Author Topic: My Story How can she  (Read 10726 times)

Offline Optimus360Topic starter

My Story Re: How can she
« Reply #90 on: May 24, 2019, 10:12:01 AM »
You’re constantly trying to justify why you stay.
There’s this blanket of anxiety and frustration that lives on top of everything.  You’re heartbroken because she’s changed so much and so quickly. This nostalgia is baked into everything, of missing what was here

Offline Optimus360Topic starter

Re: How can she
« Reply #91 on: June 16, 2019, 06:52:45 AM »
Why???
It’s father’s Day here in America.  And this morning I was greeted with a polite “Good Morning” by MLC W. (Not normally how she greets me) Followed by the kids presenting me with a Very Nice Father’s Day Gift.  Since my kids are still young, 15, 13, and 10 years, the gift was obviously purchased by W.  Then we had a traditional Country Style Breakfast. (which she made)  One of my favorites.    Across the Breakfast table we had an upbeat, can I say delightful conversation, and even a little bit of flirting, as we planned the day’s events with the whole family.  OK, maybe the flirting was my own wishful thinking, but in any case, the mood is so much lighter than standard weekend mornings.  So why?  Why, can she step up for a special occasion?  If she knows how to be like her old self, or at least act similarly to her old self?  Why doesn’t she work at this at other times?  She simply has to feel the lighter mood.  The reduced tension.  The Fun.  No??
I know, I should simply take this and enjoy, which I intend to do, after finishing this post.  I’ll focus on the good.  A day with my family!  IT IS NICE to have less negativity in the house, even for one day. 
I just find it so difficult to see a glimpse of my old W, only to know that the angry stranger will soon re-appear.

Online Standing Strong

• Trial Subscriber
Re: How can she
« Reply #92 on: June 16, 2019, 12:54:19 PM »
OR she hides in her room, watching TV, or on her phone.  When I ignore her and her antics, things go smoother, but it is still an unfulfilling existence. 

This is what mine does!!!! Annoying isn't it?

Ok, about the fathers day "act"..... it's a mask. She knows what she was, she doesn't want to be that (currently)... hence, no she doesn't want to work on that. It was a gift that was probably difficult for her to pull off. A better question would be WHY..... why would she do that for you? Guilt? Covered up feelings? Just to put on a show for the kids? Whatever the reason, she did it and that's something. Can't hand a hope on it, but take it for what it is.... positive. Obviously it took thought and effort, and isn't that what we're all looking for? One step at a time. I think you're 100% right about enjoying it for now and the alien will return soon. Good going man!!!!
Keep that love alive!!!! She's counting on you, she just doesn't know it yet.

-SS

W - 38
M - 41
Together 24 years, M 21
No kids
BD - 27th April 2019

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.