Author Topic: My Story MLC - 32 going on 14  (Read 7338 times)

Offline 80GeoTopic starterTopic starter

My Story Re: MLC - 32 going on 14
« Reply #80 on: July 28, 2017, 10:40:11 AM »
This weekend, back to school shopping!! OK so I'm really not excited for that. Probably take them all to a movie or something like that too.

As for the car...she messed up and bought it from a place called Drive Time. Not sure if they have that where you are, but they are basically a national buy here pay here type deal that thrives on customers like my XW. They first will get about $500 to put a hold on the vehicle until you can get your down payment ($1300 in her case) and then the payments are automatically deducted from your bank account on a bi-weekly basis. The cars also have GPS locators and remote shutdown installed. If the payment goes late, they shut it down. If payment still is not made they know just where to go to pick up the vehicle and put it right back on the lot. They are glad to miss a monthly payment or too on a vehicle if they can get another hold and down payment on it in the same time frame.
Married 11/05/05
BD 1/13/17
Moved out with kids 4/6/17
D Final 6/20/17
DONE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9-bTdvgyV4

Online stillbaffled

Re: MLC - 32 going on 14
« Reply #81 on: July 28, 2017, 04:17:37 PM »
This weekend, back to school shopping!! OK so I'm really not excited for that. Probably take them all to a movie or something like that too.

As for the car...she messed up and bought it from a place called Drive Time. Not sure if they have that where you are, but they are basically a national buy here pay here type deal that thrives on customers like my XW. They first will get about $500 to put a hold on the vehicle until you can get your down payment ($1300 in her case) and then the payments are automatically deducted from your bank account on a bi-weekly basis. The cars also have GPS locators and remote shutdown installed. If the payment goes late, they shut it down. If payment still is not made they know just where to go to pick up the vehicle and put it right back on the lot. They are glad to miss a monthly payment or too on a vehicle if they can get another hold and down payment on it in the same time frame.

Back to school shopping - I remember those days.  Not really an exciting event and most certainly a costly activity!  But, my kids always liked it.  They loved picking out their new shoes and backpacks, as well as a few other things.  We made the day of it and it always seemed to take a bite out of my budget! 

Never heard of Drive Time.  Sounds like a real lucrative thing for the Drive Time company.  Not such a great deal for the buyer.  I'm guessing the spendy Jetta won't last long. 
BD: 1/1/16
Together 15 years - married 7 years
His divorce final 7/26/16
Married the OW

After all, tomorrow is another day.

« Reply #82 on: July 31, 2017, 07:20:44 AM »
Hey everybody! What a great weekend in MLC land!

No seriously, I was pretty much left the firetruck alone and it was awesome. XW did try to call Saturday night around 11:30, too late to talk to the kids so I just let it go to VM. She hung up and called right back X2 and I let it go both times after. Once she hung up for the 3rd time she texted asking if I was at little sisters house ::). Geo made the right play for once. Answering that call had potential to ruin the rest of the weekend.

I took my oldest girls clothes shopping on Saturday. My oldest is so grown and becoming such a young lady. I imagine I'll be meeting boys this year...so exciting ::). Sunday Granny took them supply shopping while I took the younger two to walk the green-way. Spent the rest of the weekend relaxing and mowing the lawn. Have not had a weekend this easy since November of last year.

I hope everyone else had a good weekend as well although I am sure MLC did not allow that to happen.
Married 11/05/05
BD 1/13/17
D Final 6/20/17
DONE

Offline Thunder

« Reply #83 on: July 31, 2017, 07:53:32 AM »
Good for you Geo, not taking the bait!

I'm glad you had a good week-end.

We have those car places here too.  Their called CarHop.   ::)
A quote from a recovered MLCer: 
"From my experience if my H had let me go a long time ago, and stop pressuring me, begging, and pleading and just let go I possibly would have experienced my awakening sooner than I did."

Offline MoreWillBeRevealed

« Reply #84 on: July 31, 2017, 08:54:21 PM »
Yes, good for you. My best moments were when I went NC with XH unless I had to see him for S6 visitation or discuss a financial matter. It wad bliss the longer faps i had. I didn't feel that tortured gut wrenching anger/loss/frustration feeling when is have to deal with him.

You sound like a great dad. I always said thank God for my kids during MLC. I got so much love from them and a rewarding feeling.
M 4 years, together 7 1/2 years
Me 47
H 49
2014-2016: H withheld sex, love, affection, touch 100% of time.
BD1:07/20/16 "I'm not attracted to you anymore"--kicked H out and hasn't been back.
BD2: 10/17/16 OW, an ex-fiancee and an affair-down, confirmed.
Legal Separation: 10/27/16
Divorce Started: 12/2/16--I'm DONE!
Divorced 6/28/17

"I am not a one in a million kind of girl. I am a once in a lifetime kind of woman."

Offline UrsaMajor

• Live like they are never coming back
« Reply #85 on: August 01, 2017, 07:17:13 AM »
Hey everybody! What a great weekend in MLC land!

No seriously, I was pretty much left the firetruck alone and it was awesome. XW did try to call Saturday night around 11:30, too late to talk to the kids so I just let it go to VM. She hung up and called right back X2 and I let it go both times after. Once she hung up for the 3rd time she texted asking if I was at little sisters house ::). Geo made the right play for once. Answering that call had potential to ruin the rest of the weekend.

And Geo's answer was (NSFHS!) https://media.giphy.com/media/26FLepv8cjuo6OmEE/giphy.gif

Good job ignoring the Master Baiter.... Let her call little sister...

I took my oldest girls clothes shopping on Saturday. My oldest is so grown and becoming such a young lady. I imagine I'll be meeting boys this year...so exciting ::).

With or without the shotgun? :D

Sunday Granny took them supply shopping while I took the younger two to walk the green-way. Spent the rest of the weekend relaxing and mowing the lawn. Have not had a weekend this easy since November of last year.

We too can catch a break once in a while...
Me - 56
xW - 49
Together 19 years - Married 17 at separation
S - 12
D - 8
2 Dogs (1 each)
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015
House sold & separated - Mar 2016
Divorce final 30 August 2019

Survival Instructions for Newbies
Site Map

A "friend" will not "stand by you" no matter what you do. That is NOT a friend. That is an enabler. That is an accomplice.
A REAL friend will sit you down and tell you to your face to stop being a firetrucking idiot before you ruin your life and the lives of those around you.

« Reply #86 on: August 01, 2017, 08:45:46 AM »
She's making it easier to not take the bait. O few weeks ago I would jump at the opportunity just to see her, or smell her hair, or even just hear her voice. After the last few interactions it is getting easier and easier. Now she's telling me that I'm going to meet my death in a fiery auto accident. May be true, but I bet I have fun getting there. She really thinks herself a modern day oracle of sorts. And the things she's doing to her physical appearance....My Wife would shame my X Wife for sure.

MWB - Thanks for the kind words, I try to be. I never thought much of my dad, and I've always wanted to make sure that didn't happen with my kids. Mom was thinking along the same lines for about 14 years, but then she flipped. Oh Well.

UM - No shotguns here man. I'm open to my daughter having boyfriends as long as she keeps her head on straight. Instead of a shotgun, the guy has to go out with me before he can go out with my daughter, that is all I require.
Married 11/05/05
BD 1/13/17
D Final 6/20/17
DONE

Offline Thunder

« Reply #87 on: August 01, 2017, 09:00:42 AM »
Oh boy, I'd love to be a fly on the wall for that date.  ha ha

That might be worse than a shotgun.   ;D
A quote from a recovered MLCer: 
"From my experience if my H had let me go a long time ago, and stop pressuring me, begging, and pleading and just let go I possibly would have experienced my awakening sooner than I did."

Offline UrsaMajor

• Live like they are never coming back
« Reply #88 on: August 02, 2017, 09:42:01 AM »
Oh boy, I'd love to be a fly on the wall for that date.  ha ha

That might be worse than a shotgun.   ;D

Yeah.... I'm thinking like ....

or maybe

"Boy... Ah say now BOY!

Me - 56
xW - 49
Together 19 years - Married 17 at separation
S - 12
D - 8
2 Dogs (1 each)
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015
House sold & separated - Mar 2016
Divorce final 30 August 2019

Survival Instructions for Newbies
Site Map

A "friend" will not "stand by you" no matter what you do. That is NOT a friend. That is an enabler. That is an accomplice.
A REAL friend will sit you down and tell you to your face to stop being a firetrucking idiot before you ruin your life and the lives of those around you.

« Reply #89 on: August 02, 2017, 09:54:30 AM »
No nothing like that at all. I just want to get to know the kid that is getting to know my D14. Maybe I'm still too fond of my teenage years, but I think it has helped me. I've tried very hard not to be the standard issue over protective shotgun in the living room type of dad. I remember being 14 very well. It doesn't start to get foggy until about 17 lol. I felt like every adult I came in contact with was laying a land mine for me, setting me up for failure. I want to help my kids succeed at being who and what THEY want.

So far, with D14 the approach is working. Last year she got in trouble twice at school. The first time was for flipping a kid off in class, the second was for using the firetruck expletive in the hallway when someone scared the wits out of her. The first time, she tried to hide it. I got a call from an administrator wanting to set up a conference...over a bird flip. I thanked the administrator for letting me know and reminded her she had bigger fish to fry than a 13 year old being a 13 year old and I would handle it. I said nothing to D all evening to give her a chance to come clean, even dropped a few not so subtle hints that something was up. I waited until she asked me for something, I think it was to go to Anime club the next day or something. That's when I let her know that I knew about the bird flip and we had a conversation about time and place, and that she would not be going to Anime club the next day. When she started to apologize I let her finish. She was sorry for flipping the bird. I explained she wasn't in trouble for flipping the bird, I was way more advanced than flipping birds at 13, but that the reason she was being punished was for not being honest about it.

The second was basically a repeat from the school, but she let me know as soon as I walked in the door. I heard her story then asked if she was able to serve up any get back to the person who scared her and moved on. Now I get too much info from D14, but I think I know everything I should without having to snoop or get reports from others.
Married 11/05/05
BD 1/13/17
D Final 6/20/17
DONE

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.