Skip to main content

Author Topic: Interacting with Your MLCer Christmas Present Ideas for the MLC person in your life

• Mentor
Interacting with Your MLCer Re: Christmas presents for MLCers - Yes or No?
#20: November 07, 2013, 01:25:47 PM
I will get H and MIL and Son-IL and his Wife small gift cards. Just to let them know I'm thinking of them. I will take the high road.

Last year H was stupid enough to buy a necklace for ow while S10 was with him. S10 told me that Dad had bought a necklace (don't tell my son what you are buying someone for Christmas, he can't keep a secret!  ;D) and I confronted him as I knew it wasn't for me. I told him I hoped she liked it as he always did have good taste in jewelry........

He came in about a week later and Monstered that he took the necklace back so now NO ONE would be getting it. I think ow had broken up with H and he was trying to win her back and she said no....hehehehe!

Wow, was that only last year? Feels like a lot longer ago than that!
Married 18
BD April 2012
Left home Nov 2012
Home May 2016

W
Re: Christmas presents for MLCers - Yes or No?
#21: November 07, 2013, 02:11:39 PM
In my current situation, with H draining the bank acct and leaving just a smidge at the bottom of the barrel, and threatening to cease paying  house bills, cutting off my credit lines, etc. I'm in no position to shop anyway.  So, problem solved, as far as spending $ on any gift for him.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 09:52:19 PM by OldPilot »
me 52  him 51
BD: Aug, 2013
Married 14; Together 17

#22: November 07, 2013, 02:51:41 PM
You gonna get a recipe from a crazy old aunt WW?  ;D ;D ;D ;D
There are two ways of spreading light:
Be the candle; or the mirror that reflects it

Don't ask why someone is still hurting you; ask why you keep letting them.What you allow continues.

At some point you have to get sick of going through the same sh!t.

Women are NOT rehabilitation centers for badly raised men. It is not your job to fix ,parent, raise or change him.
You want a partner not a project.

W
#23: November 07, 2013, 02:56:13 PM
You gonna get a recipe from a crazy old aunt WW?  ;D ;D ;D ;D
No. I was going to just ask YOU for one!

He'll say..."tastes funny - What's InIt?"  :o
me 52  him 51
BD: Aug, 2013
Married 14; Together 17

#24: November 07, 2013, 03:00:17 PM
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Yep-syrup of ipecac..goes in anything..a whole bottle should do it!

Don't ask why someone is still hurting you; ask why you keep letting them.What you allow continues.

Women are NOT rehabilitation centers for badly raised men. It is not your job to fix ,parent, raise or change him.

S
#25: November 07, 2013, 07:19:01 PM
For sure I think it depends upon whether they are in your life or not, and how you feel.  has to be genuine and no expectation to receive anything back.  Blows my mind to see when people give, waiting to receive.  Not true gift giving.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 08:10:15 PM by Snowdrop »
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Albert Einstein

#26: November 07, 2013, 07:23:14 PM
OK I think little bee was serious when she started this thread..us war horses should show some respect .  Myself included.

Sorry little bee- I knew this would happen when I read the title..ummmmm..a little revenge venting going on here.

#27: November 08, 2013, 01:24:07 AM
Haha - yes I was serious, but I don't mind some light entertainment :) Life's too short to take everything seriously. I think I started the thread mostly out of curiosity about how people deal with the present situation.
She Stood In The Storm And When The Wind Did Not Blow Her Away, She Adjusted Her Sails.

http://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=6810.0

BD Sept 13
RC May 14
Living Separately rebuilding our marriage

#28: November 08, 2013, 02:15:58 AM
OK at BD three years ago I toyed with the idea of sending the used kitty litter wrapped up with a bow and sending it in the mail to both of them. Exow was in the house then.

This year is zero for him.

Might be for all of them if they don't get thier $h!te together soon!

#29: November 08, 2013, 03:11:52 PM
I will probably give the wife a coffee card for her favorite place and some bath salts/candles stuff like that. Just a token. If I don't I'm a hater and if I do she doesn't want it. I prefer to just to the kind thing as a very small token of what my heart feels.

For me, I expect nothing. Doubly hard. My birthday is Christmas Eve. Christmas used to be the BIG thing for the wife...The tree would be going up any day now. lol
JJP
As long as I breathe...I stand.

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.