Skip to main content

Author Topic: My Story Celebrating five years of freedom

M
My Story Celebrating five years of freedom
OP: April 22, 2020, 09:54:46 AM
Well, folks, it’s been awhile...

Recap, BD Jan 2015, left April 2015 because I sleep with the tv on, files for divorce behind my back, cleans out our home while I’m at school, and became what I call Stay Puff the marshmallow man... still the same raging, angry monster that set me free on April 19th, 2015..

I can’t believe it’s been 5 whole years.. 

Everything about me has changed, zero has changed in puffy land.

I’m married to the most amazing man, ever.. My relationship and marriage to puffy was never this stable, honest, supportive, trustworthy, caring, or loving, EVER. I truly believe that puffy simply never loved me or he honestly does not know how to love.. I flip flop between the two..

For those that are just climbing aboard, I was diagnosed with stage IV colon cancer last summer, 5 days after our first wedding anniversary. 15 rounds of chemo down, destroyed and removed  the colon tumors.. Now fighting the liver mets,.. 2 more treatments  to go.. !!!! We are winning and I know it.., But it’s really made me look at life through a very different set of eyes.

During the initial months of puffy’s  crisis, I was the typical lbs.. Then I hit bottom, like we all have to, and started recreating my very own life... 2 years in, I met Mr Duke... and his list matched mine.. and BAM...  The relationship and marriage I’d always dreamed of, was actually right in front of me.. I’m lucky, blessed, grateful, and thankful.. every single day for puffys choice to leave.

After my diagnosis, my view began to change. While I’ve sympathized with puffy, in my deepest parts, I hadn’t forgiven.. I hadn’t let go of the anger due to the damage he did to me, but mostly because of his treatment of our son.

So. That’s been one of the items I’m working on, forgiving him so when God asks me, I can say, I have to the best of my human ability. Not doing so, hurts me, my son, and my husband. So, as hard as urs been, I’ve forgiven but not forgotten..

I’ll forgive the dog for biting me, I’m wise enough, now,  to never go near him again.

S sent a pic of the 3 of us, me and Hunny to his dad. We went to a major rodeo, like we do every year, and puffys response is classic MLC.., don’t send pics of mom and stepdad, it’s disrespectful...

Um, to whom??? I get to see pics of him and her, because s will show me. And I’m NICE about it, for my sons sake… but not puffy, he can’t stand to even see me. I don’t get it, he left me, but is still pissed at me?? Will never make sense to me..., I gave up long ago trying to decipher the code of mlc.. 5 years dude, grow up... And get this, I’ve finally seen her,.. She looks like a taller, fatter, older version of me!!!!!!!! Vomit!!!

So, things are good, 2 rounds left. Almost done then it’s ring the bell, remission party time!!! Gosh, I hope and pray I can have my tribe with me,, I’ve been quarantined since January due to the compromised immune system.. To say it sucks, is an understatement!!!

But school is canceled so I can “teach” from home.. We sneak to our lake place every chance we get.. I haven’t caught a bass yet this year and it’s starting to piss me off!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

All in all, life is pretty good, considering. I hope y’all are well and staying safe!!!

Sending love, hugs, and prayers to y’all!!!

Previous thread: https://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=10826.0
« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 04:08:27 AM by Thunder »

M
Re: Celebrating five years of freedom
#1: April 22, 2020, 10:53:29 AM
MsMed, lovely to hear your positive update in spite of the extra trials you are facing. I'm so pleased for you that you have your wonderful new husband. Rooting for your remission party being free of lock down!
Married 1989, together since 1984 
BD May 2014,
D25, D22, S15
OW Physical Affair same one. He and she said she turned 34 the month of BD. She turned 52 this year.

#2: April 22, 2020, 11:06:42 AM
You are still a beacon of grace, MsMedfly! So glad to hear your treatment is stepping forward in positive ways and I hope it's speedy and upward from here. :)
"Unconditional love is the highest of high standards, and while we are letting go of our need to control the process of anyone else, we are taking within our lives complete accountability for our own experience."

http://seriousvanity.com/how-to-cultivate-unconditional-love-and-change-the-world/

• You can't please everyone. You are NOT a pizza!
Celebrating five years of freedom
#3: April 23, 2020, 03:29:13 AM
Hi MsMed,

Well, if you are REALLY looking for an answer.....

Puffy is mad because you aren't sitting on the porch as a pile of goo surrounded by snotty Kleenexes crocheting lace doilies pining away for the Marshmallow Man... You have actually gone on and gotten a life and an R that is good for you and you are on the way to kicking the big C's butt.....

Puffy can only be jealous..... because he hasn't got squat in Schmoopieland....
Me - 57, xW - 50
Together 19 years - Married 17 at separation & 21 at D-Day
S - 13, D - 9
2 Dogs
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015
House sold & separated - Mar 2016
Divorce final 30 August 2019

Survival Instructions for Newbies
Site Map

A "friend" will not "stand by you" no matter what you do. That is NOT a friend. That is an enabler. That is an accomplice.
A REAL friend will sit you down and tell you to your face to stop being a firetrucking idiot before you ruin your life and the lives of those around you.

G
  • Trial Subscriber
#4: April 23, 2020, 03:47:54 AM
What an amazing journey!! I'm so happy to hear you're a few treatments away. Perseverance, joy, acceptance and a wonderful new life in spite of it all. May you get to continue to enjoy life on your terms.  Praying for continued healing and blessings!!  Great job staying the course. GGG

M
#5: April 23, 2020, 07:50:49 AM
R2T and Ursa, y’all have been with me since the beginning and I cannot thank you enough. There isn’t an amount of money, gifts, etc that can ever repay y’all for getting me through  this.. There are others too, Nah, Thunder, Fabulous, Law prof, Medusa, Believe, Still, so many of you and your stories are how and why I survived and thrived.... eventually!!

I wallowed like a pig for the first 8 months.., Oh why me, why us, poor poor me....

Then I hit bottom. It was October 2015. I’ll never forget it, my guts finally caught up with reality. It was awful.. but necessary and mandatory.

I’d built my life around a lie. He’s a full, total, complete, narcissistic sociopath. Making a come back after that tsunami from hell wasnt easy. But it was because I have a tribe of incredible people who GET IT... I’m just really lucky I landed here...

Life’s pretty great actually. I have the massive, close knit family I always dreamed of, my son is the best he’s ever been, and my Hunny, oh my my precious hubby. I’m so glad God pushed me to say yes to his date offer... Our story begins with a Jersey, a sausage biscuit and a coke!!

Newbies, I hurt for you.., I know every step of your pain. Don’t be like I as for 8 months, start looking for the blessings, find something in each day, that you are grateful for.. Their MLC isn’t all horror and nightmares.. Think about it, what’s one blessing you can see, each day??

It’s where I started and I never looked back. I don’t have time nor the head space for it.. I’ve got one life to live, not a past to continually grieve over...

If MLC didn’t change me, cancer sure as heck did.. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I have to see the humor and I find it very funny you say jealousy.. He’s bought and sold 3 convertible sports cars, in 5 years... The latest, classic MLC, red convertible corvette!!! Too bad he doesn’t have a cute girl to go with it.. My former mil, my sons grandma, can’t stand her, says she’s hiding something, and doesn’t understand why she makes zero attempts to have a relationship with her.... Hmmmmmm..,  Interesting...

Well, because of their beginning.. And now, 5 years in, it’s all come out. Her skeletons are worse than his.. but to not cherish the woman that gave you the love of your life??! WTH?..

I adore my in loves. They are just like my parents, I’m so lucky, blessed and humbled. I couldn’t imagine not having a great relationship with them, we are with our family ALL the time...

They aren’t. She’s on Facebook but blocked everyone of us, and that’s ALOT.., PLUS, she blocked my son... She makes zero attempt to be in s’s life, he doesn’t even have her phone number...

Absolutely bizarre...

I’m sure my diagnosis was met with his typical oh great, here goes the martyr... I can hear it. I know this much, if this had been during my marriage to puffy, he’d let me die.. He’d rather have the insurance money!

As my hunny says, it is what it is. And I’m so thankful for the hell I went through because the blessings are completely worth it!!!

Happy Thursday y’all!! I’ll update more once I get to a computer...

Love your sweet faces!! Chins up, crowns straight, heads high... 💜💜💜💜💜

M
#6: April 27, 2020, 08:12:56 PM
I won't go on and on, I promise.  If someone could link me, I appreciate it. I've never figured that out!

Now that I have the time, I can update more.

I'll start with the little I do know about puffy land and just get it over with.. I don't know much, just the bits I pick up from s. I don't dare ask, I've come too far to resort to that. I know that they live together, in his house, and that they "play" this happy family gig pretty well. S believes she's hiding something and of course, has FINALLY connected all the dots. Good grief, it took him FOREVER. I wasn't going to be that parent. I wasn't going to be the one to bash his dad, tell him what a lying, cheating, piece of poo he is.. I could, I probably  did in a drunken state, at some point.  He's figured it out, put the pieces together, with grandma's help and the the two of them are so done with puffy and his spring shower.... I call her this because all of this went down in April, and that just happens to be one of her names. She's got so many, we can't really figure out who she really is. Sketchy I tell ya... Plus, did learn that her first hubby has the same first name as the puffer. Are you serious???? They don't even get creative and change the names... Just bodies and geography!!  It's like a bad soap opera....

I know she's got one foot in, one foot out. You don't move in with someone and then intentionally NOT become part of their family.  The whole situation is odd ... I'm glad it's not mine to deal with. I cannot imagine.....

S does say that he's still the angry, puffy monster that left. Everything is still my fault and the mention of my name, sends shock waves. I seriously don't understand this. Part of why I'm here updating. I don't understand the anger at me.

I didn't do this, I had zero part in any of it ... but all the blame and anger, still five years later, is all at me.... Is it a guilt thing? It can't be, puffy doesn't have that button. He feels guilt for nothing, ever. It's always the other person's fault, even when you have video evidence. It's your fault it's on video!!

Gosh, I don't miss the eggshell dance I used to do. My insides no longer feel like they might rupture from the constant knots, living "his" life caused. It was gradual, I didn't see a thing, everyone else knew BUT ME... I've gotten over feeling stupid. I don't see most of the ones that kept his ugly secrets anymore so it's no longer a constant reminder of people that I cannot trust. Now, I feel lucky. Lucky that he left and didn't drag me through the hell that some of you have endured. I can't imagine having a clinger. I'm grateful for the vanishing act, it's helped me heal, find my sanity, and own my reality again.

He took away my ability to trust, even my own thoughts, movements, decisions, choices. He made sure I was a puddle of goo when he ripped the rug out from under me. It's all part of their evil, little plan, they hatch on lunch breaks and when stuck in traffic. He most certainly got me, but only for awhile. Once I laid down my law, it stopped. He had nowhere to get his fix any longer so he finally left me alone. He would attempt. to bait me, with some minor whatever issue with s, but has completely left me alone since. It's been more than three years since I've spoken to him. I did see a pic at Christmas. Eeeeewwwww..... Not sure what I found attractive there but it's gone now....

I know this, it takes a LONG time to heal from the damage of a narcissistic sociopath, I still have triggers. Small things now, but I still have them. Hunny understands, s is currently living with us so he's gotten a bigger glimpse into what our lives were like with puffy and he thinks it's sad I stayed for so long, with someone who clearly didn't deserve neither s nor I. He's right, but how do you leave when you don't even know??

Do I think about him? Nope, do I wonder, nope... Do I think damn, I'm lucky I got away cleaner than I could have.... YUP!!!! I get the if only's... if I had only figured it all out sooner, retained my own attorney faster, somehow slowed the motion of a cat 5 hurricane with my bare hands... I no longer feel sadness for what was lost. I hurt for my son but even that, doesn't sting like it used to.

That's because I chose to rebuild. I made the choice to say yes to good looking coach that asked me out on a date. 4 years later, here we are... about to celebrate our second wedding anniversary. I chose to move forward, for me and for my son. God knew exactly what He was doing, He knew... My son has a massive family, full of fun cousins, aunts, uncles, that have just made him one of the grandkids. It makes my heart so happy.... It's what he's always wanted to, a big, loving family that does everything together.

I guess write me down as one of the lucky ones, I don't know. I certainly didn't feel lucky for the first three years. It was pure hell. I really didn't know if I was going to come out alive. Every step I'd take, he'd knock me down, just to laugh as I fell. I just kept getting up, putting on my big girl panties, and handling it. I think when I married someone else, he finally got the message, she's totally over you....

It does get better, sweet newbie... I promise. It takes a lot of hard work, tears, and commitment that you will not let it destroy you!! Do not let their crisis take you down too. You are better than that, worth far too much to let the emotional temper tantrum of a 50 something year old be the reason you can't get out of bed in the morning. Find something, anything, that makes you happy. And go with it... start building a life around it. Make it all your own...

So, that's pretty much me. Spending too much time on the couch because the chemo slows me down, which in turn, pisses me off. I'm a goer, I don't sit still well, at all!!!

Life marches on.... and to think, 5 years ago today my declaration of independence was signed and delivered....

Who knew his MLC would turn out so wonderful for me... I really should send a basket or something, maybe a hanging plant...

Love ya'll!!!

#7: April 28, 2020, 03:42:54 AM
Hi Ms MedFly

Maybe one of these?

I know, I'm going to Hades....
Me - 57, xW - 50
S - 13, D - 9
2 Dogs
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015

Site Map

A "friend" will not "stand by you" no matter what you do. That is NOT a friend. That is an enabler. That is an accomplice.
A REAL friend will sit you down and tell you to your face to stop being a firetrucking idiot before you ruin your life and the lives of those around you.

K
#8: April 28, 2020, 05:20:20 AM
I love your update except for the cancer part. Luck to you. I wish so hard I could find a man like you have. Not actively looking but nothing would stop me from a date. Its been almost 6 years for me and my "puffy" shows no change either.

M
#9: April 28, 2020, 08:33:30 AM
Ursa, that’s it!!! That’s the perfect gift for those two!!! They have a big backyard and a pool.. He had the nerve to purchase the house, that we almost bought, 10 years before... 2 years after the divorce.. What the heck.. Wasn’t good enough in 2007, but buys it in 2017... and pays $100,000 more than it was listed for in 07.. Didn’t want the pool upkeep, but now that he’s 12 years older and had no children at home, it makes perfect sense!??? 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️

Idiots, both of them!!

Keep, they are out there!!!!!! I did online for a month and then deleted.. I’m too old fashioned and for some reason, all I attracted as older men, who wanted to send me dirty pictures.. Ugh... I met my darling hubby the old fashioned way, we teach at the same school...  It’s funny now, how we were just teacher friends, knew nothing about the other for 8 years...

Later, after we were married, I was told that my very first day at my school, when I was introduced, he told another coach, that’s her, that’s the one!! She’ll be my wife one day..  How he knew, I don’t know.. I was “happily” married to puffy, with a 12 year old at home.. Mr hot single coach was nowhere on my radar!! 8 years later, here we are, I’m Mrs. Coach...

I know this site is about standing. And I did, fiercely, till God told me to move... I waited until I felt Gods push to move on... I knew that the marriage to puffy could never be restored and God was taking me to a new place. I just had to trust and believe in His plan...

Have y’all made the list?? The list of the perfect partner???

I did.. My therapist’s bright idea... So I did.. Pages of qualities, characteristics, morals, values, things I knew that couldn’t possibly exist, therefore I could continue to wallow and long for puffy..

Then my list showed up.. I couldn’t believe it!!!

It started because our boys gave me the honorary captain jersey for that weeks game.. I get to the sidelines, don’t have a clue what to do and who do I run into??! None other than mr cutie coach... He shows me around, takes me in the locker room for pre game (my most favorite part of our Friday night rituals), gets me a headset so I can talk trash to the press box.. Tells me as I, leaving, I don’t got out with married chicks but you, I’m going to make an exception.. I laughed,.. and he was the first person at school, besides my tribe, that found out, I was now single...

We chatted beck and forth, for months... he’d call to see if the boys needed to come help me with anything... since s was away at school and I was living alone..

It really began on Valentine’s Day, in the drive thru at McDonalds.. At 5 am, I’m getting breakfast and heading to school to make stuff for my kids, he’s behind me, getting ready to head to Houston for the state wrestling tournament. I bought his breakfast, a sausage biscuit and a coke.. He emails me and says thanks, that’s never happened to me before.. and proceeds to ask me out... I waited three days to respond, prayed about it, consulted my inner circle...and finally said yes!

And I get to say yes with him every single day... I’m so lucky..

So, what are you saying no to that might be a new adventure that deserves a big fat YES???? Think about it... What’s keeping you from jumping in, head first?? Fear, hurt, trust issues... what is it that’s holding your freedom??

I may he married, but I’ve never been more free in my entire life!!!!

I’ve got to get moving, Alexa isn’t going to lay 12 bags of mulch!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Hugs and kisses!!

#10: April 28, 2020, 08:45:02 AM
Quote from: MsMedFly
So, what are you saying no to that might be a new adventure that deserves a big fat YES???? Think about it... What’s keeping you from jumping in, head first?? Fear, hurt, trust issues... what is it that’s holding your freedom??

THIS is gold......
For those of us who are no longer standing, these are the pivotal questions..... and I think that they are all pat and parcel of the same thing... We are scared because we have been hurt (decimated might be a better term) and we have trust issues because of that decimation as well.....
Me - 57, xW - 50
S - 13, D - 9
2 Dogs
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015

Site Map

s
#11: April 29, 2020, 08:45:18 PM
MsMed - so freaking awesome to have updates from you.  Your strength, perseverance and positive attitude regarding the cancer and treatments is very inspiring. 

Yeah, this distance learning stuff is a crap shoot, to say the least.  Right now my seniors are pushing me to the max.  Some of them have just shut down and while I know it's a struggle for all of us, it just pains me see them throw away all those years of education and not graduate. 

So Puffy is still the Puffy I remember when I first met you in early 2016. 

We've come a long way, MsMed - a long, long way! 

Hope you'll continue to drop by with updates. 
BD: 1/1/16
Together 15 years - married 7 years
His divorce final 7/26/16
Married the OW

After all, tomorrow is another day.

M
#12: May 04, 2020, 05:53:28 PM
Trust issues will haunt you for awhile.., until you find someone you feel is worth breaking the barrier for..

That’s what it is, a wall of absolute terror, fully constructed by the actions of someone else...

When my bestie hit me with that, I was done being afraid and started building my life again. No one gets to construct anything on my “property” without my consent.. So why build walls, that could potentially keep out, really amazing people?? You can’t take what the mlcer did to you, out on the new relationship.. BUT, BE HONEST... with whomever you are dating, that your divorce was a F5 tornado, and that triggers still happen... You have to realize someone else created a fear in you and it’s what holds most people down...

I don’t have that ability any longer, I stopped being afraid of being hurt, I get to decide what hurts and what doesn’t..

So what’s hurting (fear, keeping) you from creating the life you dream of???? What pre constructed walls, are in your house, that you didn’t put there?? Start remolding... knock them down.... It’s so worth it!!!!
Still, we’ve been through it haven’t we???? 😘😘😘😘😘

Hugs and kisses!!! 

M
#13: June 09, 2020, 04:53:38 AM
Just journaling.. as sleep evades me due to the massive amount of steroids they pump me full of, during my “spa” treatments.. Ugh.. I should look like Arnold!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Well, the sins of the past came right out and bit me, square in the a$$ on Sunday. I had a total meltdown.. I tried, best I could, to shield Hunny from it but ohhhhh no, he ended up in the cross hairs of my hormonal rampage. I was angry because we are supposed to be in Vegas this week, celebrating, what we thought was the end of cancer and chemo.. Well, we aren’t because of corona and while we did find out we are beating the liver mets, they’ve shrunk to less than 50% of their original size, I couldn’t help but throw myself one hellva pity party...

All started because a girl that Hunny “dated” 20 plus years ago, messaged him on Facebook. He did tell me about it, she was asking how I was feeling. Ok, I’m not dumb and this girl has a lengthy history of sleeping with married men. Like years of it and yes, she’s married. She was married when she and Hunny hooked up, he had no idea until after it began. He ended it quickly, after finding about her hubby,  because she has kids and knew that the whole thing was wrong. She works in our district, different school. Just this past year, yet again, she’s busted, having another affair, with another teacher..  I’ve met her and until now I didn’t have an opinion.

Now I do. And it’s NOT Hunny’s fault. All he did was answer her by updating on my health and how great we are doing. For some reason, on Sunday, amongst all the other insanity, I got it stuck in my mind that she’s after him. Which could be actually true but see, Hunny is not. I devastated him when I sobbed, please don’t talk to her, she’s the devil... 

I instantly knew why I felt like this.. Triggers... And I knew I had to explain myself. Which, I did, between sobs, and watched my hubby listen and try to understand where I’m coming from. His response, I’m not him, I would never, and I’m sorry that you were treated so badly... I will not engage in any communication with her any further.

Wait, what??!? No screaming, fighting, just two adults, communicating and learning to understand the other. I honestly didn’t know how to respond, I’ve never been actually listened to, validated, understood like this... I felt like the worst wife in the world..

But I hurt him with my behavior and that’s what I can’t stand. He’s too good to me, my son, my entire family for him to jeopardize what we have.

It made me want to lash out at the right person. I’ve never given puffy the proper cussing I feel he’s earned. I wanted so badly to fire off an angry email rant of what a massive POS he is... but I didn’t. What good does it do?? None. It would change nothing and would make me look stupid, again. Nope, I decided it’s not worth it so here I am, venting to the only people that truly get it. Having a vanisher is difficult when it comes to letting go of the anger. I spent every interaction with puffy for the first 6 months, kissing his a$$, begging, pleading, quoting the Bible... Instead of standing up for myself and shutting the bully down, by completely and totally losing my sh$t. Even during the last conversation, in January of 2016 when I finally laid down my laws and boundaries, I did it like a kindergarten teacher!!! Ugh, the shoulda, woulda, coulda’s..

Oh well, the feeling to rage at him passed as quickly as it came. I know I will never get a response, only knee jerk reactions from a narcissistic sociopath, trying to cover his tracks.

And I thought I was so over it. Him, yes, the damage, well, that’s taking longer to repair than I ever expected. Thank God my husband loves me and gets it.. But he’s said, it’s time to let that go too because that kind of behavior and choices don’t happen here. What a great man he is, to be so honest and open, well I’m just lucky and I thank God every day for him.

Round 19 of chemo is Thursday.. I’d rather be anywhere else but I know we are almost there and the end is always the hardest, right?

Sending you lots of hugs and kisses!!! 💜💜💜😘😘😘😘

A
#14: June 09, 2020, 09:58:24 AM
Ms Medfly - your post has deeply impacted me.   The last post on my thread explains why.  https://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=11214.new#new
"This too shall pass.  It might pass like a kidney stone but it will pass."
"Don’t blame a clown for acting like a clown.  Instead, ask yourself why you keep going to the circus."

#15: June 09, 2020, 11:36:18 AM
Big hugs, prayers, good vibes for chemo, MsMedfly! Always going up for you.

I had some triggers over the last year or so that helped me peel off another layer of the trauma onion (yes, even after all of these years!). It feels awful to go through. But you recognize it for what it is, which is HUGE, you addressed the concerns that those feelings conjured, and you will be better and stronger for it. For me, when you see how these "relationships" start from a vantage point that doesn't involve being an LBS, it really shows the pathology of it. It's a "thing" that people really do! We can truly never control others, but we have the power to know that no matter what situations we face, we can have our own backs. Vent here all you need to, as we truly get it!
"Unconditional love is the highest of high standards, and while we are letting go of our need to control the process of anyone else, we are taking within our lives complete accountability for our own experience."

http://seriousvanity.com/how-to-cultivate-unconditional-love-and-change-the-world/

G
  • Trial Subscriber
#16: June 09, 2020, 11:53:16 AM
MsMdFly-

I'm sorry you're going through such an array of feelings, especially at a time like this.  I'm thinking of you and holding you close in prayer.  I can't even imagine what he'll others are going through on top of treatments. I pray all types of healing and restoration for you all.  No more treatments and a peaceful period of you two reconnecting and growing when this other stuff gets settled.  Hoping it continues to draw you two together to explore new things with new meanings.  Thinking of you...GGG

#17: June 09, 2020, 12:09:45 PM
Thank you so much for your honesty in sharing that trigger moment. As you say, vanishers leave a lot of things unspoken for we LBS don't they? And it is hard and messy to clear up some of your own stuff in a kind of black hole lol. So many of us are prone to beating ourselves up about not entirely being 'trauma free'....we so want to be and it can be a bit disheartening when we realise we are not, even if it is just a little.

I DO like your h....how marvellously straightforward and understanding his response was....and I hope the two of you get to do Vegas before too long  :)
T: 18  M: 12 (at BD) No kids.
H diagnosed with severe depression Oct 15. BD May 16. OW since April 16, maybe earlier. Silent vanisher mostly.
Divorced April 18. XH married ow 6 weeks later.
Healing and growing found here https://littleplotbythesea.wordpress.com

"Option A is not available so I need to kick the s**t out of Option B" Sheryl Sandberg

M
#18: June 10, 2020, 02:49:31 AM
Everything Treasur said. I'm so sorry you were triggered on a day that should have been a good day. BUt thank you so much for sharing, because in spite of you having moved on from Puffy, and now in a most wonderful relationship with a great man, you can still be triggered. The damage done to us by our MLCers is huge.

I just want to say that it's so helpful to see the reaction of a normal, healthy man to the approach from an OW type woman. He has no interest any way, but when he hears your pain, he will do whatever you need. And no monstering. We are not used to this, but this should be normal.

Sending you strength to get through the last chemos. x
BD May 2014,
D25, D22, S15
OW Physical Affair same one. He and she said she turned 34 the month of BD. She turned 52 this year.

• MLCer Type: Vanisher
#19: June 10, 2020, 05:18:00 AM
Trust your spidey senses- that woman could have reached out to you if she was really wanting to express concern for your well being. Nope, she was trying to soften the target- your hubby. Guess she has a playbook.

Anywho- here´s to you ticking off another chemo Rx on the road to recovery.

I´m 10+ years out and if I were to start listing all the ex crap, I´d get triggered too. I think we set it aside in a box, but the scars will always be there.

HUgs,
FTT
me 51
H 51
M 27
BD 1/15/ 10 then BD 8/21/10
D final 8/13

• Mlc- Cake eater for 3 yr now vanisher
#20: June 10, 2020, 09:05:14 AM
I am rather late but I am attaching x
Me 52
H53
Divorced 3/dec/2019
Together 30yrs
BD 20/10/2014
Left first 12/12/2014
10 come backs and leaves again for same ow
Last left 7.03.17.
Ow 16 yrs younger, no children never been married. co worker. EA turned to PA and lives with ow
Divorce bomb drop by him 31/8/17 by solicitor letter after being caught by ow at lunch with me 3 wk earlier. Finances Not yet finalised.
Crazy divorce started by him.
Clinging boomerang for 3 yrs now Vanisher but  twice a yr pops his head up. ow has balls in a vice!

s
#21: June 11, 2020, 07:47:18 AM

It made me want to lash out at the right person. I’ve never given puffy the proper cussing I feel he’s earned. I wanted so badly to fire off an angry email rant of what a massive POS he is... but I didn’t. What good does it do?? None. It would change nothing and would make me look stupid, again. Nope, I decided it’s not worth it so here I am, venting to the only people that truly get it. Having a vanisher is difficult when it comes to letting go of the anger.

A dear friend of mine calls my MLCer POS#2 if she ever mentions him.  He'd be POS#1 except hers has that label! 

I so totally get it, MsMed.  I also have never had my say, and highly doubt I ever will.  As you've stated, what good would it do? 

Sorry about Vegas.  Sending a virtual hug as you get through the last rounds of treatment.   Keep us posted. 
Married the OW

M
#22: June 26, 2020, 05:33:26 AM
I thought bomb drop and d day would be anniversary’s I would learn to just get through.  Now, I have all new dates to celebrate..

Hunny and I will celebrate our second wedding anniversary on the 4th of July... Then, the 10th, it will be one full year since I was diagnosed with stage IV colon cancer. Seems like it went so fast.. but yet dragged when the chemo would just destroy me!! We are colon cancer free with the exception of the 2 liver mets.. But yesterday we found out my CEA is down to 9. When I started chemo, they were over 40,000! A couple more “spa” days and we will be done!

You’d think a cancer diagnosis would lead to at least an e-mail from the puffer. Nope, not a word!!  I hurt for my son, who is trapped. He gives his dad so many chances, to be a decent human and he fails every time!  I just listen... and only call him a MF’er to myself.  Puffy is the textbook definition of douche bag, tool, a$$ clown, you name it, he’s it!!

I’ve found myself replaying all the hate he spewed at me. Most of the really awful stuff I can’t remember.  One line in particular won’t go away.. “God help the next man that finds you”.... Puffy screamed it at me, five years ago, as he was throwing a fit because I stood up to him and got my own attorney...

I find it interesting that this sticks.., because the “man that found me” is a billizion times better than the one that left!!  I don’t often let what puffy says then, drag me down now. But for some reason, that replays a lot. I know most of the garbage he spewed was all manipulative and gas lighting.. I see it as he was self reflecting out loud, at me!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Then poof, gone! I’m glad he’s gone, I’m glad he left and divorced me. Thank you mr vanisher!! He did me a massive favor and I think when you start to flip your thinking from oh poor me, my poor kids and start realizing you are finally free from all of the drama, that your children will thank you one day for not being a door mat, that there is so much joy and happiness, even in such a horrific life event, you begin to see life in a much different way.

Being a teacher and a coach’s wife, I get to hear all kinds of motivational everything.. But one thing that always stinks out is what is your mindset?? Are you actively choosing to be miserable or are you actively seeking joy??? Misery is easier to find but joy is worth the struggle!! It’s all about choices.. Our MLClers made theirs, now it’s time for you to make yours!!!!!! Make them count, make them kind, but always chose to love others, even if that means walking out of their life. I have zero affection of any kind for puffy, even as the father of my only child. He did a piss poor job at being a dad before, now, it’s just an awkward relationship that my son tries to continue.

I’m so grateful for incredible people like y’all.. you just get it!!!  My sweet hunny, that has really stepped up and in, filling those dad shoes quite well. Oh if I had a time machine... I go back and marry Hunny 20 years ago and have a house full of boys.. But instead, I was given an amazing partner that loves and supports me and my son and a field house of 200 plus boys that all call me mama!!

Chins up, crowns straight, find the happiness I know your broken heart so desperately craves. We all have to be broken at some point, that’s how the light shines through!! Shine your lights!!!!!!

Hugs and kisses!! 💜💜💜💜

#23: June 26, 2020, 05:51:02 AM
And when Mama ain't happy, ain't NOBODY happy! ;)
Me - 57, xW - 50
S - 13, D - 9
2 Dogs
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015

Site Map

#24: June 26, 2020, 09:35:17 AM
You are amazing, MM!! Can't wait until those "spa" days are over. God blessed the next man that found you, for sure. Hugs!!

#25: June 26, 2020, 09:42:41 AM
God did help the next man who found you. He was given YOU!

Thank you for updating and I'm glad you are doing well.
When life gives you lemons, make SALSA!

#26: June 26, 2020, 10:15:20 AM
Those sound like two anniversaries well worth celebrating, Ms M  :)
T: 18  M: 12 (at BD) No kids.
H diagnosed with severe depression Oct 15. BD May 16. OW since April 16, maybe earlier. Silent vanisher mostly.
Divorced April 18. XH married ow 6 weeks later.
Healing and growing found here https://littleplotbythesea.wordpress.com

"Option A is not available so I need to kick the s**t out of Option B" Sheryl Sandberg

s
#27: June 27, 2020, 05:58:20 AM
Nice update, MsMed. 

Hope your summer just keeps improving.  Drop in whenever you can.   It's nice to hear from you.

Married the OW

M
#28: June 29, 2020, 04:37:31 AM
So happy for you that you found Hunny and thank you for coming to update so we see that there are good men out there (apart from the male LBS on here, of course!). Wonderful news on your CEA count and wishing you a wonderful wedding anniversary on the 4th!
BD May 2014,
D25, D22, S15

M
#29: September 16, 2020, 02:34:54 PM
Twas the night before scan results...

Yep, we find out tomorrow what’s there, what’s not and what’s next... it’s been a Xanax day..

School is insane, everything is.. I really think the world has gone mad.. but I get to go, everyday and see my kids. I teach in a shower curtain bubble around my desk, in a mask, as far from my kids as possible.  I can’t help it, I hug my kids. They need it, I need it and damn it, if I get some virus because I loved my kids, I’m going to be pissed..

Vanisher update = zero... Just the way I like it.. S sees him, I don’t ask.. but puffys father, who is the epic, definition of monster MLCer, called s, with his usual promises of everything under the sun.. Vomit!! It’s disgusting how bad people try to buy your affection but puffy senior, never follows through. It’s all bull sh$t and he has never, ever fulfilled any of the extravagant promises he’s made to s. S knows and said it’s strange, he’s just like dad!! 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️... My son is slow at certain skills, he’s autistic, and it’s been painful to watch his mind try to sort out the truth from lies... Omg.. Y’all, it’s ridiculous!!! He does the same to puffy, promises of luxury everything and then never ever, does it happen. It’s a sick relationship but it’s what was left after the cat 5 hurricane he caused when he left mil... Same story, but with 1980s hair!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Ugh. I’m over it, and S knows it. When I didn’t ask, he looked shocked. I can’t care about someone who wouldn’t piss on me if I was on fire... What he doesn’t understand is he’s just a pawn too, in their evil little games.. He’s learning but every time he gets hurt, I just listen and pray.. it’s seriously sucks what these monsters do to their children.. I see it in my classroom, in my little babies eyes.. I know who’s going thru the ringer and who is finally recovering.. A$$holes.. Don’t hurt kids.. and don’t be an a$$hole, life is really that simple!

So, I’m nervous and anxious and everything in between..  Not knowing is absolutely the worst part..

I’ll keep y’all updated!! Thank you, for everything!! Love y’all!! 💜💜💜💜

N

Nas

#30: September 16, 2020, 02:58:18 PM
Scanxiety...I feel you, sister.  Scan Eve, Scan Day, Results Eve - all the little rituals like fruitlessly searching for the "tells" on the radiology techs' faces.  Uncertainty and waiting on results is the absolute worst.  Sending all good vibes! 

s
#31: September 16, 2020, 08:18:52 PM
Hoping for good results for you both, Ms. Med and Nas.   

Keep us updated. 
Married the OW

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.