Author Topic: My Story so this is now my life...vol.2  (Read 4705 times)

Online UrsaMajor

• Live like they are never coming back
My Story Re: so this is now my life...vol.2
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2017, 04:21:36 AM »
Me - 56
xW - 49
Together 19 years - Married 17 at separation
S - 12
D - 8
2 Dogs (1 each)
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015
House sold & separated - Mar 2016
Divorce final 30 August 2019

Survival Instructions for Newbies
Site Map

A "friend" will not "stand by you" no matter what you do. That is NOT a friend. That is an enabler. That is an accomplice.
A REAL friend will sit you down and tell you to your face to stop being a firetrucking idiot before you ruin your life and the lives of those around you.

Offline in it

Re: so this is now my life...vol.2
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2017, 04:32:18 AM »
I agree UM -l love those bouncy faces.. ;D ;D

See?? you let go a little and there is some movement..proceed with caution.
It is understandable she got herself into something then did not know how to get out of it.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 05:07:15 AM by in it »
There are two ways of spreading light:
Be the candle; or the mirror that reflects it

Don't ask why someone is still hurting you; ask why you keep letting them.

At some point you have to get sick of going through the same sh!t.

Women are NOT rehabilitation centers for badly raised men. It is not your job to fix ,parent, raise or change him.
You want a partner not a project.

Offline StormChaser

• Jumping in front of tornadoes since June 2016
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2017, 01:23:10 PM »
Hey Krathos,

My w has been "back" since just before xmas. Very sudden as well. Just wanted to see how its going...
Me - 49
MLC W - 49
Together 19 yrs
Married 15 yrs
S 13
S 11
S 9
BD June 1 2016
Home Dec 23 2016
Recommitted to our M Sept 2017
3 years since BD, reconciled and going strong

Offline Never say never

« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2017, 04:49:04 PM »
K,

I didn't realize your wife was back.  I must have missed that post!!  I am so excited for you, but as we all say, please proceed with caution.  Don't take things too quickly.
I know it is so exciting and it is something we are all hoping for, but you don't want to scare her back into a corner. 

Hope to hear from you...

Offline in it

« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2017, 07:14:37 PM »
Hope all is going well krathos
Update us when you can.

Women are NOT rehabilitation centers for badly raised men. It is not your job to fix ,parent, raise or change him.

Offline krathosTopic starterTopic starter

« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2017, 07:40:28 PM »
Storm, Never, in it...

Things are going really well, we talk all the time now, D is talking to her a lot more and they are starting to reconnect. D seems to be contacting W a lot more, I don't ask but W tells me when they talk, I stay out of it now, just let things flow naturally.

Wife admitted that she had lost herself and made a big mistake, she is having a hard time forgiving herself for what she did. Told me she wanted me back for months and didn't know how to get rid of OM, he just wouldn't leave. Told me she was always in contact with me to see if I was still interested, if I had moved on, if I would take her back.
I must admit though with the meds she is on she is completely different, more like the woman I met and fell in love with all those years ago..I forgot what that person was like, forgot that person even existed. I guess I have OM to thank for that as he talked her into going to the doctor about meds for her anxiety and depression. I doubt he thought it would turn out the way it did.

We are buidling a new relationship, I for the most part follow her lead, I don't pressure her at all, she still isn't interested in coming home but that's fine, I kinda like it the way things are for now. It's nice to hear I Love You from her again, I really missed that, kinda strange that those 3 little words coming from her makes me feel so good.

Online UrsaMajor

« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2017, 01:22:37 AM »
<----- Admits to being jealous......

Slow and steady wins the race..... I am really happy for you both. You are doing the right things, allowing her to lead the way and not pressuring her at all....

VERY well done.....

UM
Me - 56
xW - 49
S - 12
D - 8
2 Dogs (1 each)
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015

Site Map

A "friend" will not "stand by you" no matter what you do. That is NOT a friend. That is an enabler. That is an accomplice.
A REAL friend will sit you down and tell you to your face to stop being a firetrucking idiot before you ruin your life and the lives of those around you.

Offline krathosTopic starterTopic starter

« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2017, 02:16:12 AM »
Thank you Ursa, I hate coming on here and saying how good it is going with my W when so many are still battling it out, hoping that their W/H's come out of the fog and come back to them. That's why I haven't been posting, not really sure what to say.
I admit that it still isn't easy because part of me is still waiting for her slip back into the fog but I don't let it show and I appreciate every second that her and I have together, every conversation we have together where I now know that she isn't hiding it from OM. I do hope everyone find their way back together.
I want to thank you and everyone else on this site, you helped keep me sane In an insane time....REALLY. The advise and guidance on here really do work, in my case anyways.

Online UrsaMajor

« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2017, 02:20:33 AM »
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE continue to post...

Good news is always a welcome respite from the daily grind of the LBS... It shows those in the trenches that there can, in fact, be a light at the end of the tunnel that is NOT yet another oncoming train....

UM
Me - 56
xW - 49
S - 12
D - 8
2 Dogs (1 each)
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015

Site Map

Offline in it

« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2017, 03:47:08 AM »
I agree with UM.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.