Skip to main content

Author Topic: Discussion MLC in the News: Celebrities, News Stories, etc. Part 6

m
  • "You must do the thing you think you can not do."
Curious.....

Did John McCain’s affair with his then-OW affect your vote in any way?

And, why do you think it ruined John Edwards’ career, but not McCain’s?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2020, 11:41:20 AM by megogirl »

It was so long ago, I imagine there would only be a tiny faction of the forum possible who would have lived in Arizona where he was elected to office, and been old enough to vote. By the time he was running for president, people saw his long term marriage as a success, with little care that it came from an affair. He also accomplished other things in his life that greatly overshadowed it (and I'm not a Republican, but I consider him someone who benefited that party and our country). And it's generally only in recent decades that the private lives of politicians have been laid out tabloid style and used in debate.

John Edwards situation was quite different in exposure (even if an affair is an affair without the cameras and TMZ). His wife and their story of loss was a beloved part of his political narrative, and he betrayed it so publicly, and with such a wack job that used it to propel herself into fame. There weren't sex tapes of the McCains floating around the talk shows, and he wasn't as respected in general as McCain had been. Just a disgrace all around, and sad for all of the children he fathered.
"Unconditional love is the highest of high standards, and while we are letting go of our need to control the process of anyone else, we are taking within our lives complete accountability for our own experience."

http://seriousvanity.com/how-to-cultivate-unconditional-love-and-change-the-world/

m
Thanx for your input Ready

I was just getting tired of hearing about what a great human McCain was.  Now I don’t think anyone would argue that he was a great American and a patriot.  But he also destroyed his marriage and family, which *never* seems to get mentioned. 

And Cindy McCain was his OW, yet she is never vilified.  I wonder how different things would have been if TMZ had existed then (?)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2020, 12:12:48 PM by megogirl »

m
Is this a statement from someone in limerance or what?! Megan Fox, on Machine Gun Kelly:

'So we're actually two halves of the same soul, I think. And I said that to him almost immediately, because I felt it right away.'

She added: 'I knew right away that he was what I call a twin flame. Instead of a soul mate, a twin flame is actually where a soul has ascended into a high enough level that it can be split into two different bodies at the same time.'

So, so deep, Megan.  Like something a teenage girl would write in her diary 😂
« Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 07:12:48 AM by megogirl »

K
LOL--well I wouldn't know if Megan is actually MLC or not. But I will say, many many many MLCers are really into that twin flame thing. Maybe she's just crazy. You know, at a higher level.

Me 49
H 47
S13
BD 5/16
H Moved out 6/16
OW--yes. Worked for H. EA turned into PA while I was in chemo. On again/off again like every high school romance

m
She’s definitely weird if someone named MACHINE GUN is her “twin flame.”  Lol
« Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 02:03:43 PM by megogirl »

s
But I will say, many many many MLCers are really into that twin flame thing.

I swear my MLCer mentioned something about that with OW2!  ::) So much BS.
Together since 2009, 7.5 years
- PA with OW1 09/15 (BD1)
- EA with OW2 02/16 (BD2)
I moved out 07/16..

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.