Skip to main content

Author Topic: My Story S.T.R.E.S.S..: Someone Trying to Repair Every Situation Solo

N

Nas

Last thread:
https://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=10679.150

Life doesn’t always go as planned, even when you spend most of it excessively and meticulously planning (...as a hyper-independent form of trauma response).
Someday, it will all be safe and secure. It will all be okay. (is this a statement or a question? TBD.)

Started today with a little meditation. And saw this affirmation for today that I thought I’d share to kick off a new thread:

I open to harmonious energy.
I deserve peace.
I attract calm vibrations into my life.
I focus on the things that I can control.
I let go of what is beyond my control.
I trust that all things will work out in my best interest.
I deserve peace, security and harmony.
I open to the blessings of the universe.

Happy Sunday, folks.

Amen and all of those things will be drawn to you. :)
There are two ways of spreading light:
Be the candle; or the mirror that reflects it

Don't ask why someone is still hurting you; ask why you keep letting them.

At some point you have to get sick of going through the same sh!t.

Women are NOT rehabilitation centers for badly raised men. It is not your job to fix ,parent, raise or change him.
You want a partner not a project.

Love this title! Welcome to your new thread.
"Unconditional love is the highest of high standards, and while we are letting go of our need to control the process of anyone else, we are taking within our lives complete accountability for our own experience."

http://seriousvanity.com/how-to-cultivate-unconditional-love-and-change-the-world/

• Back to being #1 for my daughters!!!!
Hello,

Happy Sunday. I am also wishing you the 15 lbs I need to lose can go directly to you.

((((Hugs))) and enjoy the cheescake!

Ready
"Always look in the mirror and love what you see."

M
Happy Sunday to you, Nas. Thanks for sharing the wise thoughts. For me especially: I focus on the things that I can control - I let go of what is beyond my control. It's a lesson I'm still working on. Wish I'd known this stuff years ago. So helpful to get a reminder.
Married 1989, together since 1984 
BD May 2014,
D25, D22, S15
OW Physical Affair same one. He and she said she turned 34 the month of BD. She turned 52 this year.

Following along, Nas!   :)
A quote from a recovered MLCer: 
"From my experience if my H had let me go a long time ago, and stop pressuring me, begging, and pleading and just let go I possibly would have experienced my awakening sooner than I did."

b
Coming along on your journey Nas!
Married April 1985
5 children
Bomb Drop April 2013
Thrown out of house August 2013
Affair discovered November 2013 (i guessed who)
Home December 3 2013
The Journey Of Reconciliation .. is for the brave .

Anger is like a candle in the wind ... it blows out the light of all reason.

s
Continuing on with you, Nas.
BD: 1/1/16
Together 15 years - married 7 years
His divorce final 7/26/16
Married the OW

After all, tomorrow is another day.

N

Nas

Thanks all.
I have so many thoughts swirling in my mind but I’m too tired to parse them. So much to do. Time feels like it’s dragging but racing right past me at the same time  :o

More important than anything though, for anyone who needs it, here is the info on deadlines to request a mail in ballot in the US:

https://www.vote.org/absentee-ballot-deadlines/

Thank for the info, Nas.

My ballots in the mail already. MN has early voting.   :)
A quote from a recovered MLCer: 
"From my experience if my H had let me go a long time ago, and stop pressuring me, begging, and pleading and just let go I possibly would have experienced my awakening sooner than I did."

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.