Author Topic: MLC Monster The thing you cannot do  (Read 2442 times)

Offline nah

• His mlc...too bad for him
MLC Monster Re: The thing you cannot do
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2017, 10:04:03 AM »
Eleanor Roosevelt, the wonderful woman behind President Roosevelt, said

You must do the thing you think you cannot do.

For me, making it through this as far as I am is something I thought I could not do.  So now on to something new.

What is the thing you think you cannot do?

I believe the intent of this quote is about us not them....

This is the perfect time in our lives to push the envelope....

Husband is gone, the kids are getting older, what about us?

What is the thing you think you cannot do?

Well, the first year I thought I couldn't live without him.

....and then I did.

I never thought I would have the courage to travel alone.

Did that too.

I never thought I could be successful in a high tech job when most of my coworkers are younger.

Nailed that one.

I never thought I could own my own house, car, keep up with bills, increase my retirement all on my own.  His losing his job and stopping my alimony seemed like a bad thing, but it forced me to be completely on my own.  I love being 100% independent.  I also help support my mother and son.  Not bad for someone who was lucky to live off the fruits of his labor.  ::)

I never thought I could do a pull-up.

Damn,.... still can't do that.  >:(

Ok, well can't be successful at everything.

So what is it that I "cannot do" next?

Now that I have succeeded at my career, I'm going to quit.

Yep.

Why the Hell not?  I'm not tied down. 

Do you think I can travel for months on just a few thousand?

I'll let you know how it works out.  :D
H-54
me-52
ow-30
married 1986
BD April 6 2013 day after family went out for sons birthday.
I packed his bags two days later...semi-vanisher
https://heneversaidaword.com

Offline Philadelphiagirl

Re: The thing you cannot do
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2017, 10:10:05 AM »
....Forgive him for the pain and suffering that he has caused our children, and for leaving us in our not native country with no relatives or real friends, I was very scared at the beginning and very lost xxx Phillyg xxx

Offline beyondblessed

Re: The thing you cannot do
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2017, 08:19:17 AM »
The one thing that's clear here, is that you'll never be able to do the things you thought you couldn't without first detaching and removing yourself from this nonsense.  You'll never know who you are or what you can achieve until you are able to stand on your own to feet and fight for the life you deserve.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.