Author Topic: My Story Goodbye from MyBrainIsBroken  (Read 2434 times)

Offline Thunder

My Story Re: Goodbye from MyBrainIsBroken
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2019, 08:30:34 AM »
Dissociative identity disorder
A quote from a recovered MLCer: 
"From my experience if my H had let me go a long time ago, and stop pressuring me, begging, and pleading and just let go I possibly would have experienced my awakening sooner than I did."

Offline seahorse

Re: Goodbye from MyBrainIsBroken
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2019, 08:35:27 AM »
Brain -
Best of luck to you.
I'm sure nobody meant you ill-feelings.
Different countries, different languages, different personalities...

I hope that the new site brings you much enlightenment.
Your insight here was so much for so many.

Hugs,
Sea
Seahorses have one mate for life...

Offline stillbaffled

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2019, 09:29:47 AM »
MBIB - you were one of the first people I "met" here when I joined.  We've discussed MLC as well as running, ice cream, bats (the flying kind) and EMS! 

I hope that you'll find what you are looking for in another forum and also hope that you'll drop back in here in the future with an update. 

My best to you. 
BD: 1/1/16
Together 15 years - married 7 years
His divorce final 7/26/16
Married the OW

After all, tomorrow is another day.

Offline serenity

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2019, 12:19:47 PM »
Hello MB

I’m so sorry to see that you’re leaving. There are some posters on THS I would be glad to see leave but you are not one of them!

I haven’t been posting so much because of all the arguments and nastiness lately. It’s very disheartening to read!

Please pop back to let us know how you are and what you’re doing.

I pray your wife finds her way home to you very soon

Hugs

X

Offline Shockandawe

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2019, 02:01:20 PM »
MBIB

My sister and I thank you for the pleasure of interacting with you and your support. As we have discovered there are certain people on here that seem to be of the attitude if it’s not how I see it then I will go on and on until I drive you away.
You do what you have to and it was lovely to have your understanding and support.

Shock and Shocks sis

God bless you

Offline Jay78

« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2019, 03:21:22 PM »
So sorry,

I wish you would not go.
Your thoughts are alot like mines, there's more to just MLC I also done my research and as much I believe in MLC there's more to this crisis. We all have our opinions but I also understand what your saying when we can't even Vent in a forum we stop writing our feelings because we are getting judge. I hope you get some time to think this over before just stopping because you have help so many of us who still lost and confused.  Best of luck in anything you do. Just know I am still here following along.
At BD
Lesbian marriage
Me39,W36
S9,D9,S8 adopted all three
Together almost 10yrs
Bomb Drop - April 2017
W movedout - May,2017
OW  May orJune,2017 maybe even longer
Currently 2018
Me40, W38
S10,D10,S9

Online PJ Will Be OK

• MLCer Type: Low-Energy
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2019, 03:56:46 PM »
Godspeed, Brain.

Thanks for all of your contributions to the board and best wishes for you and your W.
"I'm slowly learning to expect nothing and appreciate everything."

Together 28 years, married 27
Two adult kids, ours

BD #1: 2016 - EA
BD #2: 2018 - FA
W moved out - June 2019
OM#3 - July 2019
W asks for divorce - August 2019
Divorce final - September 2019
Card-carrying member of the Iffer Party

My thread: https://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=11093.0;topicseen

Offline FaithWalker

« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2019, 10:24:24 PM »
I will miss you.  Check in from time to time if it's not destructive to your healing.  I hope that other forum gives you some answers.  (((HUGS)))
M-41
H-43
S-19
D-17
S-14
Friends 7y before M
Married 14y
BD 12/14/15 - 2 weeks after 14th anniv.
Divorce final 4/13/16
EA - 9/15-4/16
New GF 12/16
Engaged 6/17 (I found out 8/10/17)
Moved to her State 4 States away - 7/13/17
Eng. off 8/20/17
Moved back to our State 8/24/17
Has several dating profiles on POF and another but no major signs of anything new.

Link to my journey: 
https://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=10630.new#new

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass - it's about learning to dance in the rain."

"Don't become a container for bitterness.  It's a toxin that destroys what it's carried in."

"Sometimes - some things have to break apart so better things can be built."

"If we don't take time to heal, we will bleed on people who didn't cut us."

Offline MyBrainIsBrokenTopic starterTopic starter

« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2019, 10:28:19 AM »
I'm afraid that, much like a bad penny, I'm back. I was going to explain why I decided to return to the forum but now I'm not sure. Something I need to think about.

I wrote the following in response to some comments on the Links to Articles thread, then decided to post it here instead. If you want more context for my comments you'll have to review the Links to Articles thread. I'm sorry if this is a little bit confusing but it seems that my opinions and experiences are controversial so I'm trying to make it easy for people who don't like hearing what I have to say to avoid reading my posts.

Apparently there is a school of neuroscience looking at the relationship between developmental trauma, the brain and psychotherapy.

Great links Treasur. Dr. Daniel Siegel, one of the pioneers in the field, is one of my first trauma therapist's mentors. He wrote the book The Developing Mind which is a great book for anyone interested in interpersonal neurobiology, especially the effect early childhood relationships have on the developing brain.

Happy people don't feel the need to say things like that.

I wonder what being happy has to do with anything. The truth is that I'm not happy. In fact I'm easily annoyed. I've been in crisis since 2010. My wife has been in crisis since 2014. I've been seriously depressed and suicidal since 2015. Do my opinions and experiences not count because I'm not happy? If anyone tells you they've been going through a crisis and they're happy I wouldn't believe them.

Such a pity. I was reading this with great interest until the last couple of paragraphs from Brain. And wondered whether this
was his 6 yr old child posting.

I spoke with my 6 year old part. I told her she isn't welcome on here, that this is a forum for grownups, but I can't promise that she will stay away. Some of the things people write on here trigger my parts and I can't control them when they've been triggered.

On this other thread I was accused of being superior, dismissive, and unkind because I wrote that I have blocked Anjae's posts because I don't find anything worthwhile in them. I didn't say anything bad about Anjae herself, just that I don't find her posts worthwhile, but in response to my post I was told by someone else that I sound superior, dismissive, and unkind which I thought was rather unkind of the person who made the comment. I don't mind being told that I write bad posts but do you have to accuse me of being a bad person?

This is pretty ironic. People in RL think I'm a very nice guy. Perhaps I should keep the mask on when I post on here instead of revealing the truth about what it's like to be in crisis. But if I do that, what's the point in posting? I've spent my whole life making people happy by telling them what they want to hear but I'm starting to believe it may not be my job to make everybody else happy. Something I'll have to think about.

So tell me, is it my fault if I write or say something without malice and somebody chooses to be offended by what I wrote or said? Communicating with people is hard unless you tell them what they want to hear. People can be really mean (that's my 6 year old part talking). And scary (that's my 4 year old parts contribution).

Offline Nerissa

« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2019, 10:34:34 AM »
I didn’t read any malice in your post Brain.  I find your information about trauma very interesting.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.