Skip to main content

Author Topic: My Story Keep Your Head Up

• You can't please everyone. You are NOT a pizza!
My Story Re: Keep Your Head Up
#10: March 09, 2020, 04:58:04 AM
So, FW, you trying to tell me I have at least 2 more YEARS of the

Me: "Do you have any homework?"
S12: "No, I did it all already."
Me: "Oh! When?"
S12: "After school at mom's"
Me:  "Great! Show me. We can go through it together..."
S12: : "Uhhhmmmm... I left it at her house."
Me: "You realize that you are going directly to school from here (my house) tomorrow like always, right? How did you intend to get the homework before school?"
S12: "OK. Fine! I'll just do it over."<stomping off>
Me: "OK, let me know when you are done and we'll go over it..."

nonsense?

Me - 57, xW - 50
Together 19 years - Married 17 at separation & 21 at D-Day
S - 13, D - 9
2 Dogs
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015
House sold & separated - Mar 2016
Divorce final 30 August 2019

Survival Instructions for Newbies
Site Map

A "friend" will not "stand by you" no matter what you do. That is NOT a friend. That is an enabler. That is an accomplice.
A REAL friend will sit you down and tell you to your face to stop being a firetrucking idiot before you ruin your life and the lives of those around you.

s
Keep Your Head Up
#11: March 09, 2020, 06:31:50 AM
The dreaded FAFSA......oh, how I remember those days! 

I really like the FB group idea.  There are times when I could sure use a group like that.   

You are one busy lady, FW!
BD: 1/1/16
Together 15 years - married 7 years
His divorce final 7/26/16
Married the OW

After all, tomorrow is another day.

Keep Your Head Up
#12: March 09, 2020, 07:49:53 PM
Very true on all points Treasur

SB, maybe you should start a group of your own, if you have some like-minded people to share it with?

UM, sorry, but it does look like maybe at least 2 more years or more depending on how long it takes him to mature. Teenagers!
M-42
H-44
S-20 (mine)
D-18 (ours)
S-15 (ours)
Friends 7y before M
Married 14y
BD 12/14/15 - 2 weeks after 14th anniv.
Divorce final 4/13/16
EA - 9/15-4/16
New GF 12/16
Engaged 6/17 (I found out 8/10/17)
Moved to her State 4 States away - 7/13/17 (told me 4 days before)
Eng. off 8/20/17
Moved back to our State 8/24/17
New GF 2/29/20 (Told me 4/22/20)
Marrying her 4/24/20 (Told me 4/22/20)

Link to my journey: 
https://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=11404.0

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass - it's about learning to dance in the rain."

"Don't become a container for bitterness.  It's a toxin that destroys what it's carried in."

"Sometimes - some things have to break apart so better things can be built."

Keep Your Head Up
#13: March 09, 2020, 08:05:19 PM
Put in my regular grocery order.  Get the text that my order is ready and surprise, surprise, they are out of my tp, water and bleach so that is not included in my order.  I needed the bleach for my load of whites, and tp was getting low but not out completely.  Alright, who is hoarding all the tp and what is the point?!

In a positive turn, a 100 year old chinese man was released from the hospital today from the most impacted area of china (along with 80 others) having survived the corona virus.  He has alzheimers, hypertension and congestive heart failure.  That was such a heart warming story to hear!

My day has consisted of dealing with school of choice parents.  Okay, no one was thinking of poor FW when they decided school of choice should be on a Monday after time change.  1 cup of coffee  wasn't cutting it!  It was sheer craziness on the phones today.  Also heard from a 60 year old man that demanded we close the schools down today.  There isn't any confirmed cases on our side of CO yet, and we start our Spring break on Thursday.  I love how everyone decides that the first person they reach at the district makes the decisions or they decide to yell at me because I am the voice of the district.  Eh, all in the days work.  The Superintendent did decide to cancel all school related travel for the month of March today though.  It was at the end of the day so we shall see how the phones go tomorrow.

We had to shut down our district for noro-virus before Thanksgiving.  It was on the news and there were some pretty insane calls then.  The worst was the guy from a different state that called and said the reason we had noro virus is because we are letting dirty mexicans into our country and that in his opinion all democrats should die.  He hung up the phone then which was nice because then I didn't have to come up with any sort of response to his extreme views.  Noro virus actually came through our band kids that had gone on a trip to Colorado Springs and rubbed elbows with the airforce base that had noro virus.  Or so the story goes.  We did try to stay ahead of the virus but it was fast traveling with those kids and now everyone seems to think that corona will be the same way.  I did read that less than 2% of those affected are kids, but so glad that I'm not the one that has to make the decision of whether to close or not to close.

I did see photos of some photographers at a super market that had cleaned the shelves off and piled the items up behind them before doing their news story so it makes me wonder if the media is feeding the frenzy.

I got the flu for 8 days 2 years ago and quarantined myself in my bedroom.  None of the kids got it from me so I guess I did a pretty good job quarantining.  I do feel for the elderly and immuno compromised who are most at risk.  But was happy to hear that 100 year old man is doing well after contracting it.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2020, 08:07:43 PM by FaithWalker »
M-42
H-44
S-20 (mine)
D-18 (ours)
S-15 (ours)
Friends 7y before M
Married 14y
Divorce final 4/13/16
EA - 9/15-4/16
New GF 12/16
Eng. off 8/20/17

Link to my journey: 

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass - it's about learning to dance in the rain."

"Don't become a container for bitterness.  It's a toxin that destroys what it's carried in."

M
Re: Keep Your Head Up
#14: March 09, 2020, 09:19:39 PM
I keep telling people that, according to the news, roughly ninety thousand Chinese have gotten sick with the Coronavirus. That means that roughly one billion, 399 million, 910 thousand Chinese have not gotten sick with the Coronavirus. I haven't seen that fact mentioned any where. ::) ::) ::)

Guess I'd better go look for a store that still has TP in stock!

m
#15: March 10, 2020, 03:07:26 AM
Irrational fear is a hallmark of modern human psyche. It’s as if our survival mechanisms, not having real lions and tigers to deal with, redirect to daily stressors and will latch on to things to find to “panic.” Now it’s a mild virus helped by truly terrible and sensationalistic news outlets.

I think people are hoarding TP to throw at the zombies when the zombie apocalypse comes....

M
#16: March 10, 2020, 07:47:11 AM
Twice during the past week I've transported a guy who went to a doctor last August with a small bump on his neck and was told that he has advanced T-Cell Lymphoma. Chemo isn't working and he doesn't expect to live for much longer. He's two years older than me.

Compared with that, all this panic over Coronavirus seems a bit silly. Unfortunately, he is one of the people who has a valid reason to be concerned about the Cornonavirus but he has more immediate things to worry about.

BTW, this morning I learned that the first diagnosed case of Coronavirus in an EMS worker in NY state has been reported. Ironically, he didn't contract it on the job but instead got it from his girlfriend who is an international flight attendant.

Strengthen your immune system by not smoking, getting enough sleep, eating primarily nutritious foods, and maintaining your fitness by exercising regularly and you should be in a good position to fight off the occasional cold and virus bugs you encounter as well as the really serious and common illnesses like coronary artery disease, diabetes, COPD, etc.

#17: March 10, 2020, 10:58:30 AM
Totally agree MB,

There’s way to much panic going on over this and the media is just whipping up fear and panic buying

X

Keep Your Head Up
#18: March 11, 2020, 05:32:04 PM
Still lots of calls for people wondering what our school district is going to do.  One lady wanted to know what she needed to do to keep her child home the rest of the year if she decided to after Spring break.  CU in Boulder has gone to online schooling for the rest of the year.  We have 17 cases in CO currently but 0 in our County.  Thankfully today was the last day of school before Spring Break (including teacher workdays) so no decisions really have to be made at this point.  I think people are more concerned about what it will look like after Spring Break when people might have traveled and come back.

MY coworker has relatives in Italy and she says they are laughing at our toilet paper debacle.  Just for fun I posted an article on my FB from April 1, 2018 talking about why we should ditch toilet paper.   ;D
M-42
H-44
S-20 (mine)
D-18 (ours)
S-15 (ours)
Friends 7y before M
Married 14y
Divorce final 4/13/16
EA - 9/15-4/16
New GF 12/16
Eng. off 8/20/17

Link to my journey: 

Keep Your Head Up
#19: March 11, 2020, 05:39:00 PM
D17 got a speeding ticket today.  She was doing the posted speed limit, but did not see the flashing school zone light as a large vehicle was in front of her and she was in an area she isn't used to driving through at school let out.  Poor thing.  The officer was nice and reduced her speed by 1mph so that it dropped her from 4 points to 1 point.  Well, there goes half her first paycheck!
M-42
H-44
S-20 (mine)
D-18 (ours)
S-15 (ours)
Friends 7y before M
Married 14y
Divorce final 4/13/16
EA - 9/15-4/16
New GF 12/16
Eng. off 8/20/17

Link to my journey: 

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.