Author Topic: MLC Monster Shocks sis recovered MLCer 11  (Read 5554 times)

Offline Jackolar12

• Waiting for my Prodigal to return to the fold.
MLC Monster Re: Shocks sis recovered MLCer 11
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2019, 06:48:30 AM »
Hi Thunder , yes it’s a function their employed to do but its not right a calculating crazy criser can do so much damage to people who love them. They have the right to divorce us but all we can do is watch our life fragment and wither away it is the injustice of it all that gets me.

Offline Thunder

Re: Shocks sis recovered MLCer 11
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2019, 06:54:16 AM »
I hear ya, Jack.

It's very unfair for those left behind, especially if there are young children involved.
They are the innocent victims.

Did I ever mention I hate MLC?   ::)
A quote from a recovered MLCer: 
"From my experience if my H had let me go a long time ago, and stop pressuring me, begging, and pleading and just let go I possibly would have experienced my awakening sooner than I did."

Offline ShockandaweTopic starterTopic starter

« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2019, 07:09:10 AM »
Hi SS

During my moments of clarity I would think I was losing my mind because I would know I loved my ex h but then I would succumb to the thought that I was unhappy because of my ex h. I was very confused and afraid. On the one hand I loved him on the other he was my enemy and I needed to get away from him ASAP.
During this time I would remember good things and times and I would breakdown and cry before the fog swept it away again.
Once in the fog as far as I was concerned there was nothing wrong with me and I couldn’t access anything good about my marriage or my ex h.
When I had my awakening I remembered everything including all the awful things I did. I couldn’t believe the destruction I had caused. This lasted for a while but now there’s whole chunks missing. Maybe they are too painful for me to remember.

Offline megogirl

• "You must do the thing you think you can not do."
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2019, 07:48:32 AM »
Sis I’ve asked this before, but I’m afraid it got lost in the abyss.

When you say that you were afraid, what exactly were you afraid of?  I ask because my XH would sound like a frightened animal who’d just escaped from his cage.  Like desperate, and whimpering.

To this day I’ve never understood why.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2019, 07:57:54 AM by megogirl »

Offline Standing Strong

• Trial Subscriber
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2019, 07:57:34 AM »
Ah HA!!!

So you remembered, and then those faded away...... I've read about this.

Is that like "knowing" or "forgetting"? Meaning, you learned whatever and now the details don't matter... you know what you need to know?

What about the "before" MLC? Is the memory loss in there as well, or just the period of when the MLC happened? I know that could be difficult.... how do you know what you don't know anymore? Just wondering if everything from before MLC comes back, or part of it is lost as well (I've read of it going both ways).

-SS (The Standing Strong SS, not the Shocks-Sis SS)
W - 38
M - 42
Together 24 years, M 21
No kids
BD - 27th April 2019

Online Treasur

« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2019, 08:08:22 AM »
Maybe they are too painful for me to remember.

Or the gift of a kind universe bc they have served their purpose and you did the work...
T: 18  M: 12 (at BD) No kids.
H diagnosed with severe depression Oct 15. BD May 16. OW since April 16, maybe earlier. Silent vanisher mostly.
Divorced April 18. XH married ow 6 weeks later.
Healing and growing found here https://littleplotbythesea.wordpress.com

"Option A is not available so I need to kick the s**t out of Option B" Sheryl Sandberg

Offline Standing Strong

• Trial Subscriber
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2019, 09:13:34 AM »

Or the gift of a kind universe bc they have served their purpose and you did the work...

See, that's what I was getting at...... T you're so smart   ;)

-SS
W - 38
M - 42
Together 24 years, M 21
No kids
BD - 27th April 2019

Online Treasur

« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2019, 09:18:06 AM »

See, that's what I was getting at...... T you're so smart   ;)

-SS

Ha ha, SS...I learn sloooow but it sticks when I get there lol
T: 18  M: 12 (at BD) No kids.
H diagnosed with severe depression Oct 15. BD May 16. OW since April 16, maybe earlier. Silent vanisher mostly.
Divorced April 18. XH married ow 6 weeks later.
Healing and growing found here https://littleplotbythesea.wordpress.com

"Option A is not available so I need to kick the s**t out of Option B" Sheryl Sandberg

Offline Jackolar12

• Waiting for my Prodigal to return to the fold.
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2019, 10:47:05 AM »
Yes Thunder I’m with you on that one MLC SUCKS, there should be a law against it.

Offline ShockandaweTopic starterTopic starter

« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2019, 03:10:47 PM »
Hi Mego

I was afraid of being alone and vulnerable though when in the fog I felt invincible. It was only during brief periods of clarity that I felt afraid.
I as an MLCer was weak and vulnerable and afraid but I was running from that and projecting it all onto my ex h.
Clarity brought forth the feelings of fear and separation and I simply couldn’t cope with that because of my underdeveloped coping mechanism.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.