Skip to main content

Author Topic: My Story S.T.R.E.S.S..: Someone Trying to Repair Every Situation Solo

N

Nas

Glad it helped, RTF. Keep breathing.

Today’s reminder:
I focus on what I can control instead of what I cannot.
The panic I feel is only temporary.
I am doing the best that I can.
I have been through difficult obstacles before and I have come out strong.

Also: Shut up, Fear, no one, asked your opinion!

We’re all okay. Just might take some extra effort.
Hope everyone is hanging in there!

N

Nas

A convo with someone today reminded me of one of my favorite, favorite books that I had forgotten about, and also a forgotten memory of how much this book helped me in the first 3-6 months after BD.  So I wanted to put it here before I forget, in case any newbies stumble into my thread:

Writing Down the Bones
by Natalie Goldberg

https://www.amazon.com/Writing-Down-Bones-Freeing-Writer/dp/161180308X

It's not about MLC at all.  But the writing exercises in it are great for MANY things, including sorting your thoughts (especially if you're just coming off a BD).

L
  • Subscriber, 12 Month
Attaching - wonderful recommendation, and I thank you for the affirmations along the way. They feel very relevant to the work I am doing right now.

s
I always thought breathing was something I did all the time. I mean, otherwise I would be dead right? But since I got my Apple Watch I learned that’s not true LOL as it often tells me to breath 😂
Me - 28
H - 35
3 children together D3 D6 D8 (D1 D4 and D6 at the time of BD)
Together - almost 8 years

BD & MLCer moved out - November 2017
OW discovered - December 2017
Moved in with Ow - November 2019
Ow met children - December 2019

N

Nas

LL, hope you like the book!
Sachat, it’s amazing, something like breathing that is supposed to be a given and yet sometimes it’s hard.

Words for today:

My limitless awareness overcomes all obstacles.

There is a way through every block. There is help and I am willing to ask for it. I can find hope in all things, for all things are part of my progress. Today I pay attention to the open doors, the new ideas, the support around me. I can find hope everywhere, and I'm free to explore each moment without anxiety.

A
You truly are an inspiration, Nas. 
(((((HUGS)))))
My first thread:  https://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=8164.150

My reconnecting thread:  https://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=10524.msg699615#msg699615

Live-in MLCer

Feb 2015: BD. 
Oct 2015: ILYBINILWY.
Apr 2016: Affair discovered
Dec 2017: Seriously reconnecting

N

Nas

(((((HUGS)))))

Well in all honesty I’m a little fraudulent - talking the talk but not yet really walking the walk.
But I’m inspired by others and hope to inspire others someday.

The panic I feel is only temporary.
Well this inspired me to huff and puff towards making a difficult phone call yesterday....which actually turned out to be a good one with a really good outcome. So, frankly, you are inspiring enough for me lol x
T: 18  M: 12 (at BD) No kids.
H diagnosed with severe depression Oct 15. BD May 16. OW since April 16, maybe earlier. Silent vanisher mostly.
Divorced April 18. XH married ow 6 weeks later.
Healing and growing found here https://littleplotbythesea.wordpress.com

"Option A is not available so I need to kick the s**t out of Option B" Sheryl Sandberg

s
(((((HUGS)))))

FWIW, I think sometimes the saying “fake it till you make it” goes a long way. When I was a teen I did drama class and always got shy performing. However I was told “pretend your confident” and I soon started feeling it.

Well in all honesty I’m a little fraudulent - talking the talk but not yet really walking the walk.
But I’m inspired by others and hope to inspire others someday.
Me - 28
H - 35
3 children together D3 D6 D8 (D1 D4 and D6 at the time of BD)
Together - almost 8 years

BD & MLCer moved out - November 2017
OW discovered - December 2017
Moved in with Ow - November 2019
Ow met children - December 2019

N

Nas

Today, for anyone else feeling like they’re in a losing race against time:

Don’t watch the clock;
Do what it does: Keep going.

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.