Skip to main content

Author Topic: My Story Building a better boat

S
My Story Re: Building a better boat
#30: October 14, 2019, 03:24:36 AM
I love that pole barn Still, it's been part of my life for years.  I have a picture of it in my head, along with all the stories of your H coming to 'pick it up'.

Keep posting Still, we all love to hear updates and I would miss you if you weren't here :'(
"And when they ask you about me and you find yourself thinking back on all of our memories,
I hope you ache in regret as the truth hits you like a bullet and you find yourself replying: ""She loved me more than anyone else in the entire world and I tried to destroy her."  He failed by the way. 
http://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=8412(Denjef's thread)

W
Re: Building a better boat
#31: October 14, 2019, 05:05:09 AM
I had to look up pole barn Stillbaffled.  ::) It looks like you put it to good use. Congrats.

M
#32: October 14, 2019, 06:05:19 AM
Still, great to hear your update. I share the small town woes, but am glad you are able to avoid both of them without compromises. You sound amazing and you have been a great support. Love how you turned the pole barn into a profit-making venture. Six pontoons, boats, and multiple RVs....  It must be huge. Would love to see a picture!
BD and moved out 9/2017
M 30 years at BD, together 34

K
#33: October 16, 2019, 04:32:10 PM
Well, that is one of the best ways to take a pigs ear and turn it into a silk purse that I have ever seen...

Exactly what I was thinking....well maybe not in such a colorful way. ;)  But I love it that you have made use of that old pole barn. You are the poster child for LBS survive and thrive. Go get em!
Me 49
H 47
S13
BD 5/16
H Moved out 6/16
OW--yes. Worked for H. EA turned into PA while I was in chemo. On again/off again like every high school romance

#34: November 24, 2019, 09:50:02 PM
Great update SB.  I'm glad that the Pole Barn is being put to good use!
M-41
H-43
S-19 (mine)
D-17 (ours)
S-15 (ours)
Friends 7y before M
Married 14y
BD 12/14/15 - 2 weeks after 14th anniv.
Divorce final 4/13/16
EA - 9/15-4/16
New GF 12/16
Engaged 6/17 (I found out 8/10/17)
Moved to her State 4 States away - 7/13/17 (told me 4 days before)
Eng. off 8/20/17
Moved back to our State 8/24/17
New GF 2/29/20 (Told me 4/22/20)
Marrying her 4/24/20 (Told me 4/22/20)

Link to my journey: 
https://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=11404.0

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass - it's about learning to dance in the rain."

"Don't become a container for bitterness.  It's a toxin that destroys what it's carried in."

"Sometimes - some things have to break apart so better things can be built."

F
#35: November 27, 2019, 02:26:25 PM
Great updates and I love that you were able to put that infamous pole barn to good use!! I applaud your strength and resilience. You have been an inspiration to me from the start!
M 48
H 41
No Kids
Married 5yrs, Together 11yrs
BD Oct 31/17
ILYBINILWY Dec 21/17
2nd BD- Dec 27/17
OW-Confirmed Jan 3/18

Isaiah 43:1 " But the Lord says.. Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. "

"It's ok to be scared. Being scared means you're about to do something really, really brave." Anonymous

T
#36: November 27, 2019, 07:54:41 PM
SB, I am so glad to bear that you are making money of that pole barn !! And you sound so awesome. I hope I can get to where you are someday. I have come a long way but I still feel like throat punching some peops!

Keep killing it, girl :)

#37: November 29, 2019, 07:44:54 AM
SB,

Just checking in on you.  Did you get much snow up there?
We got about 10 inches, more coming with this other storm on it's way.

Hope you were able to get around and had a nice Thanksgiving with family.

Hugs
A quote from a recovered MLCer: 
"From my experience if my H had let me go a long time ago, and stop pressuring me, begging, and pleading and just let go I possibly would have experienced my awakening sooner than I did."

s
#38: November 29, 2019, 07:30:34 PM
Hey Thunder! 

I think I'm about to be buried in snow in the next 24 hours.  We're expecting 15 inches by noon on Sunday.  We got 3-4 when you got the 10 earlier this week. 

The boys made it up here later on Thursday from your area and already headed back tonight (Friday) to beat the next round moving in so it was a shorter visit than they had planned.   It was so nice to have them here, even if it was a brief visit. 

We did our annual tradition of gingerbread house making today (a cousin tradition of 25 plus years, give or take a few that we've missed over the years) and I just posted a photo on FB of the latest creations.  The group has grown with the 5 kids (2 are mine and 3 are my brother's) now each having significant others/spouses and six little ones, with the seventh arriving in January.  It's a lovely tradition and I hope that our kids will continue it after I'm gone. 

It's time like these that make me know for sure that my runaway completely lost it and is deep, deep in an abyss somewhere.  What he gave up and lost for what he got is just plain crazy and baffling.  I'll soon be wrapping up four years since BD and it doesn't make any more sense to me now than it did then.  In fact, it makes even less sense now.  Back at BD time I almost convinced myself that I was the reason he left.  Thankfully, at some point, I came to the accurate conclusion that it wasn't about me.   

Thanks to all who dropped by and left a greeting after my latest update about the pole barn and my little RV/boat/pontoon storage side business!  By Sunday those toys will be safe and sound from break-ins and thieves.  The bad guys will have to have some serious snow removal equipment to get to the storage shed! 

BD: 1/1/16
Together 15 years - married 7 years
His divorce final 7/26/16
Married the OW

After all, tomorrow is another day.

#39: November 29, 2019, 11:26:02 PM
Stay warm SB!

We are getting some snow too but much more in the higher elevations and definitely more in the Eastern part of the State.  Road closures and wrecks were the theme of the day with lots of people I know getting stuck trying to come home.
M-41
H-43
S-19 (mine)
D-17 (ours)
S-15 (ours)
Friends 7y before M
Married 14y
BD 12/14/15 - 2 weeks after 14th anniv.
Divorce final 4/13/16
EA - 9/15-4/16
New GF 12/16
Engaged 6/17 (I found out 8/10/17)
Moved to her State 4 States away - 7/13/17 (told me 4 days before)
Eng. off 8/20/17
Moved back to our State 8/24/17
New GF 2/29/20 (Told me 4/22/20)
Marrying her 4/24/20 (Told me 4/22/20)

Link to my journey: 
https://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=11404.0

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass - it's about learning to dance in the rain."

"Don't become a container for bitterness.  It's a toxin that destroys what it's carried in."

"Sometimes - some things have to break apart so better things can be built."

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.