Skip to main content

Author Topic: My Story S.T.R.E.S.S..: Someone Trying to Repair Every Situation Solo

N

Nas

Today’s reminders:
You are worthy
You are allowed to struggle
You deserve to take up space
You are allowed to speak
You don’t need permission to exist
You are not fundamentally flawed
You have the right to acknowledge your feelings without having to justify them.

Take what you need. ❤️

Today’s reminders:
You are worthy
You are allowed to struggle
You deserve to take up space
You are allowed to speak
You don’t need permission to exist
You are not fundamentally flawed
You have the right to acknowledge your feelings without having to justify them.

Take what you need. ❤️

All of this was helpful to me today, thank you.  I will repeat it as many times as necessary for it to sink in. 
M-42
H-44
S-20 (mine)
D-18 (ours)
S-15 (ours)
Friends 7y before M
Married 14y
BD 12/14/15 - 2 weeks after 14th anniv.
Divorce final 4/13/16
EA - 9/15-4/16
New GF 12/16
Engaged 6/17 (I found out 8/10/17)
Moved to her State 4 States away - 7/13/17 (told me 4 days before)
Eng. off 8/20/17
Moved back to our State 8/24/17
New GF 2/29/20 (Told me 4/22/20)
Married her 4/24/20 (Told me 4/22/20)

Link to my journey: 
https://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=11618.0

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass - it's about learning to dance in the rain."

"Don't become a container for bitterness.  It's a toxin that destroys what it's carried in."

"Sometimes - some things have to break apart so better things can be built."

• Back to being #1 for my daughters!!!!
Hello,

As a leader, I took what you wrote and changed it push my mindset interacting with others:

They are worthy
They are allowed to struggle
They deserve to take up space
They are allowed to speak
They don’t need permission to exist
They are not fundamentally flawed
You need to acknowledge their feelings without having to justify them.

And when all else fails: Breathe

((((Hugs)))

Ready
"Always look in the mirror and love what you see."

E
I think you should copy that across to the ‘Grace’ thread Ready. It seems to me a pretty good definition.
M: 50 (48 @ BD)
H: 53 (51 @ BD)
Married 20yrs, together 23yrs
D: 21 (19 @ BD)
D: 19 (17 @ BD)
'Extra D': 19 (17 @ BD)
BD (that I didn't recognise as such) Easter 2018
BD 9th Sep 2018
OW (45, now 47) - he met her in the pub a week before BD, told me about her a week after BD. Thinks 'their planets have collided' because 'their eyes met across the room' and they had an 'instant connection'. Lives with her. Is building a life with her. Jun 20: H plans to buy a block of land and build a house with her.

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.