Author Topic: My Story Reconnecting Hey, are you making it out on a limb  (Read 13743 times)

Offline BeaconTopic starter

My Story Reconnecting Re: Hey, are you making it out on a limb
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2016, 12:03:42 PM »
Found an appropriate quote today I wanted to share.

"Maybe we'll meet again, when we are slightly older and our minds less hectic, and I'll be right for you and you'll be right for me. But right now I am chaos to your thoughts and you are poison to my heart." - Unknown

Offline UrsaMajor

• Live like they are never coming back
Re: Hey, are you making it out on a limb
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2016, 01:02:44 AM »
Found an appropriate quote today I wanted to share.

"Maybe we'll meet again, when we are slightly older and our minds less hectic, and I'll be right for you and you'll be right for me. But right now I am chaos to your thoughts and you are poison to my heart." - Unknown

Wow! Isn't that the truth....
Me - 56
STBXW - 48
Together 19 years - Married 17 at separation
S - 12
D - 8
2 Dogs (1 each)
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015
House sold & separated - Mar 2016
Mid-Lifer filed for D
Waiting for final decree

Survival Instructions for Newbies
Site Map

A "friend" will not "stand by you" no matter what you do. That is NOT a friend. That is an enabler. That is an accomplice.
A REAL friend will sit you down and tell you to your face to stop being a firetrucking idiot before you ruin your life and the lives of those around you.

Offline hawk

« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2016, 03:14:50 AM »

Sure is .
Together 19yrs
BD, 2012
Divorce 16mths later

« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2016, 03:54:18 PM »
Just journaling as Ive had a rough day. My grandmother was given a couple days left to live and that hit me hard. She played a tremendous role in raising me and it will be sad to see her go. She is 90 and has lived an amazing life so I understand that sometimes it's just their time to go. On the other hand it has left me feeling quite down. Mostly because I want to be able to share this information with my W however she is on her fantasy vacation with OM so I am not going to be able to. It's probably better that way anyway.

Trying to stay strong and go day by day.

Offline beyondblessed

« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2016, 04:10:37 PM »
Well she needs a new oven because hers must be broken.  :D

Beacon, thank you for this little quip!  It really did make me laugh out loud.  I think my H needs a new oven too....preferably a convection one, as they do the job in half the time!
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 04:12:02 PM by tocslave »

« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2016, 11:08:30 AM »
So the other day my W says something along the lines of "I am so desperately tired of doubt, I shall fix this with a passionate self destructive drive"

So instead of facing the issues she is admitting to the fact that she is being completely self destructive. What the Firetruck is wrong with these MLCr's?

I wonder how that self destruction is working  :o

Oh well not really concerned with it just wanted to add it to the list of stupid things MLCr's say.

Hope everyone is enjoying their week.

Offline beyondblessed

« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2016, 01:49:26 PM »
Pure craziness!  It's hard work being sane and responsible!

Offline Jaybeecee

• MLCer Type: Clinging Boomerang
« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2016, 01:51:11 PM »
In moments of clarity they realize just how self destructive they are.  The problem, I believe, is that they lack the emotional maturity to see the path to fixing it.  It is easier just to try everything they can (blame, anger, OP, etc) to ignore it.

Love the quote!
Me 43
H 42
OW 10/16/15
BD 01/16 ILYBINILWY
S 13, S 11
Divorce final 8/24/16
xH marries OW 10/14/16

« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2016, 01:59:43 PM »
I agree she did have a moment of clarity and it was the day before she left on her vacation with OM. I suspect it was the guilt she felt. She said she hadn't slept a wink all night and didn't go to work the next day and then posted that and the next day left on her trip. So obviously she is train wreck thankfully I got off the train.

Im over the vacation completely and the OM it really doesn't bother me anymore, the only thing that bothers me is that he has allowed her to pay for EVERYTHING on this trip. The hotel, the food, bar tabs, souvenirs, etc... What the Firetruck kind of man would allow a woman to pay his way for a week on vacation. It baffles me. 

Offline beyondblessed

« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2016, 02:03:38 PM »
In moments of clarity they realize just how self destructive they are.  The problem, I believe, is that they lack the emotional maturity to see the path to fixing it.  It is easier just to try everything they can (blame, anger, OP, etc) to ignore it.

Love the quote!

I agree!  In order for my H to make it out of this crisis a better man, he'll have to learn to do 4 things he's never done before:

1.  Grow up
2.  Accept responsibility
3.  Admit wrongdoing
4.  Apologize....and mean it

From this viewpoint, I just don't ever see all those things coming from him.  He was always pretty self centered and very immature, so he's gonna have one hell of a climb to make it back out this hole!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.