Author Topic: My Story Reconnecting I get by with a little help from my friends.  (Read 6794 times)

Offline Anjae

My Story Reconnecting Re: And the sun shines...
« Reply #60 on: September 13, 2017, 07:16:20 PM »
We talk about them going through a tunnel, but we do too. At first we can't see the light, and we have only one objective; to get through it, find the light. At times it seems so dark, so bleak. The light is an idea, created by this forum; to stand, to save our marriage. Long before we see the end of this tunnel, we begin to see ourselves in the dim light, with difficulty at first, then more clearly. We realise that the light doesn't come from the end of the tunnel, but from within it; there are other sources of light, chinks in the tunnel which are also alternative ways out. Reconnection isn't the only option. Sometimes it's not an option at all; the end of the tunnel is a dead end, or it's a disappointment.

So, our tunnel is our opportunity to grow, to be whole. And it's the most essential part of the process.

This, a 1000 times. But I think our tunnel is less dark and shorter.

From what I recall, we always said MLCer return broken, but that after the crisis is over, they will be a better version of themselves (the crisis does not ends with replay, as often, especially newbies, tend to think) and that, we may, or may not, like the new person that emerges from the crisis.

Likewise, they may also not like the new us.
Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together. (Marilyn Monroe)

Online Mae

Re: I get by with a little help from my friends.
« Reply #61 on: September 14, 2017, 01:09:16 AM »
I'm glad it helped, mae.

I see you have a CB who had an EA, like mine.

Patience is Needed. This takes longer than we think.

I wouldn't even call it an EA....since he never shared anything of himself. Was more a Fantasy Affair. And you're right patience is the key.....I'm learning it.
Me: 50
H: 40
S19, D15
Together for 19 years
BDay in 2004, 2011 and now March 5 2017
Ran away on 5 March BD
No OW
Returned home 'underdone' 1 July 2017.
Left again 22 October 2017.
H - Silent and non-communicative

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk