Skip to main content

Author Topic: My Story Keep Your Head Up

M
My Story Re: Keep Your Head Up
#20: March 11, 2020, 08:40:56 PM
Sorry to hear about the speeding ticket. That's a tough lesson.

I just wrote on my thread about my university system's decision to move to an online format after spring break. We have 200 people in the state diagnosed with coronavirus and we're going to seriously disrupt the education of more than 69,000 students.

F
  • Trial Subscriber
Keep Your Head Up
#21: March 13, 2020, 10:54:33 AM
It really is getting crazy.  I had scheduled my sons birthday party at the trampoline park, but we canceled because no one was coming.
We have had an elderly death here with CV.  My h works at the hospital and says there are a few cases.  Everything is cancelled.  Basically our whole life is on shutdown.  Spring break just started, but they sent the kids work home because they will not likely go back after spring break.

I’m more worried about them tanking the economy with all of this fear than getting sick.
Married 20 years
Husband is 43
I am 39

BD1-April 2018-Unrecognized by me until way later, he is unhappy, wants counseling.
BD2-October 2018-ILYBNIL, wants a divorce, this after I found out about OW 1(EA), OW2(PA) no longer together.  I believe he is single. 
April 2019 He got an apartment and moved out.
Oct 2019-Apologized for a years worth of monster behavior.  Still wants to start divorce this Spring, is distant, but friendly.  Tries more with kids, but mostly just helps haul them around(superficial).

4 kids 6-15 years old

But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

Keep Your Head Up
#22: March 15, 2020, 05:24:40 PM
We had our first presumed positive here in our County yesterday morning.  He had a foreign visitor who tested positive when he got back home and that's all I know.  A male in his 30's.  One of my friend's first action was to make a helping group on Facebook where we can post needs in our community as they arise.  People are already sharing that they have baby formula and other things that people may need.

I am on day 6 of a detox program and feel pretty good.  Lots of fresh veggies and fruit, (meat, oatmeal, brown rice once a week or so).  Some protein shakes every couple days with chia seeds or flax seeds, greens and such.  Some good fat like avocados.  Sweet potatoes.  No starchy white potatoes, soda, simple carbs in grains like bread and crackers and the like.  No alcohol.  Lots of bone broth, and a few dill pickles to help for the sodium content as consuming a lot of water.  I like how I am feeling!  I do have some other stuff on hand for the kids, but can't afford to stockpile too much at one time.  I've done a couple of to go grocery orders and about half of what I order is actually fulfilled.  We are down to about 4 rolls of toilet paper.  We have only used 2 rolls in a 2 week time period so I am not too concerned yet, but we will cross that bridge when the time comes.  It helps that I am at work for 8 hours of the day and can use their supply, lol.

The school districts in the counties around us have closed, but since we are out on Spring Break right now we are taking a wait and see approach this week.  So far I am scheduled for work in the morning.  We stayed home today and watched Church online.  We had a funeral to go to yesterday, which did put us around some older people like my mom and stepdad, and the minister was 94, so I did worry about that some.  Just have to trust that everyone will be okay.  Mom said the assisted living center has closed down to one entrance and is checking temperatures of people coming in but haven't locked down just yet.  I do worry because I have read that a lot of people are carrying it without fever and the like.

S14's driving course for M-F has not been cancelled.  I will take him to that tomorrow morning unless they send out another email before then.  I'm a little concerned about shelling out the $ for it right now, but he wants to get the 30 hour course done and dusted and become S15 on March 24th and wants to get his permit by then.  We shall see what happens.  His birthday may be pretty lowkey this year.  The driving course might be his birthday present for now.
M-42
H-44
S-20 (mine)
D-18 (ours)
S-15 (ours)
Friends 7y before M
Married 14y
BD 12/14/15 - 2 weeks after 14th anniv.
Divorce final 4/13/16
EA - 9/15-4/16
New GF 12/16
Engaged 6/17 (I found out 8/10/17)
Moved to her State 4 States away - 7/13/17 (told me 4 days before)
Eng. off 8/20/17
Moved back to our State 8/24/17
New GF 2/29/20 (Told me 4/22/20)
Marrying her 4/24/20 (Told me 4/22/20)

Link to my journey: 
https://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=11404.0

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass - it's about learning to dance in the rain."

"Don't become a container for bitterness.  It's a toxin that destroys what it's carried in."

"Sometimes - some things have to break apart so better things can be built."

M
Re: Keep Your Head Up
#23: March 15, 2020, 06:02:10 PM
Just learned today the first two confirmed cases have hit our county. Everything is closed or closing around here. When I got to church this morning I found the service I was planning to attend had been canceled. All county K-12 schools are closing. The YMCA has closed. Our ambulance is stocked with N95 respirator masks for us and face masks for the patients. Anyone with respiratory symptoms is getting a mask!

It's a pretty strange world we're living in right now. I just got home from a call for a possible structure fire. Fortunately, that was also canceled.  :D

Good luck with your detox diet. I hope it works for you. This is definitely a good time to be eating healthy, nutritious foods. Keep your immune system strong!

M
#24: March 17, 2020, 04:41:15 AM
Faith, hope your S gets to finish his driving hours. It really is a bizarre world we're living in right now. I've known others to have had their birthdays this past week in our closed down Italy. You might want to prepare for the fact that you and S will be stuck at home. Maybe while you can buy some silly party hats and trumpets ready just in case.

Love your detox diet. I wish I had the drive. I used to be so good at these things and I miss it. Keep telling us about it.

Take care xxx
Married 1989, together since 1984 
BD May 2014,
D25, D22, S15
OW Physical Affair same one. He and she said she turned 34 the month of BD. She turned 52 this year.

M
#25: March 17, 2020, 08:19:54 AM
Yes, please keep us updated. Here in NY state almost the entire state has been closed. Schools, libraries, museums, bars, restaurants, all are closed. Grocery stores are still open but some of the shelves are empty. Now our governor is talking about a travel ban. I think he's afraid somebody might escape.

Keep Your Head Up
#26: March 19, 2020, 10:44:17 PM
We are hanging in here.  Lots of rumors of sick people but still only 1 person listed as confirmed on the health department websites.  They have now closed school per State order until April 20th.  Restaurants can only do carry-out or delivery only.  Some restaurants have turned into markets to help themselves stay open.  Today it was ruled that all non-essential businesses close down, so no hair salon trips or massages, etc.

My last full day at work was Tuesday.  I went in for an hour to check messages on Wednesday.  This morning I got an email that gave directions on how to check messages from home so I was able to stay home today.

Yesterday I had to brave the supermarket and got some things for us and also for S19's household.  I took S19 his cleaning supplies, milk, orange juice, fresh fruit and visited with him for a bit.  He is still getting 35-40 hours delivering pizza.  He said someone tried to tip him in toilet paper.  I told him he should have taken it, lol.  I had to get toilet paper from a friend who offered me some.  Last night I just felt run down and have had bad headaches the last couple days, but they have also been burning the fields and my allergies are bad right now.  They finally put a ban to the burning because a lot of people were having issues.

S14 finished his driving course today but they shut the DMV down yesterday until April 20th so he won't be able to get his permit on his birthday.  He's pretty bummed, but understands.  We are now settling down into being home.  In between checking and returning messages at work, I was able to do a lot of cleaning today and have felt really good today, not run down.  A family member dropped off bleach on my doorstep as they found some and were allowed to buy some for me since I was almost out.

There's been a few conversations with xH.  The kids leave tomorrow night for the weekend with him and things are going to get REALLY quiet around here.  Today I returned a call to a lady who was just frantic.  She needs the superintendent to put out a letter that we intend to start distance learning on the 30th.  Her xH is keeping her child from her because he says that this extra month is an extended Spring Break and he has her daughter for school breaks.  They extended the break an extra week is all, so that the teachers could take a few days to get what they needed in order to start distance learning.  And then the kids will do school online.  I felt really bad for her.  I'm sure she isn't the only one having to deal with a crazy ex during this time.
M-42
H-44
S-20 (mine)
D-18 (ours)
S-15 (ours)
Friends 7y before M
Married 14y
Divorce final 4/13/16
EA - 9/15-4/16
New GF 12/16
Eng. off 8/20/17

Link to my journey: 

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass - it's about learning to dance in the rain."

"Don't become a container for bitterness.  It's a toxin that destroys what it's carried in."

Keep Your Head Up
#27: March 22, 2020, 04:02:06 PM
The county website updated this morning to 2 confirmed cases after days and days and no one feels like that is accurate AT ALL.  They are telling people that if they don't fall into certain categories, they won't get tested, and those that are getting tested, it's taking 8 days or longer to get results back from the State Capital city.

They took my neighbor away on a stretcher today.  My cat awoke me growling and I looked outside and saw the ambulance.  It's a multi-generational home, we share a wall.  She has pneumonia.  She's elderly.  Everyone in the home is sick.  I watched in tears as they carried her away on a stretcher.  It really just made it feel so real, if you know what I mean.

My friend in a town 45 minutes away was tested, and quarantined.  She's already starting to recover and still has not received her results back, and yet everyone in her county is bragging that they have 0 cases.

I have done pretty much a whole lot of nothing the last few days.  Kids are gone so it's just the cat and myself.  They come back home tonight.

My dreams were awful last night.  Crazy dreams.  I was in some sort of war situation, hiding behind a bed with other people, holding a gun that I didn't even know if I could use, waiting for the enemy to enter.  Needless to say, I woke up a bit unsettled. 

The sun is shining today.  People are playing their music.  Cars coming and going.  People in the parking lot of our town home community.  I live down the hill from a fire department, so I hear sirens all the time, that's pretty normal around here.  Sure wishing today that I lived by the beach.  First light on FB shows videos of it, but it's not the same as being there.  We still have snow in the high country.  I may have to get out and take a drive to go walk in the middle of nowhere in the next few days.  Feeling a bit stir crazy I think.
M-42
H-44
S-20 (mine)
D-18 (ours)
S-15 (ours)
Friends 7y before M
Married 14y
Divorce final 4/13/16
EA - 9/15-4/16
New GF 12/16
Eng. off 8/20/17

Link to my journey: 

M
#28: March 22, 2020, 06:57:37 PM
Thanks for the update, Faith. Glad to hear that you and your family are doing ok physically. I hope you are able to find a way to deal with the mental stress associated with all of this. Knowing you, I'm sure you'll be fine. If I lived by a beach I'd go for a walk on it for you but I don't live near a beach either.

Keep Your Head Up
#29: March 27, 2020, 09:30:42 PM
I hope everyone is doing okay.  S14 turned to S15 on Tuesday.  I will have to give him a birthday party later, hopefully.  He kept saying he didn't care and it was okay.  He didn't want us to sing to him.  We had a cookie/brownie mix so since he doesn't like cake, we baked that.  Didn't have any candles to put in it.  His F picked him up for a late lunch and they picked up sushi and took it back to his house to eat it.  When he brought S15 back, he sat on my couch and chatted for a while.  After he left, S15 said that after they ate, MLCer fell asleep on the couch and S15 was just sitting there kind of awkward like.  He ended up texting and chatting with some of his friends until his F woke up and brought him home.  I went into work for a couple hours Tue.

We ordered takeout from a restaurant S requested for dinner and then ate the brownies for dessert.  S15's driving course was a huge chunk of money, so I didn't have a gift to give him, but D17 ordered one for him with one of her paychecks and it should be arriving soon.  He said that his F gave him $50 cash. 

Wednesday I again worked for a couple hours at the office as all the Leave & Earnings Statements for Payroll needed to be mailed out.

On Thu, the Governor ordered a state-wide shelter in place.  We are supposed to stay home except for essentials such as work and groceries.  We can go hiking and be outside as long as we practice 6 foot distance from everyone else.  I wore a mask and gloves to go to the post office to pick up the mail for work and sort it out at the office.  I didn't take them off until I got back home and I didn't take them inside.  I ordered groceries for pickup as it had been 8 days since I had gotten any.  They asked me to stay in my car, and loaded it into my trunk and got a verbal agreement from me that they could sign for me.  Now my plan is to stay at home again until Tue when I do the post office/work run all over again.  I will glove and mask, although the gloves I have are crappy and ripped when I was putting away the mail.  I didn't see a soul at work on Thursday, in fact it was a bit creepy.  I turned on some music while I worked just to break up the silence.  I did have to interact with 2 people but I met them outside and handed them their things they needed with mask and gloves in place.  Yesterday was absolutely beautiful, sunny and warm.

Today we woke up to dark, cold and snow.  We had thundersnow.  It was weird.  At first I thought it was military jets again.  We had 3 fly over the other night at almost midnight that shook the whole town.  We have an airfield that is a fuel stop for lots of military jets but it freaked a lot of people out as they were flying super low and with everything else going on it felt very different.  We don't usually have them fly at that hour.

D17 and I have decided the next nice day we have, we are going hiking.  We will do it away from anybody else.  We've been staying inside way too much and since we live in a townhome community, there are people all around us, walking their dogs and we have a tiny little backyard.  I will probably work out in it too and try and get it ready for planting in my little area I have.  I thought I might do some gardening in my flower pots this year too.  If I can get a hold of any plants/seeds.
M-42
H-44
S-20 (mine)
D-18 (ours)
S-15 (ours)
Friends 7y before M
Married 14y
Divorce final 4/13/16
EA - 9/15-4/16
New GF 12/16
Eng. off 8/20/17

Link to my journey: 

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.