Skip to main content

Author Topic: My Story  Beauty into Beast 18

My Story Beauty into Beast 18
#30: September 06, 2020, 04:59:49 AM
Well that's it folks! I finally handed in my last piece of work for my degree. I find out in October how I did.

What a giant ball of stress that relieves. I will say now how much I enjoy not having to study in the evenings...and within a few years I will probably be working toward my masters or something... But whatever!  :P

On another note youngest is now in school, so I am job hunting...during covid...when lots of people are out of work. No pressure. Ha!

Emotionally I am in a good place. Life ticks on and 'ain't no body got time for that' crying nonsense. Hopefully some of you get that reference. :P

I was washing dishes this morning when I realised today is 3 year BD marriage-death-versary. At least I think it is. I mean it is hard to tell. When do you officially count? The day I found the phone call and packed his $h!te in totes...the day sat and told me he didn't want to work on it with no emotions, or the day he slid down the kitchen counter like a wet mop saying he didn't have the energy. I dunno it was like 2 weeks of mental hell...but it was around three years ago so....yeah.

I can honestly say though that 3 years on, I can't even remember the last time I cried about it. I guess if  I were to sit and really think about the whole thing, then I could get myself in those emotions and feel it. But on a day to day basis it is forgotten. Not mentally forgotten, but kinda emotionally forgotten if that makes sense.

But the odd thing is...the less I seem to give a $h!te....the more Beast seems to want to be.... closer?.... a better Dad? I dunno. I have noticed he takes the kids every weekend now, without needing help from his mom. And when he returned to work, he actually arranged to have the kids on his days off instead of using it as an excuse to not see them. I remember having to chase him up to stop by for a couple hours on the Wed to see them, now he randomly stops by with sweets for them...even though he will take them overnight the next day. He has even wanted to take them on a the school run, for the first time in any of their lives. So something is tick tocking in that brain of his at least with the kids.

On the other hand, he is doing his absolute best to get himself fired. Or maybe not get fired, but take the piss out of his work before he get's let go with all the other staff who get let go due to Covid cut backs. Technically they can't fire him for being ill, but when the managers call you 'Sick Note' it surely doesn't bode well for keeping a job when the axe is coming down. I was contemplating the other day and I suppose it is the last thing he has left from 'his old life'. Everything else has been lost or changed to some degree, only his job of 12 years remains. Maybe some part of him needs to get rid of that too...to see if that magically fixes this unhappiness he still seems to carry around with him. First it as me and the kids, then his mom, his lack of a car, then he needed his own house....now he just needs to get rid of this job. Then...then he will be happy. Right?! Right?!!!!  ::)

Meh.

I really hope they stop this quarantine lottery they got going on. I want to get back to my weekends away, but can't risk no 2 week isolation situation. It feels like all of life has been taken over by the Rona. It has definitely been a questionable year.

I hope you are all doing well. I am not sure who is still kicking about the boards on a daily basis. I know logging in after a few weeks there are so many backlogged stories that I can't possibly keep up. But I still think about a lot of you, and talk to a few of you on What's App.

Anyway, will come back in a while when I got something to say. :)
You know this is MLC when you have played emotional hot potato with a pair of crotch-less tights.

• Mentor
  • Back to being #1 for my daughters!!!!
Beauty into Beast 18
#31: September 06, 2020, 05:53:19 AM
Hello,

Well that's it folks! I finally handed in my last piece of work for my degree. I find out in October how I did.

Yes!!!! and Big time Congratulations!!! This is a big accomplishment and I am so happy for you. Now that is done, you move forward and live the best life you can. While I deal with the smoker today, I will hold my old fashion up to the sky, "This is to you Morte, a job well done!"

As far as getting a job, I think you will be fine. There is always a demand for highly intelligent, well educated people like you. Just go out with confidence and you will find success. After dealing with Beast these past three years, there isn't a situation you can't handle.

((((Hugs))) and more (((Hugs)))

Ready

PS- I wrote this quick to beat Thunder. She is always just one click faster than me.

"Always look in the mirror and love what you see."

Beauty into Beast 18
#32: September 06, 2020, 05:57:00 AM
Yay for you, Morte  :)
My word....what are you going to do with your evenings now lol?
What an achievement though....

And Mr Beast? Yup, sounds pretty textbook. Sounds as if you will be the living embodiment of the Tortoise-Hare thing....that your life, and the kids lives, will start to get bigger and better and easier in lots of concrete ways just at the point when his will hit the last buffers left  ::)

We are all SO proud of you, like a gang of virtual mums and dads here  :)
T: 18  M: 12 (at BD) No kids.
H diagnosed with severe depression Oct 15. BD May 16. OW since April 16, maybe earlier. Silent vanisher mostly.
Divorced April 18. XH married ow 6 weeks later.
Healing and growing found here https://littleplotbythesea.wordpress.com

"Option A is not available so I need to kick the s**t out of Option B" Sheryl Sandberg

• Mentor
Re: Beauty into Beast 18
#33: September 06, 2020, 07:14:13 AM
Very funny Ready!! 8)

Morte I can't tell you how proud I am of what you have achieved.
You're gonna go places, girl!

I see a bright future ahead of you.  Your H, who knows?  Sounds like he has a long way to go to find that elusive "happiness."   ::)  You gotta wonder how few of them actually find it.

If nothing else he may end up being a good father, which would be lovely for the kids.

Hugs
A quote from a recovered MLCer: 
"From my experience if my H had let me go a long time ago, and stop pressuring me, begging, and pleading and just let go I possibly would have experienced my awakening sooner than I did."

M
Re: Beauty into Beast 18
#34: September 06, 2020, 07:25:38 AM
Morte, you have done amazingly!! You are a success story! You studied at night, after looking after 3 young kids during the day, whilst going through post BD blues, what a great job you've done of it. I'm so happy for you. x

Married 1989, together since 1984 
BD May 2014,
D25, D22, S15
OW Physical Affair same one. He and she said she turned 34 the month of BD. She turned 52 this year.

M
Beauty into Beast 18
#35: September 06, 2020, 11:17:13 AM
Well done, Morte. Go you!
Me: 51
H: 51
Adult S & D
BD: April 2016
Many false returns.
Effectively moved out Nov 2017 [worked away from home. Home occasional weekends]
Moved out full time: July 2018 after he renewed contact with OW.
OW: old school friend lives 200+ miles away.

• Trial Subscriber
Beauty into Beast 18
#36: September 06, 2020, 02:39:38 PM

Congrats Mortes!   Well deserved, and earned!
Me (W) 43 - W 42
BD - Jan 17, 2020

s
Beauty into Beast 18
#37: September 06, 2020, 02:58:05 PM

Emotionally I am in a good place. Life ticks on and 'ain't no body got time for that' crying nonsense. Hopefully some of you get that reference. :P

I laughed right out loud, Morte.......I have laughed at that clip many times. 

Congrats on submitting the final paper.  You've done well.   
BD: 1/1/16
Together 15 years - married 7 years
His divorce final 7/26/16
Married the OW

After all, tomorrow is another day.

E
Beauty into Beast 18
#38: September 06, 2020, 10:11:25 PM
Congrats on getting that final piece in. I'm sure you've done brilliantly. :)
M: 50 (48 @ BD)
H: 53 (51 @ BD)
Married 20yrs, together 23yrs
D: 21 (19 @ BD)
D: 19 (17 @ BD)
'Extra D': 19 (17 @ BD)
BD (that I didn't recognise as such) Easter 2018
BD 9th Sep 2018
OW (45, now 47) - he met her in the pub a week before BD, told me about her a week after BD. Thinks 'their planets have collided' because 'their eyes met across the room' and they had an 'instant connection'. Lives with her. Is building a life with her. Jun 20: H plans to buy a block of land and build a house with her.

s
Beauty into Beast 18
#39: September 07, 2020, 08:17:00 AM
Yay! Congrats and more congrats.

I know what you mean about travelling. I got the same bug last year and had a few things on my “I want to do” list. I really wanted to take the kids on a aeroplane in 2020 but I doubt that’s happening. Likw you said, physically we can go....but the 14 day quarantine stops it.
Me - 28
H - 35
3 children together D3 D6 D8 (D1 D4 and D6 at the time of BD)
Together - almost 8 years

BD & MLCer moved out - November 2017
OW discovered - December 2017
Moved in with Ow - November 2019
Ow met children - December 2019

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.