Author Topic: My Story Rebuilding It's been exactly 1 year since he said he wanted to come home  (Read 6327 times)

Offline FindingHopeII

My Story Rebuilding Re: It's been exactly 1 year since he said he wanted to come home
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2016, 01:54:12 PM »
Thanks HDA

Interesting stuff.
F.H. II

Offline barbiedoll

Re: It's been exactly 1 year since he said he wanted to come home
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2016, 04:10:05 PM »
Thanks so much for posting your story!  I am 2 years reconciling with my spouse , and PTSD and triggers and ... well, clearly you know. Your post really did slam me with a reality I give little thought too. ( I appear to be the selfish one now)...but my husband has done and said much the same as yours. Says "anything and forever" to make it up to you and to forgive me. And he tries hard. Thanks for that long list of changes in your husband ... mine has the same list . Well, almost. And I still struggle. I am happy to hear your "happy ending".!  ( my husband also came home very quickly )
Married April 1985
5 children
Bomb Drop April 2013
Thrown out of house August 2013
Affair discovered November 2013 (i guessed who)
Home December 3 2013
The Journey Of Reconciliation .. is for the brave .

Anger is like a candle in the wind ... it blows out the light of all reason.

Offline Made

• Stand...on His Word
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2016, 04:19:18 PM »
attaching
But by God's grace I am what I am.

March 22, 2015 But it is true, I no longer see myself as the problem or as the solution.

Feb 1, 2017 no hope = no expectations = no disappointments

Aug. 8, 2017 She has lung cancer
Sept. 12th 2017 She has surgery and is expected to fully recover and be cured

Offline Anjae

« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2016, 04:39:18 PM »
Hi, HappierDays.

Thank you for your update. I've merged your threads. The previous one was only 3 pages long. Also, that way we can have a better idea of how things have unfolded for you.
Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together. (Marilyn Monroe)

Offline 2faraway

His toxic shame has cause him to self loathe which in turn numbed him from any kind of agape and I don't want a man who cannot receive my love because that just means he cannot give me love. I see that now and I deserve more. I love hard and I want to be loved hard in return.

Such true words just learning myself how toxic all the shame and self criticism has been to our relationship

Offline OldPilot

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2017, 10:19:56 PM »
I see you posted on fellowship about issues you are having so I am bumping up your thread in case you want to talk about it here.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.