Skip to main content

Author Topic: My Story BRAND NEW MAN 7

W
My Story BRAND NEW MAN 7
#60: August 01, 2020, 09:49:50 PM
Hi FTT,

Oh The Bent Spoon is worth the visit. I found a meter spot on Chambers street and it was basically a 5 min walk. A lot of parking on Nassau street is reserved for curbside pickup only and the meters are covered for individual stores and not in use.

I had a long day today. I hiked early in the morning prior to work and listened to the sounds of the cicada. I also noticed the last 2 days the butterflies are out in abundance.

After work I did a historical homes tour and found quite a few locations. The Abraham Staats House (1740), The Van Veghten House (1720), The Jacobus Vanderveer House (1779), John Wallace House (1775), all played a role in the American Revolutionary War serving as a HQ. George Washington had his HQ at the Wallace House.

Non revolutionary war homes that I visited were Historic Tulipwood (1892) which is being renovated currently, the Hageman Farm (1861), the Wyckoff-Garretson House (1730), the Old Dutch Parsonage (1751) and the Historic Van Liew-Suydam House (1875) which is a Victorian Farmhouse and my favorite as it still sits on its impressive acreage and has an incredible color scheme in person.

Then I had a birthday party to attend. Now it's late. I have a quick turn around for work in the morning.

Have a good night.

Thank you

W
BRAND NEW MAN 7
#61: August 02, 2020, 10:59:59 AM
I forgot August is a new month. So I am now entering 62 months post BD  :o and beginning 14 months post filing for divorce.  :o :o

Let's recap.

July 2015. Look Watcher I care about you but I just dont love you anymore. I want a legal separation.

Oct 2015. I'm going to save my money and I'm going to divorce you Watcher. You wait and see.

July 2019. Oh sh!te ! That man actually filed for divorce.

Dec 2019. Hey Watcher, how about we just stay married and cancel this divorce.  :o :o :o

Hero Spouse used to give out a crockpot at 5 yrs post BD so I'm looking forward to receiving mine. ::) I'm only staying here for the perks at this point.

Aug 2020. I wonder if Watcher gave up that divorce thing yet.  ::) That man is so stubborn. What is his problem ? He should be grateful I let him stay up on my shelf

I have not gotten a haircut since February. My bangs are well below my eyes, lol. I did shave the sides and back of my head today for the 3rd time now. Actually my hair looks pretty good. I have to style it and ,boy oh boy, does the humidity have some fun at my expense.

At some point I will have to professionally cut it I guess. I cannot stand hair on the sides and back as I usually went to the barber monthly. So it's been easily 5 months now post Covid19 BD.

I am finished with work and I am staying home as I am worn out from yesterday. Too many history excursions and I was up way past my bedtime last night.

Enjoy your day everyone

BRAND NEW MAN 7
#62: August 02, 2020, 11:07:38 AM
Hero Spouse used to give out a crockpot at 5 yrs post BD so I'm looking forward to receiving mine. ::) I'm only staying here for the perks at this point.

LOL ;D How time flies when you're having fun, in that not so fun way.

I keep writing down all those cool places you visit. My D sits at home on the weekends, and I send her the list as it grows and tell her to go take a day trip and get pictures for me if they are within striking distance (the virtual vacation)
When life gives you lemons, make SALSA!

s
BRAND NEW MAN 7
#63: August 02, 2020, 07:36:12 PM
Are the barber shops and salons not open in your state!?!?   ;)
BD: 1/1/16
Together 15 years - married 7 years
His divorce final 7/26/16
Married the OW

After all, tomorrow is another day.

W
BRAND NEW MAN 7
#64: August 03, 2020, 12:34:43 PM
Hi OffRoad, Stillbaffled.

Oh don't worry Stillbaffled, I will have my haircut in time to run our 5K together.  ;)

This morning I attempted to see Buttermilk Falls in Stokes State Forest. Unfortunately all the access points were closed. I think I had to dump my car and hike my way in. However, there really was no place to dump my car.

So I set out for Bushkill Falls in Pennsylvania. I was there once before with Forever STBX in 2016 just after BD, AKA, when the sugar plums were still dancing in my head phase.  ::)

Low and behold I found Dingman's Falls instead. There was no one there however I had to dump my car on the side of the road. It was a 1 mile walk to the visitor center and probably a half mile to the falls. Beautiful area with a wooden boardwalk completely under the canopy of the trees. Two very nice waterfalls in the park, which is closed, hence the dumping of my vehicle on the side of the road.

I then traveled to Bushkill Falls to check it out and it was beyond crowded. Those falls are really spectacular but I wasnt exposing myself to Covid19 as I knew the walkways would be crowded. There were hundreds of cars.

So I then stumbled upon Mt. Tammany in Delaware Water Gap. The sign made it seem like this would be a quick climb. There was a warning sign for rattlesnakes and copperheads. I just got back to my car and it took me 2.5 hrs to traverse 3.5 miles to the summit and back. My Garmin says 1,580 feet. This was a real climb.  ::)

There were 2 spectacular views of the Delaware River. I sat on the summit for awhile. The hawks were pretty much flying 15 feet above me. Reallistically they were probably waiting for a human to drop.  ::) So IDK where I'm off to now as the Tropical Storm is coming tomorrow.

Yes, the crockpot can symbolize both the LBS and MLCer. The LBS spends so much time wondering when this crisis is going to end. Then one day the LBS begins to wonder, would I really take this varmint back.  ;D

Yes the crockpot should be the new color coded icon for The Hero Spouse. I have to check on the status of my barber Stillbaffled as that is a good question.

Enjoy your day ladies

• Back to being #1 for my daughters!!!!
BRAND NEW MAN 7
#65: August 03, 2020, 01:32:12 PM
Hello,

If you shaved your head like mine, you wouldn't need a barber. I haven't been out much, but I have been getting in my minutes either lifting or high intensity, low impact cardio. Shaun T does wonders.

This is our first day of virtual learning. Hate it with a passion. I miss the kids and I know they miss school and their friends. Especially the little ones. The kindergarten students are so cute and eager for school. Miss the whole aspect of our first day. Hopefully we get a good vaccine and treatment going and put this virus to a rest.

On the crockpot, I think you actually qualify for the dual crock buffet slow cooker as you have had the double whammy. Your ex is a hot mess, and words cannot explain your divorce. When is your attorney just going to play hardball with your wife? Just go before a judge and file contempt for refusing to sign the MSA? Just because she is difficult doesn't mean you should have to give in. This lady won't let you see your children. I know women who have not received a dime in child support and tried to refuse visitation as a leverage for money get hauled into court and told they can't deny visitation despite the lack of child support.

What is everyone waiting on? Your ex to suddenly grow a conscious? That hopefully a little cricket will jump on her shoulder and tell her how to behave?

I am not even in your situation and your story frustrates me.

Fist bump, Fabio- enjoy your locks, concerts, and running. I'd rather be bald and have my boring, uneventful life anyday.

[[[[[[Ready]]]]]]]
"Always look in the mirror and love what you see."

W
BRAND NEW MAN 7
#66: August 04, 2020, 08:29:10 AM
Hi Ready.

Well I won't touch the top of my head as I will leave that for the professional to deal with whenever I go back to my barber. I'm liking long hair so I may just keep it now. I actually can comb it, lol. Yes I tidy up real nice now.

The gym is opening on August 17th and I will have the option to suspend my account for 6 more months. Now I miss the gym but I dont think I'm ready to test indoor working out just yet. They are only permitted to have 25% occupancy and wearing a mask is recommended.

The hurricane is coming today so I am grounded. I don't remember Old Pilot mentioning hurricane's in his GAL opening statement. So maybe it should read GAL*. The asterisk would denote a disclaimer to inform the LBS about potential hurricane's and such.

Thankfully I'm a 5yr+ er LBS. I would think a much newer LBS would be upset that their GAL instructions had no asterisk warning them of potential hurricane's and other weather related issues.  ::)

Well, at least, the Mullica River will be full flow come Sunday for kayaking.

I have SeriousXM radio in my car, however they play lousy country music. I dare say, it might be my father's country music which sounds like country music. I don't listen to that stuff.  ::)

Some guy Jason Aldean sings about a "Big Green Tractor". Well IDK who that Jason Aldean is as apparently there is more than one. Meanwhile Tim McGraw has the catchy, "Real Bad Boy, Real Good Man".

Ryan Hurd "Every Other Memory", Chris Janson "Done",  Jason Aldean "Got What I Got". Those are my favorites at the moment and are pretty much reserved for when a woman finds me and I'm back in a relationship.  ;) Well Aldean is my favorite.

However, that Luke Combs now has "Lovin' On You". These country boys are trying to get me to relationship up.

Well my calves are "good" sore and tired from yesterday's mountain. People looked like zombies about the midway point as we were climbing. Everyone was just mindlessly plugging along to the summit.

This was all rocks and boulders. Along the way I began looking at myself and some of these other participants and I wondered who allowed all of us on this dangerous mountain climb. The views from the summit were just breathtaking.

Don't worry Stillbaffled, I will do no mountain climbing prior to running our 5K.  ;)

Enjoy your day

s
BRAND NEW MAN 7
#67: August 04, 2020, 10:36:08 AM

Don't worry Stillbaffled, I will do no mountain climbing prior to running our 5K.  ;)

Watcher - my best time for a 5K has been like 28 minutes!  You could probs run two of them in that time!!   ;D   Or maybe you'll just have to give me a 12-14 minute head start!  Lol! 

You are certainly seeing some very lovely sights.  Keep up the good work. 
BD: 1/1/16
Together 15 years - married 7 years
His divorce final 7/26/16
Married the OW

After all, tomorrow is another day.

W
BRAND NEW MAN 7
#68: August 04, 2020, 01:47:34 PM
LOL Stillbaffled.

Well I do find ways to entertain myself and keep occupied. I always maintained she didn't want the divorce nor did she want to be married. The divorce itself is a new kind of limbo where I think I'm purposely being kept by all parties involved.

Look it's really not GAL as it's more about just living life. Initially we are all in survival mode and gradually it just morphs into living ones life where you develop new interests or renew old ones.

So one day I will be divorced and I will continue to enjoy and live my life. I just don't see her ever recovering from her crisis, and,  even if she did years later, what would I have in common with her. That old life has passed the both of us by and its probably for the best to leave it where she tossed it back in 2015.

She has brought emotional and financial devastation upon our family. I'm going to survive because I have been proactive and the court will still try to take as much as possible from me because they don't want to address her. She is not financially recovering from divorce.

We were the ones blindsided and maybe the majority of us are just not meant to get back together with those who have caused so much pain and devastation to us and our families.

Oh there is pretending to drop the rope and then there is just no rope left to drop one day. I think I pretended to drop the rope for a few years. Now I clearly see myself in so many new threads so I understand that it's just a process for each LBS. I dropped the rope finally

There is no pretty way to rock bottom my IC always said. Meanwhile, IDK if I really care if she reaches rock bottom as it's been 5+ years.

The hurricane seems to be leveling off. We still have some crazy wind however the sun is out. I work the next 3 days so my exploring is limited.

I have found this Van Slyke Castle which are ruins along some trail so I'm going to try and see if I can hike to it as parking is an issue. Paterson Great Falls is another location I can explore before work as it's supposed to be really impressive. So I should be busy for a few more days and I do have to get back to running as today is my 5th day off in a row now.

This current 126 mile challenge is not that oppressive as the last one. So we shall see where the remainder of the week goes.

Thank you

• You can't please everyone. You are NOT a pizza!
BRAND NEW MAN 7
#69: August 05, 2020, 02:56:39 AM
Some guy Jason Aldean sings about a "Big Green Tractor". Well IDK who that Jason Aldean is as apparently there is more than one. Meanwhile Tim McGraw has the catchy, "Real Bad Boy, Real Good Man".

Ryan Hurd "Every Other Memory", Chris Janson "Done",  Jason Aldean "Got What I Got". Those are my favorites at the moment and are pretty much reserved for when a woman finds me and I'm back in a relationship.  ;) Well Aldean is my favorite.

However, that Luke Combs now has "Lovin' On You". These country boys are trying to get me to relationship up.

Well, if they manage to get you hooked up, you can always fall back on Dierks Bentley "What Was I Thinkin'" ;D
Me - 57, xW - 50
Together 19 years - Married 17 at separation & 21 at D-Day
S - 13, D - 9
2 Dogs
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015
House sold & separated - Mar 2016
Divorce final 30 August 2019

Survival Instructions for Newbies
Site Map

A "friend" will not "stand by you" no matter what you do. That is NOT a friend. That is an enabler. That is an accomplice.
A REAL friend will sit you down and tell you to your face to stop being a firetrucking idiot before you ruin your life and the lives of those around you.

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.