. Now it’s the disturbance of my peace that I fear and fear the possibility that this conflict will never end. I just want some normality and conflict free communication. I know nearly 3 years is nothing in MLC terms but I’m  starting to realise that this could carry on forever. Just working so hard to rebuild and when he comes back to disturb my peace I feel like I take steps backwards. Need to become fearless and not wait for the other shoe to fall all the time. I like the jar idea for sure 😀

B
You know. I was half suspecting your H would tell the judge you made Coronavirus, infected the world just to stop him seeing the kids 😂

I am honestly in awe of how strong you came across and handled the BS that was thrown your way! I give you the biggest of big virtual hugs

Sachat...so true about making the Coronavirus up. My bff said the same thing lol.

The one thing being in court sooo many times has given me is strength to deal with all the legal stuff.

s
It’s unfortunate but I guess practice makes perfect. Atleast there are silver linings to the clouds. So to speak.
Me - 28
H - 35
3 children together D3 D6 D8 (D1 D4 and D6 at the time of BD)
Together - almost 8 years

BD & MLCer moved out - November 2017
OW discovered - December 2017
Moved in with Ow - November 2019
Ow met children - December 2019

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.