Author Topic: My Story Insert Clever Title here....  (Read 3378 times)

Offline Evermore

My Story Re: Insert Clever Title here....
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2019, 03:40:55 PM »
Happy birthday! I hope your day is lovely. Xx
M: 49
H: 51
Married 20yrs, together 23yrs
D: 20
D: 18
BD (that I didn't recognise as such) Easter 2018
BD 9th Sep 2018
OW (45) - he met her in the pub a week before BD, told me about her a week after BD. Thinks 'their planets have collided' because 'their eyes met across the room' and they had an 'instant connection'. Lives with her. Is building a life with her.

Offline Thunder

Re: Insert Clever Title here....
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2019, 05:03:22 PM »
Happy Birthday, S.

{{Big Hug sweetie}}
A quote from a recovered MLCer: 
"From my experience if my H had let me go a long time ago, and stop pressuring me, begging, and pleading and just let go I possibly would have experienced my awakening sooner than I did."

Offline rubyhearted

• The journey is mine.
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2019, 06:38:08 PM »
Attaching.

It is so helpful to me to have all of you remind me that I am not crazy and that we can rollercoaster. I am on the rollercoaster again. Never a fan. As we age I am convinced that the whipiness can cause concussions. Beware.

Allowing them to affect us and our emotions gives them power that they do not deserve. NC seems to be the only way to take that power in any way. Yet even when we go NC we still give them power because there are too many shadows of them.
"Forgiveness liberates the soul. It removes fear. That is why it is such a powerful weapon." Nelson Mandela

"Where are my dragons?!" Daenerys Targaryen

Online UrsaMajor

• Live like they are never coming back
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2019, 01:00:36 AM »
So, it’s my birthday today and I’ve decided that my gift to myself will be to not check my email to see if he sent anything. I shall enjoy this day in peace with no monkey braining and no tears.
My mom sent me a German magazine and German Gummies and i shall sit by the lake enjoying the sun and life. I have a good life and many blessings including all of you on here.

Haribo macht Kinder fröh und Erwaschene ebenso....

Did you get Haribo Gummibears?

Happy Birthday (belated) Schratz!
Me - 56
xW - 49
Together 19 years - Married 17 at separation
S - 12
D - 8
2 Dogs (1 each)
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015
House sold & separated - Mar 2016
Divorce final 30 August 2019

Survival Instructions for Newbies
Site Map

A "friend" will not "stand by you" no matter what you do. That is NOT a friend. That is an enabler. That is an accomplice.
A REAL friend will sit you down and tell you to your face to stop being a firetrucking idiot before you ruin your life and the lives of those around you.

Offline Schratz66Topic starterTopic starter

« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2019, 05:42:15 AM »
Thank you all for the birthday wishes
Ursa - of course it was Haribo - are there any other real Gummies :)

Had a lovely peaceful day reading at the lake and enjoying the sun an nature and it was really nice.
Unfortunately I had to check my emails in the evening to make sure there was no work crisis that needed attending, and there it was....a generic Happy Birthday schratz - enjoy your day.

I know I should be grateful he remembered since he can't remember anybody else's birthday
I know I should be grateful he contacted at all
But damn those monkeys in that brain of mine and damn those pesky expectations that are still lurking in the subconscious
Birthday tears were flowing, but not a true sob fest, just a few tears on 
Thankfully I contained the urge to reply with a "You do know that I am still head over heels in love with you, don't you ?" and just went with the standard "Thank you".

And needless to say the rest of the evening was pent in the rabbit hole of self pity and sad and missing him and How the hell did we end up like this.

But, today is a new day - I will not be the kind to throw myself at him. On another thread I just read that they make it out of MLC they come back looking for the woman that they fell in love with to begin with and so I need to stay true to myself by keeping my head up, letting him be and being calm and graceful about it all. I need to contain my crazy to my own house and bless my cat for having to see it, but thankfully he can't speak to alert the authorities on just how crazy his human is :)

Me 53
H 51
AD 22 from previous R
Known H since 1993
Together since 2000
BD 06/21/2017
OW High School Sweetheart lives 4 hrs away

Offline Mortesbride

« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2019, 06:25:37 AM »
Sorry you ended up crying on your birthday but happy you spent most of it in peace.  :)
You know this is MLC when you have played emotional hot potato with a pair of crotch-less tights.

Online Treasur

« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2019, 07:22:14 AM »
I've often felt grateful that cats DON'T have some kind of emergency 'report your substandard human' phone line lol
T: 18  M: 12 (at BD) No kids.
H diagnosed with severe depression Oct 15. BD May 16. OW since April 16, maybe earlier. Silent vanisher mostly.
Divorced April 18. XH married ow 6 weeks later.
Healing and growing found here https://littleplotbythesea.wordpress.com

"Option A is not available so I need to kick the s**t out of Option B" Sheryl Sandberg

Offline Father5

• Trial Subscriber
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2019, 02:38:00 PM »
Happy B-Day 66

My B-day was the 19th and I did the same as you. My wife came over unannounced and brought the kids with some cupcakes and a gift. I wasn't home so she sent me a text.In it she said she came by and wished me a happy birthday. Mind you we haven't  talked except for the kids and expenses in a year or so. Served me papers last week asking for everything under the sun. But hey we can still be friends right ?;)

My mind was a big Firetruck you !But I ate the cupcakes ! LOL She then proceeds to go outside and wave goodbye to me every time I drop the kids off now.
Together 12 yrs Married 5
5 kids 3- Step (21) (20) (18) Two together ( 8 ) (9)
BD1 March 2018 - I wish I could give you more of what you need
BD2 Aug 2018 - I want a divorce sent by text ILWYBNILWY

O/M Discovered Nov-18

Offline Music45

« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2019, 11:17:38 PM »
Belated Happy Birthday Schratz.
I'm sorry you had tears but it's so good to read you bouncing up again. Here's to more of that and nobody inventing anything so that pets can talk!

Me: 51
H: 51
Adult S & D
BD: April 2016
Many false returns.
Effectively moved out Nov 2017 [works away from home. Home occasional weekends]
Moved out full time: July 2018 after he renewed contact with OW.
OW: old school friend lives 200+ miles away.

Offline Maleficent

« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2019, 03:24:33 PM »
Happy birthday week, Schratz!!
BD and moved out 9/2017
M 30 years at BD, together 34

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.