Skip to main content

Author Topic: My Story BRAND NEW MAN 7

W
My Story BRAND NEW MAN 7
OP: July 03, 2020, 05:15:51 AM
So tomorrow is July 4th and the 5 year mark from BD. I believe I have done everything humanly possible to save our marriage. EVERYTHING.  ::)

Oh if I could go back in time and slap that Watcher. I'd slap him real good. There was nothing to save. She divorced me at BD. She didn't need it to be legal because she had already divorced me in her heart and that's all that really matters in the end.

There was no way to nice her out of it. No way to spend my way out of it. No way to kiss her ass out of it. They simply become blood sucking users. Every single one of them. They use everyone in their lives. It's not just reserved for us.

I would say I was caught up in it for almost 3 years. I left in March 2018 when she broke down how life was going to be for me. Now I was asked to leave or I chose to leave too many times to remember. However I owned this one.

This 6 month phase from Sept 2017 to March 2018 was supposed to be out our 2 sons however monster would not allow it.

I do believe in MLC and mine has additional issues to add to the fun so I would say I only regret the period from March 2018 til I filed in June 2019 because I had no plan. I was waiting for it to pass I guess.

Mania came for me in November 2018 and it was full blown. We ended up in criminal court 2 months later. After 4 months of NC she came for me in mid April 2019.

I get some criticism for always returning home. Meanwhile, that's the only way I can get to see my son's. At least I was able to help S20 with his prom and graduation during my Spring 2019 stay.

People always viewed it as me returning to her. However, that was the furthest thing from the truth. Yes, Nov 2018 was all about her for 27 expensive days. I'm guilty of that one only.

So it's now over a year since I filed and we are in typical NC. I would have to say that the divorce process just kills it. Whatever the LBS has been feeling is just murdered by the process. It's probably a good thing for me.

There is nothing we can do for them. Don't believe in timelines. This will only end if they want it to end. She doesn't want it to end. I no longer believe in the notion that they return broken.

That would happen only if we allowed it. I'm at a place where she would have to be 100% transformed back to who she was before BD. I would never accept anything less. Meanwhile she wasn't so great prior to BD.

In the meantime I believe my divorce is going to take sometime as Covid19 has offered her a reprieve. I'm in NC, I stopped looking at her social media, so I really have no clue where she is at in life. I surmise Replay because that's where they are always hanging out.  ::)

When in doubt, always go with Replay. They are Replay guilty until proven innocent. Never trust them. They are all liars, manipulators, and will continually stab you in the back. So, I have no clue how one can really reconnect with such dastardly characters. I say good luck with that one.  ::)

Yesterday I ran a little over 9 miles. I received my Brooks PureGrit 8 trail shoes in the mail so I get to test them out today. Tomorrow I have to complete the Red, White and Boom Half Marathon which was supposed to be in Minnesota.

I already received the medal yesterday so I have to get it done. It came accompanied with a cool face mask however no race bib which disappointed me since I save them in a folder. Except for the Mothers Day 2019 race bib which that criminal stole, lol. I told you they are dastardly.

So live your life is what I learned. They will probably come back like a ghost in 10-15 years just to screw up what you rebuilt at that point. LOL Jim Conway, 2-5 yrs my ass. Start at 10 yrs newbies. Anything less is an expectation.

Obviously I love this forum because I'm always here. I only have 65 more miles to run for this Toll Booth Challenge and then I am done !  ;D

Thanks for following along

Previous thread:  https://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=11469.0
« Last Edit: July 03, 2020, 10:57:21 AM by Thunder »

• You can't please everyone. You are NOT a pizza!
BRAND NEW MAN 7
#1: July 03, 2020, 05:26:42 AM
Following along......
Me - 57, xW - 50
Together 19 years - Married 17 at separation & 21 at D-Day
S - 13, D - 9
2 Dogs
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015
House sold & separated - Mar 2016
Divorce final 30 August 2019

Survival Instructions for Newbies
Site Map

A "friend" will not "stand by you" no matter what you do. That is NOT a friend. That is an enabler. That is an accomplice.
A REAL friend will sit you down and tell you to your face to stop being a firetrucking idiot before you ruin your life and the lives of those around you.

• Trial Subscriber
BRAND NEW MAN 7
#2: July 03, 2020, 07:59:37 AM
Hey there it looks like you figured out how to close a post out LOL ! You sound good watcher ! Glad to see you moving along.
Together 12 yrs Married 5
5 kids 3- Step (21) (20) (18) Two together ( 8 ) (9)
BD1 March 2018 - I wish I could give you more of what you need
BD2 Aug 2018 - I want a divorce sent by text ILWYBNILWY

O/M Discovered Nov-18

W
BRAND NEW MAN 7
#3: July 03, 2020, 12:45:46 PM
Hi UrsaMajor, Father5.

The Brooks PureGrit8 is on sale and this trail running shoe is phenomenal. Oh my goodness. Cupid showed up early, lol.

I had a gift card so that's the only reason why I brought it as I usually receive all the sale alerts from Brooks, Hoka One One, and Oncloud. My goodness. This is the trail shoe.

Meanwhile the heat is oppressive along the canal as I run on the tow path. LOL, after 4 months of running on it I just learned it's called the tow path. Sometimes I stop to read the historical placards.

Ah, tow path. The boats were pulled along the canal usually by person or animal. It's hot along the canal. There is a section where there is the Carnegie Lake and the cool breeze off of it is incredible. Well I wasn't in that section today.

I did see a frog hop right in front of me yesterday going from lake to canal. They can jump really high. Meanwhile the chipmunks have turned suicidal as they dont get out of the way anymore. Maybe it's the heat.

Yesterday I saw 3 deer. 2 young ones and they just stood right on the path. One ran back to its mom who was in the woods however the other I could have touched.

Also, 2 Great Blue Heron flying in perfect symmetry one above the other. Maybe 10 feet apart. However, it gave the illusion that the bottom one was a reflection on the water. Those birds are really beautiful.

I have to strategize for tomorrow as the half marathon is going to be brutal in this heat. Now I'm down to 60 miles.  ;D Overall I'm at roughly 620 miles so I have a way to go.

I'm only concerned with the duration of the divorce and losing any potential leverage. There is nothing I can do at the moment. I need a court date to bring this criminal to justice.

I think if we change the verbiage to criminal it makes it so much more palatable. LOL....

Anyway there is nothing I can do for her. My mom has a friend who did this to her husband when they were in their 40's.

She went with OM, dated him forever, and both were heavy gamblers. She eventually ditched OM. She lost everything, went broke, lives with her daughter and still hasn't changed and now is in her 70's.

I already lost too much and made enough sacrifices. If they don't add to your life then they are not worth keeping in your life.

I don't need a label to describe myself. I'm simply saying I will not accept her toxicity in my life. Time will tell how her story plays out.

I'm sure I will feel something when I get divorced. Currently I feel nothing. I want the consequence delivered. That's what I crave.  ;D

Enjoy your day guys

Thank you

W
BRAND NEW MAN 7
#4: July 04, 2020, 02:23:12 PM
Well today is Independence Day. It's also she got served divorce papers day. Oh man, how could they serve her on the 4th of July, lol.

This morning I went with the Brooks Ghost 12 for a half marathon. The temperature was cooler however the humidity was a killer. I was beyond drenched. It's pretty bad when even the sneakers stink.

I would have preferred to run in Minnesota, however IDK if I would have wanted Thunder and Stillbaffled to see me dripping wet and full of stink.  ::) That wouldn't have been a good first impression.

LOL, I just presume I would have seen Thunder and Stillbaffled as they represent Minnesota. I ran in an ordinary park today just to get it done.

A half marathon is pretty brutal in this heat. Usually during the Summer I only run 5K and a few 5 milers as that is all that is offered.

I started at 730am so I was done by 930am before the heat really went into effect. It's pretty bad when your sneakers are just wet from swet. Dripping. I think I burned 1800 calories for today's run.

Upon returning home I immediately went to the washer machine, stripped down and cleaned that mess. I can pull off naked so it's ok.

Naked bearded man would probably be a better look but I have no patience to grow one as the itch gets to me eventually.

Oh maybe Thunder or Stillbaffled would have let me borrow their washer machine if I were in Minnesota.

The Red, White, Boom shirt is actually pretty nice and I ran with it on this morning. I think they call it a tech shirt. Alledged dry fit technology.

The mask is also really cool that they sent however I didn't need to wear it.

I was invited to a barbecue and went with the Hoka One One Rincon as it's a great barbecue sneaker. It's a pretty lousy running shoe so I have to wear it somewhere.

So I have reached 242 miles on the Toll Booth Challenge. Tomorrow I have to move furniture. So I have only 47 miles to go and then I can cut back on my running. I will have 700 miles by the end of July so 1,000 for the year will happen.

Oh will I be divorced before I hit 1,000 miles is the question.

Enjoy your day everyone

Re: BRAND NEW MAN 7
#5: July 04, 2020, 04:01:41 PM
Watcher you forget my H ran Marathons and Half Marathons, I am used to seeing men (and women) drenched in sweat afterwards.  I feel nothing but proud for every one of them that crossed that finish line.

So yes you have a banana, a water or a popsicle afterwards and cool down.
But what you did was amazing.  I can only wish I had that kind of stamina, as I'm sure others do too.

My H was a big time sweater too and he thought it was disgusting, but I found it very sexy.
So no worries.   :)

Just glow in the limelight afterwards.
A quote from a recovered MLCer: 
"From my experience if my H had let me go a long time ago, and stop pressuring me, begging, and pleading and just let go I possibly would have experienced my awakening sooner than I did."

W
BRAND NEW MAN 7
#6: July 05, 2020, 04:25:19 AM
LOL Thunder,

Well I hope you know how to swim because I was melting like an iceberg in the Sahara Desert yesterday and a lake was quickly forming.

That half marathon would have been a 630am Minnesota start I believe. I'm sure the humidity would have been just as bad since I started at 730am which is 630am in Minnesota time, lol.

I'm still running good without any music. On a day like yesterday the humidity actually builds up in the arm band and just plays havoc with the phone.

The holidays used to be a problem after BD for me however I'm just over it. Yesterday I would have been in Minnesota. Covid19 has us all handcuffed at the moment with travel and socializing.

We all have to adjust to life as we were forced to be single against our wishes. Again it's up to everyone to drop that dead deer carcass one day. Admitting that ones marriage is dead and over has absolutely nothing to do with standing.

That old life is never coming back and no one should really want it back anyway because it probably wasn't all great.

Actually it's quite healthy for an LBS to operate from the position that I am no longer going to tolerate being treated a certain way by anyone.

I will just tune it out and move on. I noticed why I like work so much now. I have a co worker who is soooooooo negative. Its beyond draining and I haven't worked with him since March.

We were at the office together one day last week. His negativity was suffocating me. So I will cut him out of my life for good.

Other people create drama where there really is no need for it so it's easier just to remove myself as I don't need it in my life.

As for kids, well a parents role is to prepare them to go off into the great big world. Its important that a parent has a life outside of their children. This is one of my STBX's problems. She had no life outside of our kids.

Oh she did me a favor by controlling them and keeping them away from me. Keep away from Watcher. The amount of energy that one has to foster to keep those 2 boys in authoritarian control must be exhausting.

Such a flawed human being that she views children as pawns who are to be manipulated and dominated and yes, she too, is a great Catholic. LMAO....

Well Covid19 should have taught everyone a lesson. I guess some people are still struggling with the BD lesson so maybe Covid19 lesson was not so clear.

Children grow up one day and they thank their parents by shipping them off to a home one day. AKA America's euthanasia program. Yes at a certain age one must lose their children's phone number. Block them.

Live off the grid. Move if you have to. Do whatever you have to do to survive. That day is coming for all of us, lol.

So that's my last make up race. The next race is still scheduled for October and that is the Marine Corps Marathon. I have to finish this challenge during the next 10 days and then I can scale back the running.

I mean, Covid19 is still here so it's not like I can do much anyway.

Enjoy your day Thunder

Thank you

s
BRAND NEW MAN 7
#7: July 05, 2020, 07:27:42 AM
Yeah, we'd have found a shower and and laundry facilities for you, Watcher!  Not to worry, I'm also used to runners and lots and lots of sweat! 

It's been hovering around 90 degrees up north in my neck of the woods and the humidity is crazy - your run here would have been nasty hot. 

BD: 1/1/16
Together 15 years - married 7 years
His divorce final 7/26/16
Married the OW

After all, tomorrow is another day.

W
BRAND NEW MAN 7
#8: July 06, 2020, 08:43:46 AM
Hi Stillbaffled.

The heat and humidity have been pretty bad in NJ with no end in sight. We get the pop up thunderstorms however they are providing no relief.

Covid19 is making matters worse as options are really limited. For the most part I adhere to the rules and stay away from people and keep to solitary outdoor activities. You know that's a typical LBS responsible move.

Meanwhile Covid19 doesn't seem to bother many folks (the MLCers) so it makes me question why bother with social distancing.

The crowds are at the beaches so I'm avoiding the shore. I guess Kickboxing is the only activity that has been taken from me. Finding an adult beverage on a hot day is probably another activity impacted.

Well obviously the races have been impacted and I tied them into my traveling. So who knows when life returns to a new normal. Maybe Grandma's Marathon, Red, White and Boom or the Minneapolis Marathon on a return when it can be Covid19 clear.

I found the media coverage on the 4th of July laughable. Here the media spent the month of June portraying the United States as a country with a horrible history. LOL, yea, it is just the U.S with the horrible history. ::) Then that same media has the nerve to celebrate its birthday. LOL.....

I'm a history major so I can tear apart other countries rather easily if I have to defend myself.  ::)

The media likes to gaslight the public as they are MLCers themselves.

No adventures today. Just a quick run after work to whittle down the remaining 47 miles. Tomorrow I'm going to Wharton State Forest which has an old iron works which has buildings still standing.

Yea I cannot escape the Continental Army as this iron works did produce supplies for the war effort.

Wow, laundry facilities and a shower. Now that's Minnesota hospitality.  ;) LOL....

Enjoy your day Stillbaffled

W
BRAND NEW MAN 7
#9: July 06, 2020, 07:50:33 PM
It stormed early evening and the temps finally dropped. I had the tow path to myself tonight along the canal to bang out a quick 6 miles.

This is my week to run in the early evening during the 6-7pm range so the temps are cooler. However the humidity is always there nonetheless.

Those Brooks PureGrit8 trail shoes have quickly become my favorite. At $85 they are a steal. There must be a newer model coming out to replace it and hence the price drop.

I am now down to 41 miles so 6 miles a day for the next 7 days will bring the Toll Booth Challenge to an end next Monday. No need to push myself beyond that timetable.

I believe July 14th will be the 4 month Covid19 shutdown mark here in NJ. My plans for tomorrow were delayed until either Wednesday of the weekend.

I was passing this farm field while the sun was going down just wondering if this is it. When does life change with LBS status, Covid19 status, divorce status.

I would like to go to my own home. Something that is just mine would be nice. It would be nice to not have to fill time. OMG I think I want to settle down.  :o LOL...

W
BRAND NEW MAN 7
#10: July 07, 2020, 05:36:08 AM
My W once told me that I had to forgive and forget. I thought to myself, how nice of her. I've seen this forgiveness topic on a few threads now.

Well there is no law that says I have to forgive and most certainly never forget. I don't consider myself angry nor bitter. Instead of forgiveness, I opt to go with "Go Firetruck Yourself".

It delivers a clear and strong message and ,yet, can be delivered with a hint of subtleness and sophistication, leaving the recipient to question your true intentions. Now that's going to be my next thread title so no one steal it please.

I believe "Go Firetruck Yourself" will serve one much better during their crisis than forgiveness. "Go Firetruck Yourself" may even serve one better after their crisis.

"Firetruck This Sh!te" is another favorite of mine and possibly another potential future thread title so I am copyrighting that one also while I am at it.

The possibilities with "Go Firetruck Yourself" and "Firetruck This Sh!te" are endless.

Well I'm only at 5 years post BD and just entering the "Go Firetruck Yourself" phase. I think this one comes after Acceptance I believe. I used "Firetruck This Sh!te" to file for divorce. See how well they work in conjunction.

Really, she's calling me again. "Go Firetruck Yourself" and don't answer it. See how simple it works.  Hey can you do me a favor. "Firetruck This Sh!te". Works just as well.

Maybe forgiveness is better utilized in 10-15 years after their storm has passed. Meanwhile "Go Firetruck Yourself" and "Firetruck This Sh!te" will help one much better to get through it.

Be careful with forgiving them too early as it may come back to bite you. It opens up so many doormat possibilities. Meanwhile we are talking about at least 10 years here so why rush into forgiveness. There's a long crisis that has to play itself out and plenty of time to ponder it.

Forgive a woman who chased the attention of so many men. Hmm.... Nah, I will stick with "Go Firetruck Yourself". Definitely the type of woman that I would look to avoid in any potential future relationship. So if I ever see that type of behavior again I would utilize "Firetruck This Sh!te". Never Again.

Enjoy your day everyone  ;D

BRAND NEW MAN 7
#11: July 07, 2020, 05:46:32 AM
I rather like  "Firetruck This Sh!te".
Less focus on the MLCer  :)
My mother....who was not given to cursing....developed a bit of midlife grrr in her late 50s. She would hold up the first segment of her middle right hand finger and mutter under her breath 'Bc you're not worth the whole finger'.....also a favourite  :)

I take it your comment about calling again was as an illustration, Watcher....that your stbxw is not calling you again?  :(
T: 18  M: 12 (at BD) No kids.
H diagnosed with severe depression Oct 15. BD May 16. OW since April 16, maybe earlier. Silent vanisher mostly.
Divorced April 18. XH married ow 6 weeks later.
Healing and growing found here https://littleplotbythesea.wordpress.com

"Option A is not available so I need to kick the s**t out of Option B" Sheryl Sandberg

K
BRAND NEW MAN 7
#12: July 07, 2020, 10:09:03 AM
I don't think forgiveness at the very early stages is authentic, even if we think it is with all of our hearts. I think it is more a fear and even a bit of negotiation--"See how forgiving I am? I deserve to be your spouse again." But, it is only a stage of the grief process. And truly, I thought I had forgiven my H early on. But I surely didn't.

Now I am at a point where I see the person he is now. It is not a person I know at all. Certainly not "my" person. And so do I even owe him forgiveness at all? Or better yet, is forgiveness required as he is an adult free to make his own choices. They are not choices a decent human would make, but they are his nonetheless. These days I am not so concerned with forgiving. I am more striving for giving Zero F's.

And giving zero F's is more in line with F#$% this Sh!te. ;)
Me 49
H 47
S13
BD 5/16
H Moved out 6/16
OW--yes. Worked for H. EA turned into PA while I was in chemo. On again/off again like every high school romance

D
BRAND NEW MAN 7
#13: July 07, 2020, 02:15:17 PM
Oh yes, the middle of the divorce process.  I remember it well.  The height of  "Go Firetruck Yourself" and "Firetruck this $h!tee".  That glorious anger that propels you forward toward freedom from the neverending limbo and the constant mind firetruckery of the MLCer. 

There will be loads of time for forgiveness.... although I have deemed forgiveness toxic - designed to give me one more reason to beat myself up over LB's ridiculous, awful, immoral behavior.  So, no I don't forgive him or my ex never friend for what they did to me and my children.  Their behavior was so wrong and twisted and cruel I am entitled to my disgust and anger.  I refuse to see my lack of forgiveness of these awful people as a character flaw of mine as compared to what they have done.  So, no guilt, no forgiveness. 

But I seek no revenge either.  Like Treasur's Mom they aren't worth the whole finger... probably not even the half if I am honest.  I am content with the thought that when they each get to the pearly gates there will be a notation on their file that they will need to explain to the Lord.  And if the Lord himself deems them worthy of forgiveness then I shall consider it, but not before.                         
Married 1998
MLC H 48
LBS W 47
D16, S12
BD March, 2016
Left home Sept 4, 2016 - living with parents
H filed for D - July 24, 2017
D final March 14, 2018 - still living at parent's house

“You've seen my descent, now watch my rising.”
― Jalaluddin Rumi

e
#14: July 07, 2020, 02:33:33 PM
Watcher,

I am also five years out. My divorce has been done for 2 years. I still go the "firetruck yourself". I have no interest in forgiving or forgetting. I need to remember what happened, so this never happens to me again. Once we divorced it was easier to let go of what we once had. Scary thing while I was working on myself as I realized we really didn't have what I thought we had. I really thought he was great person. Looking back, I was a bad judge of character.

• Trial Subscriber
BRAND NEW MAN 7
#15: July 07, 2020, 07:52:24 PM
Following along!!!

5 years, wow.

-SS
W - 39
M - 43
Together 25 years, M 22
No kids
BD - 27th April 2019

• Back to being #1 for my daughters!!!!
BRAND NEW MAN 7
#16: July 08, 2020, 08:54:04 AM
Hello,

There is a great book called "Forgiveness is a choice" I highly recommend that if you have the opportunity, you read the book. This is for you, not her. However, with that said, I have not truly forgiven my ex to this day. I have moved closer and sometimes I feel as if I am on the edge, but my heart hardens and I pull back. And she has apologized to me, it's been almost seven years to the date of the divorce and I am happily remarried.

To boot, my ex hasn't pulled half the garbage your ex has. Even when I moved out, she let me see the kids. Our divorce, even though it was bitter, it was short, and over quickly and she left.

Use your running and the gym as your outlet for the moments of rage that well up in you. I use to sit and my car and scream at the unfairness of it all or hit the road for a few miles. Just get the emotions out and move on with what you need to do to get the job done. Just know she is going to be obstinate and unwilling every inch along the way.

And yes, firetruck her, firetruck the system, and firetruck everything that keeps you from being with your sons.

(((Hugs)))

Ready
"Always look in the mirror and love what you see."

W
BRAND NEW MAN 7
#17: July 08, 2020, 03:11:14 PM
Hi Treasur, KIT, Dumbfounded, em5731, Standing Strong, Readytoofixmyselffirst.

Well I'm nowhere near forgiveness because I'm still in the midst of it. I just thought it was an interesting topic. Yes the divorce, home sale, and future court appearances will be part of her games for years to come.

I joke about my situation and say 10 years. Not everyone here will be a 10 yr-er. I was just trying to scare the newbies. LOL....I always said 5 yrs when I started and now I say 10 yrs. So I must like counting by 5's.  ::)

I pushed it to 10 yrs because I have seen no improvement. She is still in Replay if that is what it can be called. Yes it will be interesting how long it will take to get myself out from this situation.

Granted I would have at least already been divorced if not for Covid19. The courts closed March 21st and my trial was March 25th. She will not sign the MSA and I knew she would drag this out. The home sale will be just as bad IMO.

This morning I did venture to Wharton State Forest and visited Batsto Village which was an iron works from the 1800's. I havent read much about it however I believe it was in existence in some form from the 1670's onward.

The buildings are in pristine condition. At least 40 or so historical buildings with the centerpiece being Batsto Mansion. Bog ore was the key component in iron production at this facility. It was crazy hot today and there were not many crazy LBS out there with me. Ok, I maybe have been the lone one.

This is in the Pinelands of NJ so everything is sand and pine trees. The second section I ventured to was the Atsion Mansion (1826). This was also a village at one time.

The mansion is all that has survived. I did not venture into the woods in this section. However, the ruins of all their buildings are located in the woods which would have made for some interesting photos.

These were known as work villages and the workers had housing on site. Today's animal find was a desert camouflage frog. LOL, it probably was poisonous.

Its white corn and blueberry season in NJ. My goodness I have never seen so many blueberry farms.

It just finished raining and now I'm off to the canal tow path for a 6 mile run. Oh I tell my attorney off on the drive home every night in my head. We get one chance at the divorce and he fumbled it bigtime. She should have been pressed from the get go.

I don't expect to hear from him until September. I will not concede on any issue. She signs the February MSA as written or we goto trial.

The biggest frustration is the lack of consequence. It appears that life continues to work in her favor for the moment.

Enjoy your day everyone

Thank you

D
BRAND NEW MAN 7
#18: July 08, 2020, 08:03:56 PM
You were hanging out in my neck of the woods today. I love walking Batsto, although my kids find it creepy, and I spent many a childhood day swimming at Atsion Lake.  My first job, when I was 12, was working on a blueberry farm. My cousins, on my Dad’s side, were cranberry boggers. Small world.
Married 1998
MLC H 48
LBS W 47
D16, S12
BD March, 2016

― Jalaluddin Rumi

BRAND NEW MAN 7
#19: July 08, 2020, 11:23:15 PM
Who are we to "bestow" our forgiveness on someone who does not ask for forgiveness and thinks they are doing just fine? Forgive yourself, of course, for anything you may or may not have done as well as you would like to have done.  But I still have no idea why I would want or need to forgive one who has dumped all over me and does not care. How does that serve me? I've already accepted that he is what he is, I just have no firetrucks I want to give, I live a great life and am mostly content.

Batsto, the next place for me to visit when I get that direction. Sounds good. I saw cranberry bogs and Ocean Spray the last time I was back East.

Keep visiting cool places, Watcher. 
When life gives you lemons, make SALSA!

D
BRAND NEW MAN 7
#20: July 09, 2020, 05:16:24 AM
Amen OffRoad!!
Married 1998
MLC H 48
LBS W 47
D16, S12
BD March, 2016

― Jalaluddin Rumi

W
BRAND NEW MAN 7
#21: July 09, 2020, 07:33:21 AM
Hi Dumbfounded, OffRoad.

Well there was so much to like about Batsto Village. My favorite scene was probably the Sawmill. I loved how Batsto Lake exited into the pond. It could be Carp Pond. LOL I photographed everything and spent the night matching photos with corresponding numbers for each location.

I went around to the shoreline along the pond. Obviously its sandy and the water has a red hue. I guess the sand is reddish in that area or maybe just red as its wet. The plant life looked amazing in the pond.

It took me forever to figure out that the wooden hut was the charcoal kiln.

My favorite building is labeled as the Carriage House according to its number. Its yellowish and sits along a creek. It has a hydraulic ram on one side of the house and a auxiliary power system on the other.

Both pieces are rusted which adds to the beauty. Now I thought it was a Gistmill and the signage said there was one in that area. However, I didnt find that one. Unless I'm reading the map wrong.

I also liked the Stone Horse Barn. The stonework is incredible. There is moss growing on its roof which just adds to it. Wooden stalls on the inside.

The Range Barn had an interesting conveyer belt contraption. Anything iron looks good.

Ok, so I'm thinking they have the Gistmill and the Carriage House listed incorrectly. That yellowish building has to be a Gistmill and they label it a Carriage House. There was no room to store vehicles in that building. LOL, yes that one is bothering me.

It sits on a creek and mills operated off of water. Hmm....giant mill wheels sitting out in front of it. So then I missed the Carriage House, lol.

The Carriage House has to be over by the Piggery and Threshing Barn I believe.

I have never seen a Piggery in my life. That's a slaughterhouse. That was an interesting building design. I liked the stone tower.

The Mule Barn also has nice stonework. The workers living quarters are also well preserved.

Oh I could break down the different textures of sand but I won't.  ::)

Plenty of hiking and biking trails in the area and plenty of water options along the Mullica River.

As soon as I'm done with this challenge then I can scale back the running and get into kayaking and maybe bicycling. The Mullica River Trail is more of a hike while The Batona Trail would have to be a bike.

Black bears are advertised so IDK.  ::)

The Atsion Mansion is well preserved. The Atsion Lake did look phenomenal. Yes, definitely a nice excursion with plenty to see and do outdoors.

The white corn stand had only 2 cars in it on my way down. On my way back it had maybe 50 cars so I didn't stop.

I knew NJ was a big cranberry state. I would have to think that blueberries are just as popular after seeing all those farms yesterday.

I have the office today.  :-\

Enjoy your day ladies

Oh, of course, how could I forget the Batsto Mansion which sits as its centerpiece.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 07:36:35 AM by Watcher »

D
BRAND NEW MAN 7
#22: July 09, 2020, 09:59:33 AM
The tea colored water here, which we call "cedar water", is a result of the tannic acids present in the local plant life and more specifically the Atlantic White Cedar ... hence the "cedar" water.  Black bears are more of a recent phenomenon... that pass through occasionally than a real thing here.  But it was known as the blueberry capital of the world when I was growing up... not sure if it still holds that title but we grow some seriously yummy blueberries here.

When I was little, Batsto had live animals there ... sheep and horses and such and my Mom would often pack us a picnic lunch and then we would go visit the animals and if we were good she would give us carrots to feed the rabbits.  Kayaking and canoing in the area is beautiful and peaceful.   

If you are interested, another fun historic place father down into Cape May is Cold Spring Village.  They actually have live demonstrations going on most weekends and the kids and I have done the ghost tour at night which was very well done although a bit buggy.

Married 1998
MLC H 48
LBS W 47
D16, S12
BD March, 2016

― Jalaluddin Rumi

W
BRAND NEW MAN 7
#23: July 10, 2020, 04:54:34 AM
Hi Dumbfounded.

Ah that is a perfect way to describe it. Tea colored water. It contrasts nicely with the sand and plant life.

The kayak rental is across from Atsion Lake. There are a variety of options to choose. They launch from Quaker Bridge Road. Now I was driving east on it from the Mansion but decided to turn around.

LOL, supplies for the Continental Army were moved along Batsto River. See I can't escape it. I mean they even made cannonball from the bog ore.  ::)

So Batsto River/Lake from village, to Quaker Bridge Road to Rt 206 was the probable supply line. The kayak trip just does it in reverse.

Quaker Bridge Rd is narrow and sand. Meanwhile I saw some signage that said maybe I wasn't supposed to be driving on it. Looking at the maps now I can see that it is a legitimate road.

I have never been to Cold Spring Village. The boys and I have climbed the lighthouse on the hottest August day ever, lol. I did look up Cold Spring Village online and it looks like a worthwhile visit.

So I am down to 22.81 miles and then the Toll Booth Challenge is over. Last night was not bad however Wednesday night was just humidity brutal. Worse than the half marathon run on the 4th.

Today NJ is being bombarded by a Tropical Storm. I'm not quite sure where is came from so I have to get running early as it's supposed to rain all day.

Enjoy your day everyone

Thank you Dumbfounded

M
#24: July 10, 2020, 05:05:32 AM
Thanks for the lovely images from your runs, Watcher. I will be concluding my D this year, also delayed due to Covid and the MLCer’s antics. I can not forgive my H for all the reasons everyone has already mentioned. If I do one day, it will probably be good for me, but I do not blame myself in any way for not being able to do so thus far. It’s not something I dwell on or strive to do. It’s way at the bottom of my list of things I need to achieve to be happy within myself.

Married 1989, together since 1984 
BD May 2014,
D25, D22, S15
OW Physical Affair same one. He and she said she turned 34 the month of BD. She turned 52 this year.

W
BRAND NEW MAN 7
#25: July 11, 2020, 06:28:17 AM
Hi Milly,

Well I believe I'm the one man who can't get divorced  ::) Maybe 5 more years when Covid finally clears up in the U.S. Afterall Milly, she wanted to get divorced and all she has to do is sign the MSA.

Covid is swinging back towards the East Coast so we should be back on lockdown in September. I mean, the rest of the country really must have thought it was only a NY/NJ phenomena.

This Covid is quickly becoming MLC. Pretty soon I will be saying this is 5 years post Covid BD.

Oh believe me when I tell you, I mistakenly found the most conscientious and righteous attorney ever, LOL.... She will be taken care of, LOL.

That's a good point. I don't dwell on anything related to her any longer and accept that she is just going to be this way for many years ,if not, forever. Meanwhile I still have a Covid19/quarantine Summer to enjoy.  ;D

Yesterday I just beat the Tropical Storm and now I am down to 17.09 miles. This weekend I have to work so I will run both nights and finish this running challenge on Monday.

My goodness I have to work in NY this weekend.  :o

So that will be 289.60 miles in 60 days which is a 4.82 daily average. After missing a few days I had to average closer to 6 miles per day and it's rather exhausting, lol.

So now I will be able to scale back running everyday. Oh they tried to tempt me with a 2nd challenge but I wasn't biting. Every other day is enough for me.

I did notice my Garmin does not have a kayak mode and I am so bummed.  ::) So I will utilize the cardio mode. I know, I have such first world problems.

I was working in the office on Thursday and upper management is still trying to get me to transfer permanently to NJ. So IDK....

I live in NJ and worked my 1st 2 years there. When I was promoted I had the choice of choosing NY or Washington DC. Obviously I chose NY because I was married.

So I have been in NY 20 years and the commute is my biggest gripe. If I transfer to NJ then it kills that horrid commute and it gives me more flexibility with living pretty much wherever I want.

It's that whole change is uncomfortable thing.  ::)

IDK, they notice a change in me since I have been working solely in NJ during these 4 months now. This will be my 2nd weekend in NY.  :-\ I have to think about it.

So being an LBS can suck at times. However, had I still been living at home under her crisis thumb then I would have no life. I would be controlled, berated and worn down by her relentlessly.

In other words Milly, we really have no choice but to enjoy our lives. So what will happen first. The next LBS get together or my divorce, LOL....

Enjoy your day Milly

Thank you

W
BRAND NEW MAN 7
#26: July 11, 2020, 09:30:47 PM
So I am splitting work time now between NY and NJ as we attempt to ease back to something normal.

I find something of interest where I'm working and I no longer rush home. I believe that's why people have noticed a change in me during the last 4 covid months. Granted that first month and a half was pretty bad with all the parks closed.

Today I visited Fort Totten in NY. It was an active military base from 1862-1970's. The center piece is "The Castle" (1887) which served as the Officers Quarters I believe and is just beautiful. Purportedly designed by Robert E. Lee, so IDK....

Many of the installations from the early to mid 1900's still stand. The visitor center is closed as well as access to the fort ruins. This is probably covid related as everything indoors is closed no matter where I go to visit. The fort ruins are probably permanently closed because of the danger. IDK...The ruins would be the gun batteries that housed the artillery.

However, one can easily get the feel of being in a fort as it sits on the water. Today it's a multi function Coast Guard, FDNY, NYPD, EMS and Army Reserve facility. It's open to the public and offers a unique walking around experience.

Fort Totten sits on one side of the Throgs Neck Bridge in Queens and its sister ,Fort Schuyler, sits on the other side in the Bronx. I will be able to visit the sister fort next week.

I have visited Fort Jay on Governor's Island and Castle Clinton in lower Manhattan previously. Both well worth the visit. I've only driven over the Throgs Neck Bridge about 5,000 times so I took the time to stop and explore today.

LOL, I just learned of these 2 forts today. The weather was great after work however the sun was really strong and impacted my photography. I didn't find much to photograph anyway. I'm picky that way.

It eventually rained again today so I'm still stuck on 17.09 miles. Tomorrow I have to get out early. The medals did arrive today in the mail and I'm really impressed with the quality from a virtual race. I believe they are ceramic.

I completed the Garden State Parkway race, the NJ Turnpike race and therefore earned the Toll Booth Challenge medal. So 3 in total, and ,yes, I still have to finish it.

LOL, so I did sign up for the next challenge as it will get me through to Sept 14th. This one, however, is only 126 miles in 62 days. I was taking no chances with doubling up my races this time. This one is called the Northeast Corridor Challenge after the trains that run from Boston to Washington, DC.

The 126 miles represent the rail distance between Trenton, NJ and Baltimore, MD line. There is a disclaimer stating not to run on any railroad tracks. It's a 2.0 mile a day pace so I can take quite a few days off a week.

So we will see what happens tomorrow.

W
BRAND NEW MAN 7
#27: July 12, 2020, 05:11:47 PM
Its Summertime and I found my next challenge. It's the Gelati Endurance Invitational. Oh yea.  ;D No special skills required for this one and open to all LBS.

I'm at work late tonight and these are the pitfalls of working. So mango with vanilla custard was the winner. You have to go with large. Don't sell yourself short. Summer doesn't last forever.  ;) Garmin does not have a Gelati mode unfortunately.

I know a place where the lemon ice comes with the pits. Now that's authentic. Out of this world.

I ran this morning and now I'm down to 10.98 miles. So I will be finished on Tuesday. Overall I'm at 670 miles on the year as this 289.60 challenge ends.

The next challenge starts this week but I'm in no rush as that's only 126 miles by Sept 14th. I have to start working in the kayak and more hiking now. Everyday running can stop after Tuesday and I can go every 3 days now.

My goodness the bigger challenge was 578 miles and thankfully I didnt sign up for that one. I never would have come close to it.

I went hiking in the mountains afterwards and it was rather nice just to walk. Algae, moss and fungi were the big catches today. Don't ask. I have no clue why certain things interest me.  ::) Put some of that stuff on decomposing trees and we have a winner, lol.

So the other day I was reviewing fight footage of Rocky Balboa. This would be during our Tropical Storm. Now Mike Tyson would have killed Rocky had they fought IMO.

Rocky had very poor technique versus Clubber Lang and Ivan Drago and Tyson would have taken advantage of his carelessness. Tyson definitely with a 1st round KO over Balboa.

Tomorrow I'm off. So it's an early run and then I finally have to pay the tax man. No more escape and avoidance for me.  :-\

s
BRAND NEW MAN 7
#28: July 13, 2020, 09:52:57 AM

Rocky had very poor technique versus Clubber Lang and Ivan Drago and Tyson would have taken advantage of his carelessness. Tyson definitely with a 1st round KO over Balboa.

Ivan Drago cheated and used steroids.   ;)

I'll stick with Rocky, the underdog, every day of the week!   
Married the OW

W
BRAND NEW MAN 7
#29: July 13, 2020, 07:31:02 PM
Yes Stillbaffled.

Ivan Drago was a cheater. He represents the arrogance and entitlement of MLC. It is the story of the underdog. Good versus evil. Right versus wrong. LBS versus MLCer, LOL.....

The best scene is when Rocky finally cuts Drago the Invincible. Then he has Drago against the ropes while the bell rings and he doesnt stop punching and a brawl breaks out. His fear was gone.  ;)

So today I filed my taxes as married filing separately. There is just no way to drop this married label. It follows me everywhere. I even had to put her name on my form.

I went with her maiden name originally , however , I thought about it and didn't want to screw up my return. So I went with her tax name.  ::) There should be a box to check that says MLCer spouse so it's just understood.

Is your spouse going to itemize her deductions ? LMAO.... How on earth am I supposed to know that answer ?

I owe a lot however it's less then what I had envisioned. It kind of felt good to do it on my own. She did not want to file together as it was offered during the February mediation and I'm sure she also owes money herself. Hopefully.  ;)

Today was beautiful as usual but I had taxes. Work had a trip and they needed people to travel to Houston. Well if it weren't for Covid I would have gone. I'm not getting on a plane and it's probably 120 degrees in Texas.

I've been there before in May and it was cooler at 100 degrees and that was at 11pm. I worked to midnight while I was there and they have the biggest mosquitos that I have ever seen in my life. Windows up and AC on. Those critters are monsters and they just bounce off your windshield.

However, by far, the best steak, hamburgers and barbecue anywhere. The food is unbelievable.

So I was able to run around 7pm in my Brooks Ghost 12's , red, white and blue pair. Tomorrow I just have to run 4.80 miles and this Toll Booth Challenge will finally conclude.

Have a good night

Thank you Stillbaffled

W
BRAND NEW MAN 7
#30: July 14, 2020, 02:10:37 PM
Bubonic Plague in Morrison, Colorado. Now that's an old school plague. We are talking medieval times. I could be wrong but I think you don't have to wash your hands for this one. Fleas are the culprit as they found an infected squirrel, most likely from Europe, since that's where Bubonic Plague always historically originated.

Brooks has very cool sherpa running hats. Mine just arrived the other day. I ordered two as I needed to expand my running accessories.

Now if you happen to live in Dumbarton, Scotland, do not walk your dog over the Overtoun Bridge. Apparently there is a high rate of dogs committing suicide as they jump off it. They actually call it the dog suicide bridge.

Hello, who is actually walking their dog on dog suicide bridge. That's gotta be some MLCer BS story.

Apparently, the strong scent of Mink urine is the alledged culprit. I believe one would have to wash their hands if they come into contact with Mink urine. Just sayin.

I finished running this morning and now I have absolutely nothing to do with myself. Thankfully I signed up for that next running challenge. I will take a few days off and start next week.

I am actually now back to working in NY for an unknown duration and IDK if I will like it. I survived today, however I ran this morning, therefore taking it easy for the rest of the night does work for me today.

When I work in NY the objective is always to beat rush hour. That's very stressful. So I may have to put in for that transfer as commuting doesn't appeal to me any longer.

I'm off this weekend so I'm looking forward to getting out and actually just walking and finding some water, lol.

Enjoy your day everyone
« Last Edit: July 14, 2020, 02:11:59 PM by Watcher »

W
BRAND NEW MAN 7
#31: July 17, 2020, 11:18:55 AM
Obi Wan had to be an LBS while Anakin was definitely the MLCer. So that would mean Padme was the OW. She killed their bromance as evidenced by their duel on Mustafar in Revenge of the Sith.

Today is day 3 of no running. My 2nd challenge (126 miles) is underway but I will start on Monday. Since Cupid has still not taken aim at me I was forced to focus on mirror work. This is what happens when I don't run. ::)

IDK... I have either gained 20lbs or lost 20lbs. I have no scale. Anyway I have noticed that I look better with a few days off. That makes absolutely no sense. Again its probably a figment of my imagination but I'm liking the results, even if, they are just in my head.

Work is killing me this week. Back in NYC and just sucking the life out of me. Yep, this is not for me anymore.  I've been busy the last 2 nights so I had no chance to run or do anything anyway.

Ooh new Jason Aldean, "Got What I Got".  ;D

'When I Got What I Got, I don't miss what I had'. Sooooo true !

So running apparently does wonders on ones legs, midsection, and pelvis region. That's where my focus was last night and this morning, lol.

'She said baby do you ever miss being alone ?'
 'I said Hell No, I Don't'. LOL....

At least my sternum is finally clearing up since up not wearing that workout monitor everyday. It does distract while conducting mirror work.

I'm still in escape and avoid from Covid19. Ducking and weaving to the best of my ability and saving countless lives in the process. I'm a humanitarian.

Enjoy your day everyone  ;)

W
BRAND NEW MAN 7
#32: July 18, 2020, 05:01:59 PM
"Hey, hey, hey
Here I go now
Here I go into new days"...

-Metallica 'I Disappear' .

Play that one on loud while driving.  ;D Oh you can also play Aldean 'Got What I Got' on high volume.  ::) "Done" by Chris Janson but he and Aldean are more future relationship appropriate songs.

Today I visited Prallsville Mills along the Delaware River. They have a good looking Grist Mill and Grain Silo (both 1877). A Linseed Oil Mill (1794) which is now an art gallery. I think the Grist Mill host's weddings. The Sawmill is from 1850. There was a Salt Pork House.

The John Prall Jr House (1794) is a Georgian design and in great shape. There were a few other buildings. The area is a hot spot for tubing on the Delaware so parking is tight around the historic buildings. So pictures are difficult as I didn't want parked cars in them and the sun was strong.

I went to eat afterwards however the restaurant that was recommended to me was closed. IDK... I think I had the correct one. Anyway it's a nice little historic spot and probably better suited for the Fall for photos.

So I will have to go back earlier next time because I would like a photo of the front of the Grist Mill and Grain Silo as the sun was just too dominant today. The photos from behind came out fine plus I missed a few smaller structures.

I have my Aunts home tomorrow, so no fun.  :-\ Next week I have already found Red Mill Museum Village which looks real nice. Also, I made my appointment for kayaking on Batsto River. That is a 4-5 hour kayak trip so we will see if I survive.

I did see a video of a kayaker in North Carolina who was hit by a charging alligator. LOL.... I believe there are no alligators in NJ so I should be fine.

Enjoy your day everyone

W
BRAND NEW MAN 7
#33: July 19, 2020, 07:36:03 PM
Another wasted Sunday cleaning out my Aunt's home. Yes we have Covid19 and oppressive heat but I can find much better ways to entertain myself. Now that I'm stuck working in NYC for the moment I need to find my outlet as I did while working in NJ. Meanwhile the last thing I want to do is sacrifice anymore of my days off from work.

I've had 5 days off from running so I have to get back on the horse tomorrow and get moving on this new 126 mile challenge.

So I will be running morning's this week and then work in the evening. So tomorrow's objective is the Little Red Lighthouse under the George Washington Bridge. I have to figure out how to reach it on foot.

Work is just horrid now. Hmm, it's hard to explain. Just imagine going to your job knowing that you were about to accomplish nothing during the day. Results are impossible and you know this as you drive to work. All I'm being asked to do is report to work and check a box. So I have to find ways to entertain myself. One week back in NY and I've had it.

I have found 2 points of interest next Saturday with the Red Mill grist mill (1810) and the Cooper grist mill (1826) which are both in excellent condition and in 2 different areas.

Anyway I like just spending the day out on history ventures albeit being Covid responsible at the same time. I was in my element yesterday at Prallsville Mills. Nature and history.  ;D

So I will see what I can come up with this week.

W
BRAND NEW MAN 7
#34: July 20, 2020, 08:43:08 AM
Brutal heat today at 8am. Just brutal for a run. So I kicked off the Northeast Corridor Challenge (126 miles) with a 5.20 mile start. Brutal is the operative word. I had nothing left in the tank. When you stop sweating than you know its time to call it quits.

The sweat just pours off the brim of my hat and its ice cold like its straight from a Spring Well. The usual humidity dripping wet mess. Just nasty weather we are experiencing. I mean 7am is probably the earliest I can run but that's probably not much better in this oppressive heat.

Meanwhile I cannot drop dead just yet because I cannot change my life insurance policy until a life event with that being divorce.  ;)

I now have 685 miles on the year and will run strictly Monday thru Friday this week as I have those sexy grist mills on Saturday and kayaking on Sunday.  ;D

My work schedule is such a mess. So now I'm off to find the Little Red Lighthouse that sits under the George Washington Bridge. There is no parking so I have to dump my car and traverse the terrain and figure it out.

If there are people there then they are soooooo going to ruin the photo shot. So this maybe just a recon mission and I may have to go back at 7am some other day for photos. I have to do that sometimes.  ::)

Afterall it's all about being the Lighthouse.  ::) LOL....

This is also Revolutionary War territory. Fort Lee sits on the NJ side of the Hudson River and it has a nice interpretative center while the remnants of the fort still exist. Fort Washington sat on the NY side of the Hudson River and no longer exists.

Both forts were used by the Continental's to harass the British ships en route to Canada and lower Manhattan. Both forts fell pretty early during the war as George Washington's NY campaign was a complete disaster. He didn't find his bearings until he was in NJ.

Enjoy your day everyone

• How I long for your precepts! Psalm 119:40
BRAND NEW MAN 7
#35: July 20, 2020, 02:43:22 PM
Watcher,

I am vicarously enjoying your excursions!

You have no idea what heat is... just sayin - it's currently 22°C at almost 7 pm here in  Rio this evening - 71% humidity - it's midwinter!! :P

Keep on, really enjoying the historic background!!
M 58
H 58
S 28
D 25
BD 13 Dec 2010
Divorced 27 Feb 2015 (30 years marriage)

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future" Jeremiah 29:11

• MLCer Type: Vanisher
#36: July 20, 2020, 02:54:30 PM
My dad was a lifelong jogger- his trick was to pile ice cubes in a classic tennis hat.
me 51
H 51
M 27
BD 1/15/ 10 then BD 8/21/10
D final 8/13

W
BRAND NEW MAN 7
#37: July 20, 2020, 04:25:25 PM
Hi Mitzpah, FTT.

So I did find the lighthouse. The area is heavily congested with the bridge, major roadways and trains so I had a hard time envisioning how I could reach it. I parked my car and it took about 15 minutes to walk to its location which was not bad at all for NY standards.

I had to enter 2 pedestrian tunnels to bypass the roadways and cross a foot bridge over the train tracks.

The Little Red Lighthouse (1880's) actually originated from Sandy Hook, NJ and was decommissioned in 1917.

It found its current home in 1921and was decommissioned for a second time in 1932 as the George Washington Bridge was finished in 1931 and made the lighthouse obsolete.

Hmm, those stairs could probably be climbed in under a minute once inside. Ah, it's only 40 feet tall. That's an easy climb.

Obviously everyone was hiding in the shade as it was close to 100 degrees today so photos were easy especially with the sun behind me. Oh that 15 minute walk was a killer.  ::) Oh my goodness, that's 15 minutes each way, lol.

So I googled a bit when I got back to my car and found Fort Washington site which is now Bennett Park in NYC. It is the highest natural point in Manhattan and that's why they chose it as a fort. Everything is built up now so there is no longer a view of the Hudson River.

There is a Fort Washington monument and one period cannon. Oh this mom let her 2 boys climb all over it for 45 minutes so I had to exercise patience. LOL, those kids had no clue I was prepared to dig in until 10pm. LOL, really 4pm as I was getting hungry.

So they finally exited. Manhattan is built on Manhattan Schist bedrock and there are many examples of it throughout NYC. This park has an example of that rock formation and plaque to go with it.

I ran a 5K back in March past this park. The battle itself took place outside Fort Washington on the grounds of present day Fort Tryon Park just to the north.

I was in Fort Tryon during the Winter on the only day it snowed. Life was much easier back in those days as we were escaping the snow.  So that 5k in March was run along the route of both forts. I did not realize that.

This was a British victory as both forts were surrendered 16 Nov 1776. 8,000 British under Howe versus 3,000 Continentals. Fort Washington was the main base. This Fort Tryon was an extension of it and not necessarily a fort. Maybe an outpost. IDK....

Today Fort Tryon Park is a very nice place to visit. Full of rolling hills and an Art Museum.

Ok, ice cubes are duly noted.  :)

Thank you ladies

W
BRAND NEW MAN 7
#38: July 21, 2020, 01:51:16 PM
Today was another good one. Historic New Bridge Landing in NJ. Now yesterday I was in Fort Washington in NY which the British captured. After that capture, George Washington abandoned Fort Lee in NJ and this bridge was the only escape across the Hackensack River. Totally an accident that I found this place.

So this place marks the Continental retreat across NJ in the Fall of 1776 with the destination finally being Washington Crossing Park in Pennsylvania. Ah, see how it all ties in now. LOL....I'm working backwards.

IDK where the Continentals ran after this stop on their way to PA so I will have to uncover it ::) Washington abandoned Fort Lee on 20 Nov 1776 and he ended up in Pennsylvania. Remember  ::) Washington crosses the Delaware River back into NJ on 26 Dec 1776. So we are not talking forever. LOL....

The Steuben House (1752) is what led me here. Major General Baron von Steuben was German and he volunteered with the Continentals. The house was given to him during the war. It's a Dutch home and they have a very unique design.

So there were a series of engagements over this bridge throughout the war. The banks of the river are thick mud and there is a British gun ship, Kate Lawrence, submerged in the water allegedly and its exposed during low tide. Well I was present for low tide and saw the wood submerged in the water. Looks like wood, submerged in water for a couple hundred years.  ::)

So this historical society relocated 3 other buildings to this park that were not here during the war. Nevertheless they are good looking buildings. The barn is from 1889 and the 2 added Dutch homes are from 1774 and 1794. The one home comes with an Out-Kitchen which is a first for me. A kitchen which is a separate entity from the main house.

So the British landed in Long Island which is present day Brooklyn and fought that battle on 27 Aug 1776. From there they went to White Plains, NY and fought on 28 Oct 1776. They moved onto yesterday's Fort Washington and captured it on 16 Nov 1776. So that's where it all started and now we are all caught up to New Bridge Landing 21 Nov 1776.

I know, I have made a chronological mess, lol. So there's not much further to go backwards.  ::)

I also ran 5.18 miles this morning. With the last challenge I had to run a 10K everyday. For this one I really only need to run a 5K everyday so I can take it a bit easier. Also I'm only running 5 days a week during this one.

Ah, so Washington's retreat to Pennsylvania goes through Newark, New Brunswick, Princeton, Trenton, to PA. Whew.....

Now I have to goto work  :-\

Enjoy your day everyone

W
BRAND NEW MAN 7
#39: July 22, 2020, 08:00:38 AM
This morning I traveled to the not so historic BJ's Wholesale Club for food shopping. I made sure to dress the part and masked up. The mask adds a layer of mystery. Everyone wants to know what's going on behind the mask.  ::)

The eyes are the seduction which leads to the mystery behind the mask, lol. BTW, sloppy mask time is over. People need to show some creativity and up their mask game.

Come on that mask from Home Depot is so April already.

Now I have to work in the office today. BOO Office ! Therefore the office will drain my life force and I will struggle to complete my 5 mile run later tonight.

Hmm, I have no clue where I want to run today. I did look good at BJ's shopping this morning. My blue Ghost 12's and black shorts showing off my legs. Well it's the only time I get to show them off afterall.

I have a white running shirt which accentuates my tan. Now I don't run in this shirt because white becomes see through. Not that I have a problem with see through, however I am running afterall and trying to keep it professional. Therefore it's perfectly fine to wear for shopping as long as it remains dry.    ;)

I have a Brooks hat that matches my Ghost 12's so I was looking well coordinated.

The Marine Corps Marathon has finally canceled however that was to be expected. Oh Luke Combs just cancel already as you are now the Last Man Standing in 2020.

So I will see what happens today. I'm not expecting much. Right now it's all about Jason Aldean and "Got What I Got".  ;D

Enjoy your day everyone

W
BRAND NEW MAN 7
#40: July 25, 2020, 04:50:33 AM
Now Luke Combs has finally canceled and rescheduled. Everyone has rescheduled to that mythical vaccine known as 2021. I guess we just have to make it to New Year's Eve and we will all be saved. LOL, I'm not so sure concerts, marathons and divorces will be returning in 2021 either.

Ticketmaster asked if I wanted a refund. :o No way for the price I got for those concert tickets. Meanwhile I still have no takers on this marriage refund. Still waiting for that one.

I survived the work week in NY. I arrived early everyday to avoid the traffic. That's the only way. Next week I will be back to NJ for 3 days and hopefully that schedule will continue for the remainder of Covid19 or this marriage pandemic. Whichever one ends first.  ::)

I also finished out my run week with the Northeast Corridor Challenge. Well it's a lot easier running 25 miles a week compared to 42. Hmm, my next challenge maybe even less.  ::) I am now at 705 miles on the year.

I think the Judge said I have to run 2,000 miles if I really want that divorce. Oh you thought I was running for fun, lol.....I'm coming back as an MLC man in my next life.

I am off from work this weekend. Today I will be attempting to visit Cooper Mill, Red Mill Village and Waterloo Village. Meanwhile I have to stop and do something at my Aunts house  :-\ as a buyer is coming tomorrow. Someone always finds a way to interrupt my day with those Aunt house requests.

I'm roughly in that area anyway today with my sightseeing and will try to fit it in. Tomorrow I have kayaking on Batsto River and the weather is supposed to be great overall for this weekend. I don't remember how many hours the Judge said I had to paddle for that divorce.

Tomorrow's kayak is 4-5 hours. LOL, IDK if I have the arm strength. I hope he didn't say 2,000 paddle hours because that would take me far into 2025 to achieve.

#41: July 25, 2020, 11:54:47 AM
NPR had a segment on about people who can´t run official marathons. You can create a marathon route, run it and at least for a day has the FKT (fastest known time). In order to have your route accepted to the app, it has to be of interest to others. You could do a couple of historical runs. You´ve already done the leg work- pun intended.
me 51
H 51
M 27
D final 8/13

W
BRAND NEW MAN 7
#42: July 25, 2020, 04:47:05 PM
LOL FTT,

Yes I have already done the leg work. I will look into that as I'm still on the fence about the virtual Marine Corps Marathon and have to decide by Aug 1st. I have the option to defer it to 2021, 2022, or 2023 and still have the option to run vitual this year.

Also, I qualified for the NYC Marathon in 2021 and these two races are a week apart and IDK what NYC is doing about it. I can't run both as they are too close together. Meanwhile NYC may push me back to 2022 since this years race was canceled.

So all I can do is decide the Marine Corps Marathon first as technically I don't qualify for NYC until the New Year and submit my approved application. I also have the NJ Marathon floating around for 2021 and IDK where that one will land. It's either Spring or Fall for all the marathons.

Today I started off at Cooper Gristmill (1826) along the Black River. The building is beautiful and still functions as a mill. This one was used to mill flour. The water wheel and sluice are impressive. The building itself is closed for tours as is mostly everything indoors in NJ.

There are nearby trails and the Black River does sport some quick moving rapids. There is also Half Moon Falls close by. This is man made I believe however its artistically really nice.

My second stop was Waterloo Village (1830's) which was a canal town. This one being the Morris Canal which only exists in sections today. It originally ran from the Hudson River to the Delaware River connecting NY to PA.

There are many period buildings on the grounds containing a few mansions, a church and the typical mills associated with a working canal. This village served as a layover point between ones journey whether they were traveling to NY or PA.

Very photogenic as were all my stops today. Now I had to Google. There is this orange web like grass in the marshland that caught my eye because the photos came out really nice. It's called Dodder which is a parasitic vine, almost web like in its appearance I would say.

Anyway Fall is probably a great time for photos at Waterloo Village. I counted 5 people there so I'm doing my Covid19 part.  ;)

The final stop was Red Mill (1810) Museum Village . This mill is impressive as it sits on the Raritan River I believe and also an impressive man made falls. I didn't notice a sluice so IDK if it's still operational. I did see the water wheel.

This was also the site of a rock quarry that harvested limestone. So there is a rock crusher building, dynamite house, lime kiln, workers residences, school house, cabin and all types of implements that were used for farming. A very impressive wooden/steel bridge across the Raritan River and Mango Gelato in town.  ;D

All 3 locations are worthwhile visits and probably they would have each taken a bit longer had the buildings been open for viewing. Cooper Mill and Waterloo has more walking opportunities while Red Mill has plenty of nice eateries. However its Covid so Mango Gelato won.

Tomorrow kayak.  ;D

Thanks FTT

W
BRAND NEW MAN 7
#43: July 26, 2020, 04:04:02 PM
So today was a 6 mile kayak on Batsto River. The check in process was fairly easy as reservations are only accepted online due to Covid19. I purchased sun screen and bug spray from their store. The price was reasonable. I got bit by one fly while checking in and the lady had me sold on that spray warning me about horse flies.

NJ can be known for nasty green flies which bite incessantly depending on which way the wind is blowing. They have it well organized. Only 2 parties/groups are allowed on one transport bus. I was solo so I was my own party. Meanwhile there was a family of 5 so they were party #2. We arrived early so we started early.

The shuttle ride is 15 minutes and the driver delivered a history lesson as we traveled along Quaker Bridge Road which ran from Tuckerton to Philadelphia back in the day. It basically linked Philadelphia to the Atlantic Ocean some 70 miles away.

The area was pretty much desert as the trees were used to make charcoal for the iron furnace industry. Hogs were used as pull teams.

I was the first in the water and it's pretty much solitary. Occasionally someone will pass you or vice versa. The scenery is really beautiful. I only took like 100 photos and believe me, that's really not easy to pull off, lol.

The weather was a mixture. It opened hot. Then it rained a bit and that felt so good. After it stopped raining then the fog rolled in and finally we were back to hot sun. A really beautiful day.

I did see a snake dancing across the water and one good looking turtle with webbed feet sunbathing. I was told it was way to hot to see animals today. I did see those white flowers that sprout from the lily pads up close, lol.

So the river section is 5 miles and full of obstacles that are easily navigable once you get your bearings. There are sections of beach along the route where you can pull over and get out and the tea color water is just impressive. The water itself was nicely cold.

For the most part you are kayaking with the current and the course continuously makes the letter S. Eventually the Batsto River dumps into Batsto Lake. Prior to that juncture I had to send a text message to the company to let them know I was a mile out from the rendezvous. Very organized.

I forgot to mention the phone and car keys were in a small ziploc bag and then I placed that in a larger ziploc bag, eventhough I had my phone out the entire time. Then I used a runner's nylon bag that held my gatorade, banana, power bars, sunscreen, etc. That bag was easily tied down to the front of the kayak off the water. You do get wet btw.

So the instructor told us to eat a power bar or something prior to the lake as the water just dies. He wasnt kidding. Not only does it die, but it pushes you back towards the river. So the last mile is all work. The lake is also just open so the wind also became a factor blowing me back when I stopped for photos.

I met the driver at the rendezvous location and we had a 20 minute drive back. Everyone had to wear masks btw. Obviously not while on the water. I heard the entire blueberry history lesson on the way back. I also learned about controlled brush fires and how the pine tree is mostly fire retardant due to its bark and sap. I have to say the drivers are well informed and it was a nice addition to the day.

I'm thinking I will feel it in my forearms and shoulders. That's what early poll results are saying however it's still just too close to call.  ::)

Oh I'm hooked of course. I booked Mullica River in 2 weeks and that one is 8 miles. That's the earliest reservation I could get as this place must sell out quickly. They do have an 11 mile course but they scare you by saying "experienced" kayakers, lol. We shall see....

W
BRAND NEW MAN 7
#44: July 27, 2020, 08:13:52 AM
A cautionary tale to all you newbies. You really have to know what your signing up for with all this standing. Old Pilot pushes that GAL agenda. It's not an easy life being an LBS. At some point you become infected with GAL and there is no going back. Just a friendly warning. Turn back now if you have no stomach for GAL. Just sayin.

Yesterday was kayaking. This morning I just finished my work day at 1045am. Oh that pesky pandemic really is hurting me work wise.  ::) My shoulder blades are a little sore this morning however I must soldier on as any good LBS would do with GAL.

I'm in NJ today so now I'm going mountain climbing in Sourland as I have to find this 2nd volcanic debris field. I've denied myself on two previous trips. Afterwards I have to go running along the canal.

I forgot its Monday and I still have to run to meet my 2,000 mile divorce requirement as stated in the unsigned MSA.  ::) The divorce rules are very strict in NJ.

At some point I will have to find some Mango Gelato along the way. Like I said, it's not an easy LBS life. Not everyone is cut out for it.

Hmm, I'm starting to question the real purpose behind this forum and all this standing. You mean to tell me I would give up GAL to take her back and work on our dead marriage.  :o

• How I long for your precepts! Psalm 119:40
BRAND NEW MAN 7
#45: July 27, 2020, 08:51:08 AM
Watcher,

I love kayaking, that was one of things I "lost" at BD. In the demise of our marriage, we lost our club membership and all our small craft (kayak, optimist, laser and tender) were passed on...

We called our kayak "Nanook", it was the name of one of our dogs (an Alaskan Malamute). It was the type you had to get into - of course the kids loved seeing their mom capsize ;D

My daughter went kayaking on river Liffey in Dublin the other day, with all the experience she has - practically brought up on boats - she was quite the show off - it was good to see her laughing!!

I think you enjoy GAL - you are the poster child ;)

Have fun!!!
M 58
H 58
S 28
D 25
BD 13 Dec 2010
Divorced 27 Feb 2015 (30 years marriage)

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future" Jeremiah 29:11

#46: July 27, 2020, 03:33:33 PM
Do share the source of the mango gelato.
me 51
H 51
M 27
D final 8/13

W
BRAND NEW MAN 7
#47: July 28, 2020, 09:27:26 AM
Hi Mitzpah, FTT.

Yes I prefer the kayak that you get into and not the ocean one where you just sit on top of it. I have been in a canoe with my sons before and that was a scary experience depending on them to help keep it balanced.

Well that's a moms role to provide entertainment for their children by capsizing.  ::) The latest Mango Gelato location is in Clinton, NJ at a place called Just Chill Frozen Desserts and Creperie. The have a nice display set up outside the store where you place your order.

I did find volcanic debris field #2 yesterday as the boulders were enormous. Sourland Mountain was never a volcano. I did some research and found the only volcano in NJ is in Sussex County and it was last active some 440 million years ago. The crater is closed to the public, or else, I would have so been there, lol.

It was a steep climb and I actually had to use my hands to maneuver around the boulders. The run along the canal afterwards was torture in this never ending humidity.

This morning I had a dentist appointment and it was run efficiently IMO. They took my temperature upon entering and I had to fill out a form. I kept my mask on until I got into the chair and they only allow one patient in the office at a time.

So today I will just run in the evening. I am now down to 4,000 dollars in personal debt. This being the remains of a loan I took out for her after BD. I have no credit card debt. I've spent the year wisely since I filed. Now I did drag my feet as I do need to carry some debt. At the same time, I also cannot have money accumulating in my bank account.

This should be a simple alimony and CS for 1 child divorce. However, I'm afraid that my clean debt situation plus living at my moms makes it appear like I can afford to pay more than I should have to.

So 2 weeks ago I purchased a new car as I needed one and I really have no direction from my attorney. My thinking is I need to show that I have bills. I have to demonstrate that I have reallistic expenses that have to be taken into consideration.

Now I'm also starting to research apartments. I think it would be best for me to have my own place before I see a Judge. This way it gives an accurate portrayal of my finances and not just some guy living at his mom's house. For some reason my attorney wants to present the guy living with his mom scenario and I really do not see how that works for me.

I'm trying to prevent the court from overreaching financially. Living at my moms house is not an accurate portrayal of what life will be like for me. That 4,000 loan is going to die most likely within the next 6 months. I really think I have no choice but to get an apartment sometime in Sept/Oct as I have no more debt to pay off. Meanwhile, I can afford one so why wait any longer.

She delayed, the court allowed her to delay, my attorney allowed her to delay, so I have to live while they all chose to delay and keep me in limbo.

Today will be a quiet day as I took off for the dentist.

Enjoy your day everyone

BRAND NEW MAN 7
#48: July 29, 2020, 01:19:43 AM
I found something for your heat and humidity issues... Don't know about how good they are for trail running though......

Me - 57, xW - 50
S - 13, D - 9
2 Dogs
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015

Site Map

A "friend" will not "stand by you" no matter what you do. That is NOT a friend. That is an enabler. That is an accomplice.
A REAL friend will sit you down and tell you to your face to stop being a firetrucking idiot before you ruin your life and the lives of those around you.

W
BRAND NEW MAN 7
#49: July 29, 2020, 10:31:40 AM
LOL UrsaMajor,

IDK if those cubes would last long. Today the man has forced me to work in NY so I went exploring for my gelato fix. It's the only way I will survive these oppressive NY working conditions.  ::)

I found a gem today. Dolce Gelato in Franklin Square which is on the Queens/Long Island border. They have probably 20+ flavors and they don't have mango. How on earth is that possible ? I think they may have closer to 32 flavors, lol.

So I went with lemon. Anyway, this one comes with a thin wafer that is shaped like a cone. Very cool presentation as the web site does advertise artisan gelato. They really had some cool looking flavors that didn't appear to be gelato to me, lol.

Tomorrow I'm back in NJ so I will see what I come up with over there. Tomorrow's objective is The Bent Spoon. IDK if they serve gelato. I think they have sorbet. I'm going to gamble and take a chance.

It's still oppressive hot. I ran yesterday and I have to run again today. Oh my goodness with this heat. I'm off on Firday as I have to work this weekend so I will have to find something to do that does not include running in this oppressive heat.

Garmin was down for an entire week. My goodness. Why would someone hack Garmin ? LOL....I should have 50 miles done by this week for the Northeast Corridor Challenge. That leaves me with 76 miles to go with a Sept 14th deadline. LOL, the shorter distance challenges are the best.  ;D

Maybe I will start running backwards just to mock the simplicty of the current challenge.

Enjoy your day everyone

W
BRAND NEW MAN 7
#50: July 29, 2020, 09:57:08 PM
My thinking is the court is going to take advantage of me if I'm still living at my mom's house and my attorney is setting me up. That may sound crazy, however I believe it's easier to force me to comply than get her to comply.

Now I'm scheduled to pay roughly 1800 a month in support which is according to NJ law. Meanwhile they want us to pay school tuition for high school and she wants CS for our 20 yr old man son. Do you see how it adds up and it's designed to keep me at my mom's house forever.

Remember I'm the LBS and not the scum sucking MLC man who abandoned his family. I'm dealing with the scum sucking MLC woman who is holding me hostage and is just as bad.  ::)

She wants the high school and I don't so why should I have to pay 50 percent when I know she doesnt have it. Meanwhile, the school called me tonight and they are most likely having home instruction. So why should we pay 14K for home school. Also, why does the Empress get to decide my financial fate.

Only one person gets punished in divorce and so far that has only been me. So I'm no longer concerned about the divorce dragging out. I'm more interested in taking advantage of her delay tactics to set myself up. Meanwhile, I dont believe I'm signing that MSA myself any longer as I am not agreeing to school tuition and I'm demanding the removal of our emancipated son from the entirety of the MSA.

State law says he is emancipated, meanwhile her lawyer wants me to pay for his health insurance if she loses her job. I'm sorry. The law is the law. He is emancipated because of her STUPIDITY ! I predict our youngest son will be emancipated in a year himself because of her STUPIDITY !

I'm sorry, but are these even my kids anymore. Isn't there a statue of limitations.

See the court just wants me to be divorced. They want her and the family to still benefit from being "married" and not feel the impact of the divorce. That's only reserved for me.

As I was running tonight I was thinking how I really hate my MIL. Like she needs to die and rot in hell for eternity type of hate. Allowing her daughter to be sexually abused at 5 yrs old and then telling her daughter it is her imagination and nothing ever happened to her. 40+ years of denial.

My attorney is next in line at #2. Now he doesn't have to rot in hell for eternity, however he did absolutely nothing for my son. He can go Firetruck himself and he and I are on a collision course very soon. He I would love to knock out. I dont think it rises to hate. He just screwed my son for 13+ months.

She I don't hate and she comes in at #3. I try not to think about her. I may have some empathy but I shut that sh!te down quickly now if my mind wanders. Her ass deserves to be in jail. That's where she belongs. So not hate and she doesnt have to goto hell nor rot for eternity.

That's my empathetic side. She also doesn't have to go Firetruck herself. However, I'm mad at her , I don't forgive her and I never want to speak to her again. Also, I want her to feel it and she won't until that house is gone. Well at least I didn't condemn her to hell.  ::)

This divorce and home sale could last years. So I'm thinking reconnection probability is around zero. Meanwhile the reconciliation probability doesn't look much better, also sitting at zero.  ::)

So I predict my icon will just remain dormant. Is that really a white icon or an ash icon. Looks like ashes to me. As you can tell that humidity was really getting to me tonight while I was running.

Yea it's not easy breaking out from Alcatraz. A lot of escapees drowned during their attempts at their chance for freedom. 5 years people. 5 firetrucking years serving this prison sentence.

Ok I can finally go to bed in peace.  ;D

M
#51: July 30, 2020, 05:20:56 AM
Just a quick hello to say I'm following an I totally get your frustration. But I don't think your icon will remain dormant, I think you've made a lot of progress. You are seeing her for what she is, and you've also accepted the legal progress (accepted, not like).

I love your running stories and site seeing tales. Egging you on.
BD May 2014,
D25, D22, S15
OW Physical Affair same one. He and she said she turned 34 the month of BD. She turned 52 this year.

W
BRAND NEW MAN 7
#52: July 30, 2020, 08:47:47 AM
Hi Milly.

Yesterday I had to send the high school a certified letter once again covering myself since this has been her decision. I see no point now in really paying for tuition for at home instruction. This simply should not be allowed.

The issue is my attorney and I will not sign his MSA now because it is his MSA and I have been opposed to this school since Jan 2019. When I signed my contract he asked what did I want out of the divorce. I replied time with my son. Meanwhile he never has filed 1 motion on his behalf nor instructed any wellness checks at the home.

My attorney has told everyone who would listen that my wife is crazy or nuts so why has my son been left with a mentally unstable, violent and dangerous woman. I'm not looking to take the boy away from her. However, the 2 boys need healthy exposure with me and she is preventing that from happening as the phones are off and I havent heard from S17 since April 15th.

If I sign the MSA, which she will never sign herself anyway, then it just hides the coverup as to why this boy has been left with her with no one checking on his wellness.

I told my son in January that I was fighting for him and my attorney is making me look like a jackass to my kid. So that doesnt sit right with me. Yes, this is our typical Summer routine so he knows the deal. We will see each other in September and reconnect when or if school goes back in session.

So I do not feel like remaining quiet as I'm being marched to financial bullying by the court as Im being presented as that typical guy who filed for divorce IMO.

So the school was contacted without my attorneys knowledge. Next I am now considering contacting the State Attorney General's Office,  The Division of Youth and Family Services and the Family Court itself, along with the presiding Judge to find out why no one cares about the welfare of this child who has been left to his own peril.

Afterall, this is a career ender for the Judge if my son has been physically harmed as I'm not going away quietly. In his defense, though, the Judge has no clue what is going on with my case and he needs to be made aware IMO.

Yes my attorney will not like me. However, sometimes you need to punch someone in their face to get their attention.  ;)

Meanwhile my mom was not upset that I plan on leaving, lol. I have found a few places and will take some time to pick the right one. I'm only able to financially pull this off now but ,again, I think it's important that I have my own car and residence established before anything is signed. This way the court knows that I have realistic bills.

I only plan on buying a bed, lol. For sleeping only as there is no sex going on in my life, hahaha. I think all the running exhausts my libido. Well in the morning I wake up and could have sex so I probably should be running twice a day to curb that desire, lol. I'm exhausted at night and it's just not happening. Yep it's the running.  ::)

So I filed for divorce and for all intent and purposes I'm divorced. I'm not seeing anyone, I have no plans on seeing anyone, however this "marriage" is not preventing me from doing so. I want to get established and then I will be ready to meet someone nice who may then complain about all my running and why I'm in bed by 9pm most nights.

I am in the vicinity of The Bent Spoon today so I will advise how it goes. Today will be a run along the canal. Oh I did defer the Marine Corps Marathon to 2021 and they are flexible. If it conflicts with the NYC Marathon next year then I can once again defer to 2022 or 2023 so that works for me.

Meanwhile I did sign up to run the virtual Marine Corps Marathon this year as I have trained for it anyway and I want that Iwo Jima sand medallion.

« Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 08:51:48 AM by Watcher »

BRAND NEW MAN 7
#53: July 30, 2020, 11:27:50 AM
Hello,

You are absolutely right in your frustration and anger at the system.

That may sound crazy, however I believe it's easier to force me to comply than get her to comply.

I think that is true. As a leader if I need someone to do something above and beyond, do I ask the gung ho type that always gets the job done or the negative nellie who will mess it up just out of spite. They feel they can reason with and complete the job at your expense.

Meanwhile he never has filed 1 motion on his behalf nor instructed any wellness checks at the home.

This should have been done first. I wouldn't have listened to any of her demands until visitation was in place and running. Regardless of support or any monetary transactions, you have a right to visit and see your children. By denying you that right, why should you be obligated to her for anything?

I also would not pay for school until she pays her half first or that you are only responsible for your half and that the school can not sue or seek compensation from you for her payment.

I truly feel for you. This is so crazy that maybe I should call my ex and thank her for not being a nut job. I am done with the exception of one document and the completion of that document only helps her. So take your time sweetie.

Keep running and I hope that you reach the end of this nightmare soon,

Ready

s
BRAND NEW MAN 7
#54: July 30, 2020, 07:14:10 PM
Man, it just makes me shake my head at the lunacy of your divorce.  Just plain craziness. 

Nice to see you still have some humor left, though.   ;)

Keep running.  I think it's probably what's keeping you sane! 
Married the OW

W
BRAND NEW MAN 7
#55: July 31, 2020, 04:04:38 AM
Hi Ready, Stillbaffled.

Well I sent the letter to the school, as I did last year, to cover myself. Afterall I removed him from school in Jan 2019 because of her gambling and failure to contribute to the household. Meanwhile she has not provided any documentation as to where he does goto school and who signed the contract.

Meanwhile, I have an attorney who does not want her in jail so that's why we clash.  ::) I'm not talking hard labor but 60 days behind bars would be nice.

I don't believe custody would work for S17 as he has to still live with his mom. I believe it would be impossible honestly as I know what it's like to live under her rule. It's nice in theory however the court wouldnt be able to protect S17 from her interrogations and constant psychological warfare campaign against me.

That's why I don't bother him as he doesn't need the stress that "I cause him" for being his father. The 2 boys need to break free. That is their only salvation. No court order is breaking that trauma bond IMO.

I was just mentioning to someone offline that I believe I'm free of her now. It takes a lot of work and I am completely NC. I don't even drive by the house anymore for fear it would trigger me. They live with her, therefore, they have absolutely no chance.

It's hard to describe. One feels indebted to her. Almost like you owe her something. It's a pure guilt trip and I now believe she worked it on all of us. S17 is just like me with a heart unfortunately and he is going to have a hard time breaking free from her I fear.

At the mediation in February her lawyer just couldn't believe that a 20 yr old would allow his mother to block me on his phone. LOL, her attorney has no clue about this monster.

She has everyone fooled with her innocent good mom public persona. No one ,other than those who have lived with her, know what is behind the mask.

So my new stance now is non compliance. I will mirror STBX as she gets results. She won't sign the MSA and now neither will I. Yes, both attorneys will regret the day they ever signed up for this divorce case.  ::)

Yesterday I went to The Bent Spoon. Now in NJ we still cannot enter some establishments or they are doing this on their own accord. IDK.... So the setup is outside the store front. At this store you have to take a number ,as if, you were waiting on a deli line. LOL, there were only 2 of us on line and they said we still had to take a number, lol.

This store is in Princeton and as some maybe can tell, I work all over creation.  ::) My usual spot here is Thomas Sweet.

They do not sell gelato, however,  the lady said their ice cream had that same consistency. Well she was wrong. I would say it had a yogurt/ice cream consistency and nowhere near gelato.

So I was offered 2 flavors to choose. Yea this is not normal ice cream flavors btw. My first choice was avocado lemon. My goodness. Absolutely Devine. My second choice was gooseberry and it was just ok.

LOL, IDK if I even knew the other flavors. Hahaha. I know what an avocado is and I have heard of the gooseberry. So that was my thought process.

I did see a vegan Mango option but that didn't interest me. Today they are calling for rain. Now what on earth does Mother Nature expect me to do in the rain.

So I may goto Jockey Hollow which was an American Revolutionary War encampment in Morristown. There is also a place called Historic Speedwell in that area so I can combine the two.

Meanwhile, I have already located Gelato Envy in Rockaway which is somewhat nearby Morristown and is also described as artisan. Well if your gelato is not artisan then why even bother I say.  ::)

So we will see if the rain plays fairly today.

Enjoy your day everyone
« Last Edit: July 31, 2020, 04:15:57 AM by Watcher »

BRAND NEW MAN 7
#56: July 31, 2020, 04:39:32 AM
I did see a vegan Mango option but that didn't interest me. Today they are calling for rain. Now what on earth does Mother Nature expect me to do in the rain.

Here you go, buddy!

You'd just be a little more eye-candy for the ladies....
Me - 57, xW - 50
S - 13, D - 9
2 Dogs
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015

Site Map

#57: July 31, 2020, 06:33:23 AM
Someone had too much to drink.   ;D ;D
"From my experience if my H had let me go a long time ago, and stop pressuring me, begging, and pleading and just let go I possibly would have experienced my awakening sooner than I did."

W
BRAND NEW MAN 7
#58: July 31, 2020, 07:40:33 PM
LOL UrsaMajor, Thunder.

IDK how that guy's stomach survived that dive. There is obvious standing water but that's still concrete he is sliding across. That's going to be me after she signs the MSA.  ;D

Today the weather was problematic so I got a late start. Jockey Hollow was an encampment during the American Revolutionary War that was used during the Winter months. Normally armies did not fight during the Winter as they took a break to rest and refuel. Sort of like hibernation.

Valley Forge, PA is another Winter encampment.

This park is huge. I walked 6 miles and I also drove throughout the tour. I guess it can be walked in its entirety but it would take a few hours easily. It's also divided into 4 sections so a car is necessary.

There are plenty of hiking trails along with the history. I went looking for this Starke's Brigade Monument in the woods and that easily took over an hour to locate. No fighting took place here. I guess you can say it was a large military base.

They divided themselves by state in the encampment. So there was a Pennsylvania, Maryland , NY, Connecticut etc....sections. The Wick Farm was 400 acres I believe and the army encamped and fed itself from this farm basically.

A woman did say hello to me at the NJ section. Now Thunder, she did check a box. That being female, LOL... Am I supposed to have more then one box to check because I think I only have one, hahaha. She got me to notice her Thunder. That doesn't always happen.  ::)

Meanwhile, contrary to that inflammatory comment you made on another thread about legs, I think it was about legs.  ::) Oh I saw that comment Thunder.

It was a fleeting 2 seconds.  ;)

Moving along now, I then ventured to Gelato Envy. It was only 13 miles away, however they were 13 country miles. My goodness, it took forever to meander through the countryside.

Now I was disappointed as they only had 2 gelato flavors. Maybe they should rethink that company name. Maybe, You Won't Be Envious Of Our Gelato Selection.

Oh my goodness. Gooseberry. Are you kidding me and some type of Beer concoction.

So I went with Mango Sorbetto but they were out of it.  :'( 8 Sorbetto flavors btw so maybe, Sorbetto Envy is more appropriate. Just sayin.

I went with Pink Guava which was so incredible. Now I usually order a large because those cups are really small. This large was the Woolly Mammouth of Sorbetto/Gelato servings.

Now I cannot eat this everyday because then it's going to all go to my legs if I'm not careful.

I have to work this weekend and today didnt go as planned as I had too much family interference which threw off my schedule. So I made the most of it.

Have a good night

Thank you

#59: July 31, 2020, 07:45:55 PM
NYTimes just ran a Staycation article and lo´ that lighthouse you went to see was the focus of the article. You could be bloggin´your historical pandemic runs.

As for the lunacy of your predicament, oh my, seems you´re paying a price for stability. What would happen if you wrote the school that you were withdrawing your son? Maybe it´s time for the chips to fall where they may- dunno.

I´ve got a few gift certificates to the Bent Spoon- is it worth finding a parking spot to use them?
me 51
H 51
M 27
D final 8/13

W
BRAND NEW MAN 7
#60: August 01, 2020, 09:49:50 PM
Hi FTT,

Oh The Bent Spoon is worth the visit. I found a meter spot on Chambers street and it was basically a 5 min walk. A lot of parking on Nassau street is reserved for curbside pickup only and the meters are covered for individual stores and not in use.

I had a long day today. I hiked early in the morning prior to work and listened to the sounds of the cicada. I also noticed the last 2 days the butterflies are out in abundance.

After work I did a historical homes tour and found quite a few locations. The Abraham Staats House (1740), The Van Veghten House (1720), The Jacobus Vanderveer House (1779), John Wallace House (1775), all played a role in the American Revolutionary War serving as a HQ. George Washington had his HQ at the Wallace House.

Non revolutionary war homes that I visited were Historic Tulipwood (1892) which is being renovated currently, the Hageman Farm (1861), the Wyckoff-Garretson House (1730), the Old Dutch Parsonage (1751) and the Historic Van Liew-Suydam House (1875) which is a Victorian Farmhouse and my favorite as it still sits on its impressive acreage and has an incredible color scheme in person.

Then I had a birthday party to attend. Now it's late. I have a quick turn around for work in the morning.

Have a good night.

Thank you

W
BRAND NEW MAN 7
#61: August 02, 2020, 10:59:59 AM
I forgot August is a new month. So I am now entering 62 months post BD  :o and beginning 14 months post filing for divorce.  :o :o

Let's recap.

July 2015. Look Watcher I care about you but I just dont love you anymore. I want a legal separation.

Oct 2015. I'm going to save my money and I'm going to divorce you Watcher. You wait and see.

July 2019. Oh sh!te ! That man actually filed for divorce.

Dec 2019. Hey Watcher, how about we just stay married and cancel this divorce.  :o :o :o

Hero Spouse used to give out a crockpot at 5 yrs post BD so I'm looking forward to receiving mine. ::) I'm only staying here for the perks at this point.

Aug 2020. I wonder if Watcher gave up that divorce thing yet.  ::) That man is so stubborn. What is his problem ? He should be grateful I let him stay up on my shelf

I have not gotten a haircut since February. My bangs are well below my eyes, lol. I did shave the sides and back of my head today for the 3rd time now. Actually my hair looks pretty good. I have to style it and ,boy oh boy, does the humidity have some fun at my expense.

At some point I will have to professionally cut it I guess. I cannot stand hair on the sides and back as I usually went to the barber monthly. So it's been easily 5 months now post Covid19 BD.

I am finished with work and I am staying home as I am worn out from yesterday. Too many history excursions and I was up way past my bedtime last night.

Enjoy your day everyone

BRAND NEW MAN 7
#62: August 02, 2020, 11:07:38 AM
Hero Spouse used to give out a crockpot at 5 yrs post BD so I'm looking forward to receiving mine. ::) I'm only staying here for the perks at this point.

LOL ;D How time flies when you're having fun, in that not so fun way.

I keep writing down all those cool places you visit. My D sits at home on the weekends, and I send her the list as it grows and tell her to go take a day trip and get pictures for me if they are within striking distance (the virtual vacation)
When life gives you lemons, make SALSA!

s
BRAND NEW MAN 7
#63: August 02, 2020, 07:36:12 PM
Are the barber shops and salons not open in your state!?!?   ;)
Married the OW

W
BRAND NEW MAN 7
#64: August 03, 2020, 12:34:43 PM
Hi OffRoad, Stillbaffled.

Oh don't worry Stillbaffled, I will have my haircut in time to run our 5K together.  ;)

This morning I attempted to see Buttermilk Falls in Stokes State Forest. Unfortunately all the access points were closed. I think I had to dump my car and hike my way in. However, there really was no place to dump my car.

So I set out for Bushkill Falls in Pennsylvania. I was there once before with Forever STBX in 2016 just after BD, AKA, when the sugar plums were still dancing in my head phase.  ::)

Low and behold I found Dingman's Falls instead. There was no one there however I had to dump my car on the side of the road. It was a 1 mile walk to the visitor center and probably a half mile to the falls. Beautiful area with a wooden boardwalk completely under the canopy of the trees. Two very nice waterfalls in the park, which is closed, hence the dumping of my vehicle on the side of the road.

I then traveled to Bushkill Falls to check it out and it was beyond crowded. Those falls are really spectacular but I wasnt exposing myself to Covid19 as I knew the walkways would be crowded. There were hundreds of cars.

So I then stumbled upon Mt. Tammany in Delaware Water Gap. The sign made it seem like this would be a quick climb. There was a warning sign for rattlesnakes and copperheads. I just got back to my car and it took me 2.5 hrs to traverse 3.5 miles to the summit and back. My Garmin says 1,580 feet. This was a real climb.  ::)

There were 2 spectacular views of the Delaware River. I sat on the summit for awhile. The hawks were pretty much flying 15 feet above me. Reallistically they were probably waiting for a human to drop.  ::) So IDK where I'm off to now as the Tropical Storm is coming tomorrow.

Yes, the crockpot can symbolize both the LBS and MLCer. The LBS spends so much time wondering when this crisis is going to end. Then one day the LBS begins to wonder, would I really take this varmint back.  ;D

Yes the crockpot should be the new color coded icon for The Hero Spouse. I have to check on the status of my barber Stillbaffled as that is a good question.

Enjoy your day ladies

BRAND NEW MAN 7
#65: August 03, 2020, 01:32:12 PM
Hello,

If you shaved your head like mine, you wouldn't need a barber. I haven't been out much, but I have been getting in my minutes either lifting or high intensity, low impact cardio. Shaun T does wonders.

This is our first day of virtual learning. Hate it with a passion. I miss the kids and I know they miss school and their friends. Especially the little ones. The kindergarten students are so cute and eager for school. Miss the whole aspect of our first day. Hopefully we get a good vaccine and treatment going and put this virus to a rest.

On the crockpot, I think you actually qualify for the dual crock buffet slow cooker as you have had the double whammy. Your ex is a hot mess, and words cannot explain your divorce. When is your attorney just going to play hardball with your wife? Just go before a judge and file contempt for refusing to sign the MSA? Just because she is difficult doesn't mean you should have to give in. This lady won't let you see your children. I know women who have not received a dime in child support and tried to refuse visitation as a leverage for money get hauled into court and told they can't deny visitation despite the lack of child support.

What is everyone waiting on? Your ex to suddenly grow a conscious? That hopefully a little cricket will jump on her shoulder and tell her how to behave?

I am not even in your situation and your story frustrates me.

Fist bump, Fabio- enjoy your locks, concerts, and running. I'd rather be bald and have my boring, uneventful life anyday.

[[[[[[Ready]]]]]]]

W
BRAND NEW MAN 7
#66: August 04, 2020, 08:29:10 AM
Hi Ready.

Well I won't touch the top of my head as I will leave that for the professional to deal with whenever I go back to my barber. I'm liking long hair so I may just keep it now. I actually can comb it, lol. Yes I tidy up real nice now.

The gym is opening on August 17th and I will have the option to suspend my account for 6 more months. Now I miss the gym but I dont think I'm ready to test indoor working out just yet. They are only permitted to have 25% occupancy and wearing a mask is recommended.

The hurricane is coming today so I am grounded. I don't remember Old Pilot mentioning hurricane's in his GAL opening statement. So maybe it should read GAL*. The asterisk would denote a disclaimer to inform the LBS about potential hurricane's and such.

Thankfully I'm a 5yr+ er LBS. I would think a much newer LBS would be upset that their GAL instructions had no asterisk warning them of potential hurricane's and other weather related issues.  ::)

Well, at least, the Mullica River will be full flow come Sunday for kayaking.

I have SeriousXM radio in my car, however they play lousy country music. I dare say, it might be my father's country music which sounds like country music. I don't listen to that stuff.  ::)

Some guy Jason Aldean sings about a "Big Green Tractor". Well IDK who that Jason Aldean is as apparently there is more than one. Meanwhile Tim McGraw has the catchy, "Real Bad Boy, Real Good Man".

Ryan Hurd "Every Other Memory", Chris Janson "Done",  Jason Aldean "Got What I Got". Those are my favorites at the moment and are pretty much reserved for when a woman finds me and I'm back in a relationship.  ;) Well Aldean is my favorite.

However, that Luke Combs now has "Lovin' On You". These country boys are trying to get me to relationship up.

Well my calves are "good" sore and tired from yesterday's mountain. People looked like zombies about the midway point as we were climbing. Everyone was just mindlessly plugging along to the summit.

This was all rocks and boulders. Along the way I began looking at myself and some of these other participants and I wondered who allowed all of us on this dangerous mountain climb. The views from the summit were just breathtaking.

Don't worry Stillbaffled, I will do no mountain climbing prior to running our 5K.  ;)

Enjoy your day

s
BRAND NEW MAN 7
#67: August 04, 2020, 10:36:08 AM

Don't worry Stillbaffled, I will do no mountain climbing prior to running our 5K.  ;)

Watcher - my best time for a 5K has been like 28 minutes!  You could probs run two of them in that time!!   ;D   Or maybe you'll just have to give me a 12-14 minute head start!  Lol! 

You are certainly seeing some very lovely sights.  Keep up the good work. 
Married the OW

W
BRAND NEW MAN 7
#68: August 04, 2020, 01:47:34 PM
LOL Stillbaffled.

Well I do find ways to entertain myself and keep occupied. I always maintained she didn't want the divorce nor did she want to be married. The divorce itself is a new kind of limbo where I think I'm purposely being kept by all parties involved.

Look it's really not GAL as it's more about just living life. Initially we are all in survival mode and gradually it just morphs into living ones life where you develop new interests or renew old ones.

So one day I will be divorced and I will continue to enjoy and live my life. I just don't see her ever recovering from her crisis, and,  even if she did years later, what would I have in common with her. That old life has passed the both of us by and its probably for the best to leave it where she tossed it back in 2015.

She has brought emotional and financial devastation upon our family. I'm going to survive because I have been proactive and the court will still try to take as much as possible from me because they don't want to address her. She is not financially recovering from divorce.

We were the ones blindsided and maybe the majority of us are just not meant to get back together with those who have caused so much pain and devastation to us and our families.

Oh there is pretending to drop the rope and then there is just no rope left to drop one day. I think I pretended to drop the rope for a few years. Now I clearly see myself in so many new threads so I understand that it's just a process for each LBS. I dropped the rope finally

There is no pretty way to rock bottom my IC always said. Meanwhile, IDK if I really care if she reaches rock bottom as it's been 5+ years.

The hurricane seems to be leveling off. We still have some crazy wind however the sun is out. I work the next 3 days so my exploring is limited.

I have found this Van Slyke Castle which are ruins along some trail so I'm going to try and see if I can hike to it as parking is an issue. Paterson Great Falls is another location I can explore before work as it's supposed to be really impressive. So I should be busy for a few more days and I do have to get back to running as today is my 5th day off in a row now.

This current 126 mile challenge is not that oppressive as the last one. So we shall see where the remainder of the week goes.

Thank you

BRAND NEW MAN 7
#69: August 05, 2020, 02:56:39 AM
Some guy Jason Aldean sings about a "Big Green Tractor". Well IDK who that Jason Aldean is as apparently there is more than one. Meanwhile Tim McGraw has the catchy, "Real Bad Boy, Real Good Man".

Ryan Hurd "Every Other Memory", Chris Janson "Done",  Jason Aldean "Got What I Got". Those are my favorites at the moment and are pretty much reserved for when a woman finds me and I'm back in a relationship.  ;) Well Aldean is my favorite.

However, that Luke Combs now has "Lovin' On You". These country boys are trying to get me to relationship up.

Well, if they manage to get you hooked up, you can always fall back on Dierks Bentley "What Was I Thinkin'" ;D
Me - 57, xW - 50
S - 13, D - 9
2 Dogs
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015

Site Map

W
BRAND NEW MAN 7
#70: August 05, 2020, 08:16:40 PM
Hi UrsaMajor,

"Stick That in Your Country Song", Eric Church.

Well in "What Was I Thinkin" a dad was defending his daughters virtue via a 12 gauge. I think I'm past that phase of my life. Now it's going to be a woman chasing me with a shotgun at this stage of my life in a little role reversal.  ;D

This morning I ran and was a bit sluggish. Yea I had too many days off. There are a lot of trees down due to yesterday's quick moving hurricane. One would think the strong winds would blow Covid19 away.

I visited Great Paterson Falls prior to work which is a National Park. The sun was out and the falls looked great. Alexander Hamilton realized the potential for industry while harnessing the power of the falls. So he is credited with establishing various industries along the waterway.

This is a quick stop. One is here to appreciate the beauty of the falls in a nice setting along the Passaic River. Winter is also probably a good time to visit to photo the falls as they freeze. Similar to my photos from Minnehana Falls in Minnesota which were frozen at the time I visited.

Hamilton's home(1802) is actually in NY. Hamilton Grange National Memorial is also a National Park. I will look for that next week. It's a beautiful looking home.

I worked in NY today so that meant a trip to my new fav Dolce Gelato. I had my mind set on peach as I entered since I'm trying to think outside the mango box. This being my 2nd visit with lemon being my first choice.

So it looks like 20 flavors, at least, and there was no pearch nor mango today. However, it's ok they had no mango as I need expand my palate. So I went with mixed berry which was phenomenal. I noticed they had raspberry which looked really good. However, the flavors are rotated in and out so who knows what will be available next week. Of course the accompanying sugar cone wafer was the perfect accessory.

Tomorrow I'm at the office. So I have to run in the morning, work, and then find a quick spot to visit like I did today.

Have a good night

W
BRAND NEW MAN 7
#71: August 07, 2020, 12:13:06 PM
Last night I actually had a decent run as there finally was no humidity. This morning I was inundated with humidity once again. So my yearly total stands at 738 miles and I should have no problem closing out August with 800 miles. I have run 58 miles on this current challenge and will have no problem running 126 miles to finish it.

There is a 3rd challenge that goes into October. IDK about that one. I guess this running is getting me through the pandemic.

I was reading a funny story out of Berlin at Teufelssee where a wild boar stole a laptop from a naked man in a park. LOL....

I was at the office yesterday and my female co worker was interested in my gelato tales. She was inquiring about seeing a change in me. Two weeks ago she noticed my Brooks. So naturally one has to flex their calf muscle while showing off their Ghost 12's. That is the one downside to wearing them.  ::)

I didn't have an answer for her but I think it's the pandemic. NJ was shutdown really bad for at least 10 weeks so I believe I take the time now to appreciate and explore the areas where I am working.

The pandemic also got me out of the gym where I resided 6 days a week for 2 years. IDK. I love being in nature so maybe that's where I'm meant to be.

My mom was commenting this morning how my SIL seemed interested in attending a country concert with me at last weekends barbecue since my brother is not into that sort of thing.

I didn't say anything but maybe my brother needs to be into his wife. Just sayin. They are now 8 years back together and I thought to myself last Saturday that they finally look happy. They were legally separated for 3 years because of him. He may have been MLC but it's easy to label everyone. He checked a lot of boxes though.

Oh I'd much rather goto a concert with a female who is not a family member.  ;D Yea I've had enough of female family members to last me a lifetime.

People were questioning me if I do all these things alone at the barbecue. Well who else am I going to GAL with other than myself.

I remember my mom telling me after BD that my brother lived with her for 3 years during his crisis and I thought to myself how I would never make it. He left his W for OW. He eventually moved in with OW, found her to be crazy, and ended up at my moms for 3 years. My SIL always wanted him back and she had to protect herself financially naturally with the legal separation. They have no kids so legal separation is allowable in NJ under those circumstances

He would have sex with his W and OW on the same day. He had no problem with it he told me after my BD. Just warning me I guess about Forever STBX. Like I said, they finally looked happy last weekend, or she looked comfortable finally with us, so they have had a long way back.

He wears his guilt. I can see it with my interactions with him since my BD. I wonder if he sees the damage in me and he carries that guilt for what he did to his wife.

Today I'm finishing up with work. Sunday is the better day this weekend. I will be kayaking on the Mullica River. We had thunderstorms yesterday, again today, and possibly tomorrow. So tomorrow will most likely be a hike in some mountain I need to find.

Enjoy your day everyone
« Last Edit: August 07, 2020, 12:20:10 PM by Watcher »

W
BRAND NEW MAN 7
#72: August 07, 2020, 08:06:28 PM
I was reading tonight that Mt Tammany is actually the #1 hiking trail in NJ. I cant believe I stumbled on that one in Worthington State Forest last week.

Now tomorrow I want to goto Sunfish Pond (#7) which is located in the same Worthington State Forest. However, this one says weekends are crowded so I am Covid19 leery. I may wait for a weekday.

This forest trail leads to a pond on a 1,300 foot climb which is actually a glacial lake.

The #2 trail is Stairway to Heaven in Wawayanda State Park. This one is just beautiful and probably the most scenic. There are also weekend crowd issues with this one.

Buttermilk Falls is #3 and I couldn't find it last week as all the entrances were closed to the park.

So I'm going outside the top 10 with Pyramid Mountain which features Tripod Rock,  Bear Rock and Whale Rock which are glacial erratics. These are large boulders, not native to the area, which were caught in the glacier and came to their resting place as the glacier melted.

Anyway Pyramid Mountain looks like the most promising because it is Saturday and the covid crazies will be out in force.

The Giant Stairs is #4 and unfortunately closed due to the hurricane. That one is a climb. Hemlock Falls is #5 but weekend crowd issues could be a concern.

It's really easier just staying home on a Saturday during the pandemic.  ::) Wyanokie High Point in Northern Green State Forest is #6. High Point State Park is #8 but I was there years ago and a return can wait. Mullica River is #9 and Sourland Mountain is #10 and I've been there many times this Summer visiting the volcanic rock.

So we shall see tomorrow.

Have a good night.  ;)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2020, 08:08:08 PM by Watcher »

W
BRAND NEW MAN 7
#73: August 08, 2020, 12:46:03 PM
"The wine, the beer, the whiskey".
-Little Big Town

So I woke up this morning and went with the #7 hiking trail in NJ with that being Sunfish Pond. After all, if it's not in the top 10, why bother.  ::)

The parking lots were crowded but I was able to get a spot. I went up the green trail which traverses along Dunnfield Creek. Now the trail was empty for the most part so the majority of people were probably climbing Mt Tammany which uses the same parking lots.

At 1 mile in I slipped and my tibia smacked into a boulder. The impact area quickly swelled up and resembled the Kursk Salient during WW2. It didn't break so I had to man up and keep hiking.

I did focus myself afterwards as I depend so much on my legs for my activities.

Again the green trail is the best however it's very difficult looking for green markers in a forest.  ::) The Dunnfield Creek was moving quickly due to all the rain and there are many pleasant waterfalls along the way.

The creek has to be crossed 6 times. The first 2 times I was able to walk across rocks to cross it. At crossing number 3 I encountered a man up situation. Either cross it or turn around and go home. So I crossed it. The water actually felt really good up to the knees and very cold.

Afterall I had a date with a glacier and I didn't want to disappoint. Along the way I found white, orange, and red mushrooms throughout the forest floor. While I was photographing the red mushrooms I discovered an orange salamander. I also found a cool looking hornet's nest. Well I will have to Google later to see what all that discovery means. Most likely all dangerous items.

So a little over 5 miles later I arrived at Sunfish Pond. My goodness I really wasnt looking for a long hike. One man commented that this was so anti climatic. Yea the glacier is not there anymore. It must have melted.  ::) Afterall it was a 5 mile hike that took me 3 hours, lol.

This pond is acidic and the pumpkinseed Sunfish is able to survive and thrive here much like the LBS. So it's a glacial lake that people cannot use. Summits are usually a bit disappointing I have to say. Narrow openings and too many people, lol.

I took the white trail back as I was not going back over the green one. The trip back was much faster. Overall 9.5 miles at 4.5 hours.

The swelling has gone away and I'm am now left with a blemished leg. Battle scars from GAL. Once again I will point out how Old Pilot failed to warn us about GAL injuries.  ::)

That is a great hike with beautiful scenery. Two great locations with Mt Tammany nearby. Next week will be trail #2. Stairway to Heaven.  ;D Ok now I have to drive home as one stinks after hiking, just sayin.  ;)

Enjoy your day everyone

M
#74: August 09, 2020, 03:15:04 AM
I enjoyed reading about your hike, Watcher. Makes me want to go to these places you're visiting.
BD May 2014,
D25, D22, S15

W
BRAND NEW MAN 7
#75: August 09, 2020, 04:47:45 PM
Hi Milly.

The forest was incredible yesterday along the creek. I happen to like water so the rest of the forest was just ok.  ::) No sunlight penetrates the canopy and it's just beautiful. The climb was about 1500 feet to Sunfish Pond and the forest opens up as you climb exposing the sky. The pond itself was actually quite scenic as it was surrounded by forest with a small opening to view it.

Next weekend I will attempt Stairway to Heaven in Wawayanda Mountain. This is the #2 hiking trail in NJ. It boasts boardwalks, a suspension bridge, hardwood forest, fields of wildflowers, train tracks, a cow pasture, a boulder field and ,finally, Stairway to Heaven leading to Pinwheel's Vista.

So the objective is Pinwheel's Vista.  ;D I mean, it sounds incredible. How can I not hike it. I am advised to get their early in the morning. We will see. I have a week to plan where I'm going next weekend. I also need to wear boots. Those rocks are rough on the feet and ankle support would be great.

Today I went kayaking on the Mullica River and the weather was beautiful. This was a 5 hour 8 mile trip. This river is also tea colored and there were less obstructions on this one compared to Batsto River.

Today was turtles, dragonflies, and tadpoles galore. I had 2 daddy long legs drop in my kayak so I had to pull over twice to get them out as they were running wild.

This trip began at mile #3, Locke's Bridge, and finished at mile #11 which is in the vicinity of Batsto Village. The scenery is just breathtaking and there were moments where I just floated and absorbed it all. There were a lot more "beach" sections to pull over on this river to let daddy long legs out.  ::)

The same protocol as the last time with me texting my location at mile post #9 to ready for pickup at mile #11. Well people drive in and use the beaches along mile post 9 to 10  so there is a lot of slow moving tubing for 1 mile. Meanwhile the kayak company was looking for me as I was late for pickup.

There's no hassle to finish within the 5 hours. I started at 930am and basically was told last pickup would be 5pm. So they are very flexible. It's well run IMO and I have no complaints. They only have 1 more trip for me at 11 miles over the same Mullica River so I have to think about it.

I would like to find another area, however, this kayak company really makes it easy with online accessibility. There is another company in the Pinelands that kayaks on the Oswego and Wading Rivers so I have to do some research as they want an application submitted. I kind of like this appointment scheduling company that I have used.

Today the shuttle driver talked about Whitesbog Historic Village which was/is a cranberry bog with blueberry fields. It also advertises hiking. The driver talked more about the American Revolutionary War as that area was known for promoting and housing piracy. See kayaking and a history lesson.

BOO work tomorrow.

Thanks Milly.

W
BRAND NEW MAN 7
#76: August 10, 2020, 04:20:36 PM
This is absolutely the hottest Summer ever since I filed for divorce. I remember way back during the Summer of 2019 it was much cooler and filled with country concerts. The Summer of 2020 has just been oppressive with the heat and social distancing. I will have to check with the farmers almanac to check on the Sunmer of 2021 as I will probably still be married.

She doesn't want to get divorced. I don't believe they can force her to get divorced against her will. She found the loophole obviously. She is a master of escape and avoid so it should come as no surprise that we are still married.

I have a theory. She is the female MLCer, who is really envious of the female LBS, and therefore, really wants to play the role of the female LBS while hiding that she is in fact, the female MLCer. Very shrewd that one.  ::)

In NJ its 1 year of divorce limbo for every year of standing I believe. Oh my goodness, this pandemic better not save our marriage now as I'm going to be really upset if I have to stay married as I'm sort of used to sleeping by myself and being single after 5+ year's ::)

Oh I can hear the Judge now. Sorry Watcher, your original filing date has expired. You must file again, lol.

Its Monday so I had to go back to running today and its like 100 degrees. So a quick 4.5 miles each day this week. My leg felt fine after hitting it on a boulder on Saturday. Oh I cannot wait for the Fall and cooler temps for running. Obviously this heat does not kill Covid19 because it should be dead in NJ.

As I fell and hit my tibia against that boulder, my phone was in my hand and it also smacked the boulder. Luckily no damage.

So my Aunt's home is finally on the market and my mom says she doesn't know what to do with my share. I said you can't give it to me yet. It will have to wait until I'm divorced sometime during the next 5 years.

Oh that's Conway's timeline. 2-3 years to divorce a MLC woman. My goodness I finally figured out Conway's timeline.

So I was reading. You play dead with a brown bear however you fight back against a black bear. Don't play dead with a black bear. Walk sideways and slowly away from the bear.

#77: August 10, 2020, 04:48:04 PM
Thanks for the tip Watcher.   ;D

We only have black bear here so it's either fight or walk sideways away? 
Knowing me I'd run for the hills!  LOL  How do you fight a bear?   ::)

Nope my response...RUN!!!

I only camped with them once and that was enough for me.   Scariest night of my life!  :o

W
BRAND NEW MAN 7
#78: August 11, 2020, 01:58:19 AM
Oh I really don't understand the bear advice Thunder. I'm taking a chance and running for my life, lol. Playing dead for a grizzly bear. Those are the bears that eat people. The bear is going to know your not dead once you start screaming as it bites, claws or steps on you, lol.

We also only have black bear. Yea I don't understand why we can put up a fight with them. Do they have poor fighting skills ? Maybe they run away in embarrassment once you expose their fighting flaws. I think a black bear has more of a reputation as being a nuisance while a brown bear is just a stalking killer. I don't want to run into either one.

W
  • Old name "Wondering"
BRAND NEW MAN 7
#79: August 11, 2020, 04:14:54 AM
Hi Watcher,  I don't comment much but have been following your story.  Check with your lawyer about what $ you would get from the sale of your Aunt's house as I believe inheritance is protected from divorce as long as it is not co-mingled with joint funds.  That is , at least, what I was told by a NJ lawyer when I sought advise ten years ago.  You could use these funds towards a purchase of a place for yourself and she can not claim any of it. Check with your lawyer and while you are at it tell him to get a move on with your situation. :)

BRAND NEW MAN 7
#80: August 11, 2020, 05:22:10 AM
Hello,

It's nice to read about your hikes. Now that I am done with my home improvement project, I think I will get back to hiking. I like to visit nature, just don't like to live in nature. After years in the army and living out in the woods, I prefer the urban jungle.

Sorry about the heat. I was in NYC last year and OMG it was so hot.  We are just about to hit a heat wave out here in CA. The big difference will be little humidity. I can take the dry heat, but apparently so can covid as it is everywhere. We were averaging 30 cases a day back in April and now we have days with almost a 1000 positives.

I don't know about the money from the house. I would have agreed with Wonder No More in the past, but your case is so bizarre that if you won the lottery she would end up with all the winnings (of course, you would get to keep the winning ticket). I would consult with my lawyer, but, in your case, he hasn't been that useful either. 
By the way, after all you have been through, I think you can take on the Grizzly. It would probably play dead after tangling with you.

Keep running, avoid boulders, and you will be fine.

Fist bump,

Ready

M
BRAND NEW MAN 7
#81: August 11, 2020, 09:23:24 AM
Watcher, following along on your running adventures and learning history.  Thanks for bringing us along.  Just wanted to share the recent National Park Service post "don't push your slower friends down in the attempts of saving yourself...even if you think the friendship has run its course."  Keep running. 
BD and moved out 9/2017
M 30 years at BD, together 34

#82: August 11, 2020, 12:17:17 PM
what brand is the phone case:)?
me 51
H 51
M 27
D final 8/13

W
BRAND NEW MAN 7
#83: August 11, 2020, 02:03:45 PM
Hi WonderNoMore  :), Readytoofixmyselffirst, Maleficent, forthetrees.

Well my mom is the executor WNM so she presented it to me as she will check with her attorney first, "because of your situation" Watcher, lol. Yea she was letting me know that my portion will be on hold. It is a down payment sum of money for a house.

I will contact my attorney after we hear from her attorney first and there are a few other things to update him on.

LOL, I run every worse case scenario in my head. I'm comfortable with the CS at 25% and alimony at 27%. These are the highest percentages in our state. I guess I have no choice but to be comfortable is what I should say.  ::) I would like to start living on my own so I can incorporate those numbers into my new life so I can get used to it.

I just don't want any surprises. IDK. The percentages can't go any higher but who really knows what they might try and pull on me. In reality I will be paying the marital mortgage until at least June 2021 so I'm not going to be experiencing automatic deductions just yet.

I've been paying the mortgage for 18 years so there really is no difference for me. Their support will eventually equal the mortgage payment. I just had to make adjustments on my financial end so I am fine now.

I just dont want to hear, hey you can afford to pay some more. IDK if they can do that as I have no experience with divorce. I'm not interested in paying more as I need to go start my life over.  ;)

Let's wait for me to get my own place to live first and then we can decide what else I can afford afterwards.

LOL Ready, I do not underestimate what she will get away with at this point.  ::) I've gone through so many phases of divorce. Now I just need to get out. Financially she would have destroyed me so I made a good decision to stop the bleeding. Meanwhile she will still try her darndest to financially destroy me. Yea she doesn't like me that much.  ::)

That's funny Maleficent. Delaware Water Gap had a blunt sign in its parking lot along the Kittatinny Point Service Area on the Delaware River. "People have died here, Don't be next". Wow, I thought that was a bit much, lol.

I have the Otterbox Defender FTT. When I slipped I went down a section of rocks and my tibia hit the lower boulder. Meanwhile I naturally went to stop myself with my hands and the phone was slammed into a boulder. I thought for sure it would be cracked but not a scratch thankfully.

Today was a quick 5.02 mile run and it was only 90 with a light rain. It's only Tuesday  :-\ so I have to wait for the weekend.

Enjoy your day everyone
« Last Edit: August 11, 2020, 02:05:34 PM by Watcher »

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.