Author Topic: My Story New To Forum But Not To MLC  (Read 503 times)

Offline Nas

My Story Re: New To Forum But Not To MLC
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2019, 11:55:01 AM »
Welcome, Mabel.  I don't post often anymore but am following your new thread and think you will find this forum extremely supportive and helpful to you.  You sound very self-aware, and I echo the sentiment that your contribution as an MLCer and an LBS will both be equally welcome. 
In terms of timeline, I'm a little bit ahead of you.  I'm sorry you find yourself in the position of LBS, but glad you found this place to tell your story!
Married 8 years at BD, together 16.
BD March 2015
H moved out July 2015
I found out about OW March 2016 (She went to high school with H, long distance EA since September 2014, became PA November 2015)
H moved 1100 miles to live with OW June 2016
I was diagnosed with advanced breast cancer June 2017
H became a vanisher

Offline KeepItTogether

Re: New To Forum But Not To MLC
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2019, 01:48:35 PM »
Welcome Mabel. Happy you found this site (although not the circumstances). My BD was also May 2016. Seems like yesterday, and yet also strangely, seems like a lifetime ago. Like you, I think I had a MLT just prior to BD.  I also have 2 extremely important people in my life who are just getting over their MLCs (sister and a bff). So definitely no judgment here.

Anyway, just letting you know we are here. And glad you have some troops to bounce ideas off--it truly has been a lifeline for me.

Enjoy your Friday night wine. I'm about 5 hours away from having mine. ;)
Me 48
H 47
S12
BD 5/16
H Moved out 6/16
OW--yes. Worked for H. EA turned into PA while I was in chemo. On again/off again like every high school romance

Offline Anjae

« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2019, 03:17:50 PM »
Hello and welcome, Mabel.

I want to be completely transparent from the offset but I'm incredibly nervous.  You see, I had an MLC (albeit MUCH milder than my XH's) and I truly believe that that may have been one of the main catalysts for my XH's MLC.  (Note that I say 'catalyst' not 'cause'.)

Another that had a MLC, albeit much, much milder than Mr J's one. Mine come with BD.

The only difference is, I suppose, that I have a bit more of an insight into an MLCer's mind.  It doesn't lessen the pain though, believe me.  I'm a little worried there might be those who think I am less-deserving of support?  I yearn to talk with other LBSs; it has been a terribly lonely journey so far.

I have a bit of insight into a MLCers mind, but at a point I stop having a clue about what is going on with a MLCer like Mr J. Two totally different beasts.

You are not less deserving of support, you're a LBS yourself.

I have found a letter I wrote to my XH one month after he delivered his bomb.  In it, I detail how I had felt in MLC and how I understood what he was going through.  Should I share excerpts on here? 

Yes, please.

I also know quite a bit about the mindset of an MLCer, having been one. If you think that sharing my own experience and recollections of my MLC might help just one person, I would be more than happy to pay it forward.

You're welcome to do so.
Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together. (Marilyn Monroe)

Offline Wilderheart

• Trial Subscriber
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2019, 07:04:03 AM »
Hi Mabel attaching

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.