Skip to main content

Author Topic: My Story Objects in the Mirror are Closer than they Appear

M
My Story Re: Objects in the Mirror are Closer than they Appear
#140: August 03, 2020, 02:46:40 PM
Enjoyed the update, DF. Had to laugh at your H and his brand appropriate sneakers. Your kids are great, though. Glad they're not going to grow up to be like their dad. Love that your S wears his brand from head to toe. He knows what he wants. Hope his basket ball is going well for him.
Married 1989, together since 1984 
BD May 2014,
D25, D22, S15
OW Physical Affair same one. He and she said she turned 34 the month of BD. She turned 52 this year.

s
Objects in the Mirror are Closer than they Appear
#141: August 03, 2020, 05:38:54 PM
Generic sneakers??!  It's doesn't ever seem to end for LB.   ::)

Will your S be in school or is it distance learning where you're at?  And is D on a college campus or is she distance learning as well? 

Bring on the bball! 

Nice that LB forked over the dough - I was worried you were going to write that he didn't have any for the kids because he needed new wheels! 
BD: 1/1/16
Together 15 years - married 7 years
His divorce final 7/26/16
Married the OW

After all, tomorrow is another day.

• You can't please everyone. You are NOT a pizza!
#142: August 04, 2020, 01:24:52 AM
LB certainly seems to have the need to try to get your attention, doesn't he? Walking back and forth multiple times? What's up with that? Maybe Camry-Man wanted you to be impressed with his sneakers?
Me - 57, xW - 50
Together 19 years - Married 17 at separation & 21 at D-Day
S - 13, D - 9
2 Dogs
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015
House sold & separated - Mar 2016
Divorce final 30 August 2019

Survival Instructions for Newbies
Site Map

A "friend" will not "stand by you" no matter what you do. That is NOT a friend. That is an enabler. That is an accomplice.
A REAL friend will sit you down and tell you to your face to stop being a firetrucking idiot before you ruin your life and the lives of those around you.

K
#143: August 04, 2020, 03:04:17 PM
Well I think I know the brand and the "brand ambassador" of which you speak. It is funny b/c my MIL is the exact same way. Will not buy that brand again. But we still love it. ;)

I'm with Ursa, Mr. Camry obviously wanted some attention from you. So mature.
Me 49
H 47
S13
BD 5/16
H Moved out 6/16
OW--yes. Worked for H. EA turned into PA while I was in chemo. On again/off again like every high school romance

D
#144: August 06, 2020, 10:26:05 AM
Milly, basketball is sputtering along in odd starts and stops here.  There doesn't seem to be any organized plan or agreement.  It is most frustrating.

Same thing with school SB.  All of the colleges are online so D is all settled with online classes for fall.  S is just pandemoniun. Thus far, the school is planning a hybrid schedule with the student population being split in 2 groups A and B.  Two half days a week for each group and one day all virtual for deep cleaning.  Then the State tossed in the option of all virtual at parents discretion.  Now we are supposed to be filling out surveys online but I haven't been able to access the survey. Parents are fighting on social media.  Teachers are upset.  We have no information on how this is actually going to work.  What are the rules?  Nobody know. Trying to make life and death decisions in a "nobody knows" atmosphere.  The teachers union has filed suit.  It is all up in the air.  S desperately wants to go back to school.  We all just want to go back to our normal lives. 

LB and KIT, I have to admit that the third time he walked passed the truck into the corner of the field where the porta potties sit I thought about UM's comment regarding LB's conduct at one of the last, real basketball games back in early March ... LB needs a lot of attention.  Yes, yes he does.  He had 20 years of my undivided attention.  He was unsatisfied and went elsewhere.  I do not see fit to spare any additional positive or negative attention on him or his dysfunctional band of losers ... so he can walk to the porta potties as many times as he wants.  His attention card has expired.                       
Married 1998
MLC H 48
LBS W 47
D16, S12
BD March, 2016
Left home Sept 4, 2016 - living with parents
H filed for D - July 24, 2017
D final March 14, 2018 - still living at parent's house

“You've seen my descent, now watch my rising.”
― Jalaluddin Rumi

• You can't please everyone. You are NOT a pizza!
#145: August 07, 2020, 01:31:17 AM
LB and KIT, I have to admit that the third time he walked passed the truck into the corner of the field where the porta potties sit I thought about UM's comment regarding LB's conduct at one of the last, real basketball games back in early March ... LB needs a lot of attention.  Yes, yes he does.  He had 20 years of my undivided attention.  He was unsatisfied and went elsewhere.  I do not see fit to spare any additional positive or negative attention on him or his dysfunctional band of losers ... so he can walk to the porta potties as many times as he wants.  His attention card has expired.                     

Well DF, it was either he wanted the attention or had a case of the trots/weak bladder.... I mean, there is NOTHING attractive about a Porta-Potty on a hot day... Or is that the new equivalent of sneaking behind the school building for a smoke?  ::)
Me - 57, xW - 50
Together 19 years - Married 17 at separation & 21 at D-Day
S - 13, D - 9
2 Dogs
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015
House sold & separated - Mar 2016
Divorce final 30 August 2019

Survival Instructions for Newbies
Site Map

A "friend" will not "stand by you" no matter what you do. That is NOT a friend. That is an enabler. That is an accomplice.
A REAL friend will sit you down and tell you to your face to stop being a firetrucking idiot before you ruin your life and the lives of those around you.

s
#146: August 07, 2020, 03:04:25 PM

Same thing with school SB.  All of the colleges are online so D is all settled with online classes for fall.  S is just pandemoniun. Thus far, the school is planning a hybrid schedule with the student population being split in 2 groups A and B.  Two half days a week for each group and one day all virtual for deep cleaning.  Then the State tossed in the option of all virtual at parents discretion.  Now we are supposed to be filling out surveys online but I haven't been able to access the survey. Parents are fighting on social media.  Teachers are upset.  We have no information on how this is actually going to work.  What are the rules?  Nobody know. Trying to make life and death decisions in a "nobody knows" atmosphere.  The teachers union has filed suit.  It is all up in the air.  S desperately wants to go back to school.  We all just want to go back to our normal lives. 

Seems to be about the same here in my state, DF.    :(
BD: 1/1/16
Together 15 years - married 7 years
His divorce final 7/26/16
Married the OW

After all, tomorrow is another day.

D
#147: August 10, 2020, 10:48:00 AM
My new existence on the weekends appears to be me dragging my lawn chair around an outdoor basketball court, getting sunburned and watching LB walk in front of me 4 or 5 times each game.  Every time I glanced over toward where he was sitting he was looking my way.  Just creepy.   

I have to admit I had a small breakdown Sunday morning because I seriously don't ever want to see LB again. Like never. This whole forced parade of watching the man who betrayed me and destroyed my family march back and forth in front of me all day long while simultaneously providing no support to me or the kids in all these awful decision about school and basketball and friends it a bit much.  Just so done with it never being done.   
Married 1998
MLC H 48
LBS W 47
D16, S12
BD March, 2016
Left home Sept 4, 2016 - living with parents
H filed for D - July 24, 2017
D final March 14, 2018 - still living at parent's house

“You've seen my descent, now watch my rising.”
― Jalaluddin Rumi

K
#148: August 11, 2020, 01:11:28 PM

I have to admit I had a small breakdown Sunday morning because I seriously don't ever want to see LB again. Like never. This whole forced parade of watching the man who betrayed me and destroyed my family march back and forth in front of me all day long while simultaneously providing no support to me or the kids in all these awful decision about school and basketball and friends it a bit much.  Just so done with it never being done.

I felt every part of this. Sucks that b/c we share children with these idiots, we are forced to be around them, and in some cases interact with them.  I sometimes think I won't even care if/when I start seeing someone new. But then I have no plans on dating, so who knows when this will actually happen?

Sorry you had a breakdown. I get it. Been there a lot unfortunately. But you are a strong amazing person.  And my guess is that LB sees it too. But like the teenager he is now, has no idea how to be around you. So he skulks by "acting" as if all is totally normal.  Like he didn't completely blow up his life. And that yes, you are just fine with it.

Anyway, hugs friend. We all have our down moments. I have them way more than I care to admit. But we get up, brush the dust off and move forward as we have done every day since BD.
Me 49
H 47
S13
BD 5/16
H Moved out 6/16
OW--yes. Worked for H. EA turned into PA while I was in chemo. On again/off again like every high school romance

P
#149: August 11, 2020, 01:50:09 PM
Hi DF, just wanted to send virtual hugs and support. As KIT says we all have those days, take care, PG xxx 

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.