Author Topic: My Story jazzy03's story  (Read 598 times)

Offline jazzy03Topic starterTopic starter

• Trial Subscriber
My Story Re: jazzy03's story
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2019, 06:58:50 PM »
I recently went on vacation by myself and got back on Thursday. I went to San Diego and enjoyed the sun. The last day was hard because I talked to my attorney. For some reason, the emotions came over me. It was nothing in particular. I just didn't want to deal with legal stuff on vacation. I cried in my hotel room before I headed to the airport.

While I was at the airport, I made the decision to call my h and arrange a meeting to ask about meeting up this weekend. We agreed in a previous email to sit down and talk about how to move forward. It was a risk and I wasn't expecting anything. It was more to help heal me and move forward.

We met this morning. He still didn't look great, but he was very attentive and we talked for an hour. He actually apologized for being hurtful a few weeks ago with the divorce papers. I accepted his apology. He finally acknowledged how depressed he was over the last few years and talked about going to therapy. He said he wished things were different, and I agreed. He wasn't upset about me getting an attorney. He talked about how much he cared about me  - wanting what is best for me, him, and the dogs. We got into about how we struggled to communicate and expressing our needs. The biggest thing we talked about was the death of my mom and acknowledging that. We never talked about that day since it happened (this was a year and half ago). We both really shut down after that and admitted how much we hurt each other. We hugged and kissed each other on the cheek. I wasn't expecting so much to come out of this conversation. We went on with our days. He's going to Europe next week. Who knows what will happen next, but I have no expectations going forward. I don't hurt as bad today as I did yesterday.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.