Author Topic: Off-Topic MLC Humor II  (Read 5216 times)

Offline Wed2Him?Whatever.

• I survived BD1 (3/11), BD2 (5/12) & divorce (3/13)
Off-Topic Re: MLC Humor II
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2011, 09:35:20 AM »
When my MLCer calls, I've always wanted to yell, "Go ahead, caller, you're on the air..."

One time he called asking me for a phone number, I think to a utility company for some reason, and it wasn't like "look the number up for me" it was more like he thought I had the thing memorized or something when I actually had no idea what it was.  I rattled off the digits immediately and instead of him asking, "How on earth would you know that?", he hung up and called the bogus number I gave him.  He called back, and by then, I had looked up the right number for him.  He didn't get the joke.  I just wanted him to maybe begin looking these things up for himself, instead of always running to me for something.

Didn't work.  He only does for himself when he gets in Monster mode and is "hating" me.
Patience is the weapon that forces deception to reveal itself.

Offline memyselfandi

• MLCer Type: Boomerang
Re: MLC Humor II
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2011, 11:37:14 AM »
OK, wanted to chime in here ... although the opportunity hasn't arisen for this one yet and I have posted this hypothetical discussion with H on my thread, thought this was an appropriate place for it. To preface this conversation, H always comes to me when he has a new GF and drones on about how much he likes them, how this one is different, blah blah. Then, the minute things fall apart, he contacts me to let me know he made a mistake, didn't know what he was thinking, how silly he was, how stupid, wrong, etc. the GF was, blah blah. Usually I listen, validate and all that kind of stuff. Well, he is on GF #3 and of course, I got all the usual goodness about her and now, as I await the inevitable, I played this hypothetical conversation over in my head as I have decided I will no longer be his sounding board:

H: Just so you know GF #3 and I broke up. I realized I was making a mistake.

MMI: Sorry to hear that ... so, what time do the kids have hockey again. I just can't seem to recall.

H: She just wasn't the right one and I realize that now and I'm sorry for what I did to the kids again and I know now that there is no hurry to introduce someone new into their lives again.

MMI: What time was it again that the kids have hockey?

H: I know I made many mistakes but I promise I've learned and I won't do it again. You probably already knew because you know me better than anyone else in the world.

MMI: What time was it again that the kids have hockey?

Maybe, by this time, he'll realize I'm not listening or validating and may stop the silliness, but if not, my next response will be:

MMI: Is D11 wearing her bra today?

That outta shut him up LOL. Talk about increased confusion, his head would be spinning 360's for days.

Offline Wed2Him?Whatever.

• I survived BD1 (3/11), BD2 (5/12) & divorce (3/13)
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2011, 12:00:51 PM »
MM&I, I absolutely love the hypothetical conversation!!  That would be so hilarious!!   ;D
Patience is the weapon that forces deception to reveal itself.

Offline IwillBeStrong

« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2011, 12:08:27 PM »
hahaha - this is fantastic,

I love the smile like you know something...

The biggest reaction I ever got, she was dropping the kids off, and as she was leaving I said with a smile "Drive safe, please say hi to your boyfriend from the kids and I" - I thought her eyes were going to pop out, she was so flustered she knocked on the door a few minutes later, she couldn't get out of the building. (You have to push a button to release the lock) lol. That night she called to say good night to the kids, and her mom and dads phone number came up on the call display. She ALWAYS calls from her cell phone, so I know that it was intentional. hahaha - guilt is a powerful thing I guess.

Offline growing every day

• MLCer Type: Vanisher
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2011, 02:56:11 PM »
Hmm... maybe we should invent some kind of new trend or style that "all the kids" are doing.  You know, tell them that it's cool for guys to wear short cut-off shorts or that mullets are back...

The last time I saw my H in January he had a gullett. a Grey Mullett. My kids died laughing when they saw him. He on the ohter hand thought he looked cool.
Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.--Carl Bard

Offline Little Chief

« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2011, 03:39:42 PM »
You know, mine still gets his mail delivered to the house...maybe I should put some teen magazines in with it.  Do they still make Tiger Beat?
"You can only walk into a wall so many times before you realize there's not a friggin door there!"  --- Summer Progress

Offline Thundarr

« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2011, 07:12:48 PM »
GED - A Gullett?!??!?  I needed that visual so badly tonight!! LOL
One day at a time.

Thundarr

Offline WarriorPriestess

• VICTORY
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2011, 07:40:23 PM »

The last time I saw my H in January he had a gullett. a Grey Mullett. My kids died laughing when they saw him. He on the ohter hand thought he looked cool.

ROTFLMAO!!!
"Through dangers untold and hardships unnumbered, I have fought my way here to the castle beyond the Goblin City.  For my will is as strong as yours, and my kingdom as great.  You have no power over me."

Offline WarriorPriestess

• VICTORY
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2011, 07:42:27 PM »
MM&I, that hypothetical conversation is actually the same format I've found very effective when talking to my teenage students.  Go figure.
"Through dangers untold and hardships unnumbered, I have fought my way here to the castle beyond the Goblin City.  For my will is as strong as yours, and my kingdom as great.  You have no power over me."

Offline memyselfandi

• MLCer Type: Boomerang
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2011, 07:52:50 PM »
LOL Warrior ... is there an official name for the "I'm not engaging you" conversational format? We should copyright it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.