Author Topic: My Story Something's Gotta Give  (Read 482 times)

Offline Absolutely FabulousTopic starterTopic starter

My Story Something's Gotta Give
« on: December 15, 2017, 05:46:36 PM »
So it's time for a new thread. I love the movie, "Something's Gotta Give" with Jack Nicholson and Diane Keaton.

I've finally taken the plunge and started dating. This man is amazing. ;D Let's just say that he makes me smile. :)

Here's the skinny:

He was a friend of a friend on FB, he had a really great smile. It caught my attention. I friended him months ago, he wanted to make sure it was me and not spam. He helped me to get started in a lucrative investment, it's starting to earn interest now. He started to show interest last summer, but I wasn't ready to date. He admitted to me just last night that he felt something whenever we had a phone or facetime conversation. He knows what he wants, and he wants a woman that's interested in growing with someone. She knows what she wants, and is willing to work for it. He wants what I want: to be a part of a power couple. He loves the fact that I'm intelligent, and thinks that I'm just right the way I am. He's looking for a partner in life, business and romantically. We have so many things in common.

He knows about the crazy Ex, and the AD. We've in the planning stages of our first date. He thinks I'm amazing. He's such a positive and caring man. He knows how to listen, and is a great conversationalist. He has a really sexy voice. There's something about a manly voice that just gets me. He's interesting, and I could go on and on. It's been so long since I've met a man that has told me that he has reacted to whenever we talk to each other (think Keanu Reeves on his date with Diane Keaton in the movie). We have a connection, he felt it before I did. I always said that the next man would know before I did. I feel something when I talk to him as well. That hasn't happened in a long time. And, he respects me.

He cares about me as a person, and he wants what's best for me. Talk about not knowing that feeling for a long time... He encourages me when I'm down, and has a genuine concern for my well being. He even likes the fact that I have kids, and am a good mom. I used to wonder where I could get one of these.  :D

He's: smart, funny, hard working, encouraging, kind, ambitious, knows who he is, and what he wants out of life. Did I forget to mention good looking on top of everything else? And NO GAMES! Thank you God! Straight shooter and no BS. I love it! He says what he means, and means what he says. When look for solutions to problems when we have disagreements. Couldn't do that with the EX. There's a shock! :o

You know, the exact opposite of the EX MLCer (he used to be really handsome, but now he looks old and haggard). All that hard living has finally caught up to him. He looks like the AD's counterpart now. Looks just as old and used up as she does. They both look like they've been rode hard, and put away wet.

This could really be something, or not. I'm not getting too invested yet, but we've been friends for a while. He wants to get to know me better. Or in his words, spend some time with just me so that we can really get to know me. I can be myself with him. And dare I say it: he actually values my opinion. :o That's something that the EX quit doing in his pre-mlc, and wasn't really good with it to begin with.

The EX H has his AD, and I have my upgrade.  ;) Nice how things work out in the end. I get a decent man, he gets a wh0r^ that cheated with him while he was married. They should get married. Now that would be tragic... Oh the drama... ;)

At any rate, I've found happiness again.  To be wanted and desired by a decent man, and the EX can't sabotage it this time? That's a story for another day... :P Even if things don't work out? I'm going to enjoy my time with him. I think I deserve that much.

As for THE QUESTION: Will it get intimate? Depends on how close and how much we can trust each other. I'm not in a rush, but I wouldn't mind it either. Lord knows the EX and the AD were "friends" first. Riiiiight, friends with benefits. I don't want to even be remotely like her. I'm good with waiting, I don't need to get a man into bed to keep him. And I sure don't need to deal with someone else's husband to feel like I've got a good one. At least this man is employed, unlike the EX. I don't have to rescue him, or constantly try to get his kids to like me (that's not going to happen, they're the ones who found the evidence that he was cheating, and the AD slipped up on the year they started seeing each other according to my younger girls). and now my OD knows the truth too. So, guess who's talking to mom again?

Stay tuned, I'm hoping that if nothing else, I'll have one in my life that cares about me and my kids.
-You just can't make this s*it up.
-Not my circus, not my monkeys!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.