Author Topic: My Story Love and Memories  (Read 5549 times)

Offline heroIam

My Story Re: Love and Memories
« Reply #120 on: March 29, 2018, 07:00:19 AM »
Hi HP.
Good to read an update.
You sound good.
Unbelievable how desperate these OW are.  Low self esteem, immature and insecure.
It sounds like that crown is still firmly in place despite any setbacks. 8)
“In the end, you’ve got to be your own hero because everyone’s busy trying to save themselves.”

Offline handpuppetsTopic starter

Re: Love and Memories
« Reply #121 on: May 03, 2018, 07:14:46 PM »
Holy cow, another month has gone by. Time flies when you are having fun.

Mr. HP is still in withdrawal mode overall but I'm still scoring wins left and right. When I was out of town for a weekend last month, he texted every day (he didn't know who I was visiting) with random stuff or questions.

OP was here last weekend for "quick visit" but thanks to how our parenting calendar was finalized for the month, she didn't get much alone time with him. I suspect they planned her "visit" to fall during his normal weekend without D9 but we had to make some modifications mid-month (at my request) so he ended up with D9 for most of OP's time in town. Interesting to note that he did not tell me that the suggested changes to the calendar would not work for him (read: he choose D9 and making things work for me over alone time with her). OP really needs to get a clue.

Added to last month's schedule change, he is dealing with some serious issues with his foot which is making him Mr. Cranky Pants. He was supposed to have knee surgery on Tuesday morning but it was canceled due to his foot issues (and he was going to stay with me Tuesday night so that he'd have care 24 hours afterwards). Because he was supposed to have surgery, he couldn't take anything for the pain and swelling which I'm sure made him a happy camper all weekend. Complete aside: why didn't they plan for her to stay for his surgery? Hmmm....

I did have a short freak out (thank you full moon and PMS) when I found out she was here while D9 was at his house. But given all the circumstances, I ended up snickering a little at how it all played out. Karma is a b*tc#, baby.

As for Flirty Dad, things have cooled off though I saw him last night at a school function. We were poking each other while standing in line and he hugged me once we got inside. I wonder if Mr. HP noticed that we looked like a couple of teenagers goofing around. Mr. HP and FD also chit chatted while we were standing there. FD and I made tentative plans to get together for drinks tomorrow afternoon though I had to bail because of work meetings; he suggested next week. At one point during the evening, I left Mr. Cranky Pants to sit with FD to catch up since I hadn't seen him in three weeks. It was a little weird since his daughter was sitting there and another school mom was in the row ahead of us chit chatting.

I must be radiating good energy because another school dad came over and introduced himself last night when I was standing by myself on the playground. We chatted for a few (he's married so dead end there). While I was talking to new dad, FD showed up but walked by us and didn't come over to join the conversation. Then later FD came over to say good night and hugged me again. I eventually went back to sit with Mr. HP for the rest of the evening. I am definitely much more lighthearted around him and I think he senses that.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 07:23:30 PM by handpuppets »
“Lighthouses don’t go running all over an island looking for boats to save; they just stand there shining.” -Anne Lamott

Online Onward

« Reply #122 on: May 04, 2018, 10:48:34 PM »
You are sounding lighter, HP.

I am going to have to start a list of the cast of dad characters.  :)
"and though she be but little, she is fierce" - Shakespeare

Offline 31andcounting

« Reply #123 on: May 07, 2018, 04:47:29 AM »
Light and Airy and Radiating good energy!!
 :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Love it!
(hugs)
Hurting people hurt people :(

« Reply #124 on: May 08, 2018, 05:07:39 PM »
Onward: Soon I will need a cheat sheet for the dad characters (hahaha).

31:  :)
“Lighthouses don’t go running all over an island looking for boats to save; they just stand there shining.” -Anne Lamott

« Reply #125 on: May 08, 2018, 05:12:18 PM »
So... at this point in the process... why does it feel like he is cycling again (but not really)? Overall he is withdrawn but some days he's chatty, some days he's all business, then some days he's quiet.

Offline KeepItTogether

« Reply #126 on: May 08, 2018, 07:11:23 PM »
That is by far the most annoying thing to me—the rapid cycling. It’s like they are a completely different person from day to Day.

You seem to be a big hit with the dads. Nice!
Me 46
H 45
S11
BD 5/16
H Moved out 6/16
OW--yes. Worked for H. EA turned into PA while I was in chemo.

Offline 31andcounting

« Reply #127 on: May 09, 2018, 04:44:24 AM »
hand~
I honestly can't tell you "why"  I can only tell you my H did it!!  I can only tell you I have read it on other threads.......

Remember its probably best not to ask why anything!
(hugs)
Hurting people hurt people :(

« Reply #128 on: May 10, 2018, 01:58:02 PM »
KIT: It's half annoying, half mind-boggling. The shift in energy is what is the strangest thing to me. And while I'm a hit with the dads, I got into it with one of the moms (long and funny story). ::)

31: Glad to know it's part of "the process".  ;)

Anyone else feeling the need to purge stuff? I have spent the last week cleaning out my home office. Mostly getting rid of paper and whatnot, including stuff from the old martial house. There are bittersweet moments here and there, but they are overshadowed by the feeling of lightness that comes with tossing things (and getting organized).

Offline Dumbfounded

« Reply #129 on: May 10, 2018, 08:40:02 PM »
I have been throwing out stuff left and right. I am actually thinking about getting a dumpster and having a throw it out weekend. I am usually such a saver... but no more. I feel this big need to simplify. Less is more is my new motto.
Married 1998
MLC H 48
LBS W 47
D16, S12
BD March, 2016
Left home Sept 4, 2016 - living with parents
H filed for D - July 24, 2017
D final March 14, 2018 - still living at parent's house

“You've seen my descent, now watch my rising.”
― Jalaluddin Rumi

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Legal Disclaimer
The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.