Skip to main content

Author Topic: Off-Topic RE: Forum Problems 3

• Mentor
  • You can't please everyone. You are NOT a pizza!
Off-Topic RE: Forum Problems 3
OP: February 18, 2020, 06:37:46 AM
« Last Edit: February 21, 2020, 04:46:35 AM by UrsaMajor »
Me - 57, xW - 50
Together 19 years - Married 17 at separation & 21 at D-Day
S - 13, D - 9
2 Dogs
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015
House sold & separated - Mar 2016
Divorce final 30 August 2019

Survival Instructions for Newbies
Site Map

A "friend" will not "stand by you" no matter what you do. That is NOT a friend. That is an enabler. That is an accomplice.
A REAL friend will sit you down and tell you to your face to stop being a firetrucking idiot before you ruin your life and the lives of those around you.

• Mentor
Re: RE: Forum Problems 3
#1: February 19, 2020, 11:34:00 PM
I've blocked msnbot, had logged 50k database errors in past 3 days.  Ignored robots.txt, 600 errors in 8 minutes, so blocked it in .htaccess.  Forum is running faster for a change, will see how long it lasts.

So, it seems that you found one of the culprits....
Me - 57, xW - 50
S - 13, D - 9
2 Dogs
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015

Site Map

A "friend" will not "stand by you" no matter what you do. That is NOT a friend. That is an enabler. That is an accomplice.
A REAL friend will sit you down and tell you to your face to stop being a firetrucking idiot before you ruin your life and the lives of those around you.

• Mentor
#2: February 21, 2020, 04:30:57 AM
I've blocked msnbot, had logged 50k database errors in past 3 days.  Ignored robots.txt, 600 errors in 8 minutes, so blocked it in .htaccess.  Forum is running faster for a change, will see how long it lasts.

So, it seems that you found one of the culprits....

There haven't been any new database errors since you blocked msnbot so that was hitting us hard....
Me - 57, xW - 50
S - 13, D - 9
2 Dogs
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015

Site Map

S
  • Administrator
#3: February 21, 2020, 09:36:22 AM
Still getting some odd error bursts, but running a lot cleaner overall.  Is the forum running faster for you?

• Administrator
    • The Hero's Spouse
Re: Forum Problems 3
#4: February 21, 2020, 10:45:56 AM
Okay, so Sir Osis has recommended I switch hosts. I've just finished chatting with a new host and will bring what was said to Sir Osis.
One of the concernes might be those high numbers. No, 600 is not really a lot relatively speaking, but it's been the norm for the past few weeks/months and before that it was completely abnormal--as I can recall.
I started posting at the blog again, but the traffic so far has not really gone up yet and so it doesn't make sense to me that we would suddenly have an influx of new traffic when I have not done enough to drive it here yet.
The downtime with a host switch should be none to very little.

• Administrator
    • The Hero's Spouse
#5: February 22, 2020, 11:31:52 AM
The post below is a copy of a global PM I sent to everyone about 2 minutes ago.

We are about to migrate the forum and blog to a new host. In order to begin this process, the forum and blog will be temporarily in maintenance mode and you will be unable to have access. I am not sure how long the down time will be, but hope it will be minimal.
The time is now 11:30 am Pacific Standard Time
I will enable maintenance mode in 20 minutes...to give those of you who actually read this time to finish any posts.

We should have a faster forum after this move and will be able to complete the upgrades and eventually a new--mobile responsive theme--once we are at the new host.

Sorry for any inconvenience,
Kenda-Ruth

S
  • Administrator
#6: February 22, 2020, 02:24:38 PM
Forum is now running on new server (it's hot :) ).  DNS update may still be propagating, but if you're here and we're not in maintenance mode you're at new host.  Any feedback will be helpful.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2020, 02:25:51 PM by Sir Osis »

• Trial Subscriber
#7: February 22, 2020, 10:23:29 PM
Loads VERY quickly, almost instantly....  :)

Great job (I assume you switched from some shared plan to some VPS/dedicated server?)

Alvin.
Together - 20½ Years, Married 19 Years
Me: 43, W: 41 (Acts 20-25) - a low energy live-in wallower
BD ("I don't love you"): Feb 2019, 
BD2 ("I don't want to fix this marriage."... D filed May 2020
Kids (at time of BD): G19,G18,G14,G12,S5

*** Every person on the planet is like you - a human being, most likely doing the best they can. Some are just more in control of themself than others ***
*** There are things you control and things you can't control, but what you can control is your attitude towards things you can't control. ***
*** You're not going to master the rest of your life in one day. So relax. Master the present day. Then just keep doing that every day. ***
*** Without trust fear is the only possibility. Place your trust in your own wings. ***

S
  • Administrator
#8: February 23, 2020, 07:13:37 PM
No, we're on a shared server with a very good host.

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.