Skip to main content

Author Topic: Discussion Forum rebuild

S
  • Administrator
Discussion Forum rebuild
OP: February 25, 2020, 04:00:34 PM
Ok, after much d!cking around, I've installed the rebuilt forum and will leave it running.  We've moved to a different host, you've probably noticed everything loads much faster.  This is a clean install connected to the production database, all previous content should be intact.  There will be some clams here and there, and I still have a few things to finish up, but forum should be pretty much fully functional.

Yes, it looks different.  The new theme has been modified to match the existing color scheme, but things have been moved around.  The theme is responsive, it will reformat to fit smaller displays so you can view it on a tablet or phone, that requires rearranging things a bit.  If you really can't stand it and prefer the old theme, you can change it in Profile -> Look and Layout -> Current Theme, click (change) and select Curve Multi Color.

Comments and questions should be posted here.  Please report any problems you run into, anything that doesn't look or work right.  Thanks for your patience.

M
Forum rebuild
#1: February 25, 2020, 04:20:34 PM
I hate to complain, maybe it's just me, but I really dislike it when the forum keeps changing. It's happened so much lately.

We are here because of the terrible things that happened to us that we could never have expected. Any change is a trigger for us. Stability really helps us. I wish the forum wouldn't keep changing.
Married 1989, together since 1984 
BD May 2014,
D25, D22, S15
OW Physical Affair same one. He and she said she turned 34 the month of BD. She turned 52 this year.

S
  • Administrator
Re: Forum rebuild
#2: February 25, 2020, 04:48:14 PM
There were several reasons for upgrading the forum, mostly involving server issues, the general wear and tear the software accumulates over time, and the lack of a responsive theme for mobile users.  It had reached a point where the forum was very slow, logging a lot of errors, it was difficult to determine which modifications were installed and working, and the server was choking on the large database.  We had patched things up previously, and tried a couple of mobile themes that weren't well received, but at some point you have to clean things up in order to continue serving the membership properly.  The main difference is the theme, I've reinstalled the previous theme (Curve Multi Color) and you can switch back to it in your Profile.  That will make things look and work the same as before. 

Forum rebuild
#3: February 25, 2020, 05:01:41 PM
Thanks! Working much cleaner and quicker. It May take a minute to get used to the new look and feel but I think it’s a big improvement - thanks for the hard work - these migrations aren’t easy!!
BD End of April 2017
Moved out - kind of, May 2017
Denied affair
Cycled hard April - Oct 2017, my son figured out affair, I confronted husband, we were going away as a family for the weekend - H monsters hard and files for a D end of Oct, 2017
D final Sept 2018
Many touch and goes
He lives in monster, kids haven’t been with him overnight since Jan 2019
Moved in with MOW, a former friend of mine, May 2019

s
#4: February 25, 2020, 05:09:01 PM
I like it!  Well done Sir Osis!!!!   :D
Married 42yrs.
Reconciled July 5, 2006

"Don't be so open minded your brains fall out".  by Stephen A. Kallis, Jr.
"We believe marriage is sacred, but it is not our job to save marriages; it is our goal to empower each of you to save your own marriage."

Stayed Husband Letter
The Hero's Spouse Mission Statement
Survival Instructions for Newbies
The Mentor Program
LBS SCRIPT

#5: February 25, 2020, 06:00:35 PM
I can not access anything!
The whole site looks absolutely weird.  Whole format is strange looking.
Like I see the number of posts but not from who.  No member names anywhere.

RCR here trying out a feature of this theme. There is a Modify Inline feature--probably just for moderators. So apparently we can edit without opening a new page. The post just becomes editable right in the thread. I can't format--no post box with all the tools, but still pretty cool feature if we want to break a long post into paragraphs or remove something against Code of Conduct.
Thunder The member names are there, but instead of being in a separate column they are on the main column in three lines.
Ex for this thread
Line one is the title: Forum Rebuild
Below is lien 2 which gives the name of the topic starter: Sir Osis
Line 3 gives the date of the most recent post on the thread.

I like the other format with columns too, but admittedly that could be because it's what I'm used to--it was that way for almost 10 years!
-End RCR-

What changed from earlier when it was working fine?
Hope you can get this post.

Thunder

« Last Edit: February 25, 2020, 09:17:06 PM by Rollercoasterider »
A quote from a recovered MLCer: 
"From my experience if my H had let me go a long time ago, and stop pressuring me, begging, and pleading and just let go I possibly would have experienced my awakening sooner than I did."

s
#6: February 25, 2020, 07:31:04 PM
Sir Osis:
Something I would like to see would be a "like button".  It would save us from having to repeat stuff that's already been said.  It would be an easy way to reinforce how IMPORTANT that point is... at least to each of us.  Probably stop a lot of repetition.

Just a thought!

Stayed
Married 42yrs.
Reconciled July 5, 2006

"Don't be so open minded your brains fall out".  by Stephen A. Kallis, Jr.
"We believe marriage is sacred, but it is not our job to save marriages; it is our goal to empower each of you to save your own marriage."

Stayed Husband Letter
The Hero's Spouse Mission Statement
The Mentor Program
LBS SCRIPT

• Trial Subscriber
Forum rebuild
#7: February 25, 2020, 07:52:59 PM
It is fast (very nice)..... but I don't see where to change back to the old theme..... it's not under "Look and Feel".

I'm sure the new theme is nice, but I really liked the old one  ;D (it was smaller and had more posts viable, very efficient for a desktop user).

-SS
W - 38
M - 42
Together 24 years, M 21
No kids
BD - 27th April 2019

Forum rebuild
#8: February 25, 2020, 07:59:31 PM
This is working much better for me on my phone and tablet. Phone Samsung Galaxy S5 tablet Galaxy tab 4.

As a suggestion for anyone who is having technical trouble, you might mention what kind of device you are using to access the site. Maybe apple phones have a problem or MSI laptops with a specific graphic card.

Thank you for your hard work, Sir Osis.
When life gives you lemons, make SALSA!

m
Forum rebuild
#9: February 25, 2020, 09:11:43 PM
Thanks things are running great, but I also would like to switch layouts if possible. The new layout is very space inefficient and displays in a much more delicate font, making the entire post threads harder to read with less information displayed per page. The look and feel does not have a theme setting that can be changed, only emoji sets and other misc settings.

Forum rebuild
#10: February 25, 2020, 09:45:45 PM
I can change my theme by going to the little orange lines box at the top left, clicking on it and selecting profile. Then, above my profile is a second set of orange lines box and clicking on that has look and layout. Click on Look and Layout, and I had choices for themes. It says "change" next to the theme you have.  Click that hyperlink. Curve Multi Color is the old layout.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2020, 10:14:15 PM by OffRoad »

m
Forum rebuild
#11: February 25, 2020, 10:47:30 PM
I can change my theme by going to the little orange lines box at the top left, clicking on it and selecting profile. Then, above my profile is a second set of orange lines box and clicking on that has look and layout. Click on Look and Layout, and I had choices for themes. It says "change" next to the theme you have.  Click that hyperlink. Curve Multi Color is the old layout.

I assume this is in mobile view? Because it is not available in desktop nor on an iPad (desktop equivalent) layout.

Edit: never mind, in the look and feel settings as originally pointed to there is the name of current layout, it is not clear if you click on it it goes to a page that lets you preview and set other themes. Works as advertised.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2020, 10:50:12 PM by marvin4242 »

#12: February 26, 2020, 04:19:44 AM
Mine is good too.  Thank you.
"From my experience if my H had let me go a long time ago, and stop pressuring me, begging, and pleading and just let go I possibly would have experienced my awakening sooner than I did."

• You can't please everyone. You are NOT a pizza!
#13: February 26, 2020, 05:10:20 AM
Good Afternoon Sir,

Yep, even from Europe the response time is lightning fast (Me like!)...

As for the look and feel, well... to be honest, the only thing constant is change so it doesn't disturb me much. Just will take a bit of getting used to like anything else - new phone, new car, new life...

Later Edit: Found a bug.... I went to edit my profile as D8 is now D9 and xW is now 50 and not 49. When I clicked on "Save" I got the following error:
An Error Has Occurred!
Call to undefined function dl()

Error occurs in both Themes as well so it is something in the core code
« Last Edit: February 26, 2020, 05:57:11 AM by UrsaMajor »
Me - 56, xW - 50
Together 19 years - Married 17 at separation
S - 13, D - 9
2 Dogs
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015
House sold & separated - Mar 2016
Divorce final 30 August 2019

Site Map

A "friend" will not "stand by you" no matter what you do. That is NOT a friend. That is an enabler. That is an accomplice.
A REAL friend will sit you down and tell you to your face to stop being a firetrucking idiot before you ruin your life and the lives of those around you.

#14: February 26, 2020, 05:36:55 AM
I just changed my laptop back to curve multicolor as I found the other format takes up too much space. Will check my iphone later. yesterday the threads would open to the first post on the thread rather than the latest. Will let you know.

Thanks Sir Osis for making the forum better !  :)
"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see" Hebrews 11:1

"You enrich my life and are a source of joy and consolation to me. But if I lose you, I will not, I must not spend the rest of my life in unhappiness."

" The truth does not change according to our ability to stomach it". Flannery O'Connor

https://www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com/chapter-contents.html

S
  • Administrator
#16: February 26, 2020, 08:14:19 AM
There's a problem saving profile changes, errors are being logged, but I can't replicate it, works fine for me.  Would be a good idea if everyone clears their browsers.  There's a Like mod, will take a look at it, but won't be installing any more mods until we get the bugs out of the new install.  Fonts look pretty much the same to me, but can make them larger.  Checked the forum last night on my e-reader (7" Android tab), looked good, easy to read and navigate, much better than most of the responsive themes I've worked with.

Will be on a while tonight, if someone could post a list of suggestions would be helpful.

S
  • Administrator
#17: February 26, 2020, 08:25:06 AM
Found a bug.... I went to edit my profile as D8 is now D9 and xW is now 50 and not 49. When I clicked on "Save" I got the following error:
An Error Has Occurred!

Ok, got it now.  Happens when you save Forum Profile, but only in your account.  Checked mine and several other accounts, works fine.  Maybe something in the database, will have a look tonight.

#18: February 26, 2020, 08:26:56 AM

Later Edit: Found a bug.... I went to edit my profile as D8 is now D9 and xW is now 50 and not 49. When I clicked on "Save" I got the following error:
An Error Has Occurred!

Error occurs in both Themes as well so it is something in the core code
Which field (s) in your profile were you editing?

Bug : Spellcheck takes me to a blank page.

Bug: if editing your post, then you choose to go to full edit page, you lose your modification in the quick edit page.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2020, 08:35:31 AM by OffRoad »

#19: February 26, 2020, 09:26:36 AM
Thanks OffRoad, spellcheck has not worked for me for a long time.

M
Forum rebuild
#20: February 26, 2020, 02:56:11 PM
I also can't access anything. There is now way to follow threads I've posted on or to look for new threads. This afternoon I couldn't even see who the thread titles belonged to. Now I go on a thread and it takes me to a page I read yesterday, no way of getting updated places. This is very frustrating. It doesn't look or feel like HS. I can't even think what newbies are feeling like. Probably looking for another forum, I imagine.
BD May 2014,
D25, D22, S15
OW Physical Affair same one. He and she said she turned 34 the month of BD. She turned 52 this year.

#21: February 26, 2020, 04:18:39 PM
Milly, if you go into your profile you can change it to the way it looked before.

"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see" Hebrews 11:1

"You enrich my life and are a source of joy and consolation to me. But if I lose you, I will not, I must not spend the rest of my life in unhappiness."

" The truth does not change according to our ability to stomach it". Flannery O'Connor

S
  • Administrator
#22: February 26, 2020, 05:20:22 PM
I've changed Milly back to Curve Multi Color.

Thought I had responded to these before I went out -

I went to edit my profile as D8 is now D9 and xW is now 50 and not 49. When I clicked on "Save" I got the following error:
An Error Has Occurred!

This only happens in Ursa's profile, not in mine or several others I checked.  Load Forum Profile page and save, throws error whether you make any changes or not.  Doesn't happen in clone I'm running on different server, same host.  There's no function dl() in core function list, will have to do some digging to find the call.

Bug : Spellcheck takes me to a blank page.

Spellcheck hasn't worked for a while, it requires dictionary files that we were told cannot be installed on shared server.  Will check with new host, but I think answer will be the same.  No big deal, I kan spel gud!

Bug: if editing your post, then you choose to go to full edit page, you lose your modification in the quick edit page.

That's how it works, text isn't carried from modify or quick reply to reply editor, you have to copy it over.

#23: February 26, 2020, 06:22:40 PM
I'd love to say nice job but my phone app was just fine before this "fixing". 

Now all threads are stacked partially on top of each other.

I can't see who the last poster was.

I can't go directly to the last post but have to page through.

Yes I know I can go in and mess around change some things, setting wise but if I were a new reader I simply wouldn't know that and wouldn't bother spending time to find out because it looks so messed up.  Actually, I haven't bothered to change anything so I can read and post because I just can't figure out why things are always improved yet cost me time and aggravation.

Lp
if people won’t listen to you, there’s no point in talking to people. If they won’t listen, you’re just banging your head against a wall.

Sadly Ive used up all the time I had allotted to spend banging my head on the wall

S
  • Administrator
#24: February 26, 2020, 06:31:27 PM
Do you know which theme you were using?  Curve Multi Color was the green default theme, it's not responsive and pretty much unuseable on phone.  We had a responsive mod installed at some point on default Curve (basically a blue theme), but it didn't work very well. 

S
  • Administrator
#25: February 26, 2020, 06:32:35 PM
Spellcheck hasn't worked for a while, it requires dictionary files that we were told cannot be installed on shared server.  Will check with new host, but I think answer will be the same.

Confirmed by host.

E
  • Subscriber, 12 Month
#26: February 26, 2020, 06:33:41 PM

Thank you so much for this Offroad - I just changed mine back and it's SO much better. It was very hard to read on my phone with the new theme...

S
  • Administrator
#27: February 26, 2020, 07:04:54 PM
Don't know how you're seeing Curve Multi Color on a phone.  I don't use a phone, but in Firefox phone emulations it's displayed same as on pc, just very tiny.  Are you zooming it up?

S
  • Administrator
#28: February 26, 2020, 07:35:06 PM
I went to edit my profile as D8 is now D9 and xW is now 50 and not 49. When I clicked on "Save" I got the following error:
An Error Has Occurred!

This is fixed.  For reasons unknown, some needed php modules were not selected and mime type check on avatars was not working.  It affected all members.  Crocweb support reset to default and we're good.

M
#29: February 27, 2020, 12:18:20 AM
It's much better today for me too, thank you. Almost normal, just the page numbers go backwards for me anyway. If I go to the next page, it's actually the previous page. Is it possible to run the numbers so page 1 is the first and not the latest?
BD May 2014,
D25, D22, S15

#30: February 27, 2020, 12:20:28 AM
It's much better today for me too, thank you. Almost normal, just the page numbers go backwards for me anyway. If I go to the next page, it's actually the previous page. Is it possible to run the numbers so page 1 is the first and not the latest?

This is seriously odd... I see page numbers 1-<x> left to right like normal on a PC

Are you on a phone? Tablet? PC? Android? Apple? Enquiring minds want to know...
Me - 56, xW - 50
S - 13, D - 9
2 Dogs
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015

Site Map

A "friend" will not "stand by you" no matter what you do. That is NOT a friend. That is an enabler. That is an accomplice.
A REAL friend will sit you down and tell you to your face to stop being a firetrucking idiot before you ruin your life and the lives of those around you.

#31: February 27, 2020, 12:21:44 AM
An Error Has Occurred!

This is fixed.  For reasons unknown, some needed php modules were not selected and mime type check on avatars was not working.  It affected all members.  Crocweb support reset to default and we're good.

Yep. I was able to modify my profile info this morning (my time) without a problem...

And the reaction time of everything is blazingly fast compared to what it was...
Me - 56, xW - 50
S - 13, D - 9
2 Dogs
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015

Site Map

#32: February 27, 2020, 02:02:58 AM
If this is how the forum is supposed to look then it’s awful on my phone! Hard to use and hard to read. Not a good new layout at all!

Everything is just on top of each other and it’s so hard to use and read as a result!

X

#33: February 27, 2020, 03:01:04 AM
If this is how the forum is supposed to look then it’s awful on my phone! Hard to use and hard to read. Not a good new layout at all!

Everything is just on top of each other and it’s so hard to use and read as a result!

X

I just got a PN from HelpingMe that basically said the same thing about not being able to get to messages or the threads on his phone....
Me - 56, xW - 50
S - 13, D - 9
2 Dogs
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015

Site Map

H
#34: February 27, 2020, 03:58:29 AM
I changed it like you said UM.  Back to normal, ha.
Thanks.

#35: February 27, 2020, 04:30:25 AM
Thank you UM for sorting it for me! You’re very clever and I, on the other hand, am hopeless with technical stuff

Have a good day

X

#36: February 27, 2020, 04:39:50 AM
Another 2 phone users back to Curve....  and now happy...
Me - 56, xW - 50
S - 13, D - 9
2 Dogs
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015

Site Map

#37: February 27, 2020, 09:41:20 AM
I’ve just noticed that unless I actually log in properly then the site is still appearing weirdly on my phone!

Has anyone else got this problem?

X

• Administrator
#38: February 27, 2020, 12:56:57 PM
I’ve just noticed that unless I actually log in properly then the site is still appearing weirdly on my phone!

X

Well if you don't log in then the settings in your profile will not be applied to the site.

Best to log on IMHO

S
  • Administrator
#39: February 27, 2020, 02:38:47 PM

I put you back on Curve Multi Color, basic layout should be the same as it's always been.  Page numbers in this topic are displayed as Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All], which is correct.

The new theme is responsive, the layout is different depending on the size screen you're viewing it on.  Elements are stacked vertically in phone view so they can be displayed at a readable size.  The major difference between pc and phone view is you're taking a fullsize landscape view theme and squeezing it into a small portrait view display.  You're basically trying to fit ten pounds of stuff into a one pound bag, it involves a lot of compromises.  What isn't clear to me is how anyone is seeing the old theme (Curve Multi Color) on a phone.  It's not responsive, and in FF phone emulations it's displayed as a tiny version of the pc theme.

If you're a guest (not logged in) you see the forum default theme (new theme).  When you log in, you see the default theme unless you've selected a different one in your Profile.  If you're not logged in, forum doesn't know who you are, or that you've selected an alternate theme.

S
  • Administrator
#40: February 27, 2020, 02:58:14 PM
Well, here ya go.  I've installed a mod that adds a dropmenu up top that lets you select a theme from the three currently available.  It's top right in pc view, top middle in phone view.  The theme setting is retained in your profile until you change it, or until admin resets everyone to one theme.

#41: February 27, 2020, 11:16:38 PM
Really sorry but I don’t understand all this technical talk!

If I don’t log in then the forum is very hard to read and use!

If I log in it looks normal on my phone!

It’s a nuisance as I don’t always want to log in or don’t have the time and as I said without logging in the site is unuseable for me!

It’s not good telling me all the technical lingo as I don’t understand it!

X

#42: February 28, 2020, 01:04:28 AM

It’s a nuisance as I don’t always want to log in or don’t have the time and as I said without logging in the site is unuseable for me!

X

One option for you might to be to stay logged in on your phone.... Then your settings are always there. If you log out, you will see the new scheme by default.
Me - 56, xW - 50
S - 13, D - 9
2 Dogs
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015

Site Map

S
  • Strength and honour are her clothing;
#43: February 28, 2020, 01:04:49 AM

I'm not quite sure if you are saying that you don't know how to change the look and layout of the screen?  If you do then it is quite easy to do certainly on a laptop but I rarely use my phone - too fiddly for me so cannot help you there.
BD march 2013
Stay at home MLCer
OW for 3.5 years - finishing Autumn 2016
Reconnection started 2017 through 2018.
2019 is the year of Decisions!

#44: February 28, 2020, 08:00:40 AM
If people stay logged in, on the old platform we would get messages that the system had reached it's limit..if people stayed logged in, would that not cause a problem for others to get on?

#45: February 28, 2020, 08:03:13 AM
If people stay logged in, on the old platform we would get messages that the system had reached it's limit..if people stayed logged in, would that not cause a problem for others to get on?

I think that was more of a platform problem than a forum problem. 500-600 people logged in should be a walk in the park....
Me - 56, xW - 50
S - 13, D - 9
2 Dogs
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015

Site Map

#47: February 28, 2020, 08:10:37 AM
I have always stayed logged in, too.

S
  • Administrator
#48: February 28, 2020, 09:52:01 AM
The old server would occasionally display a white page with message that resources were exceeded.  That has nothing to do with users logged in, and shouldn't happen on any decent server.  AFAIK, there is no limit to how many users can be logged on.

There are currently three themes installed on the forum, they each present the same content with a different look. 

- Curve is the main theme that's included in the software, it's not responsive and won't look or work well on a phone. 

- Curve Multi Color is the theme MLC has been using for a while, it's based on Curve and includes color variants, you've been seeing the green version.  It's also not responsive. 

- Ant's Mutant Curve is a recent redesign of Curve that is fully responsive, that's why we're trying it here.  I've recolored it to match CMC green.

Admin selects which theme is default, that's what guests see (you're a guest when not logged in), and members who have not opted for a different theme.  Members can select a different theme in their Profile, checking your account I see you've done that.  When you're logged in, the forum knows who you are and uses the theme you've selected (Curve Multi Color).  When you're logged out you're a guest, forum doesn't know who you are and has no know way of knowing you've selected a different them, so you see the default theme (Mutant Curve). 

Yesterday I added a dropmenu up top that allows you to select one of the three themes.  It's supposed to change the profile setting and was when I tested it, but today it's not.  It changes theme for current session but reverts to default when you logout/login.  Am looking into that.

S
  • Administrator
#49: February 28, 2020, 11:17:55 PM
I've removed the theme changer mod, it wasn't working as intended, and cobbled together a 'Choose a Theme' button (top left) to each of the three installed themes.  Click on the button, it takes you directly to the page in Profile where you can change your theme.  Cleaned it up a bit and updated the thumbnails to make it simpler to use.  When you select a theme it updates your preference and you will always see that theme when you're logged in.  The button is not visible to guests, it disappears when you log out to prevent a lot of errors from guests, bots, and spiders. 

S
  • Administrator
#50: March 01, 2020, 02:43:16 PM
Working on a few things that require resetting everyone to same theme. You can reselect the theme you prefer with the button upper left.  Should be done in a day or two.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2020, 04:27:42 PM by Sir Osis »

#51: March 01, 2020, 05:26:10 PM
Yes I had to reset it again, but it is working fine.

A
#52: March 02, 2020, 11:26:34 AM
When I go to edit, all the m-hyphens and quotation marks appear as %u2019, or some such.
And, the menu for font size etc disappears.
Live-in MLCer
Feb 2015: BD.  H has a Nuclear meltdown. 
Oct 2015: ILYBIANILWY.
Apr 2016: Affair discovered
Dec 2017: Seriously reconnecting

• Administrator
  • Administrator
    • The Hero's Spouse
#53: March 02, 2020, 01:32:30 PM
When I go to edit, all the m-hyphens and quotation marks appear as %u2019, or some such.
I noticed this when reading a few posts.
So it was only happening in edit?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 06:47:24 PM by Sir Osis »

S
  • Administrator
#54: March 02, 2020, 06:52:18 PM
Not seeing this.  Link to a post that has it?

• Administrator
  • Administrator
    • The Hero's Spouse
#55: March 02, 2020, 07:41:13 PM
Here's an example.
Mitz

I have lost weight, although Im not convinced that is  necessarily a good thing, because it was/is all LBS-diet. (?!)
I know there are no guarantees for reconciliation.  But it was words that came out of XHs own mouth that made me realize I need to do this, or to die trying.  Because I will never regret going to my grave having done exactly what I%u2019d promised to do.  And to live, and to die, with integrity.
I choose to live this way for me, but more for S16.  It is of utmost importance to set an example - one of commitment.  That will make this all worth it.
Again - I pray that my family will be in awe and not just crazy.

S
  • Administrator
#56: March 02, 2020, 08:46:26 PM
I would guess that the post was typed in a word processor and copied into the post editor.  This will sometimes include characters or formatting codes that the editor won't recognize.  %u2019 is a unicode character code (right single quotation mark).  Posts must be plain text.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 08:54:30 PM by Sir Osis »

#57: March 02, 2020, 11:55:44 PM
I would guess that the post was typed in a word processor and copied into the post editor.  This will sometimes include characters or formatting codes that the editor won't recognize.  %u2019 is a unicode character code (right single quotation mark).  Posts must be plain text.

I had several back and forth PM's with Acorn on this too trying to weed this down. She uses an iPad to post but the Word Processor/Text Editor issue with Unicode is the likely culprit.....

For those interested, for example, the "New Paragraph" formatting command in the French version of MS Word is <Ctrl-P>  If you open a long French Document in an English or German version of word and have Visual Basic Macros enabled, your printer will start spitting pages at you because in nearly ALL other versions of MS Word, <Ctrl-P> is the Keyboard shortcut to "Print." (Experience is a hard teacher sometimes  ;) )
Me - 56, xW - 50
S - 13, D - 9
2 Dogs
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015

Site Map

#58: March 03, 2020, 07:05:57 AM
OK, Voila! We have a winner.....
Sir, the Inline Editor is doing the conversion to Unicode... If one edits an existing post.... it is converting certain things to Unicode... See Below...

In the original post below (which I killed - Sorry Acorn) Acorn put a cute little Heart Emoji at the end. I wanted to do a test so I clicked in "Edit Inline" and PRESTO! the heart is replaced by Unicode without me doing anything....   I think we found a culprit...

I forgot to acknowledge and thank all the people who have posted on my thread in recent days. 
How rude of me!  I apologize.

THANK YOU! %u2764%uFE0F

Sorry! I killed your heart by accident!  BUT... It does give a HUGE clue to the Gobbledygook problem..... Oh Sir Osis!
Me - 56, xW - 50
S - 13, D - 9
2 Dogs
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015

Site Map

• Administrator
  • Administrator
    • The Hero's Spouse
#59: March 03, 2020, 11:41:49 AM
I knew it was some sort of unicode thing only because I used to have it happen to me in Arachnophilia when I copy and pasted.
Acorn had said it happened when she was editing.
Is only the in-line edit that does it?

#60: March 03, 2020, 12:52:11 PM
I knew it was some sort of unicode thing only because I used to have it happen to me in Arachnophilia when I copy and pasted.
Acorn had said it happened when she was editing.
Is only the in-line edit that does it?

It appears to be. Acorn also noted it happened when she edited her post but not in the original... I went to one of her posts and it was fine but as soon as I tried to use the in-line editor, the Unicode showed up without me doing anything but activating the editor.
Me - 56, xW - 50
S - 13, D - 9
2 Dogs
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015

Site Map

S
  • Administrator
#61: March 03, 2020, 01:52:04 PM
I can't replicate it.  If I post unicode text from wordpad it doesn't happen.  Don't remember seeing this reported in support, seems like a one-off.

#62: March 04, 2020, 08:19:00 AM
I can't replicate it.  If I post unicode text from wordpad it doesn't happen.  Don't remember seeing this reported in support, seems like a one-off.

I just tried doing the same thing to your post that caused the Unicode to show up in Acorn's and it didn't happen... Something is odd but it doesn't seem to be what I thought it was...
Me - 56, xW - 50
S - 13, D - 9
2 Dogs
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015

Site Map

• Administrator
  • Administrator
    • The Hero's Spouse
#63: March 04, 2020, 08:21:42 AM
LOL! I did the exact same thing yesterday with his post and couldn't replicate it either. Pretty strange.

I just tried doing the same thing to your post that caused the Unicode to show up in Acorn's and it didn't happen... Something is odd but it doesn't seem to be what I thought it was...

#64: March 04, 2020, 08:30:24 AM
It seems to be specific to Acorn's posts....

I just tested.  My heart is still beating, though you %u2018killed%u2019 it, UM!   ;D ;D ;D

I tried an in-line edit on her post and the single quotes got turned into UniCode (see above) but I was able to edit that and put the single quotes back in. I also tried the inline edit on Treasur's post in Acorn's thread to isolate it to Thread or User  and it did NOT happen so it appears it is a User issue... Something in her settings somewhere? She said she is posting from an iPad...

This is really turning into some detective work...
Me - 56, xW - 50
S - 13, D - 9
2 Dogs
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015

Site Map

S
  • Administrator
#65: March 04, 2020, 08:33:50 AM
Don't think it has anything to do with forum.  Most likely it's something specific to the text editor Acorn is using.

#66: March 04, 2020, 08:42:37 AM
Don't think it has anything to do with forum.  Most likely it's something specific to the text editor Acorn is using.

I've got it.... (I think).....   Acorn uses the single left and right quote marks....  often.  That is what appears to get converted to Unicode.  I just went to one of her posts on a totally different thread where she had set off terms with the left and right single quote (UniCode %u2018 and %u2019) and did an inline edit. As soon as I saved the post (without changing it, just opening it in the inline editor and saving it again) the Unicode appeared.  I went back in and changed the Unicode back into single "normal" straight quotes and it is fine... It looks like the In-Line Editor doesn't like those particular 'symbols' (just like it didn't like her Apple Heart Emoji) and replaces the symbol with UniCode... In fact, it could be that the In-Line Editor doesn't recognize them as "characters " but rather as 'Symbols'  We, don't SEE the difference on the screen as the font is converted to the Forum Default in the initial post but as soon as the inline editor is invoked,... It tosses a wobbly....

Later edit: OK, I have also seen an example from XYZCF as well where the intiial post was fine and when she edited it ("Last Edit at <time> by xyzcf")  the UniCode appeared in place of the single quotes... So, if this is the case and she answers my PM with what I suspect she will, it is an Apple "character substitution" issue where the Left and right quotes replace the single apostrophe in the text editor....

Later later edit - As I suspected, XYZCF is posting fron her iPhone (Apple Device). It is an Apple specific issue with the single quotes being transformed into single open left (%u2018) and single close right (%u2019) marks.

The old forum installation didn't do this. I don't see that this has anything to do with Themes per se but, for example, in the new installation, the "edit" function is vastly different - no preview any more, the way the edit screen opens is different, and there are no longer any Emoji or formatting options shown.....
« Last Edit: March 04, 2020, 10:47:49 AM by UrsaMajor »
Me - 56, xW - 50
S - 13, D - 9
2 Dogs
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015

Site Map

S
  • Administrator
#67: March 04, 2020, 05:54:24 PM
Can you switch to default Curve and see if you can replicate it there?  AFAIK post editor is the same in all themes, only presentation is different.  There was a glitch that was occasionally reported involving a windows character (maybe backtick or grave accent?) that looks like a single quote but isn't, and it borks the post editor.   Don't remember enough about it to find it.  The solution is to use single or double quote, which are on same key in pc keyboard.

#68: March 05, 2020, 03:55:20 AM
Can you switch to default Curve and see if you can replicate it there?  AFAIK post editor is the same in all themes, only presentation is different.  There was a glitch that was occasionally reported involving a windows character (maybe backtick or grave accent?) that looks like a single quote but isn't, and it borks the post editor.   Don't remember enough about it to find it.  The solution is to use single or double quote, which are on same key in pc keyboard.

The Default Curve theme doesn't act the same as the Ant theme.

For example, instead of "Modify Inline" one has a button to "Modify" which seems to open the existing post in the "normal" looking post window with all the same options like "Preview," etc.

It also doesn't appear to substitute UniCode....

Just the Default Curve Theme is an eyeball killer of greys
« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 03:56:52 AM by UrsaMajor »
Me - 56, xW - 50
S - 13, D - 9
2 Dogs
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015

Site Map

• Administrator
  • Administrator
    • The Hero's Spouse
#69: March 05, 2020, 09:51:47 AM
My example from the other day was from Mego which is where Ihad first noticed it.
Mitz

I have lost weight, although Im not convinced that is  necessarily a good thing, because it was/is all LBS-diet. (?!)
I know there are no guarantees for reconciliation.  But it was words that came out of XHs own mouth that made me realize I need to do this, or to die trying.  Because I will never regret going to my grave having done exactly what I%u2019d promised to do.  And to live, and to die, with integrity.
I choose to live this way for me, but more for S16.  It is of utmost importance to set an example - one of commitment.  That will make this all worth it.
Again - I pray that my family will be in awe and not just crazy.

S
  • Administrator
#70: March 05, 2020, 01:19:29 PM
In default Curve there's an edit button lower right in post window that loads inline editor, should work the same as Mutant Curve.  Underlying machinery is the same.

Forum rebuild
#71: March 05, 2020, 04:42:05 PM
I just saw a similar strand of it in ReadytoTransform's thread. 
M-41
H-43
S-19
D-17
S-14
Friends 7y before M
Married 14y
BD 12/14/15 - 2 weeks after 14th anniv.
Divorce final 4/13/16
EA - 9/15-4/16
New GF 12/16
Engaged 6/17 (I found out 8/10/17)
Moved to her State 4 States away - 7/13/17
Eng. off 8/20/17
Moved back to our State 8/24/17
Has several dating profiles on POF and another but no major signs of anything new.

Link to my journey: 
https://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=11404.0

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass - it's about learning to dance in the rain."

"Don't become a container for bitterness.  It's a toxin that destroys what it's carried in."

"Sometimes - some things have to break apart so better things can be built."

"If we don't take time to heal, we will bleed on people who didn't cut us."

#72: March 05, 2020, 05:54:38 PM

Yep, and just to give you guys the info, it was fine when I first posted, but I edited to add more information, and now my apostrophe in a prior sentence is the weird numeric code. I didn't use any sort of editor, just added more text directly in the browser window.
"Unconditional love is the highest of high standards, and while we are letting go of our need to control the process of anyone else, we are taking within our lives complete accountability for our own experience."

http://seriousvanity.com/how-to-cultivate-unconditional-love-and-change-the-world/

#73: March 06, 2020, 12:02:33 AM
In default Curve there's an edit button lower right in post window that loads inline editor, should work the same as Mutant Curve.  Underlying machinery is the same.

Sorry but..... (The links open to Screen Shots) There is a difference between the SMF Default and the Ant Mutant (New) Theme

In the SMF Default Curve Theme, it looks like this
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1pk0Nd6GnU0UnKDmonAQEUK0kkSWbaeMb

In the Ant Mutant (new responsive theme) it looks like this one
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1dYRPBH-d1Mggjk7oY1v4p1la3NB_uF-f
Me - 56, xW - 50
S - 13, D - 9
2 Dogs
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015

Site Map

#74: March 06, 2020, 12:03:03 AM

Yep, and just to give you guys the info, it was fine when I first posted, but I edited to add more information, and now my apostrophe in a prior sentence is the weird numeric code. I didn't use any sort of editor, just added more text directly in the browser window.

Are you using an Apple device?
Me - 56, xW - 50
S - 13, D - 9
2 Dogs
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015

Site Map

• Administrator
#75: March 06, 2020, 07:23:28 AM
So Sir Osis

Is there any way to stay logged on, the system logs me off now and I do not see the option to remain logged on.

Am I missing it?

#76: March 06, 2020, 08:15:58 AM
Are you using an Apple device?

Nope. Using Firefox on PC desktop.
"Unconditional love is the highest of high standards, and while we are letting go of our need to control the process of anyone else, we are taking within our lives complete accountability for our own experience."

http://seriousvanity.com/how-to-cultivate-unconditional-love-and-change-the-world/

• Administrator
  • Administrator
    • The Hero's Spouse
#77: March 06, 2020, 08:52:24 AM
So Sir Osis

Is there any way to stay logged on, the system logs me off now and I do not see the option to remain logged on.

Am I missing it?
Me too. Once it did take me to a page where the option was selected...I think it wasnot recongizing my password which is why It took me to the other page. But even then I got logged out again after a few days--but it saved me for a while.

S
  • Administrator
#78: March 06, 2020, 09:29:24 AM
Sorry but..... (The links open to Screen Shots) There is a difference between the SMF Default and the Ant Mutant (New) Theme

Don't see the editor in either screenshot.  It's the same in both themes, just the buttons are in different locations.  The editor is not in the template, it's either in a source file or js.  Themes basically just modify templates, css, and images.

All logins should be forever, will check the code tonight to confirm that.  Are you using header login or login window? 

Just looked, header login is set for forever, login window has session length option, default is 60 minutes.  I'll remove that and make it forever.  Which are you using?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2020, 05:12:11 AM by UrsaMajor »

#79: March 06, 2020, 09:36:48 AM
I had that problem maybe 2 or 3 times, being logged out, but it's been fine ever since.
I stay logged on now.

• Administrator
#80: March 06, 2020, 11:01:26 AM
All logins should be forever, will check the code tonight to confirm that.  Are you using header login or login window? 

Just looked, header login is set for forever, login window has session length option, default is 60 minutes.  I'll remove that and make it forever.  Which are you using?
I have tried both of them - as of just now - with the same result - I am logged out as soon as I close the window.

S
  • Administrator
#81: March 06, 2020, 06:56:57 PM
Which browser are you using?  Can you try a different one?

• Administrator

• Administrator
  • Administrator
    • The Hero's Spouse
#83: March 07, 2020, 06:57:33 AM
As for me, I'll let you know after a few days regarding begin logged outl.
I am using the AVG protected Chrome. It keeps me logged in for a few days and then logs me out. I use the login at the top left on the index. I only get to the screen with a fuller form in the middle of the page if I make a mistake--wrong name or p-word. It has recently been defaulting to my entire email address which is not correct here and I can't see the entire thing, so it looks correct!

S
  • Administrator
#84: March 07, 2020, 04:08:27 PM
Which browser are you using?  Can you try a different one?

Interesting - yeah that fixed it.

Might of had a corrupt cookie.  Clearing history should get rid of it.

#85: March 09, 2020, 05:16:33 AM

Don't see the editor in either screenshot.  It's the same in both themes, just the buttons are in different locations.  The editor is not in the template, it's either in a source file or js.  Themes basically just modify templates, css, and images.

OK.... Here you are.... Both trying to modify an existing post (this one)
Inline Editor in Ant https://drive.google.com/open?id=1i1UU-ywOlS8B7q9buoVv9GEF60gqULz3

Editor in Default SMF https://drive.google.com/open?id=1FTQ2gQQiCN9ygnvyvcO8jnmGLPU8ra0c
Me - 56, xW - 50
S - 13, D - 9
2 Dogs
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015

Site Map

S
  • Administrator
#86: March 09, 2020, 10:02:37 AM
For reasons unknown, am unable to post images with external links.  See attached.

#87: March 10, 2020, 06:32:59 AM
OK, then what is THIS button (circled in the upper right) for. I expect that most will use this button to edit their own posts as it is labelled rather than the unlabelled button in the lower right... That button (upper right) is the one I used to try to modify posts...
Me - 56, xW - 50
S - 13, D - 9
2 Dogs
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015

Site Map

S
  • Administrator
#88: March 10, 2020, 01:48:42 PM
The Modify button takes you to the post editor (different page).  Inline editor opens an edit window in the post itself.  Mutant Curve has the Modify button in the More Options dropdown.  There's a lot of duplication in SMF templates (multiple search features, logins, etc.), I think because devs had different ideas and no one could decide which was best, so they did both.  Adds a lot of clutter, I've removed some of it in themes I've used on my own forums.  Some of these things are to accommodate the many different mobile displays.

#89: March 11, 2020, 04:44:40 AM
The Modify button takes you to the post editor (different page).  Inline editor opens an edit window in the post itself.  Mutant Curve has the Modify button in the More Options dropdown.  There's a lot of duplication in SMF templates (multiple search features, logins, etc.), I think because devs had different ideas and no one could decide which was best, so they did both.  Adds a lot of clutter, I've removed some of it in themes I've used on my own forums.  Some of these things are to accommodate the many different mobile displays.

OK... From what bits of "evidence" I have been able to put together so far, the Post Editor seems to handle the single left and right quotes OK. the Inline editor seems to munge them into UniCode. What I have also noticed is that, for example, I am using an "English - International" keyboard setting and the single quotes are straight (like an apostrophe). The ones that get munged are the 'real' left and right single quotes (maybe because it is a Serif font initially? SWAG here) but that also doesn't seem right as TNR (which one can select from the Editor is also a serif'd font.... I had thought it might be specific to Apple devices as many that were seeing the UniCode had initially posted from an Apple device but then R2T (I think) shot THAT theory down as she was using FF on a PC....

Quite the "Whodunit"

Later addition: For what it is worth, I have just verified that the Post Editor
Quote from: Sir Osis
The Modify button takes you to the post editor (different page)

does NOT munge the stuff (including various emojis) into UniCode but the Inline Editor does (Checked on "Melinda's" thread and had to edit her first post massively as all the quote marks turned into UniCode when all I wanted to do was to put in a few line breaks)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 05:52:15 AM by UrsaMajor »
Me - 56, xW - 50
S - 13, D - 9
2 Dogs
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015

Site Map

S
  • Administrator
#90: March 11, 2020, 09:26:29 AM
Are you able to make an original post with the unicode glitch?  How exactly?

#91: March 12, 2020, 03:41:48 AM
Are you able to make an original post with the unicode glitch?  How exactly?

No, ONLY if a post is edited with the Inline Editor does it glitch
Me - 56, xW - 50
S - 13, D - 9
2 Dogs
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015

Site Map

S
  • Administrator
Forum rebuild
#92: March 12, 2020, 01:57:51 PM
Might have found the problem.  Database tables were a mix of latin1_swedish_ci and utf8_general_ci, forum language was set to english ISO-8859-1.  I've converted all tables to utf8 and installed english UTF-8 language pack.  See if that fixes the glitch.

Forum rebuild
#93: March 13, 2020, 07:54:20 AM
Might have found the problem.  Database tables were a mix of latin1_swedish_ci and utf8_general_ci, forum language was set to english ISO-8859-1.  I've converted all tables to utf8 and installed english UTF-8 language pack.  See if that fixes the glitch.

Nope..... See the post below. It was fine until I did an in-line edit... Then Unicode...

Quote from: Melinda
I forgot to also mention that also when he was probably already cheating prior to me making him leave Nov 2019; that he was not emotionally there for me when my mom passed away in August 2019. My best dog friend passed away January 2019 as well. Let%u2019s see 2019 again; my dog passed in Jan, my mom got sick in May, passed in August, we spread her ashes late September, husband admitted to affair nov 3 and that was his exit date. 2019 was definitely NOT a good year%uD83D%uDC4E%uD83C%uDFFB.
Me - 56, xW - 50
S - 13, D - 9
2 Dogs
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015

Site Map

S
  • Administrator
Forum rebuild
#94: March 13, 2020, 09:49:55 AM
Don't know how you're doing that, I can't replicate the problem.  If I go to the original post, open/save in inline editor, nothing changes.  Did you already fix it?  Can you point me to a post that has unicode character that hasn't been fixed?

Forum rebuild
#95: March 17, 2020, 05:09:32 AM
Don't know how you're doing that, I can't replicate the problem.  If I go to the original post, open/save in inline editor, nothing changes.  Did you already fix it?  Can you point me to a post that has unicode character that hasn't been fixed?

Yep, I sure can and it looks like it hasn't been edited at all

Oh goodness!  I%u2019m sorry about Disney!

We are in FL and have had a couple of deaths in my town and it%u2019s still not that strict here yet.  No curfew, many restaurants still open.  Even church is still going on, though the grocery store shelves are bare.

I%u2019m glad you see their relationship for exactly what it is...

Running into the OW is no fun.  I saw my h%u2019s ex OW the other day at the hospital where they both work(we all use the military hospital for clinics as well).  Its definitely awkward.

At least you%u2019ve gotten a lot done at home!

I edited it to be correct https://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=11284.46
Me - 56, xW - 50
S - 13, D - 9
2 Dogs
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015

Site Map

S
  • Administrator
#96: March 17, 2020, 01:46:32 PM
Not seeing unicode codes in that post as is or in inline editor, single quotes display correctly.

#97: March 18, 2020, 08:29:57 AM
Not seeing unicode codes in that post as is or in inline editor, single quotes display correctly.

Yeah. That is because I fixed it after I messed it up... I'll see if I can find a post with the UniCode and NOT touch it... Sorry....

Take a look at the last line (after the quoted block) in post 47 in this thread https://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=11329  When I clicked the inline edit, I got UniCode but when I cancelled the edit, it appeared as a sigle quote again
« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 08:35:53 AM by UrsaMajor »
Me - 56, xW - 50
S - 13, D - 9
2 Dogs
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015

Site Map

S
  • Administrator
#98: March 18, 2020, 06:46:27 PM
I'm not seeing it.  Screenshot?

Forum rebuild
#99: March 19, 2020, 03:02:42 AM
Here you are

And it DID change to UniCode when I used the inline edit....

And here in this thread https://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=10460.130 after post 137(?) in the Subject there is UniCode displayed
« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 05:24:27 AM by UrsaMajor »
Me - 56, xW - 50
S - 13, D - 9
2 Dogs
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015

Site Map

S
  • Administrator
#100: March 19, 2020, 01:36:19 PM
Ok, I loaded next reply (#138) into inline editor, two bullets in subject converted to unicode %u2022 after saving.  Doesn't happen in post editor, and I can replace bullets •• there and they display correctly.  Will see if I can replicate on test install.

S
  • Administrator
#101: March 19, 2020, 01:59:29 PM
This is a known bug, was reported in Jan, fix is posted here.  There are two options:

- I can edit script.js and hope one of us remembers to revert before upgrading to 2.0.18, whenever it's released.

- I can remove inline edit button from theme templates.

#102: March 20, 2020, 03:54:15 AM
This is a known bug, was reported in Jan, fix is posted here.  There are two options:

- I can edit script.js and hope one of us remembers to revert before upgrading to 2.0.18, whenever it's released.

- I can remove inline edit button from theme templates.

Cool!  LOTS of detective work but we (you) isolated the issue. It is RCR's board but, as an IT gut, I would simply remove the button for now. That is the solution that works around the issue but doesn't create a time bomb when (NOT IF) the revisions are forgotten and the upgrade is rolled out. It seems to be easier to put the button back into the template after the upgrade, isn't it?
Me - 56, xW - 50
S - 13, D - 9
2 Dogs
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015

Site Map

S
  • Administrator
#103: March 20, 2020, 10:15:53 AM
Button would have to be removed in the three active themes, not a big deal.  I never use inline edit, but obviously it's sometimes used here.  Really depends on how much of a nuisance the glitch is.

#104: March 23, 2020, 03:51:55 AM
Button would have to be removed in the three active themes, not a big deal.  I never use inline edit, but obviously it's sometimes used here.  Really depends on how much of a nuisance the glitch is.

I don't use the inline edit either but I have had several posters complaining about the UniCode so I guess that enough people use it... and it is obvious when it does hit...
Me - 56, xW - 50
S - 13, D - 9
2 Dogs
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015

Site Map

S
  • Administrator
#105: March 23, 2020, 09:49:50 AM
The posts can be fixed easily enough in reply editor, maybe just a matter of informing those using inline editor when it happens.  Or I can remove the button, up to you guys.

• Administrator
  • Administrator
    • The Hero's Spouse
Forum rebuild
#106: March 24, 2020, 04:28:00 PM
Let's just remove it.
Thanks.

S
  • Administrator
#107: March 25, 2020, 10:28:08 AM
Done.  Check it on phone.

Forum rebuild
#108: March 29, 2020, 12:55:41 AM
I just got a certificate expired  message. Thought I'd mention it in case it was anything real.

S
  • Strength and honour are her clothing;
#109: March 29, 2020, 02:25:51 AM
Me too.  Keeps stopping me from accessing you as the site is declared unsafe and my account is open to hackers and attackers.
BD march 2013
Stay at home MLCer
OW for 3.5 years - finishing Autumn 2016
Reconnection started 2017 through 2018.
2019 is the year of Decisions!

#110: March 29, 2020, 06:44:55 AM
Same here.

M
#111: March 29, 2020, 06:53:07 AM
Ditto.

S
  • Administrator
#112: March 29, 2020, 02:42:14 PM
SSL certificate expired today, must have carried over from previous host.  Put in support ticket with Crocweb.

S
  • Administrator
#113: March 29, 2020, 03:34:00 PM
Ok, should be good now.  Installed new certificates for this domain and a couple others that were expired or about to expire.

#114: March 29, 2020, 03:53:18 PM
Thank you.   :)

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.