Author Topic: My Story Removing the Crepe  (Read 5727 times)

Offline theheartknowsTopic starter

My Story Removing the Crepe
« on: October 17, 2016, 11:26:01 PM »
A letter came to H under my name at my address the other day (weird.) I texted him to let him know.

He answered, "Thanks for letting me know.I will check it out when I come back. We are in Kauai. We just got off a water tour."

Me: Wow!

H: Yes, for 8 days! I saved up my bonus. It is very pretty here. The water is so clear!!

H sounded just like a little boy reporting to his mom about summer camp. He even saved up his own allowance to go. He was too excited for me to be angry for long.

Wow! Is right...too weird.

previous thread: http://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=6919.0
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 02:29:10 PM by Anjae »
You never know what's around the corner. It could be everything. Or it could be nothing. You keep putting one foot in front of the other, and then one day you look back and you've climbed a mountain.”

Offline Shocked

Removing the Crepe
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2016, 09:49:39 AM »
Wow!!! That is so awful!!!! It is exactly has you observed his being a boy and not a man!!!! The man is who you grieve. Where did he go? Maybe that was him just pretending. I am so sorry that stings!!!
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 02:30:47 PM by Anjae »
I care🤗
H 51
W 58
M 22 Years
2 AD both married from my first M
BD 12/15 moved out-in replay, vanisher, MOW in Atlanta
D 2/17

Offline Musica

Removing the Crepe
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2016, 10:29:10 AM »
Ouch ... I think for me, the worst thing would be the 'we'  ... he could have said I am in  .... wherever.

So sorry tho, you are too kind!
Take care, and big hugs xxx
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 02:29:46 PM by Anjae »

Offline LearningIamOk

Removing the Crepe
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2016, 03:19:14 PM »
Sorry you had to hear about his adventure. I am certain it must have stung.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 02:31:01 PM by Anjae »
trying2bok

Removing the Crepe
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2016, 04:02:53 PM »
Thanks for your empathy Shocked, Musica, and Learning. Yes, it stung. It should have been me. Btu didn't sting for long.

Truthfully, I do not think he was boasting to make me feel bad. He was too excited not to tell me because I am the person in his life who has always cared. Not many other people cared (care) about him the way I did. Who else would have wanted to know if he were sick or how his day went at work or what he had for lunch or... all about his exciting vacation.

What is sad, is that he doesn't see the irony of this.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 02:31:15 PM by Anjae »
You never know what's around the corner. It could be everything. Or it could be nothing. You keep putting one foot in front of the other, and then one day you look back and you've climbed a mountain.”

Offline LearningIamOk

Removing the Crepe
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2016, 04:22:43 PM »
I agree that it doesn't seem like it was a vicious revelation on his part, but it was a thoughtless one. What a fool for walking away from you if you are really his only true friend.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 02:31:27 PM by Anjae »
trying2bok

Offline xyzcf

Removing the Crepe
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2016, 04:43:13 PM »
Although it doesn't seem to be possible, sometimes it is better when I do not know anything about his life.

It still hurts, probably always will but at least the sting is not so sharp nor does it remain so long.

I did find each time he did something that was upsetting, I let go a bit more.

Sending you a ((((HUG)))))
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 02:31:41 PM by Anjae »
"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see" Hebrews 11:1

"You enrich my life and are a source of joy and consolation to me. But if I lose you, I will not, I must not spend the rest of my life in unhappiness."

" The truth does not change according to our ability to stomach it". Flannery O'Connor

http://www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com/site-map.html
The Hero's Spouse Mission Statement
Survival Instructions for Newbies
The Mentor Program
Report Technical Problems

Offline Anjae

Removing the Crepe
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2016, 04:55:09 PM »
We... phew... It really does not seem to have been in ill intent, but it was thoughless. What am I saying, since when MLCer are considerated and think that they may be upsetting/hurting their LBS.

Little excited boy on holidays, he was.

A started a new thread from your today's post. The title can be changed if you want.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 02:31:58 PM by Anjae »
Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together. (Marilyn Monroe)

Offline Butterfly777

Removing the Crepe
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2016, 06:04:57 PM »
Hi THK!!

I find this interesting because I have often referred to my H treating me as if I was his mother since BD.  I thought it was because one of the triggers of his MLC was his mother's passing , but I guess it's common. I'm sorry you got stung ! Sending hugs
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 02:32:12 PM by Anjae »

Removing the Crepe
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2016, 07:26:18 PM »
Thanks all for your encouragement!! You are the best!!
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 02:32:24 PM by Anjae »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Legal Disclaimer
The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.