Skip to main content

Author Topic: Mirror-Work LBS New Years Resolutions (and hopes)

• Trial Subscriber
Mirror-Work LBS New Years Resolutions (and hopes)
OP: December 31, 2019, 03:01:56 PM
Not to be off-putting as we all know your typical New Year's resolutions go right in the trash a week into the new year..... but LBS's are special: They have drive, determination and perseverance. When the LBS engine gets roaring, better get out of the way.

What are you looking to see/improve/work-on in the New Year with yourself?

Any hopes? Any new dreams?

For me:
(Mirror-Work) I'm going to continue becoming a much better man. Stronger inside and out. More loving, caring, compassionate and patient. I will work on perusing my passions in life, and live it to the fullest. I will maintain my honor and dignity. I will work harder than I have in a long time, perhaps my whole life, but it won't be for someone else.

(Hopes & Dreams) I seek and hope to become stronger in my faith. Learn to listen and hear. I hope to have an opportunity for a career change and start a new chapter (don't know if this is the year or not, but it will happen eventually).  I hope W continues to improve..... she doesn't have to be healed this year, I don't have to know all the answers this year, I don't have to have certainty this year..... but I hope for something good. I hope that I will feel loved from time to time this year. I hope to look like Arnold Schwarzenegger this year  :o ;) :-* (Not the current Arnold...... early 1980's Arnold... LOL!!!)

I think that's more than enough...... I don't have to fix the world, or change the world anymore..... I just need to do my best and make the best of what is.

Sincere hope that all people here have a great New Year's, and I hope that all will have a better year in 2020 than in 2019.

-SS

W - 39
M - 43
Together 25 years, M 22
No kids
BD - 27th April 2019

m
  • "You must do the thing you think you can not do."
Re: LBS New Years Resolutions (and hopes)
#1: December 31, 2019, 04:58:14 PM
SS

I hope to carry that drive and continued perseverance into 2020.  What’s the point of Standing if you don’t finally reach the finish line?

So...I guess that’s my resolution....to survive yet another year.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2019, 05:01:10 PM by megogirl »

S
#2: January 01, 2020, 11:30:18 AM
Happy New Year to all.

My resolutions are to let go of anger that is only harming me and impeding my growth. There will be lots of self-care, and compassion for myself and my family. I will continue my journey of mirror-work and push myself out of my comfort zone. One day at a time.

• Trial Subscriber
#3: January 01, 2020, 01:14:41 PM
I'm going to revive one the hobbies I gave up after BD... It was part of my life before W,  I did it throughout our M ( there was a time both of us were involved ), and this 10+ month break has been the longest break Ive ever had.

And I'm going to try to read at least one fiction book per month.  Starting with Terry Pratchett's "Moving Pictures" (already on page 15, LoL).

I still dont know if I'm doing this all just to kill some time, or if I'm actually going to enjoy it. But for better worse, I believe the only way to get pieces of my old life back is just "do it'.

Alvin.
Together - 20½ Years, Married 19 Years
Me: 43, W: 41 (Acts 20-25) - a low energy live-in wallower
BD ("I don't love you"): Feb 2019, 
BD2 ("I don't want to fix this marriage."... D filed May 2020
Kids (at time of BD): G19,G18,G14,G12,S5

*** Every person on the planet is like you - a human being, most likely doing the best they can. Some are just more in control of themself than others ***
*** There are things you control and things you can't control, but what you can control is your attitude towards things you can't control. ***
*** You're not going to master the rest of your life in one day. So relax. Master the present day. Then just keep doing that every day. ***
*** Without trust fear is the only possibility. Place your trust in your own wings. ***

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.