Author Topic: My Story My former spouse just said "he's happy"  (Read 4115 times)

Offline Milly

My Story Re: My former spouse just said "he's happy"
« Reply #90 on: November 11, 2019, 02:50:22 PM »
3boys, my advice would be to let your boys decide and tell their dad directly. Of course, they should inform you, but let them deal with it.
Married 1989, together since 1984 
BD May 2014,
D25, D22, S15
OW Physical Affair same one. He and she said she turned 34 the month of BD. She turned 52 this year.

Offline 3Boys4MeTopic starterTopic starter

Re: My former spouse just said "he's happy"
« Reply #91 on: November 11, 2019, 03:21:58 PM »
This morning I let the boys know their dad contacted. S14 did not want to see him. S15 wanted a haircut and he wanted the ride only because he would get home earlier if he had a direct ride (rink is about 2.5 hour drive each way) and tomorrow is a school day. The boys replied directly to their dad and I stayed out of it. I’m annoyed as hell because I really needed him to parent this weekend, but it’s not about me, so I just let it be. Progress.
BD End of April 2017
Moved out - kind of, May 2017
Denied affair
Cycled hard April - Oct 2017, my son figured out affair, I confronted husband, we were going away as a family for the weekend - H monsters hard and files for a D end of Oct, 2017
D final Sept 2018
Many touch and goes
He lives in monster, kids haven’t been with him overnight since Jan 2019
Moved in with MOW, a former friend of mine, May 2019

Offline Seahorse

« Reply #92 on: November 11, 2019, 03:59:41 PM »
3Boys -
Although you didn't get complete parenting (at least H took S to game), you did teach the boys to be responsible, and shut down being in the middle.
GREAT step!
It will do you well in the future.

Sea
Seahorses have one mate for life...

Online Treasur

« Reply #93 on: November 11, 2019, 10:45:51 PM »
Win for you and your boys, 3....you all got to choose and stick to boundaries that work for you...well done  :)
T: 18  M: 12 (at BD) No kids.
H diagnosed with severe depression Oct 15. BD May 16. OW since April 16, maybe earlier. Silent vanisher mostly.
Divorced April 18. XH married ow 6 weeks later.
Healing and growing found here https://littleplotbythesea.wordpress.com

"Option A is not available so I need to kick the s**t out of Option B" Sheryl Sandberg

Offline ember

« Reply #94 on: November 12, 2019, 07:56:03 PM »
Good job letting your boys take control. It gets easier as it goes along. For me, my exH simply texted the kids and kept me out of it which was great for my staying dark. It is just one more step towards your H realizing that you aren't playing his games anymore.

Keep up the good work.

« Reply #95 on: November 12, 2019, 09:00:09 PM »
Thanks for the support all.

He’s now contacted two more times today on separate issues - the first one, I didn’t reply to, there is no need, he can figure out the answer. The second contact was related to coordinating something with S14, I simply answered I am unavailable x, i will have S15 call you this day at x. Since my truth darts, he has reached out almost every day and I have only replied once. I still feel like crap, but going as dark as possible should hopefully help.

BD End of April 2017
Denied affair
Cycled hard April - Oct 2017, my son figured out affair, I confronted husband, we were going away as a family for the weekend - H monsters hard and files for a D end of Oct, 2017
D final Sept 2018
Many touch and goes

Offline UrsaMajor

• Live like they are never coming back
« Reply #96 on: November 13, 2019, 12:42:34 AM »
If I look into my magic crystal ball and look into your future, I see....

I see.....

I see H contacting you more and more because he feels the distance and wants to keep you riding the Rollercoaster with him. He'll start getting nervous now that he feels you withdrawing more and more and dropping the rope. He needs you to be responsible for his actions and the fact that you are putting the burden back on him (where it belongs) is causing him distress because Mid-Lifers can NOT be responsible for their actions - they HAVE to blame someone else or circumstances or whatever.

He seems to be playing the Pursuit-and-distance game now and is ramping up the contact in order to chase you.

Dark is a good thing for him to experience, let alone for you to begin to heal and get off the Roller Coaster....... He wants someone else in his life? Then that means he doesn't get YOU in his life, doesn't get you solving his issues with his sons, nothing...
« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 12:45:43 AM by UrsaMajor »
Me - 56
xW - 49
Together 19 years - Married 17 at separation
S - 12
D - 8
2 Dogs (1 each)
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015
House sold & separated - Mar 2016
Divorce final 30 August 2019

Survival Instructions for Newbies
Site Map

A "friend" will not "stand by you" no matter what you do. That is NOT a friend. That is an enabler. That is an accomplice.
A REAL friend will sit you down and tell you to your face to stop being a firetrucking idiot before you ruin your life and the lives of those around you.

Online Treasur

« Reply #97 on: November 13, 2019, 12:50:46 AM »
Great response, 3boys. And the more you do it, the easier and more natural it will become like any new habit. I'm sure UM is right - he is a wise experienced bear - but fight the temptation to monkey brain about what your xh may be thinking. After all, you are now his xw by his choice and the job description is rather shorter isn't it lol?
T: 18  M: 12 (at BD) No kids.
H diagnosed with severe depression Oct 15. BD May 16. OW since April 16, maybe earlier. Silent vanisher mostly.
Divorced April 18. XH married ow 6 weeks later.
Healing and growing found here https://littleplotbythesea.wordpress.com

"Option A is not available so I need to kick the s**t out of Option B" Sheryl Sandberg

« Reply #98 on: November 13, 2019, 09:21:24 AM »
Hmmm, I believe UM and Treasur you are correct. I have another email this morning that I am choosing not to open yet. I monkey brain, feel sick to my stomach etc at the repeated contacts. Dark feels so much better, for me, not as a punishment to him or to create a specific result. I can not resolve his problems with our boys, nor can I make him do anything. His life, his choices. UM, yesterday I finally understood, as long as he is with OW, he has no place in my life at all.

I have tried to continue to be a soft place for him and to help him repair his relationship with the boys, and the boys (all 3) and I are withdrawn, depressed and battered as a result. Wanting to love someone and reach out when they continue to treat us like garbage only draws out the rejection we feel.

It’s long overdue. Time to totally drop the rope, detach and actively pursue our own healing. 2.5 years in, leave him be. Treasur I just read something you wrote about owning your healing on the menopause thread - I haven’t been owning my healing. Even though I have PTSD, it’s still entirely my choice when I don’t answer that ringing phone, make good self-care choices, and complete tasks that directly impact my and my boys future. Enough of the wallowing, the escape, the denial. Time to rejoin the world...
BD End of April 2017
Denied affair
D final Sept 2018
Many touch and goes

Offline Acorn

« Reply #99 on: November 13, 2019, 09:29:52 AM »

Even though I have PTSD, it’s still entirely my choice when I don’t answer that ringing phone, make good self-care choices, and complete tasks that directly impact my and my boys future. Enough of the wallowing, the escape, the denial. Time to rejoin the world...

Atta girl!  When you realize that it’s YOUR choice, YOU can make the changes happen.  That’s the true meaning of taking Personal Responsibility. 

I applaud you arriving at this point. 
Live-in MLCer
Feb 2015: BD.  H has a Nuclear meltdown. 
Oct 2015: ILYBIANILWY.
Apr 2016: Affair discovered
Dec 2017: Seriously reconnecting

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.