Skip to main content

Author Topic: My Story The MLC Upside

• Trial Subscriber
My Story Re: The MLC Upside
#20: January 04, 2020, 12:37:02 AM
God bless you Shock (and sis too).

That sounds very difficult..... but it sure sounds like grace, compassion and love in action.

You're a very sweet and kind woman.

-SS
W - 39
M - 43
Together 25 years, M 22
No kids
BD - 27th April 2019

S
Re: The MLC Upside
#21: January 04, 2020, 01:42:37 AM
Thank you SS,

Kind words much appreciated. My sister says to say hello and hopes you’re doing well and putting you first.

God bless you
Beware of “keyboard warriors “

#22: January 04, 2020, 04:16:01 AM
Shock and Sis

Thinking of you both and your step father and your mother.

Does your H know your step father is so ill Shock?

Sending you all love 💕

Rose 🌹

Married 15+ years with 2 children
BD1 - 2016
BD2 - 2017
BD3 - Sept 2019
MOW Mar 2016-Jan 2018
OW2 - Feb 2019, age 30
H left home Oct 2017 to stay with his parents
Bought a family Puppy mid 2018 - referred to as ‘P’

Link to advice by my mentor, Phoenix, on what to tell the children about H leaving - reply #33 (it had a glitch)
https://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=9313.30

S
#23: January 04, 2020, 11:59:46 AM
Hi Rose,

My sister says hi.
Yes my h knows about my step father and he said he felt guilty because he should be here. I told him he had enough on his mind to deal with and that we can manage. Then he said he thought my step father would not want him here to which I replied he doesn’t know much and that he wouldn’t treat him any differently. He said that if there’s anything he can do to let him know. He also asked how my mother was coping. At one point he went very quiet and looked as if he was going to burst into tears. I just sat silently until it passed.

It was a nice gesture and more like the real h than the alien. I left it at that but did thank him for his offer and would let him know if there’s anything we need help with.

Zero expectations just a nice reminder of the person he really is.

Onwards fellow LBSes keep moving forward.

God bless you all

S
#24: January 04, 2020, 12:37:08 PM
Shock
Thank you for the update, and I'm sorry that your father is so very ill.
Those lucid moments are to be treasured for sure.

Prayers for his health, and comfort to your mother and you and sis being sent your way.

Sea
Seahorses have one mate for life...

S
#25: January 04, 2020, 02:01:52 PM
Thank you Sea,

So grateful for that it truly means a lot.
I have learned to let go and let God take it from here.
I pray every morning and night for the Lord to take care of my step father and walk with my mother to help carry the burden.
God bless you Sea

m
  • "You must do the thing you think you can not do."
#26: January 04, 2020, 02:17:34 PM
WOW, Shock!

A glimpse of your real spouse!   Mine couldn’t care less about my family.  Maybe if someone died he’d express sympathy, but if he went radio silent I wouldn’t be shocked, either.  He’s shown moments though - even crying at our son’s latest performance.

Happy New Year to you and Sis.

S
#27: January 08, 2020, 08:07:13 AM
Prayers for your stepfather and your mother and thank you for your wisdom for us to just keep moving forward and trust in God.
Me 53
H 51
AD 22 from previous R
Known H since 1993
Together since 2000
BD 06/21/2017
OW High School Sweetheart lives 4 hrs away

S
#28: January 10, 2020, 12:59:09 PM
Hello everyone,

Hope everyone is doing well along our journeys.

My step father is out of hospital, we brought him home this afternoon. He’s happy to be back and is quite tearful. He told me, through the tears that he doesn’t know what he would do if I wasn’t around. It was quite touching because he told me he loves me and I told him I love him too.

I have something I want to say to all newbies and LBSes who think the ow is some glamorous and sophisticated person who is in some way this prize catch who you cannot compete with. Well, up until yesterday I had no idea what my h’s ow looked like and had given it thought a few times and in the beginning I was convinced she was some beautiful and super glamorous person. Boy did I get that wrong!!! She is the epitome of affairs down and I have been told she has been married a few times and her last husband she left him for mine less than 2 years after marrying this guy.

Newbies, never think the ow/om has anything you don’t because they really don’t. It’s because they were available and if your MLCers were not in MLC trust me they wouldn’t look at them twice.

Another affirmation for me that the veterans here know of what they speak.

God bless you all we can do this

m
  • "You must do the thing you think you can not do."
#29: January 10, 2020, 01:16:17 PM
Both the veterans and your Sis are well-versed on MLC.

Feeling like I’m wasting my time tho.  Just one of those days.

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.