Skip to main content

Author Topic: Discussion MLC in the News: Celebrities, News Stories, etc. Part 6

• You can't please everyone. You are NOT a pizza!
Discussion MLC in the News: Celebrities, News Stories, etc. Part 6
OP: September 23, 2019, 01:40:31 AM
Me - 57, xW - 50
Together 19 years - Married 17 at separation & 21 at D-Day
S - 13, D - 9
2 Dogs
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015
House sold & separated - Mar 2016
Divorce final 30 August 2019

Survival Instructions for Newbies
Site Map

A "friend" will not "stand by you" no matter what you do. That is NOT a friend. That is an enabler. That is an accomplice.
A REAL friend will sit you down and tell you to your face to stop being a firetrucking idiot before you ruin your life and the lives of those around you.

S
Attaching, I am sure some poor fool will do something horribly MLC we can all have a giggle at  ;D
"And when they ask you about me and you find yourself thinking back on all of our memories,
I hope you ache in regret as the truth hits you like a bullet and you find yourself replying: ""She loved me more than anyone else in the entire world and I tried to destroy her."  He failed by the way. 
http://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=8412(Denjef's thread)

• You can't please everyone. You are NOT a pizza!
Well, it didn't take TOO long....

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainment/celebrity/dennis-quaid-65-is-engaged-to-26-year-old-laura-savoie-his-parent-trap-fiancée-reacts/ar-AAJ9Zg8?ocid=spartanntp

I mean... seriously? 4th time is a charm? What makes him think this is a good idea?

Me - 57, xW - 50
Together 19 years - Married 17 at separation & 21 at D-Day
S - 13, D - 9
2 Dogs
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015
House sold & separated - Mar 2016
Divorce final 30 August 2019

Survival Instructions for Newbies
Site Map

A "friend" will not "stand by you" no matter what you do. That is NOT a friend. That is an enabler. That is an accomplice.
A REAL friend will sit you down and tell you to your face to stop being a firetrucking idiot before you ruin your life and the lives of those around you.

::)
A quote from a recovered MLCer: 
"From my experience if my H had let me go a long time ago, and stop pressuring me, begging, and pleading and just let go I possibly would have experienced my awakening sooner than I did."

e
Just EWWW

S
This was on our news too last night.  The reporter was trying not to laugh or make comments but he was having a difficult time ;D

When I was her age, the thought of getting into bed with a man of 65 revolted me. I suppose money makes all the difference.  He'd best get a pre-nup agreement before she takes the lot.

I'm sure it's true love.......just like xH and ow.
"And when they ask you about me and you find yourself thinking back on all of our memories,
I hope you ache in regret as the truth hits you like a bullet and you find yourself replying: ""She loved me more than anyone else in the entire world and I tried to destroy her."  He failed by the way. 

W
Shes obviously just a prostutute who is in it for the Money. Saying that though, They have been together for "months"  ;D
Married - 19,5 Years pre BD
Together - 21,5 Years
Me: 46
W: 46 (Acts 25)
BD 1: 10.01.2017
BD 2: 24.02.2017 OM 28 (now 31) Trainings partner. Is tolerated by LaFamiglia
2 Sons - 20 & 21
1 Dogs and a cat.
Own home . Sold!
Divorce Date 21.08.2018
T1  http://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=8671.0

S
Celebrity relationships and MLC relationships are so similar and I guess that's due to them both being in fantasy land.  Actors don't get the line between fact and fiction and either do MLCers.

W
I have to disagree SF. Actors do get the line between fact and fiction, ist just that some get a MLC to go along with. If your a celeb with Money and fame then its just easier to get a younger bunny to ride shotgun in your Ferrari with you. Then it all gets made public anf BOOM!

No different to our MLCers, just that they have Money and are in the Spotlight.
Married - 19,5 Years pre BD
Together - 21,5 Years
Me: 46
W: 46 (Acts 25)
BD 1: 10.01.2017
BD 2: 24.02.2017 OM 28 (now 31) Trainings partner. Is tolerated by LaFamiglia
2 Sons - 20 & 21
1 Dogs and a cat.
Own home . Sold!
Divorce Date 21.08.2018
T1  http://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=8671.0

S
  • Strength and honour are her clothing;
Celebrity relationships and MLC relationships are so similar and I guess that's due to them both being in fantasy land.  Actors don't get the line between fact and fiction and either do MLCers.

Speaking as a trained actor SF - this is a little sweeping.  I think the celebrity culture that seems to be highlighted here are those who have found fame via these awful reality shows aka Kardashians and Big Brother or Love Island and therefore do live a sort of fantasy culture.
Trained actors can very well distinguish fact from fiction and often have to use their own life experiences to inform their character portrayals.  Most jobbing actors and I know quite a few, are also not in the slightest bit wealthy and very realistic about life and what it throws at them. Work even for the most talented actors can be hard to come by and even then many of them are truly grounded -perhaps more so than you would think.
BD march 2013
Stay at home MLCer
OW for 3.5 years - finishing Autumn 2016
Reconnection started 2017 through 2018.
2019 is the year of Decisions!

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.