H filed for D - July 24, 2017
D final March 14, 2018 - still living at parent's house

“You've seen my descent, now watch my rising.”
― Jalaluddin Rumi

W
BRAND NEW MAN 7
#21: July 09, 2020, 07:33:21 AM
Hi Dumbfounded, OffRoad.

Well there was so much to like about Batsto Village. My favorite scene was probably the Sawmill. I loved how Batsto Lake exited into the pond. It could be Carp Pond. LOL I photographed everything and spent the night matching photos with corresponding numbers for each location.

I went around to the shoreline along the pond. Obviously its sandy and the water has a red hue. I guess the sand is reddish in that area or maybe just red as its wet. The plant life looked amazing in the pond.

It took me forever to figure out that the wooden hut was the charcoal kiln.

My favorite building is labeled as the Carriage House according to its number. Its yellowish and sits along a creek. It has a hydraulic ram on one side of the house and a auxiliary power system on the other.

Both pieces are rusted which adds to the beauty. Now I thought it was a Gistmill and the signage said there was one in that area. However, I didnt find that one. Unless I'm reading the map wrong.

I also liked the Stone Horse Barn. The stonework is incredible. There is moss growing on its roof which just adds to it. Wooden stalls on the inside.

The Range Barn had an interesting conveyer belt contraption. Anything iron looks good.

Ok, so I'm thinking they have the Gistmill and the Carriage House listed incorrectly. That yellowish building has to be a Gistmill and they label it a Carriage House. There was no room to store vehicles in that building. LOL, yes that one is bothering me.

It sits on a creek and mills operated off of water. Hmm....giant mill wheels sitting out in front of it. So then I missed the Carriage House, lol.

The Carriage House has to be over by the Piggery and Threshing Barn I believe.

I have never seen a Piggery in my life. That's a slaughterhouse. That was an interesting building design. I liked the stone tower.

The Mule Barn also has nice stonework. The workers living quarters are also well preserved.

Oh I could break down the different textures of sand but I won't.  ::)

Plenty of hiking and biking trails in the area and plenty of water options along the Mullica River.

As soon as I'm done with this challenge then I can scale back the running and get into kayaking and maybe bicycling. The Mullica River Trail is more of a hike while The Batona Trail would have to be a bike.

Black bears are advertised so IDK.  ::)

The Atsion Mansion is well preserved. The Atsion Lake did look phenomenal. Yes, definitely a nice excursion with plenty to see and do outdoors.

The white corn stand had only 2 cars in it on my way down. On my way back it had maybe 50 cars so I didn't stop.

I knew NJ was a big cranberry state. I would have to think that blueberries are just as popular after seeing all those farms yesterday.

I have the office today.  :-\

Enjoy your day ladies

Oh, of course, how could I forget the Batsto Mansion which sits as its centerpiece.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 07:36:35 AM by Watcher »

D
BRAND NEW MAN 7
#22: July 09, 2020, 09:59:33 AM
The tea colored water here, which we call "cedar water", is a result of the tannic acids present in the local plant life and more specifically the Atlantic White Cedar ... hence the "cedar" water.  Black bears are more of a recent phenomenon... that pass through occasionally than a real thing here.  But it was known as the blueberry capital of the world when I was growing up... not sure if it still holds that title but we grow some seriously yummy blueberries here.

When I was little, Batsto had live animals there ... sheep and horses and such and my Mom would often pack us a picnic lunch and then we would go visit the animals and if we were good she would give us carrots to feed the rabbits.  Kayaking and canoing in the area is beautiful and peaceful.   

If you are interested, another fun historic place father down into Cape May is Cold Spring Village.  They actually have live demonstrations going on most weekends and the kids and I have done the ghost tour at night which was very well done although a bit buggy.

Married 1998
MLC H 48
LBS W 47
D16, S12
BD March, 2016
Left home Sept 4, 2016 - living with parents
H filed for D - July 24, 2017
D final March 14, 2018 - still living at parent's house

“You've seen my descent, now watch my rising.”
― Jalaluddin Rumi

W
BRAND NEW MAN 7
#23: July 10, 2020, 04:54:34 AM
Hi Dumbfounded.

Ah that is a perfect way to describe it. Tea colored water. It contrasts nicely with the sand and plant life.

The kayak rental is across from Atsion Lake. There are a variety of options to choose. They launch from Quaker Bridge Road. Now I was driving east on it from the Mansion but decided to turn around.

LOL, supplies for the Continental Army were moved along Batsto River. See I can't escape it. I mean they even made cannonball from the bog ore.  ::)

So Batsto River/Lake from village, to Quaker Bridge Road to Rt 206 was the probable supply line. The kayak trip just does it in reverse.

Quaker Bridge Rd is narrow and sand. Meanwhile I saw some signage that said maybe I wasn't supposed to be driving on it. Looking at the maps now I can see that it is a legitimate road.

I have never been to Cold Spring Village. The boys and I have climbed the lighthouse on the hottest August day ever, lol. I did look up Cold Spring Village online and it looks like a worthwhile visit.

So I am down to 22.81 miles and then the Toll Booth Challenge is over. Last night was not bad however Wednesday night was just humidity brutal. Worse than the half marathon run on the 4th.

Today NJ is being bombarded by a Tropical Storm. I'm not quite sure where is came from so I have to get running early as it's supposed to rain all day.

Enjoy your day everyone

Thank you Dumbfounded

M
Re: BRAND NEW MAN 7
#24: July 10, 2020, 05:05:32 AM
Thanks for the lovely images from your runs, Watcher. I will be concluding my D this year, also delayed due to Covid and the MLCer’s antics. I can not forgive my H for all the reasons everyone has already mentioned. If I do one day, it will probably be good for me, but I do not blame myself in any way for not being able to do so thus far. It’s not something I dwell on or strive to do. It’s way at the bottom of my list of things I need to achieve to be happy within myself.

Married 1989, together since 1984 
BD May 2014,
D25, D22, S15
OW Physical Affair same one. He and she said she turned 34 the month of BD. She turned 52 this year.

W
BRAND NEW MAN 7
#25: July 11, 2020, 06:28:17 AM
Hi Milly,

Well I believe I'm the one man who can't get divorced  ::) Maybe 5 more years when Covid finally clears up in the U.S. Afterall Milly, she wanted to get divorced and all she has to do is sign the MSA.

Covid is swinging back towards the East Coast so we should be back on lockdown in September. I mean, the rest of the country really must have thought it was only a NY/NJ phenomena.

This Covid is quickly becoming MLC. Pretty soon I will be saying this is 5 years post Covid BD.

Oh believe me when I tell you, I mistakenly found the most conscientious and righteous attorney ever, LOL.... She will be taken care of, LOL.

That's a good point. I don't dwell on anything related to her any longer and accept that she is just going to be this way for many years ,if not, forever. Meanwhile I still have a Covid19/quarantine Summer to enjoy.  ;D

Yesterday I just beat the Tropical Storm and now I am down to 17.09 miles. This weekend I have to work so I will run both nights and finish this running challenge on Monday.

My goodness I have to work in NY this weekend.  :o

So that will be 289.60 miles in 60 days which is a 4.82 daily average. After missing a few days I had to average closer to 6 miles per day and it's rather exhausting, lol.

So now I will be able to scale back running everyday. Oh they tried to tempt me with a 2nd challenge but I wasn't biting. Every other day is enough for me.

I did notice my Garmin does not have a kayak mode and I am so bummed.  ::) So I will utilize the cardio mode. I know, I have such first world problems.

I was working in the office on Thursday and upper management is still trying to get me to transfer permanently to NJ. So IDK....

I live in NJ and worked my 1st 2 years there. When I was promoted I had the choice of choosing NY or Washington DC. Obviously I chose NY because I was married.

So I have been in NY 20 years and the commute is my biggest gripe. If I transfer to NJ then it kills that horrid commute and it gives me more flexibility with living pretty much wherever I want.

It's that whole change is uncomfortable thing.  ::)

IDK, they notice a change in me since I have been working solely in NJ during these 4 months now. This will be my 2nd weekend in NY.  :-\ I have to think about it.

So being an LBS can suck at times. However, had I still been living at home under her crisis thumb then I would have no life. I would be controlled, berated and worn down by her relentlessly.

In other words Milly, we really have no choice but to enjoy our lives. So what will happen first. The next LBS get together or my divorce, LOL....

Enjoy your day Milly

Thank you

W
BRAND NEW MAN 7
#26: July 11, 2020, 09:30:47 PM
So I am splitting work time now between NY and NJ as we attempt to ease back to something normal.

I find something of interest where I'm working and I no longer rush home. I believe that's why people have noticed a change in me during the last 4 covid months. Granted that first month and a half was pretty bad with all the parks closed.

Today I visited Fort Totten in NY. It was an active military base from 1862-1970's. The center piece is "The Castle" (1887) which served as the Officers Quarters I believe and is just beautiful. Purportedly designed by Robert E. Lee, so IDK....

Many of the installations from the early to mid 1900's still stand. The visitor center is closed as well as access to the fort ruins. This is probably covid related as everything indoors is closed no matter where I go to visit. The fort ruins are probably permanently closed because of the danger. IDK...The ruins would be the gun batteries that housed the artillery.

However, one can easily get the feel of being in a fort as it sits on the water. Today it's a multi function Coast Guard, FDNY, NYPD, EMS and Army Reserve facility. It's open to the public and offers a unique walking around experience.

Fort Totten sits on one side of the Throgs Neck Bridge in Queens and its sister ,Fort Schuyler, sits on the other side in the Bronx. I will be able to visit the sister fort next week.

I have visited Fort Jay on Governor's Island and Castle Clinton in lower Manhattan previously. Both well worth the visit. I've only driven over the Throgs Neck Bridge about 5,000 times so I took the time to stop and explore today.

LOL, I just learned of these 2 forts today. The weather was great after work however the sun was really strong and impacted my photography. I didn't find much to photograph anyway. I'm picky that way.

It eventually rained again today so I'm still stuck on 17.09 miles. Tomorrow I have to get out early. The medals did arrive today in the mail and I'm really impressed with the quality from a virtual race. I believe they are ceramic.

I completed the Garden State Parkway race, the NJ Turnpike race and therefore earned the Toll Booth Challenge medal. So 3 in total, and ,yes, I still have to finish it.

LOL, so I did sign up for the next challenge as it will get me through to Sept 14th. This one, however, is only 126 miles in 62 days. I was taking no chances with doubling up my races this time. This one is called the Northeast Corridor Challenge after the trains that run from Boston to Washington, DC.

The 126 miles represent the rail distance between Trenton, NJ and Baltimore, MD line. There is a disclaimer stating not to run on any railroad tracks. It's a 2.0 mile a day pace so I can take quite a few days off a week.

So we will see what happens tomorrow.

W
BRAND NEW MAN 7
#27: July 12, 2020, 05:11:47 PM
Its Summertime and I found my next challenge. It's the Gelati Endurance Invitational. Oh yea.  ;D No special skills required for this one and open to all LBS.

I'm at work late tonight and these are the pitfalls of working. So mango with vanilla custard was the winner. You have to go with large. Don't sell yourself short. Summer doesn't last forever.  ;) Garmin does not have a Gelati mode unfortunately.

I know a place where the lemon ice comes with the pits. Now that's authentic. Out of this world.

I ran this morning and now I'm down to 10.98 miles. So I will be finished on Tuesday. Overall I'm at 670 miles on the year as this 289.60 challenge ends.

The next challenge starts this week but I'm in no rush as that's only 126 miles by Sept 14th. I have to start working in the kayak and more hiking now. Everyday running can stop after Tuesday and I can go every 3 days now.

My goodness the bigger challenge was 578 miles and thankfully I didnt sign up for that one. I never would have come close to it.

I went hiking in the mountains afterwards and it was rather nice just to walk. Algae, moss and fungi were the big catches today. Don't ask. I have no clue why certain things interest me.  ::) Put some of that stuff on decomposing trees and we have a winner, lol.

So the other day I was reviewing fight footage of Rocky Balboa. This would be during our Tropical Storm. Now Mike Tyson would have killed Rocky had they fought IMO.

Rocky had very poor technique versus Clubber Lang and Ivan Drago and Tyson would have taken advantage of his carelessness. Tyson definitely with a 1st round KO over Balboa.

Tomorrow I'm off. So it's an early run and then I finally have to pay the tax man. No more escape and avoidance for me.  :-\

s
BRAND NEW MAN 7
#28: July 13, 2020, 09:52:57 AM

Rocky had very poor technique versus Clubber Lang and Ivan Drago and Tyson would have taken advantage of his carelessness. Tyson definitely with a 1st round KO over Balboa.

Ivan Drago cheated and used steroids.   ;)

I'll stick with Rocky, the underdog, every day of the week!   
BD: 1/1/16
Together 15 years - married 7 years
His divorce final 7/26/16
Married the OW

After all, tomorrow is another day.

W
BRAND NEW MAN 7
#29: July 13, 2020, 07:31:02 PM
Yes Stillbaffled.

Ivan Drago was a cheater. He represents the arrogance and entitlement of MLC. It is the story of the underdog. Good versus evil. Right versus wrong. LBS versus MLCer, LOL.....

The best scene is when Rocky finally cuts Drago the Invincible. Then he has Drago against the ropes while the bell rings and he doesnt stop punching and a brawl breaks out. His fear was gone.  ;)

So today I filed my taxes as married filing separately. There is just no way to drop this married label. It follows me everywhere. I even had to put her name on my form.

I went with her maiden name originally , however , I thought about it and didn't want to screw up my return. So I went with her tax name.  ::) There should be a box to check that says MLCer spouse so it's just understood.

Is your spouse going to itemize her deductions ? LMAO.... How on earth am I supposed to know that answer ?

I owe a lot however it's less then what I had envisioned. It kind of felt good to do it on my own. She did not want to file together as it was offered during the February mediation and I'm sure she also owes money herself. Hopefully.  ;)

Today was beautiful as usual but I had taxes. Work had a trip and they needed people to travel to Houston. Well if it weren't for Covid I would have gone. I'm not getting on a plane and it's probably 120 degrees in Texas.

I've been there before in May and it was cooler at 100 degrees and that was at 11pm. I worked to midnight while I was there and they have the biggest mosquitos that I have ever seen in my life. Windows up and AC on. Those critters are monsters and they just bounce off your windshield.

However, by far, the best steak, hamburgers and barbecue anywhere. The food is unbelievable.

So I was able to run around 7pm in my Brooks Ghost 12's , red, white and blue pair. Tomorrow I just have to run 4.80 miles and this Toll Booth Challenge will finally conclude.

Have a good night

Thank you Stillbaffled

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.