Author Topic: My Story Revive me again  (Read 3737 times)

Offline LearningIamOk

My Story Re: Revive me again
« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2018, 08:10:23 AM »
Sounds like it was a wonderful Christmas Mitz. I am glad to hear that you saw your SIL and BIL without extra "guests". I have a similar R with xH's aunt and uncle. I do see them and they are happy to see me. They have no use for OW and didn't know she existed by his admission for quite a while. I had told them from the start what was going on.

I am also glad that your D's accident wasn't serious. It's always such a trial when they start driving. The stress never ends.

Happy and healthy New Year!
trying2bok

Offline Lioness

• I am a lioness. I walk my path fiercely.
Re: Revive me again
« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2018, 08:23:05 PM »
You sound well Mitz! Happy New Year! 🎈🎊

Offline MitzpahTopic starter

• How I long for your precepts! Psalm 119:40
« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2018, 06:30:31 AM »
Thank you for all your support! It is always good to see you commenting on my thread even when there isn't much to see ::)

It's been a while, things haven't changed much since my last post. My d23 and I went on our road trip to Uruguay. It was a lovely trip, a little hard on driving for me because we basically did 5550 km in 11 days! I found that I couldn't allow her to drive within Brazil due to the heavy traffic on the highways, in Uruguay she drove from Montivideu to Trienta e Treis, which gave me a bit of a rest.

I am very happy with my car, it went very well and was very economical! I filled my eyes and sensations with beautiful places, lots of encounters with wild animals and birds, I saw so many hawks! We visited a wildlife reserve on the coast of Uruguay called Cabo Polonio - well worth the trip! The weather was very good most of the time, although I had some 'hairy' moments driving through torrential rain on some of the roads in Brazil.

My sons took good care of the house while we were away and I came back to freshly cut grass and a tidy house. The dogs had had a few fights as usual but were all glad to see us back ;D

The next day h. came by and I gave him the small gifts I had brought for him, he seemed to be pleased, yet was distant and continues to be. I haven't seen him since.

I won't hide it, I am sad that he is so distant. I have stepped way back from him as I feel he wants absolutely nothing to do with me at the moment.

He approached me through whatsapp to ask what had happened to my father's Rolex . He loves watches and wondered whether I could give him the watch as a memento from my father. I had told him sometime ago that it was my mother's intention to sell it and use the proceeds to help her pay the taxes for the house. He wanted to know if we had had it valued and maybe he could buy it? I told him I would speak to my mother about it.

A couple of days later, after speaking to my mother, I told him that it hadn't been valued professionally but it would be and yes it would be sold - I told him that I understood his desire to have the watch and that if it could be worked into my part in the inheritance, I would gladly give it to him, however, I needed to respect my mother's need for the money, let's see how much it is really worth...

He responded and seemed embarassed that he had asked for it, telling me to forget about the subject, he wasn't aware it was so valuable. ::)

And that was the end of that and any other communication between us - three weeks ago.

He has just started an instagram account - the kids tell me it was to be able to follow my s25 who has just come back from super trip to the US. I did not request to follow and after a few days I noticed that he made his profile private.

Two days ago, d23 told me that he had closed his little business with ow. He told the kids that it was not making money and it was too much trouble.

On the same day, I noticed that he changed his profile picture for whatsapp for a picture of himself and ow - a nice picture, both are smiling happily.

Of course, that gave me a familiar kick to the gut feeling - yet, I need to rationalize - we have been divorced for almost three years now, he lived with her for four and a half years even if he doesn't live with her now - I have nothing to do with his life except as being the mother of his children. It just seems like a deliberate distancing tactic on his part.

So, as you see, things go on and stay the same.

I continue to trust the Lord for my future, and I will rejoice in His many mercies toward me and my family!
M 56
H 56
S 26
S 25
D 23
BD 13 Dec 2010
Divorced 27 Feb 2015 (30 years marriage)

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future" Jeremiah 29:11

Offline Acorn

« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2018, 06:47:58 AM »
I continue to trust the Lord for my future, and I will rejoice in His many mercies toward me and my family!

Amen to that, Mizpah!  Giving all to God is against our nature (especially for a fixer like me  :D) but when we can do that, the vista of all the blessings in our lives are gloriously revealed. Literally, in your case, when you were enjoying the trip.   So glad you could enjoy the trip with your dear daughter.  Such precious memories...

(((((((HUGS)))))))))
I love your HS name, Mizpah.  A symbol of God’s covenant with his beloved children. I must remember that I, too, have this covenant with Him. 
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 07:00:39 AM by Acorn »
Feb 2015: H has a Nuclear meltdown.  A tear-fest.  The next morning arctic cold descends.
Oct 2015: ILYBIANILWY
Apr 2016: Affair discovered
Still home

Online handpuppets

« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2018, 03:01:00 PM »
Of course, that gave me a familiar kick to the gut feeling - yet, I need to rationalize - we have been divorced for almost three years now, he lived with her for four and a half years even if he doesn't live with her now - I have nothing to do with his life except as being the mother of his children.

Oh, how I can relate, Mitzpah. They are so hot and cold. Continue to trust the Lord. He will keep us close to Him always.

Your trip with your daughter sounds lovely. Glad to read you had a good time.
“Lighthouses don’t go running all over an island looking for boats to save; they just stand there shining.” -Anne Lamott

Offline Savoir Faire

« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2018, 04:25:03 PM »
Sounds like you had a lovely holiday Mitz, don't forget to plan the next one!

Your H is slower than paint drying isn't he?  What does your gut say about things between you in the future?  He does seem civil at least, so that's a bonus.  I do hope he wakes up one day and tells you how sorry he is.
"And when they ask you about me and you find yourself thinking back on all of our memories,
I hope you ache in regret as the truth hits you like a bullet and you find yourself replying: ""She loved me more than anyone else in the entire world and I tried to destroy her."  He failed by the way. 
http://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=8412(Denjef's thread)

Offline The lighthouse

« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2018, 04:35:57 PM »
Mitzpah, your trip sounds wonderful!

I filled my eyes and sensations with beautiful places, lots of encounters with wild animals and birds, I saw so many hawks!

:)  :)

No matter how long we are into this, when our H's come and go the distancing again is always difficult.  I'm sorry you had to see the photo with H and OW.  As for smiling and happy, I have learned this can be a very false indication of reality with people in general let alone a MLC'er.  Nevertheless, I understand all too well that kick in the gut feeling that can still hit us when we least expect it.   

If we can do this, that's half the battle won right there.  Wishing you continued joy in the little things Mitzpah.  Thanks for the update.  :)
M 1992
BD June 2011
Still with OW - No legal action

I am the lighthouse. I don't go out into the storm after the ship.  The ship finds me.

Offline Anjae

« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2018, 05:37:50 PM »
Lovely trip, Mitzpah.

MLCers and their never ending hot and cold.  ::)
Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together. (Marilyn Monroe)

Offline stillbaffled

« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2018, 06:53:47 PM »
Your trip sounds like a grand adventure.  You put many miles on, saw beautiful things, and made memories with your lovely D.   

The watch request.....interesting to me. 

Thanks for the update, Mitzpah.   

After all, tomorrow is another day.
Together 16 years - married 6
BD - 1/1/16
His divorce final 7/16
Married OW - 7/17
a consistent semi-vanisher in the same small town

Offline MyBrainIsBroken

« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2018, 09:37:24 PM »
I'm glad you were able to make the trip. It sounds like a great experience for both you and your daughter.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk