Author Topic: My Story They just don't understand 3  (Read 1323 times)

Offline Stand TallTopic starter

My Story They just don't understand 3
« on: July 28, 2019, 09:42:22 AM »
Can someone link my page, please and Thank you

Previous Thread: https://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=10617 - UM
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 12:59:21 AM by UrsaMajor »
When the power of love overcomes the love of power there will be peace.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to dance in the Rain

Be a pineapple; Stand tall. Wear a crown. Be sweet on the Inside.

Re: They just don't understand 3
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2019, 06:34:32 PM »
Thank you UM  ;D

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to dance in the Rain

Online UrsaMajor

• Live like they are never coming back
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2019, 02:51:30 AM »
Thank you UM  ;D

<snort>

You are welcome...
Me - 56
STBXW - 49
Together 19 years - Married 17 at separation
S - 12
D - 8
2 Dogs (1 each)
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015
House sold & separated - Mar 2016
Divorce final 30 August 2019

Survival Instructions for Newbies
Site Map

A "friend" will not "stand by you" no matter what you do. That is NOT a friend. That is an enabler. That is an accomplice.
A REAL friend will sit you down and tell you to your face to stop being a firetrucking idiot before you ruin your life and the lives of those around you.

Offline Mortesbride

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2019, 04:12:14 AM »
Um has like 5 jobs now.
You know this is MLC when you have played emotional hot potato with a pair of crotch-less tights.

Online UrsaMajor

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2019, 05:22:55 AM »
Um has like 5 jobs now.

I just lost one..... I used to have a 10-15 second blurb on a local radio station (Pop/Rock) every weekday morning but, after 2 years, they decided to end it (which is JUST fine for me too). I never expected the gag to run more than a couple of weeks, let alone 2 YEARS!

So now I am down to four... BUT I will go back to school in September in a Certificate program that runs for 4 years....
Me - 56
STBXW - 49
S - 12
D - 8
2 Dogs (1 each)
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015

Site Map

A "friend" will not "stand by you" no matter what you do. That is NOT a friend. That is an enabler. That is an accomplice.
A REAL friend will sit you down and tell you to your face to stop being a firetrucking idiot before you ruin your life and the lives of those around you.

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2019, 02:24:56 PM »
Um, did I say thank you.  ;D

Online UrsaMajor

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2019, 01:17:06 AM »
Um, did I say thank you.  ;D

Yep!  That is how the whole discussion about my myriad jobs started.... all beginning with a GIF...
Me - 56
STBXW - 49
S - 12
D - 8
2 Dogs (1 each)
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015

Site Map

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2019, 06:15:39 PM »
  I've been doing a lot of reading on HS for the past few weeks. I have nothing really to add to my story at this time. H has been real quiet. I do have a question to ask about though.

The no contact, dim contact or contact, I've read about these and in my situation I don't contact him, but I do answer when he emails me. The only way for me to contact is by email. There are times that I have wanted to email him and ask a question about our car, but I don't because I've read to just leave him be. I know that I can figure things out with the car and take it in and have it serviced or repaired without a problem, but H is a mechanic and I have wanted to just get advice to make sure I'm not getting ripped off when I go to a shop.

My question is do I just email him and talk like normal or should I just leave him be and handle things the best I can? What is the answer to contact? H has never monstered at me. He has monstered to other people about me though. Can someone give me advice on this please?

Thank you
-Stand

Online megogirl

• Subscriber, 6 Month
  • "You must do the thing you think you can not do."
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2019, 06:43:54 PM »
My opinion is that only because he is a MECHANIC, it's perfectly fine to do so.  You are only seeking a business-like answer.

Otherwise, *no way*, because it would be seen as nagging/pressure.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2019, 06:45:10 PM by megogirl »

Offline Not Your Monkey

• MLCer Type: Clinging Boomerang
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2019, 07:20:00 PM »
My question is do I just email him and talk like normal or should I just leave him be and handle things the best I can?

My question is why do you need someone else's advice on what to do? This is not a life altering decision.
Beware "MLCers" telling lies.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.